Stringfellow Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

stringfellow
registered nurse (Current Employee) –  Anniston, ALNovember 10, 2015
Great place to work. Great people to work with. Small hospital to get to know people. Patient interaction is great. Physicians are very good.
Pros
Great place
Cons
not steady hours
Friendly environment, good people
ER Registration Clerk (Former Employee) –  Anniston, AlabamaSeptember 1, 2015
As an registration clerk, a typical day was getting the patient into the system in a timely manner that will enable them to receive help as quickly as possible. I put my clerical skills and customer service skills to use. The management team was good and very helpful when you needed them. The co-worker were very friendly and kind, willing to help as much as possible. The hardest part was working the third shift and the best part was helping patients.
Pros
being able to help others
Cons
having to work the third shift
Unorganized
PHLEBOTOMIST (Former Employee) –  Anniston, ALMay 12, 2015
Poor management and unpleasant work environment. Did not like working for them at all and would not refer anyone to this company for employment
Very good
Network Administrator (Current Employee) –  Anniston, ALMarch 22, 2015
A typical day at work is day to day problem solving including but not limited to hardware and software issues, coordinate with vendors to resolve issues. Support offsite doctors offices who use our system. perform daily system backup
I have learned new things everyday.
Management is very good.
Everybody is very helpful.
Environmental Services
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Anniston, ALMarch 17, 2015
A typical day at work involves getting all equipment together that would be needed to complete the job task for that day, properly filling out all paperwork, doing a job walk around, identifying all safety hazards prior to beginning, rigging up equipment needed for the task, performing our job functions, work orders signed, turned in and we would then finish by unloading all equipment used and returning it to it's proper place at the office.
I learned how to become more flexible while gaining a more improved problem solving ability.
The management at the office are good people on personal level.
The hardest part of the job was being on call 24 hours a days.
The most enjoyable part of the job to me was when I was able to satisfy the needs of the customers and secure future relations with them.
Pros
Gaining a personal relationship with customers
Cons
No insurance for part time works
Don't go there
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Anniston, ALAugust 19, 2014
The Management doesn't care about the employes or the patients, it is all about money and admissions.
Working as an MLS
Radiology Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Anniston, ALJune 6, 2014
My office was in the Health Information department, but I worked as a radiology/cardiology transcriptionist. Days consisted of typing radiology/cardiology reports, delivering reports to radiology, faxing reports if needed, handling phone calls from physicians looking for reports or other information.
Pros
it was a good job, worked with good people.
Cons
none.
Great place to work. Wonderful co-workers who care about patient satisfaction.
Director, Physician Relations & Marketing (Current Employee) –  Anniston, ALJune 2, 2014
Stringfellow is a great place to work. The administration, directors,and associates care about the well being of every patient. The physicians are wonderful, caring, men and women.
worked second shift in the ER
Emergency Room Admitting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Anniston, ALDecember 11, 2013
this was a very stressful job. most of the folks came in on second shift and i was in college getting a degree and that made the job more harder to do.
Patient Rep
PATIENT ACCOUNTS REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  anniston alabamaNovember 4, 2013
PATIENT ACCOUNTS REPRESENTATIVE: with productivity and customer service satisfaction. Ability in analyzing opportunities to increase revenue. Proactive troubleshooter with interpersonal skills to develop and maintain satisfactory relationship with clients and staff. Solid administration organization and supervisory capabilities with background encompassing knowledge or employee training and team development.

Billing and insurance collection capabilities
Ensures timely resolution of accounts through tickler and collections
Inter relations with clients, insurance and staff
Client counseling
Cashier
Customer service
Pros
billing and insurance knowledge
Under staffed and too many patient's for one nurse.
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Anniston, ALAugust 23, 2013
Often I would have 7-9 patients to me and no tech to assist you with small task. Dangerous situation in nursing.
Excellent Workplace
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Anniston, ALNovember 8, 2012
typical day will include one on one with physicians, managers,nurses, and helping patients. The hardest part of the job is 12 hour days,
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
12 hour shifts
Received employee of the quarter and received many cards from patients and management for doing a great job.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Anniston, ALNovember 2, 2012
I would start work at 6:45 am to delegate patients to nurses. I have learned that you cannot be a charge nurse and take a full load of patients. The hardest part of my job was not being able to give great care to all of my patients.
benefits
Cons
short breaks.
Administrative envolvment is great
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Anniston, ALAugust 22, 2012
Work with hospital CNO, CFO, and Associate Adminstrator. Working together as a team is a plus. Co workers are great in every department. Some days can be challenging but always worth the effort.
Pros
have very good benefits
Cons
some days lunch is short
Er
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Anniston, ALMay 26, 2012
Take care of patients and their family.
I learned to think quick on my feet.
Management is the same everywhere you go.
Co-workers were mostly friendly and easy to get along with.
Hardest part of the job, being away from my kids.
Most enjoyable part of the job, taking care of other people.
Pros
fun
Cons
schedule