Stripes Convenience Stores

Stripes Convenience Stores United States Employee Reviews

fast pace long hours
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee), Carrizo Springs, TXApril 29, 2015
Pros: good compam\ny
Cons: very long hours
I like working for stripes in my small town .the people I worked with were nice and professional. working night shift was easy for me but the hours were so long. I really enjoyed working for this company.
Fun Place to work
General Manager (Current Employee), Houston, TxApril 23, 2015
Fun place to work, fast paced job, great team building, great food concept. best part of job is customer interactions. Work with some real good hard working people
Not a very fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), Burnet TexasApril 23, 2015
A typical day was a lot of people standing around not working. I really didn't learn much. Management was fond of favoritism and having clicks. Co- workers were lazy. Job was pretty basic. Going home.
Poor upper managment.
Assitant Manager (Former Employee), Edinburg, TXApril 21, 2015
I would not recommend working for this company unless it is a last resort. The hours are never consistent nor is the work. The district managers are not friendly and the training program needs a lot of improvement,
easy job
Sales Associate (Former Employee), Tahoka, TXApril 20, 2015
A typical day at work included me working at subway. I learned from this job how to be responsible and manage my time. The management at Stripes needed improvement while I was working there. They did not know how to schedule people correctly. At times I was the only one working and would close and open the next day. I enjoyed working with my co-workers, and made friends while working at Stripes. The hardest part of this job was working the whole store alone, but the challenge was motivating. The most enjoyable part of my day was working with customers.
FIRST JOB
Cashier/Clerk (Former Employee), Harlingen, TXApril 11, 2015
RECIEVED ALOT OF EXPERIENCE AROUND MONEY,TREATED FAIR AND WAS TRUSTED GOOD ENVIROMENT.GOOD PAY.FRIENDLY WORKERS.GREAT TEAM.PAY IS FAIR. NO BAD COMMENTS, VERY FAIR. GREAT HOURS AND FLEXIBLE WITH YOUR SCHEDULE
Fast-paced and busy location
Cashier/Crew Member (Former Employee), Porter, TXApril 10, 2015
Pros: Free fountain drink refills while on duty.
Cons: Breaks only when you could get them.
Lots of regular customers, great location for busy traffic. Most enjoyable part of the job was getting off of work, hardest part of the day was trying to clean and do the chores needed per shift. Many workers at the time I was there seemed to not want to do their jobs, same with about half of the management team. I did learn more customer service skills as well as stocking and organization skills.
A potentially nice place to work, a bit of a problem with rodents made working graveyard very uncomfortable.
Customer Service (Former Employee), Port Isabel, TXApril 3, 2015
delagation of responsibilities could have been handled better. women worked graveyard, required to perform duties that would have better been handled by appropriate staff.
Enjoy meeting new people
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Spring, TXMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Meeting new people
Cons: no employee discount, no lunch breaks, not fun place to work.
A typical day starts with me coming in and walk the store to inspect everything. We then serve food and other products all day. The hardest part of the day is having to deal with angery customers, but it quickly becomes the best part of the day when I make that angery customer smile. Seeing customers smile is the best part of the day for me.
never a dull moment
cashier (Former Employee), San Angelo, TXMarch 26, 2015
Pros: benefits were good
Cons: not many hours or high pay
I liked stripes for the constant interaction with customers. There was always something to do to stay busy. Management worked along side the cashiers most of the time and were helpful.
i loved the work invironment the friendly customers and co-workers and i always had proper training
Cashier/Customer Service/Stocker (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXMarch 24, 2015
Pros: great managment, great work place, friendly fast service
working here was great I had proper training for everything hours were good and negotiable management was understanding and very considerate, working at stripes was my very first job and I loved it
Typical day at work
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee), Rio Grande City, TXMarch 11, 2015
Typical day includes coming in at 6am submit all daily paperwork followed by providing speed of service at the registers, receiving vendors, making orders, maintaing the store, store image. etc.
stripes
Cashier/Cook/Stocker (Former Employee), Portales, NMMarch 8, 2015
Pros: good management
on a day to day basis things were great I helped order helped run the store. I may have only been an employee but that doesn't stop you from learning something new. I pushed my limits the people were great the people that came in everyday knew me as a hard worker we would have a laugh and a good smile. things there were great it was my first job and if they had it out here in az I would be working there thanks.
Not a great place to work for.
Cashier (Former Employee), McAllen, TXMarch 2, 2015
Pros: free (unlimited) fountain drinks
Cons: meetings at 6 am, pay isn't worth the work, mangement not professional
My store manager was the best, but the assistant was this young kid who never did his job and made everyone do his workload. co-workers were very funny and nice people. The hours sucked, i would get 15 hours week sometimes. The meetings were at 6am -7am the latest. Schedules were hardly correct or given ahead of time like they were supposed to. The shifts I worked, I was always by myself, and I had to restock beer and merchandise, and take inventory, while checking customers items, while trying to mop and sweep, and clean the restrooms all at the same time.
it was an ok work just it had it days
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Crosbyton, TXFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: the work day went by really fast
Cons: we didnt get paid enough
i would come in at just get what i needed for the day then get my paper work for what rooms to clean and i would get to work.
i learned to clean and go in a fast paste and doing everything right.
the management was really good.
my co-works were great i would also have fun at work to when it was relevant like at brake or so.
the hardest part of the job was trying to slow down for me as in we could only be in one room for 30 min i would finish in 15min.
the most enjoyable part of the day is when we would show up and have are meeting we would go around the room and say what we were going to do better for are short goals.
WORK PLACE
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Lawton, OKFebruary 23, 2015
HANDLING BANKING And inventory control reading planograms , also stocking and ordering was a must. foodservice was available and the cooking for the customer s was excited
Always busy workplace with good customer service experience
Counter Sales Associate (Former Employee), Harlingen, TXFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: good experience
Cons: n/a
Greet customers, Handle cash box, follow managements orders on tasks for the work day. Keep stores cleanliness in line, stock products and merchandise correctly.
Decent
CASHIER (Former Employee), Weslaco, TXFebruary 16, 2015
Was afraid to work graveyard shift because it was real late hours. and I feared of possibly getting robbed. Other than that it was a decent place to work.
Productive fast work place
Resturant Associate (Current Employee), Mercedes, TXFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: free drinks
Cons: no lunch breaks
always busy and always way fast pace always working and always working busy every day and my workers are pushing us same with our managers making us stay longer but I learned so much in the ktichen
its a fun and productive workplace
Cashier (Current Employee), Laredo, TXFebruary 7, 2015
I liked working there but I always think of moving up and in that store all they wanted me for was to be in the register at all times.
I couldn't even get a lunch break and I always wanted to learn new stuff.

1 2 3 4 5