Stripes Convenience Stores Employee Reviews

Asks more and gives less
General Manager (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXFebruary 15, 2017
While I can't speak to the company as a whole, local problems abound...from the hypocritical to the unethical to the discriminatory. Be ready to give all your time, and have more than a little bit of it wasted.
Love it
Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXFebruary 13, 2017
Great place to work great hours. Management goes above and beyond. I loved working there I would love to go back. With higher pay laid back jobs. Great for first time workers.
Experience,
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Rio Grande City, TXFebruary 7, 2017
Stripes gave me the opportunity to learn how to work with money, deal with clients, and get experience. This was my first job. I had a excellent manager and coworkers that help me lean and gain experience while I was working for the company.
Pros
Experience
Loved working here
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXJanuary 24, 2017
Good place to learn things and be able to work yourself up the ladder!!! This company gave me the training i need to have good customer service skills and busy moments
Pros
Normal customers
Cons
No breaks
Fantastic Place to Work
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 23, 2017
Fantastic Place to Work the Environment was Fun and Energetic. Professional Environment, the Experience was a good one with this company. If you are seeking a fast paced environment this is for you and the flexibility of hours is great if you are able to work many evening and weekend hours.
Pros
Friendly Atmosphere
Cons
Hours
It was fun meeting new people everyday and very challenging because it was very fast paced
Sales Clerk/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Aransas Pass, TXJanuary 19, 2017
I truly enjoyed the few months at this job, during the summer we were very busy. At this time the company hired too much help and when all was said & done employees were laid-off instead of being relocated.
Pros
Some vendors would give free samples but we paid our food & supplies.
Cons
No lunch breaks, but when breaks were taken they were only for 5 min.
Loved my job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXJanuary 17, 2017
I loved the job at stripes my manager was very great to me and other employees, we all worked hard to get up to our goals. The healthcare etc was great
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
No breaks
good people to work with
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Artesia, NMJanuary 16, 2017
I got along with my co-workers. I was always called in early or asked to stay later. I liked interacting with customers. I didn't like being low man on the totem pole and doing more than the others. I think if an opportunity for advancement it should be given quicker than 6 months.
Ok for a temporary job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mercedes txJanuary 16, 2017
No real room for advancement or appreciation for employees unless you know someone within the company at higher position. I enjoyed the job until I realized there was no real room for growth especially after I was out for medical reasons and got let go without warning while recovering.
Great environment to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Post, txJanuary 11, 2017
I loved work at stripes meeting new people. I like the work place how it was ran. The worst part was some of the employees did not work.
United
Restaurant Associate (Current Employee) –  Brownsville, TXJanuary 10, 2017
i have been working in Stripes for 5 years. It is a good job for people who like to work hard and keep busy. Over the years the co-workers become like family.
Pros
Its is very common that if you talk to the managers, they will help with accomodating to your times.
Fun Place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  San Juan, TXJanuary 9, 2017
I would greeted customers and handled cash register. Resolved customer complaints. Ensured maintenance of check out area. Stocked and maintained merchandise.Cleaned and sanitized store.
Great Place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJanuary 2, 2017
Everyone was great to work with the General and Assistant GM are nice and wonderful people to work with and for.
the employees become family that are there to work with you and help you when needed it i would recommend this stripes on Port and Mary to anyone who would need work only when they have the positions open.
Pros
great customers, great workers, free drinks
Cons
beer runs
Good part-time job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXJanuary 2, 2017
This job is a good part-time job. It is fast paced and demanding but also very enjoyable. It really helped me with my social anxiety and everyone is very friendly.
It was a ok job
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Buda, TXJanuary 2, 2017
At first the job was going good. Then after a month or so alot of employees got fired or quit. So for the last few months I was there I was over worked and under payed. I lift there because they were not trying to give me full time even tho I worked full time hours and they didn't want to give me benefits.
Pros
The work wasnt hard at all
Cons
I worked alone alot and had a short time to do alot.
A new store in Louisiana with no structure and being threatened everyday about keeping your job because of being overstaffed.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAJanuary 1, 2017
There are actually two new stores opened in Louisiana. I was motivated at first to work there but soon realized it was slavery all over again. Managers had their favorites and when your tasks were completed then you were being asked to do anything that came to the managers mind.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
No breaks
good place to work
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXDecember 23, 2016
several upper management doesn't care about the employees
it all work and no play to management
good place to work due to the people you work with
Pros
busy life
Cons
upper mnagement
One of the worst jobs I've had.
Stocker (Former Employee) –  Odem, TXDecember 21, 2016
The general manager is very rude and unfair, has bad customer service and provided a very bad work atmosphere. She had her favorite employees and piled most of the work on the rest of us.
Pros
simple tasks
Cons
Bad management
Positive work environment.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brownwood, TXDecember 14, 2016
Typical work day is steady to highly busy. There was rarely any down time. Constantly keeping yourself busy. You learn to paste yourself on your duties, so everything your entitled to do is completed before end of shift. Management is not your friend, they are your boss at work. Your manager and or supervisor is someone you go to when you can not handle the situation independently. Co-workers are there for their job duties, not for friendships. Personal problems should be kept at home, work is work. Co-workers are there to help make decisions and or help with duties as need be if able. Hardest part of the job would be to see a customer leave unhappy or dissatisfied. Although the most enjoyable part of your shift is greeting, and satisfying the customer in respectful ways. ALWAYS have the customer leaving with a smile, and invite them back.
Hard working but fun
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Andrews, TXDecember 14, 2016
Ive learn how to make flour tortillas. I really liked this job becuase all the crew that worked with me where fun and esay to work with.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stripes Convenience Stores. Our community is ready to answer.

Stripes Convenience Stores Reviews by Location