Streetline is actively recruiting for a mid-level Software QA Engineer to fill a full-time position in its Foster City office. You will work closely with QA Management, Program Management, and Engineering in multiple phases of development and release to ensure the quality of Streetline’s products.
We are looking for a passionate, self-driving Software QA Engineer who loves figuring out how to break stuff, building automated tests with Ruby and RSpec, and working with Linux. Additional duties may include working with the software engineering team to analyze new software features, write test scenarios, and certify software for release.
**LOCAL candidates only***
***No relocation or sponsorship is available***
***Onsite work only in Foster City, CA***
- Solid QA experience; recent grads considered (3 or more years experience is a plus)
- Ability to document clear QA process and product defects is REQUIRED
- Proficient or have enough exposure to Ruby on Rails, Rspec, selenium or any other automation tools is REQUIRED
- Experience using Agile Methodologies or Test Driven Development
- Strong commitment to Test Driven Development and Test Automation
- Good organization, good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to see the big picture without losing the clarity of the details
- Bachelors degree or equivalent relevant experience.
Preferred Knowledge and Experience:
- Proficiency in RSpec, Cucumber, , Selenium, JMeter, JRuby, Git, Java is preferred
- Proficiency in Ruby on Rails, Python, and Perl, and shell in a Unix/Linux environment is preferred
Required personal skills:
- Strong sense of responsibility and initiative
- Strong desire to learn and improve
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
At Streetline, we are realizing the promise of sensor networks to revolutionize how cities are run. Streetline deploys Cloud-based SaaS solutions with robust sensing using mesh sensor networks to provide real-time parking applications to cities and direct drivers to available parking spots in real-time through mobile devices on the iPhone and Android platforms.
Streetline is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.