Stringfellow Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

Good place to work.
Medical Technologist (Current Employee) –  Anniston, ALMarch 6, 2017
The hospital is small and everyone works as a team to get the job done. I would recommend this hospital as an employer. The employees respect each other and their patients.
Drama, busy, pay is terrible
PCT (Patient Care Technician) (Former Employee) –  Anniston, ALJanuary 21, 2017
Very poor management, management lets bad attitudes slide with no punishment, nurses are always coming and going, drama is constant, very negative environment to work in overall. The pay is terrible.
Pros
Will work around college
Cons
Short breaks, bad attitudes, drama
Nurses Are Overworked and Underpaid!
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Anniston, ALJanuary 14, 2017
Nice small hospital, but it could be much better. Staff are overworked and underpaid. Management seems indifferent to staffing problems. Many of the staff do not finish shifts on time and some do not take breaks in an effort to do so. We should be able to have a few moments to ourselves. I feel staff morale is suffering as well as patient care. It is impossible to provide quality care in a timely manner when you work under these conditions. Medications and treatments are often not given on time and some things do not get done at all. It's obvious staff are overworked and frustrated. This makes us as caregivers look bad in front of patients and families and it also makes the hospital look bad. This place is definitely not what it used to be or could be!
Pros
Most staff work well together and are nice
Cons
Lack of staff, high patient loads, often no breaks or meals taken, management lacks empathy
I enjoyed working at Stringfellow Memorial Hospital
Admitting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Anniston, ALOctober 15, 2016
Take part in taking care of someone. I learned how to process patient records to be seen by a doctor. Management was awesome made you feel at home, a team. everyone was great to work with, we all pitch in and help one another. The hardest part, not being able to process patient as fast a they would like and the most enjoyable is knowing that I'm taking a part of helping someone.
Pros
nice work place
Cons
couldn't help more
great work place
Admitting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Anniston, AL 36207October 14, 2016
Nice place to work. You learn something every day. Insurance you learned something new every time i am there. have great people there to work with
great team work
Registered Nurse Departments (Current Employee) –  Anniston, ALSeptember 25, 2016
Working in a critical care setting we have great team work. From the respiratory therapist, to the doctors and lab. We have a great team and I never worried about any situation that we came across.
stringfellow
registered nurse (Current Employee) –  Anniston, ALNovember 10, 2015
Great place to work. Great people to work with. Small hospital to get to know people. Patient interaction is great. Physicians are very good.
Pros
Great place
Cons
not steady hours
Very harsh environment
ER Secretary/ Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Anniston, ALOctober 8, 2015
Overall i like working in hospitals and helping people. Although this place made it very hard to work because you get overwhelmed and the nurses did not want to help the techs when needed. Sometimes i would have over 16 patients by myself.
Pros
discount lunch
Cons
no help
Friendly environment, good people
ER Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Anniston, AlabamaSeptember 1, 2015
As an registration clerk, a typical day was getting the patient into the system in a timely manner that will enable them to receive help as quickly as possible. I put my clerical skills and customer service skills to use. The management team was good and very helpful when you needed them. The co-worker were very friendly and kind, willing to help as much as possible. The hardest part was working the third shift and the best part was helping patients.
Pros
being able to help others
Cons
having to work the third shift
Unorganized
PHLEBOTOMIST (Former Employee) –  Anniston, ALMay 12, 2015
Poor management and unpleasant work environment. Did not like working for them at all and would not refer anyone to this company for employment
Very good
Network Administrator (Current Employee) –  Anniston, ALMarch 22, 2015
A typical day at work is day to day problem solving including but not limited to hardware and software issues, coordinate with vendors to resolve issues. Support offsite doctors offices who use our system. perform daily system backup
I have learned new things everyday.
Management is very good.
Everybody is very helpful.
Environmental Services
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Anniston, ALMarch 17, 2015
A typical day at work involves getting all equipment together that would be needed to complete the job task for that day, properly filling out all paperwork, doing a job walk around, identifying all safety hazards prior to beginning, rigging up equipment needed for the task, performing our job functions, work orders signed, turned in and we would then finish by unloading all equipment used and returning it to it's proper place at the office.
I learned how to become more flexible while gaining a more improved problem solving ability.
The management at the office are good people on personal level.
The hardest part of the job was being on call 24 hours a days.
The most enjoyable part of the job to me was when I was able to satisfy the needs of the customers and secure future relations with them.
Pros
Gaining a personal relationship with customers
Cons
No insurance for part time works
Don't go there
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Anniston, ALAugust 19, 2014
The Management doesn't care about the employes or the patients, it is all about money and admissions.
Working as an MLS
Radiology Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Anniston, ALJune 6, 2014
My office was in the Health Information department, but I worked as a radiology/cardiology transcriptionist. Days consisted of typing radiology/cardiology reports, delivering reports to radiology, faxing reports if needed, handling phone calls from physicians looking for reports or other information.
Pros
It was a good job, worked with good people.
Cons
None.
Great place to work. Wonderful co-workers who care about patient satisfaction.
Director, Physician Relations & Marketing (Current Employee) –  Anniston, ALJune 2, 2014
Stringfellow is a great place to work. The administration, directors,and associates care about the well being of every patient. The physicians are wonderful, caring, men and women.
worked second shift in the ER
Emergency Room Admitting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Anniston, ALDecember 11, 2013
this was a very stressful job. most of the folks came in on second shift and i was in college getting a degree and that made the job more harder to do.
Patient Rep
PATIENT ACCOUNTS REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  anniston alabamaNovember 4, 2013
PATIENT ACCOUNTS REPRESENTATIVE: with productivity and customer service satisfaction. Ability in analyzing opportunities to increase revenue. Proactive troubleshooter with interpersonal skills to develop and maintain satisfactory relationship with clients and staff. Solid administration organization and supervisory capabilities with background encompassing knowledge or employee training and team development.

Billing and insurance collection capabilities
Ensures timely resolution of accounts through tickler and collections
Inter relations with clients, insurance and staff
Client counseling
Cashier
Customer service
Pros
billing and insurance knowledge
Cons
Under staffed and too many patient's for one nurse.
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Anniston, ALAugust 23, 2013
Often I would have 7-9 patients to me and no tech to assist you with small task. Dangerous situation in nursing.
Excellent Workplace
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Anniston, ALNovember 8, 2012
typical day will include one on one with physicians, managers,nurses, and helping patients. The hardest part of the job is 12 hour days,
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
12 hour shifts
Received employee of the quarter and received many cards from patients and management for doing a great job.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Anniston, ALNovember 2, 2012
I would start work at 6:45 am to delegate patients to nurses. I have learned that you cannot be a charge nurse and take a full load of patients. The hardest part of my job was not being able to give great care to all of my patients.
benefits
Cons
short breaks.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stringfellow Memorial Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Stringfellow Memorial Hospital Reviews by Location