Stringfellow Memorial Hospital

Stringfellow Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

Very good
Network Administrator (Current Employee), Anniston, ALMarch 22, 2015
A typical day at work is day to day problem solving including but not limited to hardware and software issues, coordinate with vendors to resolve issues. Support offsite doctors offices who use our system. perform daily system backup
I have learned new things everyday.
Management is very good.
Everybody is very helpful.
Environmental Services
Environmental Services (Former Employee), Anniston, ALMarch 17, 2015
Pros: Gaining a personal relationship with customers
Cons: No insurance for part time works
A typical day at work involves getting all equipment together that would be needed to complete the job task for that day, properly filling out all paperwork, doing a job walk around, identifying all safety hazards prior to beginning, rigging up equipment needed for the task, performing our job functions, work orders signed, turned in and we would then finish by unloading all equipment used and returning it to it's proper place at the office.
I learned how to become more flexible while gaining a more improved problem solving ability.
The management at the office are good people on personal level.
The hardest part of the job was being on call 24 hours a days.
The most enjoyable part of the job to me was when I was able to satisfy the needs of the customers and secure future relations with them.
Don't go there
Nurse (Former Employee), Anniston, ALAugust 19, 2014
The Management doesn't care about the employes or the patients, it is all about money and admissions.
Working as an MLS
Radiology Transcriptionist (Former Employee), Anniston, ALJune 6, 2014
Pros: it was a good job, worked with good people.
Cons: none.
My office was in the Health Information department, but I worked as a radiology/cardiology transcriptionist. Days consisted of typing radiology/cardiology reports, delivering reports to radiology, faxing reports if needed, handling phone calls from physicians looking for reports or other information.
Great place to work. Wonderful co-workers who care about patient satisfaction.
Director, Physician Relations & Marketing (Current Employee), Anniston, ALJune 2, 2014
Stringfellow is a great place to work. The administration, directors,and associates care about the well being of every patient. The physicians are wonderful, caring, men and women.
worked second shift in the ER
Emergency Room Admitting Clerk (Former Employee), Anniston, ALDecember 11, 2013
this was a very stressful job. most of the folks came in on second shift and i was in college getting a degree and that made the job more harder to do.
Patient Rep
PATIENT ACCOUNTS REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), anniston alabamaNovember 4, 2013
Pros: billing and insurance knowledge
PATIENT ACCOUNTS REPRESENTATIVE: with productivity and customer service satisfaction. Ability in analyzing opportunities to increase revenue. Proactive troubleshooter with interpersonal skills to develop and maintain satisfactory relationship with clients and staff. Solid administration organization and supervisory capabilities with background encompassing knowledge or employee training and team development.

Billing and insurance collection capabilities
Ensures timely resolution of accounts through tickler and collections
Inter relations with clients, insurance and staff
Client counseling
Cashier
Customer service
Under staffed and too many patient's for one nurse.
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee), Anniston, ALAugust 23, 2013
Often I would have 7-9 patients to me and no tech to assist you with small task. Dangerous situation in nursing.
Excellent Workplace
Unit Secretary (Current Employee), Anniston, ALNovember 8, 2012
Pros: excellent benefits
Cons: 12 hour shifts
typical day will include one on one with physicians, managers,nurses, and helping patients. The hardest part of the job is 12 hour days,
Received employee of the quarter and received many cards from patients and management for doing a great job.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Anniston, ALNovember 2, 2012
Pros: benefits
Cons: short breaks.
I would start work at 6:45 am to delegate patients to nurses. I have learned that you cannot be a charge nurse and take a full load of patients. The hardest part of my job was not being able to give great care to all of my patients.
Administrative envolvment is great
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee), Anniston, ALAugust 22, 2012
Pros: have very good benefits
Cons: some days lunch is short
Work with hospital CNO, CFO, and Associate Adminstrator. Working together as a team is a plus. Co workers are great in every department. Some days can be challenging but always worth the effort.
ER
Registered Nurse (Former Employee), Anniston, ALMay 26, 2012
Pros: fun
Cons: schedule
Take care of patients and their family.
I learned to think quick on my feet.
Management is the same everywhere you go.
Co-workers were mostly friendly and easy to get along with.
Hardest part of the job, being away from my kids.
Most enjoyable part of the job, taking care of other people.