We're looking for people who write well and solve problems to come work with us on user support at Stripe (https://stripe.com).
As part of the Account Support team at Stripe, you'll be on the front lines working with Stripe's users from fledgling startups to Fortune 500s, including companies like Lyft, TED, WolframAlpha, and the Electronic Frontier Foundation. You'll work hands-on with a collaborative team to educate our users on new products, improve their experience with our product, and help them find success with Stripe.
Stripe is live on 3 continents with over 100 supported currencies and rapidly expanding to power the online payments infrastructure throughout the world. While helping our users, the Account Support team works closely with every part of Stripe, learning the intricacies of how we build products, manage risk, launch new countries and keep users happy.
We interact with users by email and real-time chat. As the voice of our users, you'll help shape the direction of the Stripe product and how it's used. Account Support has been responsible for optimizing our internal and external documentation for subscriptions, Checkout, and a host of other products, and working with other teams to improve our accounting tools, transfer interface, and messaging around new products.
We offer a generous salary and equity package - along with a host of other benefits - including free breakfast, lunch, and dinner; flexible work hours; free laundry service; gym membership; health, dental and vision benefits; paid parental leave; and more.
If you're a strong writer, a fast researcher, constantly curious, and can't stand users having anything less than a stellar experience, we want to hear from you!
You may like this job if:
- You love interacting with new people.
- You enjoy writing, and do so quickly and clearly.
- You enjoy talking about technical concepts, and would be comfortable explaining how Stripe works.
- You have a keen sense for seeing through the question being asked to the actual problem a user is having.
- You empathize with users and can see through their questions to quickly grasp the issues they're facing.
- You enjoy the puzzle of solving open-ended problems, both individually and as a member of the team.
- You enjoy the process of constantly learning and re-learning a changing technical product, even when you're a little out of your depth.
To apply, please email us with:
- Your resume and background.
- Some information on why you want to work in this role.
- A writing sample. Links to work on the web are fine, or write a short piece on any topic you're passionate about.
- The list of languages you'd be comfortable working in, if more than English.