Stripes Convenience Stores Employee Reviews

michael
Kitchen Manager (Current Employee) –  Spring, TXMay 24, 2017
it is a fun place to work get to react with guest and the manager work close with the crew the boss jump in and help when needed to, the pay was good and rise were there they would gave them every three month and then after one year you would get one aver year.
Fun Workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXMay 21, 2017
Fun workplace, I loved working at Stripes! Would deffinately go back one day. The people are great and the customers, especially the customers that come in almost everyday.
Fantastic
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sonora, TXMay 18, 2017
Although I had a bit of a rocky start with a manager that was new and didn't train me proper, the moment I got proper footing I was able to really succeed in this job, moving forward in a way that allowed me to flourish and take control of my employment. The management was fantastic and allowed me such an opportunity the likes of which I have never fogotten. Work here, do it. You won't regret it.
Fast Paced
Cook (Former Employee) –  Hewitt, TXMay 17, 2017
Fast paced and fun place to work. When I first started I loved coming to work until a new shift started and they were very lazy and not wanting to work.
Average work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXMay 17, 2017
The only bad review i have is the amout of work an individual has to do for the pay they are receiving. The employees definitely do more than the managers but it is a good job and a good company.
Good
General Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXMay 13, 2017
Most enjoyable part about my job was the "regulars" when they would show up and make small talk. everything fealt a little more like home.
Hardest part was the politics. Managers being unprofessional at times.
Overall a great place to work.
Great place to be able to connect with your guests.
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, TXMay 10, 2017
A typical day for me at Stripes in coming in, greeting my employees, and any guests I see. I check out what needs to be done that day within the store and try to make everything guest ready. I have moved up in the company fairly fast and am improving my management skills every day. I enjoy working with my employees and listening to them about their day. The hardest part of my job is feeling like 8 hours is never enough to get everything completed to our high standards. The most enjoyable part about my job are my employees and guests.
Pros
having close relationships with coworkers and employees;like family.
Cons
insurance within the company is too high.
Great work place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Coahoma, TXMay 8, 2017
Stripes is a great work place and has great employees the pay isn't bad at all they pay pretty good for the most part they do however offer vision insurance as well.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No breaks
Good friendship and an enlightened work environment.
Kitchen Associate (Former Employee) –  Burnet, TXMay 5, 2017
I enjoyed the time I worked at Stripes as a Kitchen Associate in their restaurant portion of the store, Laredo Taco Company. I expanded my knowledge of cooking and customer service.
Pros
Accomplished co-workers. Healthy environment. Quality training.
Cons
Low hours. Low pay.
Easy
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Kingwood, TXMay 5, 2017
It was what you would expect from a gas station job. I was promised by management i would have another worker with me so we could get the store in shape due to previous management lacking. That never happened and was still expected to complete said job of 2 people.
Pros
Free drinks.
Cons
no lunch, usually worked alone, management was either a bully or a joke.
Run - don't walk - away from this company
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 5, 2017
I spent 9 months with this company. They specialize in telling you what you want to hear to satisfy you. They make promises on growth and career advancement but sideline you for no justifiable reason. You can bring concerns to upper management and then nothing happens. There are no breaks for employees. The pay is not fair in relation to the workload. It's fun but stressful.
Pros
You get a paycheck
Cons
No breaks, management unwilling to solve issues
Peoductive fun place to work
Restaurant Server (Former Employee) –  Bastrop, TXMay 1, 2017
Great management great people great customers!! Offered original homemade food at discount prices withoutskipping out on flavor. Customers and employees are on first name bases. Thank you.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
Sometimes the store ac when out. It gets hot in a kitchen with no air flow.
Easy fast pace job. I love putting a smile on my customers face.
Team Member, Retail (Current Employee) –  Tomball, TXApril 28, 2017
A typical day at Stripes consist of the best customer service ever! Everyone gets greeted at the door. If there is anything that needs my assistance I must attend to those needs immediately. At this company i learned how to manage my time and prioritize my task . We must work together and put our differences aside to get our daily goals accomplished.The hardest thing about our job is not doing it.
The most enjoyable thing about my job is helping people. Whether it be by handing you your choice of soda, or food,or even putting gas in your car. I enjoy helping people.
Pros
friendly co workers
Cons
no breaks, no security
productive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKApril 28, 2017
I applied a long vision and developed strategies by setting up a talent show. This set up helped me to understand what type of individual i am dealing with, because the power of the mind is a man greatest assess.
Productive and fast & friendly place to work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Pharr, TXApril 27, 2017
In the 5 years that I am part of the team of this company I believe that it is a good company, that offer great opportunities to grow, in addition to the tools and knowledge that I offer to develop my skills with which to advance quickly, always demonstrating commitment and motivation .
Pros
Great opportunities, morning schedules
Cons
Maybe a lot of work, but easy and fast, 24/7 on call
sales associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Weslaco, TXApril 25, 2017
Great work environment and was always surrounded by great customers. I enjoyed my time here at this company because of the people and great management staff.
friendly coworkers
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Hobbs, NMApril 24, 2017
Stripes is a good place to work, the coworkers are very nice and the managers always try there best to work with your schedule. The hardest/ easiest part of the job is to stock beer.
Productive,fast paced, Balanced
Cashier (Current Employee) –  4300 Old spanish trail Houston TxApril 22, 2017
Everyone was willing to help when they seen someone struggling with a specific task, I learned how to order inventory, handle certain paperwork, and also improve my customer service skills
Productive and fun
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Del Rio, TXApril 20, 2017
I love working with people so therefore I love working at this convenience. Store alot of people to meet knowing you make them smile everytime they go to the store or even make there day better when there having a bad day
underpaid
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Odessa, TXApril 19, 2017
im underpaid for the hours that i work and i wont go full time i work 38 to 45 hours a week and im part time but not everyone does the same work boss sides with some people
Pros
having a job
Cons
not getting vacation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stripes Convenience Stores. Our community is ready to answer.

Stripes Convenience Stores Reviews by Location