Stride Rite

Stride Rite United States Employee Reviews

Part-Time Key Holder
Sales Associate/ Part-Time Key Holder (Former Employee), Washington, PAMarch 20, 2015
I was first a sales associate then part time key holder. I enjoyed working with the staff and everyone was great. My manger was fabulous. It's much like any retail job, there are many pros and cons. Great part time job for anyone starting out.
Enjoyed working there
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Memphis, TNMarch 17, 2015
I really enjoyed the time that I was employed at Stride Rite. My coworkers were fun to be around, management was ok, and I really enjoyed interacting with children that came in the store. Unfortunately, the location where I was employed went out of business.
High volume store.
Full Time Sales Associate (Former Employee), Dunwoody, GAMarch 11, 2015
My experience at Stride Rite, started out good. I have never worked in retail and wanted to try it. I was promoted four months after being hired, from Part time Sales Associate to Full Time Sales Associate. I picked up the skills pretty quickly. The typical day at Stride Rite, there could be some very hectic days like the weekends, or really slow days like during the week. Typical days at Stride Rite are unpredictable. Being at Stride Rite, I have learned a lot about myself and business. I learned that I can handle any situation and still get my work done. No matter what gets thrown at me, I will always be prepare. Management is great. It is not overwhelming. I worked with some of the most amazing people. Most of everyone that I work with worked together to get big shipments done, and making sure that the store ran smoothly. The hardest part about the job, was dealing with difficult customers and be able to give good customer service. But the most enjoyable part of the job, was being able to interact with the children and make their process of shopping for shoes fun and joyous for them and their parents.
shoe dept
Store Manager (Former Employee), Milpitas, CAMarch 10, 2015
Pros: loved the product
Cons: company was sold
sells great shoes for kids . great customer service provided to customer . open and close store .shipment and stocking front floor and stockroom
Fun and kindness workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Stamford, CTMarch 9, 2015
Cons: healthcare
Working at Stride Rite was a fun job. Also, It was a busy job, I have learned how to communicate with babies and how to persuade the mother and the babies to buy shoes and last I learned how to make the costumer comfortable. The hardest part of the job was trying to make the babies comfortable meaning trying to make the babies feel like we are like a friend for them. I used to enjoy a lot talking to the mom about their babies.
Very welcoming environment, great management
Lead Key Holder (Current Employee), West Nyack, NYMarch 8, 2015
Pros: amazing support system
Cons: not being able to work at least a 40 hour work week
amazing day to day opportunities including being able to build relationships with great customers. helpful & encouraging management. hard working coworkers, willing to always put in a team effort when required. aiding customers in the entire shoe shopping experience, including but not limited to teaching them the need to know specifics & removing any confusion or stress the customers may have, is most rewarding. helping some people to understand and believe what may be best for their child may not always be the easiest.
Fast past, fun friendly work place.
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Leawood, KSMarch 6, 2015
Typically I would open the store, check the cash register and turn on systems. Greeting & assuring customers needs as they enter. I learn how to greet and serve customers appropriately. My work team was very helpful and dedicated. The hardest part of the job was not getting attached to the children I served. My favorite part of the job was helping and serving the customers and children making their experience a great one.
Fun
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Tampa, FLFebruary 19, 2015
Good Management ! Always learning new things seeing the same people and seeing the children grow! Love seeing all of the new items that come in. Love figuring out everything that the child may need .
Company is a disaster,
Store Manager (Former Employee), Elizabeth, NJFebruary 17, 2015
Since the company was sold multiple times it has no direction. Management has no idea what is going on half the time. Company does not like to hire within so there is no growth. People in upper management positions are not interested in their employees only customer service scores. Hours are being cut all the time and tasks are always multiplying. Stores are understaffed and moral is low,
Productive Environment
Sales Associate/ Key Holder (Former Employee), HoustonFebruary 5, 2015
Stride Rite is a loyal company that enjoyed working there for almost 4 years. I gained a lot of personal and business growth with the company. I enjoyed management and how well we all work together as a team. The most important thing I liked was the developmental growth with the company. You had more opportunity to grow with the company. So that challenged me to display my leadership skills the best to my ability ,and work harder.
Fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Austin, TXJanuary 27, 2015
Very busy and competitive. Customer service work and sales. cleaning and counting register. One 30 min lunch
productive and fun work place.
Sales Assoc/ Cashier (Current Employee), Paramus, NJJanuary 24, 2015
Have great co-workers. A great manager. Hours are flexible and are able to a just to nearly anything we have going on. Clean and very Organize. Provide the best customer service on and off the phone to customers as possible. Try our best to keep a smile on all kids faces by, smiling at them, talking them and handing them stickers.
Fun place to work at! Little kids are so cool.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Bellevue Square MallJanuary 13, 2015
A typical day at stride rite is a pretty slow day. Greeting customers that walk in, offering to measure a child's feet. Explaining the current promotion to every customer. There is a lot of back and forth since all of the stock is in the back. Kids are cool! Very slow paced most of the time, but it can get pretty crazy.
Fun Workplace because I love kids
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee), Camarillo, CAJanuary 13, 2015
Pros: great chance of advancement
Cons: hours and weekends
Great management team and flexible scheduling for school and home.
Stride Rite
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Memphis, TNJanuary 7, 2015
Stride Rite was a fun and energetic work place. It was positive and easy going. I enjoyed meeting different people. This was a great job!
Productive workplace with a friendly enviroment
SALES ASSOCIATE/CASHIER (Former Employee), Canoga Park CADecember 3, 2014
Pros: lunches discounts helping customers
Cons: customers hard work on my back
Stride rite was a great first place to work. The environment was very friendly and warm and my co workers were very inviting and friendly. I learned a lot for the job through my manager and co workers and have been apply to carry some traits learned at that job in my daily life.
I loved this place
Key Holder/Sales Lead (Current Employee), Woodbridge, NJNovember 29, 2014
Pros: ambiance
Cons: pay
BEST job and bosses I've ever had.. it was a fast-paced place and great learning experience for me.
fun employes
Retail Salesperson (Former Employee), Garden City, NYNovember 14, 2014
very disrespectful customers
would never work there agin
loved my coworkers
Selling childrens shoes
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Orlando, FLNovember 12, 2014
This was a good job.

Helping parents find the right shoes for their children.

Keeping stock current and up to date.

Great people to work with.
productive
freight associate (Current Employee), Allen, TXNovember 10, 2014
people are nice in control of the back room not really a hard part to my job just stay busy

1 2 3 4 5

About Stride Rite

Simon says: "Shop!" And millions do. Simon Property Group is the largest shopping mall and retail center owner in the US, with – Read more

Stride Rite Salaries