Stripes Convenience Stores Employee Reviews

prep
Associate (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXSeptember 22, 2017
Had flexable shifts...Worked in the kitchen and cooked food and made tortillas and took the peoples orders. washed dishes cleanded the area of the kitchen and restocked.
Pros
meeting different kind of people
Cons
more hours
Stressf
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXSeptember 21, 2017
Our team including our manager and our customers are what made working there so good for me. However the company itself including regional and diatrict managers, corporate, and the execs treated us sales associates like disposable non humans. We were easily replaceable and they would rarely even speak to us. The store managers are the bottom of the food chain at Stripes and were constantly under enormous pressure and threatened with termination seven for things not in their control. Not a very good way for a big corporation to treat the very folks who cared for their customers. P.S. I do t really think they cared for our customers either.
Cons
No break, lousy raises, had to watch our pay stubs alot as they were always making errors
Flexible Schedule
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXSeptember 20, 2017
The employer is great but the security needs improvement. There are also time that you work by yourself without your partner during busy hours which is hard.
Pros
Free fountain drink
Cons
No break
Good place to work at
Head cook (Former Employee) –  Beeville, TXSeptember 19, 2017
Enjoyed working at Stripes! Was head cook and the job was quick paced and fun to work at! At times very busy and at times not so busy but still lots to do! Area managers very demanding and just worried about the productivity not understanding at times!
Pros
Good benefits flexible schedule
Cons
Very demanding job at times
A great work atmosphere with great people
Restaurant Associate/ Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Littlefield, TXSeptember 18, 2017
1 of the best places I have had the pleasure of working the GM is the best boss I have ever had it really is a great place to work just seeking advancement and pay raise
Pros
Work with your schedule, free drinks
Cons
No discount, free lunch
Fun workplace
Restaurant Lead (Former Employee) –  Texas City, TXSeptember 16, 2017
Nice fast paced job. Work goes by quickly. Friendly staff and management. Very understanding with the schedule. Nice pay easy to move up in the company
Pros
Free lunches nice coworkers
Cons
Short breaks
Fast paced and fun intercommunication
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXSeptember 14, 2017
I worked part-time, but sometimes made the 40 hr weekly mark. They rarely let you get overtime. If you work a night shift, which is usually 11pm to 7am, it gets pretty interesting. Not in the way you would want. I felt very unsafe. I actually experienced an aggravated robbery. I was hugely traumatized after that. I kept working there but never the night shift. I also had a minor accident once. My then manager said I'd be getting a call from someone from HR. Needless to say, nobody ever called me. I kept trying to contact them but the woman in charge of HR dept, was on vacation. By the time I finally contacted somebody, it was too late. They took my information and asked questions about the accident. I later got a letter by mail saying they were not going to help me, that by the time I called it was too late. You see, they only give you a month to do something about it. I was very disappointed in the lack of effort they made to try to contact me. That to me, showed they don't really care about their employees. I only stayed in that company because I needed a job and also, I had grown accustomed to my many regular customers. I believe that it was the only good thing that came out of that experience. I met a lot of great people.
a good job for college students/opportunities to grow with the company
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXSeptember 14, 2017
Stripes is a low stress job. Easy to handle and not to demanding. You could make your day fun while staying productive. Talking to customers while is a bit slow, get to know your regular customers, always stay busy (sweep, mop, brew coffee etc.). Management works with you and most of the time they are in case you need them. The only possible downsides would be the pay and that you don't get lunch. Most of the time you have to eat in between customers, and it can be somewhat annoying, Other than that, I believe it is a great company to start. Like I mentioned on the description, there are opportunities to grow with the company, you just need to show a little initiative.
Pros
low stress, easy job
Cons
no lunch break whatsoever
Productive work place giving customers the " GUEST EXPERIENCE"
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXSeptember 14, 2017
Over good place to work, depending on the location determines how your work day goes some locations are high volume and some are not.

Working for this company has really enhance my attributes as far as training and developing others around me.
Pros
Professional
Its okay
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  South Padre Island, TXSeptember 14, 2017
As an 18 yr old I enjoyed working there. Now that I'm older I wouldn't go back. I like very fast paced work places and at Stripes when it's slow and everything is clean, you're stuck thinking what to do. I enjoyed working on spring break...that sure was fun.
poor
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Bryan, TXSeptember 13, 2017
poor with employe, I worked 132 hours a week. I was forced to either work or be with my dying husband
While I was working for Stripes I would come in at 3am and would do paperwork for the day before, I would step in if there was a complaint or if a worker wouldnt come in. I would have to do daily reports and send them to corporate office, I would have weekly meetings.
Has very flexible hours.
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Benito, TXSeptember 9, 2017
What I learned here was to be a bit more careful in the way I manage money. I have been able to keep up with the fast pace work that this job has taught me to do.
Pros
Make good friends
Cons
No breaks
Poor Management
Assistant Manager/General Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 8, 2017
Upper level management were very deceitful and cut throats they talked about people behind their backs and lied to their faces. I never got to see my family or have a moment of peace. When I got sick I was unable to leave work at times
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Long days no personal time
Prodective
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXSeptember 7, 2017
Good place to work. Good coworkers and loving but the most I like was meeting new people everyday. Teaching you new skills reach day clocking to checkout.
Pros
Breakes
Cons
Short breaks
Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXSeptember 6, 2017
Really good store, the environment was great. But everyone isn't always organized and their customer service wasn't always the best. Other than that a good place to work at
Stripes
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Sab marcos txSeptember 6, 2017
Loved working here, great people! Very flexible with hours. I learned how to be patient with Customers and how to respond to their needs in a timely manner
It a job that requires a lot of patience & ability to handle high volume & stress
General Manager/ Trainer (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXSeptember 6, 2017
Customers are in and out all day long and you need to be able to handle all of them and their needs. If you can handle a fast paced environment then you will do fine. Do your job and smile and you will be ok.
Fun fast and evolving place
IT Field Tech and Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXSeptember 4, 2017
Supervise employees, go over there work orders, provide daily updates to manager. Provide updates to store and area managers. Contact contractors on jobs that were assigned to them so they could provide me updates.
Fun environment and fast paced
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Harlingen, TXAugust 31, 2017
Very fun to work always keep yourself busy, and flexible hours. It is also a fast paced environment helping customers find what they need. Provide best customer service
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Late night shifts
its ok to work at but they will work you hard and not care
Asstaint manager (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXAugust 30, 2017
it was great at frist love working there then started to get moved around. now I have to drive 30 mins to work every day. half of the employees call in leaving you to work alone.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stripes Convenience Stores. Our community is ready to answer.

Stripes Convenience Stores Reviews by Location