Stride Rite Employee Reviews in United States

Uplifitng workplace filled with enthusiasm
Sales Associate/Cashier/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNJuly 12, 2016
I loved working at Stride Rite. I always had tasks to complete to keep me busy and the atmosphere was so positive. The employees were all team players and the customers for the most part were friendly.
Pros
Busy
Cons
Short breaks when running store alone
productive and fun work place
Sales Associate and Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NY 10710July 7, 2016
A typical day at work was measuring childrens feet and helping customers. I learned good customer service skills.
The management was fair.
My co workers were nice.
The hardest part of the job for me was stock.
The most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers and the kids!
Pros
great staff
Cons
not enough hours.
great place
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Riverhead, NYJune 15, 2016
I loved this job it was like a little family and you felt so at home working with the kids was amazing and it wasn't stressfull all you had to do was make the parents and kid happy with there shoes.
Friendly enviroment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Meriden, CTJune 12, 2016
Always something to do. An the management was very friendly an always had you busy. The co-workers were very fun to work with.
Na
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Leawood, KSJune 7, 2016
I wish I would have never left this company. They are awesome and very friendly. I would def. work there again. Very much know what there doing. Very clean place also,
Good first job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toms River, NJMay 27, 2016
It is a good first job to learn about how to make sales and be hands on with the costumer. It gets very busy in the summer and very slow in the winter so hours get cut a little because it is a small store. Very good first job.
fun and fast paced !
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Saucier, MSMay 25, 2016
working here was great! measure feet, point customers in the right direction, and just keep shoes organized. management was good and co works are very helpful. hardest part was people would like to steal and you'd have to be prepared for that. i enjoyed working with the kids measuring their shoe size and helping them find the perfect shoe.
Pros
great enviorment and staff
Cons
short lunch or late lunch due to high volume customers
Dream Job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXMay 19, 2016
Stride Rite has been my best job yet due to the leadership coaching style of my District Manager. This job promoted coaching that enabled me to be promoted twice in less than a year. This company will promote within before outsourcing. Health benefits and life insurance was affordable individually and for my children. I loved the science behind the development of the product. In addition to the work structure, they always have flexibility in scheduling. Great morale!
Productive and friendly environment for children
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, VAApril 25, 2016
A typical day working at the Potomac Mills Stride Rite location included suggesting styles to customers, interacting with the children of the customers, calling other stores, making online orders and having overall great customer service.
An ok job
Sales Associate, Key holder (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAApril 10, 2016
The store managers tend to be very good. Corporate management was lacking. (former coworkers say they are trying to change this.) If you like interacting with people all day, the job is fine. There is a fairly typical shifting retail schedule, and nearly all jobs are part time.
Pros
mostly sane customers
Cons
part time only
Fun and challenging place to work.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Durham, NCMarch 23, 2016
While working at Stride Rite I learned a lot about pitching ideas to customers about different products that we sell and how the product can benefit the children and parents. This entry level position has made me interested in the art of selling and I would like more experience selling other items to a different market.
Never a dull moment.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Pineville, NCMarch 5, 2016
I really do enjoy being a stride rite sales associate. I have a love for children and I enjoy helping people. Stride rite has taught me how to interact with lots of different people and completely taught me what customer service truly is. No matter what the outcome may be, ensuring that customers leave our store satisfied.
Always on your feet
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, CAMarch 3, 2016
You have to be very patience for this job, when you are working with parents and children. Overall a typical day was measuring children's feet and bringing out different styles. You had to be very patience especially with parents who are looking for things online and realizing that each store varies. When you weren't measuring children's feet, you were replacing any stickers that might have fallen/pulled off by customers. Cleaning the sales floor, and reorganize the stockroom. I enjoy this job very much.
Pros
Discounts on shoes, good hours, work with your schedule
Cons
If you don't have kids, you really don't use the discounts
Good for a starting manager
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaFebruary 15, 2016
Stride right is a good place for a starting manager. Teaches you the basics about selling and running a team. For the young people, its a good place.
Usually slow paced till noon comes around- All the families swarm
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAFebruary 14, 2016
It was an alright workplace, the hours weren't as nice as I thought they'd be. The store was small, especially the stockroom. Otherwise, my coworkers were great and overall it was a nice part time job.
Pros
%10 mall discount to all stores
Cons
Not enough hours, underpaid
Poor work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Paramus, NJFebruary 1, 2016
Stride rite is weird to work at. Typically I would be alone in the store for the night shift and by the next day I would get yelled at by the manager for no reason .
Fun Workplace
Sales Associate/Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Rehoboth Beach, DEJanuary 15, 2016
Fun place to work. Small store that is fully staffed. Great as a part time job to meet new people and make extra summer money, but not for anyone looking for full-time employment.
Pros
Interact with customers/meet new people.
Cons
Hours reduced during the winter months.
Relaxing and fun place to work.
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Katy, TXJanuary 15, 2016
A typical day at Stride Rite is to organize shoe boxes, help customers, and measure shoe sizes. Hardest part of job is trying to resize all the boxes due to how mixed up they are and trying to find a mismatched shoe. Little kids do mess up all the boxes and leave them on the floor.
Pros
percentage off shoes, 10 minute extra break, and flexible schedule
Cons
healthcare, hours, expensive, and mess
kid shoes
Kids Expert/ Key holder (Former Employee) –  Merrillville, INDecember 29, 2015
The hardest part about this job or any other job is to make sure all employees are doing things correctly. If everybody do their job than the business will run smoothly.
Pros
co-worker
benefits
Fun, energetic,clean work environment.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Howell, MISeptember 24, 2015
Great running company to work for, very supportive upper management, always there to lend a hand. I loved working with the customers,and the children that would come in looking for shoes. Customer service is what all jobs start with I believe, its all about how you talk to the customer/client. You want them to get the best customer service that you can give and they should walk out the door happy. There was always room for growth in this company, we had some great training and opportunities.
Pros
Discount on shoes
Cons
no healthcare

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stride Rite. Our community is ready to answer.