Stride Rite Employee Reviews

Sales Associate, Salesperson, Sales Worker (Former Employee) –  Watertown, MAMay 21, 2017
Each day I would go into work, I would love every second of it. I was able to work with multiple children and adult each and everyday. The staff was outstanding as well as management. I without a doubt have learned how to have a outstanding amount of patience.
Pros
kids
Cons
nothing
I loved it
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Culver City, CAMay 19, 2017
Working at stride rite was a great expirience for me. As a mother myself i helped alot of new parents look for the right shoe for their litto ones. Its a nice and friendly place to work. I miss you stride rite.
It was a good company to work for
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 18, 2017
I enjoy working at Stride Rite I have learned a lot over the years working there . I enjoy going in every day just to interact with the customer's.
Pros
They gave their employees lunch 4 times a year
Cons
Respect
Good job
S tore Manager (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYMay 16, 2017
Stride rite was a good job. But I was sexually harassed and got no help so I quit.but I wish that didn't happen because I really like to work there and to help children to find shoes that they love and was very comfortable
Pros
Ok enviornment
Cons
Not that good with making sure their employees were good
Stride Rite
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, PAMay 12, 2017
Great company to work for. I enjoyed all of the managers that I worked with. The pace was fast and there was always something to keep you busy. Building great customer relationship's was the best part.
Goal oriented and pleasant work environment.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Sevierville, TNMay 9, 2017
Our team worked collectively to achieve high percentage sales goals, while still maintaining a pleasant and comfortable environment. Great balance of work and home life.
I loved the job, but was not challenged enough
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMay 8, 2017
I enjoyed working at Stride Rite because of the children, but within my job, there wasn't any structure from management. I wasn't challenged or pushed
Pros
working with children, location
Cons
lack of structure within facility, not challenged
Typical
Customer Service/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHApril 13, 2017
I learned a lot on how to fit kids for their shoes and how to insert arch cookies. The manager was very laid back and was very helpful when we needed it.
great place to work if you love kids
I assist customers (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 9, 2017
wonderful, fast paced wonderful atmosphere family oriented great sales and also good discount for employees they are closing all of them though so get in while you can
Store level work great, corporate not so much.
Full Time Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Exton, PAApril 6, 2017
The store level work environment is great, but the corporate decision to close all brick and mortar stores is ridiculous. Leaving the last remaining stores less than a month to close down.
A great place to work if you love children.
Store Manager/District Trainer (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 1, 2017
A fast pace environment most of the time which makes the days go by fast. No two days are the same due to the customers you have. The best part is seeing a baby take their first steps and the joy in their parents eyes.
Stride Rite Crabtree Valley Mall
Keyholder (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 28, 2017
Pretty good place to work for a part time position. The hours are reasonable, the pay could be higher. The store manger is fair. Some of the operating processes are grass roots but overall its a decent place to work.
Pros
location, population served.
Cons
pay, assistant manager likes to micro manage.
Great experience
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ellenton, FLMarch 18, 2017
It was an overall good experience had to leave because of conflict issues with school and scheduling but overall i loved working with the kids and my co-workers
Pros
fun work environment
Cons
no cons
Fun place to work
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMarch 8, 2017
The management is great, small stores, family feel. I learned how to accurately measure and fit childrens shoes. It has been a great place to work. Everyone has the ability to make the customer happy.
Pros
small staff, great manager
Cons
lots of stores closing nationwide
I Loved It!
Part-Time Keyholder (Current Employee) –  West Nyack, NYFebruary 26, 2017
It was a great experience at Stride Rite. The environment was very warm and welcoming, and the guests that entered everyday made it even more friendly
Supportive Company
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  West Nyack, NYFebruary 22, 2017
Stride Rite offers competitive pay and great benefits such as tuition reimbursement. Always feel supported by upper management. Unfortunately, not much room for growth due to market conditions.
Fun Working with Children
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Garden City, NYFebruary 21, 2017
Great environment if you love being around children. Very fact paced environment measuring feet and helping find walking shoes, sneakers for the child.
Nice place to work at with kids.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAFebruary 20, 2017
I learned a lot i had good training. Love working with kids, love to stock and price tag. Management not so great manger had favorites. Worked as a team which is great.
Stay Away
Store Manager/Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Wrentham, MAFebruary 20, 2017
They were a great company to work for then corporate America took over. Low quality shoes, lack of product, store reviews that had not bearing on staff. Pay was good but Management need to work every weekend/holiday - not good for families. Stores are closing on a monthly basis.
Pros
Pay
Cons
hours worked
Terrible Management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Center Valley, PAFebruary 14, 2017
I worked at the Center Valley location for 1 year and 11 days and it was the worst job I ever had, including working in cleaning at DorneyPark and Wild Water Kingdom. A typical day at work including forever unpacking shipment that the manager didn't feel like unpacking, dealing with parents who were rude, and trying to do all of this at the same time. I learned that I deserved way better than that "job". Management was great when I started, but then the manager left and the assistant took over. She was absolutely terrible and was defiantly trying to get rid of me. The district manager was extremely rude and degrading towards me, and I only met him once. The manager was always giving me false hopes of a better position, like full-time, which is what I needed at the time. But no, full-time high school kid full-time key-holder position and a college adult don't all because the other one was pregnant. I was there longer and had better qualifications. The manager simply didn't like me of my religion, and she said that multiple times. The workplace culture was horrible. The hardest part of the job was the entire job. There was no enjoyable part. The paycheck was mesely and I barely got hours... I also wrote a letter of resignation that went to corporate and down the line and never heard anything. I could have sued the company for many things. Glad this location was shut down.
Pros
Cons
Short breaks, little pay, management, and many more.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stride Rite. Our community is ready to answer.