Stripes Convenience Stores

Stripes Convenience Stores Employee Reviews

Productive, challenging and fast tempo but fun.
IT Support Specialist (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXJuly 2, 2015
Pros: Work atmosphere and on-site technician.
Cons: Area covered from Mexico border to Houston Texas.
Report to work at 08:00 as a IT Helpdesk Technician. Performed many tasks during the day; inventory hardware/software items in the warehouse, log helpdesk calls and assigned open calls at stores for on-site assistance, setup new stores (as required) with all IT equipment and software installations, build and transport rack systems for installation to assigned stores, fix/dispose/erase data from computer hard drives. Management wanted problem solvers, team players and the ability for the employee to cross train in other assigned tasks. Each division was separate, so your division worked as a tight group and supported and helped each other. To me there was no hard part because I was always busy and very flexible. The satisfaction of given the chance to grow, responsibilities, and being recognized by your peers on your performance.
Lack of Training for Management
General Manager (Former Employee), Killeen, TXJune 16, 2015
Overall, it was a good company to work for. However, training for someone that has never worked for them before is lacking in the basic information, that is required for the position I had with them.
Fun place to work but slightly stressful
CASHIER (Former Employee), Rio Grande ValleyJune 3, 2015
Mornings are stressful and evenings aren't as hectic. The salary is horrible in the valley. Other than in the valley the raise is better.Great aooportunity for advancement
If you want to work alot of hours for ok pay, this is the job for you.
General Manager (Former Employee), Midland, TXMay 25, 2015
Pros: Had a very good Area Manager and a few really good people to work with.
Cons: Too many hours and get woke up in the middle of the night, after you've already worked 12 hours that day.
Go in at 4 am-do close and count money. Do all the bookkeeping and computer work. Listen to all employee and customer complaints. Try to figure out solution to all the problems. Make sure kitchen staff is performing correctly and writing down temps and times cooked. Do store order and work on schedule that has to change 20 times a week because people have to be off or don't show up at all. Re-stock cold vault and rest of store. Complete all additional paperwork. About 4 pm you may be able to leave if people show up.
good employees and service
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Edinburg, TXMay 20, 2015
greeting customers as they walk in, most regulars. count in cash box and safe, check job duties and what needs to be done. seeing managers back and forth completing their duties as well as making sure store is maintained. great part of the job all the people you meet and the employees you make friends with.
Energetic
Cashier/Cook (Current Employee), Brady, TXMay 14, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: not enough hours sometimes
Employees made the day. Working together and enjoying the job. Cleanliness is important. Keeping customers happy was the name of the game.
A convenience store with great customer service
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Brownsville, TXMay 8, 2015
An Excellent environment to work in. Really push they're employees to deliver every single one of the customers great shopping experience.
Very fast paced and fun work environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Rosenberg, TXMay 3, 2015
Stripes is a very fast paced abut fun work environment.
The greatest thing about employment with them is the excitement of meeting new people every day as well as making some productive friendships with familiar faces.
fast pace long hours
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Carrizo Springs, TXApril 29, 2015
Pros: good compam\ny
Cons: very long hours
I like working for stripes in my small town .the people I worked with were nice and professional. working night shift was easy for me but the hours were so long. I really enjoyed working for this company.
Fun Place to work
General Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TxApril 23, 2015
Fun place to work, fast paced job, great team building, great food concept. best part of job is customer interactions. Work with some real good hard working people
Not a very fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Burnet TexasApril 23, 2015
A typical day was a lot of people standing around not working. I really didn't learn much. Management was fond of favoritism and having clicks. Co- workers were lazy. Job was pretty basic. Going home.
Poor upper managment.
Assitant Manager (Former Employee), Edinburg, TXApril 21, 2015
I would not recommend working for this company unless it is a last resort. The hours are never consistent nor is the work. The district managers are not friendly and the training program needs a lot of improvement,
easy job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Tahoka, TXApril 20, 2015
A typical day at work included me working at subway. I learned from this job how to be responsible and manage my time. The management at Stripes needed improvement while I was working there. They did not know how to schedule people correctly. At times I was the only one working and would close and open the next day. I enjoyed working with my co-workers, and made friends while working at Stripes. The hardest part of this job was working the whole store alone, but the challenge was motivating. The most enjoyable part of my day was working with customers.
FIRST JOB
Cashier/Clerk (Former Employee), Harlingen, TXApril 11, 2015
RECIEVED ALOT OF EXPERIENCE AROUND MONEY,TREATED FAIR AND WAS TRUSTED GOOD ENVIROMENT.GOOD PAY.FRIENDLY WORKERS.GREAT TEAM.PAY IS FAIR. NO BAD COMMENTS, VERY FAIR. GREAT HOURS AND FLEXIBLE WITH YOUR SCHEDULE
Fast-paced and busy location
Cashier/Crew Member (Former Employee), Porter, TXApril 10, 2015
Pros: Free fountain drink refills while on duty.
Cons: Breaks only when you could get them.
Lots of regular customers, great location for busy traffic. Most enjoyable part of the job was getting off of work, hardest part of the day was trying to clean and do the chores needed per shift. Many workers at the time I was there seemed to not want to do their jobs, same with about half of the management team. I did learn more customer service skills as well as stocking and organization skills.
A potentially nice place to work, a bit of a problem with rodents made working graveyard very uncomfortable.
Customer Service (Former Employee), Port Isabel, TXApril 3, 2015
delagation of responsibilities could have been handled better. women worked graveyard, required to perform duties that would have better been handled by appropriate staff.
Enjoy meeting new people
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Spring, TXMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Meeting new people
Cons: no employee discount, no lunch breaks, not fun place to work.
A typical day starts with me coming in and walk the store to inspect everything. We then serve food and other products all day. The hardest part of the day is having to deal with angery customers, but it quickly becomes the best part of the day when I make that angery customer smile. Seeing customers smile is the best part of the day for me.
never a dull moment
cashier (Former Employee), San Angelo, TXMarch 26, 2015
Pros: benefits were good
Cons: not many hours or high pay
I liked stripes for the constant interaction with customers. There was always something to do to stay busy. Management worked along side the cashiers most of the time and were helpful.
i loved the work invironment the friendly customers and co-workers and i always had proper training
Cashier/Customer Service/Stocker (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXMarch 24, 2015
Pros: great managment, great work place, friendly fast service
working here was great I had proper training for everything hours were good and negotiable management was understanding and very considerate, working at stripes was my very first job and I loved it
Typical day at work
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee), Rio Grande City, TXMarch 11, 2015
Typical day includes coming in at 6am submit all daily paperwork followed by providing speed of service at the registers, receiving vendors, making orders, maintaing the store, store image. etc.

1 2 3 4 5