Stripes Convenience Stores Employee Reviews

Fair
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pharr, TXFebruary 2, 2016
Typical sales assosiate career. Work here is based primarily around selling proctucts but does involve plenty of multitasking. Overall pretty fair job environment.
Pros
Free fountain beverages, excellent sales assosiate training, character buiding
Cons
Strenuous hours, unfair division of labor, unjust work policies
I enjoyed my time spent with this company!
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Stanton, TXFebruary 1, 2016
If this company would have granted me the maternity leave when necessary, (due to my consistency) id still be management with this company today. My manager was very patient and understanding. My coworkers communicated well amongst one another. The hardest part of my whole shift was getting things together for the next shift nut, it always got done! And. on time. My most favorite about this job is getting regular customers and them greeting me upon arrival before i ever got a chance to even greet the,!
Positive work enviroment
Management trainee (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJanuary 29, 2016
Typical day greet and meet customers with positive attitude. Learned valuable word association skills remembering names. Managers very knowledgeable and compromising with particular needs. Hardest part is most customers in and out with no time for relationship building. Most enjoyable would be building relationships with younger generation establishing future consumers.
Pros
Special $5 on pre paid cards for payroll
Cons
no lunches
Productive and fun workplace
Restaurant Lead (Former Employee) –  Copperas Cove, TXJanuary 18, 2016
Setting up for the morning rush, cooking, and cleaning as I go, prepping and documenting was a typical day in the kitchen at Stripes. I've learned to how to work with others with urgency to serve and satisfy our customers. I was privileged to have great managers and a great team of co-workers which made the saying "Team Work, Makes the Dream Work" a true story. I think the hardest part of the job was being off. The most enjoyable part of working for Stripes 2454 was FAMILY. They were definitely my second family.
Friendly environment .
Merchandise Stocker (Current Employee) –  Killeen, TXJanuary 14, 2016
Stripes is a fast paced environment with a focus on maximum customer satisfaction. The leadership holds store associates to the highest standards. Being a convenience store, the work life balance is not consistent. Hours can vary depending on revenue, so you may be called to come in on your day off or to only work a portion of your daily/weekly scheduled hours. Overall I enjoy working at Stripes and being part of the Stripes team.
Pros
Free drinks, customer interaction
Cons
Short breaks
Fun upbeat place
cashier (Former Employee) –  Kyle, TXJanuary 12, 2016
My job at stripes was a cashier. I enjoyed working there because the people were amazing. Our customers became family.
Management was fun, but also made sure we did our jobs appropriately. My co-workers and I were a team. We had fun but got the job done. Hardest part of job was when we got extremely busy and I felt like my hands wouldnt move fast enough. Best part of the job was hearing the customers thank me even though I felt like I was going too slow.
Great Environment good Hearted people
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Lampasas, TXJanuary 1, 2016
Being a manger is stressful in itself and that is what I loved about the company. Although it was stressful I was able to make my own decisions about my store and how my career would lay itself out with the company. Overall great company to work for it was just time to move on.
Pros
great pay
Cons
poor management
productive and fast paced place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kerrville, TXDecember 16, 2015
a typical day at work is filled with people and tons of work to manage often times alone.management was always present even if it wasn't at my store if I needed help it usually wasn't more than a phone call away.My co workers were great we really got along like a family
Pros
fast paced, fun
Cons
running the store alone
I learned more about customer service.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKDecember 14, 2015
I got to learn more customer service techniques and different ways of dealing with work related issues. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers and seeing regular customers every shift.
productive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXDecember 13, 2015
normal work day. always kept busy. management was okay. always had work. good hours. i worked there for a while until i had my daughter
it was a wonderful place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cisco, TXDecember 9, 2015
working here was a wonderful experience, they were wonderful in working with my husbands scedule and my kids. they went above and beyond to make us feel like a family.
Convience store
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXDecember 2, 2015
I liked and did my job well, but the store and many of the employees caused issues. It needs alot of changes to make this location great. I gave all I had and then some.
Benefits
Cons
hardly any breaks
Stripes
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXNovember 4, 2015
I loved all of y co-workers. The hardest part of the job was the lifting and the most enjoyable part was the chance to interact with customers.
Pros
Full shifts
Cons
Low pay rate
good training
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXNovember 1, 2015
nice training, very detail, good workers and fast pace job, work hard and achieve success. though company must develop proper lunch and break policy for employee
Pros
good work environment
Cons
long hours, insurance is very expensive
high paced work place
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Porter, TXOctober 26, 2015
does not always support hard working people and promotions are slow and rare. very busy stores, specially due to the Laredo taco food, store are usually busy in almost all locations
Pros
stays busy, times goes by fast
Cons
no lunch breaks
It's a job that will get you by...bearly
Manager (Former Employee) –  Harlingen, TXOctober 23, 2015
Not my cup of tea. But all in all, it did pay the bills. I just got tired of the stress of never having an assistant manager for almost a year. I did learn a lot. Like how to maintain a business inventory and how to produce sales and profit margins. Also learned how to manage employees and all their needs. Learned how to deal with unhappy and rude customers. Learned how to audit merchandise and research cash shortages. Hardest part of the job was going to work knowing that everything I did was never going to be appreciated and always being doubted. Wasn't until I improved sales by 400% and decreased store loss to stay in the positive that I was even considered for management. Only thing hard about that job was keeping my employees. Younger people just don't take pride in their work these days. But it payed that bills.
Pros
Got the bills payed.
Cons
Everything else.
It was OK
Kitchen Help (Former Employee) –  2426October 1, 2015
At the time I was there, there had been a management change and things where chaotic. Hard to keep up with. Went back for a visit and the atmosphere was different, and better. Hope all gets better and better.
Pros
***
Cons
You will most likly end up doing other peoples work and almost no break.
productive and fun place to work in
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXSeptember 28, 2015
there wasn't a day where it was boring. there was always something to do while working at stripes. people were great to work with. fast pace and always keeping busy.
productive company
Cook/cashier (Former Employee) –  Brady, TXSeptember 24, 2015
Would treat there employees with respect and would ask how you were doing management was very helpful with any problem that they could help with and were very strict about over time which was the only down fall.
Pros
feed us free lunch
Cons
no brakes
it was a nice place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXSeptember 24, 2015
was fun
i learned how to get along with people and work hard
management was nice
hardest part was all the mean customers
the most enjoyable part was just having fun
Pros
free food
Cons
no breaks