Stripes Convenience Stores

Stripes Convenience Stores Employer Reviews

Great Starter job
Manager (Current Employee), Corpus Christi, TXJanuary 17, 2015
Great starter job. This job will give you a great start. How you use it and mold it to what you need is up to you.
bad place if you are male, veteran or over 40
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Killeen, TXJanuary 7, 2015
Cons: store is biased towards males, and or veterans of age, no emp discount
during my time there I completed the training program and even had some small success when superiors thought I would fail but after a shake up in store leadership. most over time were not there when I was still employed. They tried tactics like retaliation, gender based tasks, and created a sexist environment, also if you were female, and or hispanic you could do know wrong, but also they talk the talk but not walk their own rules about coaching employees who might need some help, I was finally let go on 5 January 2015 after I lost my temper, in back room, not in front of customers, on dec 31.
They had been looking to get rid of me as that way I was the ;last of old crew under old management team. I would avoid them as a company and store but also suggest that a lawsuit or litigation is in order agains them and their practices.
Good Company
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Brownsville, TXJanuary 7, 2015
This company thought me how to put the customer first because if I go into a convient store to put gas I want to be attended quickly so I can go about my day. Every time I would attend to the customer I would put myself in that persons shoe. If it was me how would I want my customer exoerience be like here quick, and outstanding so you can put a smile on every customers face if possible because you don't know if they are having a bad day and you giving them this amazing customer service you might just be able to make them have a better afternoon or in the morning as well for them to begin their day with a good impression of the workers from Stripes or at least that was always my goal.
Overwhelm
Clerk (Former Employee), Odessa, TXJanuary 2, 2015
I would mostly say I like the new challenges in my day to day duties! I love the customers,the only things is that you could be working a 10 hour shift straight without a lunch break! Or regular breaks would be 15 mins but with other customers being very impatient you could barely get your full break. Not enough hours!!!
Advencement
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee), Lubbock, TexasDecember 22, 2014
Stripes is a multibillion dollar company that spans from the east coast to the west coast. It has offers endless opportunities for advancement. Wonderful training program gives anyone the incentive to go for ant position they may seek
productive place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Brownsville, TXDecember 19, 2014
a typical day on the job was to give customer care to be friendly and always give good service to store both calls, change the merchandise was clean ymantener everything in order and always watch all clear I had to follow all the rules.
very productive and fun
cashier (Former Employee), Harlingen, TXDecember 18, 2014
Pros: more customer service experience
Cons: having to stand all day
I really enjoyed working at stripes, I was able to interact more with customer, got to know some customers more than others since they were regular customer to the store. I would of liked to have worked there longer.
FUN WORKPLACE
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), San Angelo, TXDecember 16, 2014
REGISTERED AND KEPT UP WITH PATIENT INFORMATION.
CUSTOMER SERVICE WAS KEY.
CASH HANDLING.
It's a Job
Cashier (Former Employee), Pharr, TXNovember 25, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: no breaks, poor management
From a personal experience I didn't like my job, the people I worked with were great we did have fun and made the day go buy a little faster. But it was with the management that I mostly had the problem my manager was always late sometimes wouldn't come in to work or had to be pulled away for meetings and wouldn't have people come in to help cover the shift. We always had a list that needed to get done which was simple and everyone was always on board to get it done and we all worked as a team to push sales and clean up the store. But I wouldn't go back to that particular store to work again.
Stressful and unwelcoming
Sales associate (Former Employee), Harlingen, TXNovember 19, 2014
Very unprofessional. Unwelcoming. Not friendly. I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone.
productive
Cashier (Current Employee), Riviera, TXNovember 12, 2014
When I had first worked here I was cleaning crew. I would stock and clean the entire store.
CASHIER
Cashier (Former Employee), Lawton, OKNovember 5, 2014
Cons: meet new people
LOVED WORKING THERE IT WAS SOMETHING REALLY DIFRENT GOT CLOSE WITH ALL MY WORKERS AND CUSTOMERS.
poor management
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 3, 2014
Pros: training and knowledge gained.
Cons: poor management and unorganized. higher management plays favorites
this company is cut throat and every man for himself

they swept company violations and illegal conduct under the rug on various occasions.

the training isn't bad though. They do go pretty in depth just not as much as they should. understandable since that would be costly.
It was a great working enviroment
food attendent/cashier (Former Employee), Ballinger, TXOctober 22, 2014
Stripes was a very professional but at the same time fun job to work at. The employees were nice and the customers were always sweet.
Great depending on store location
#170 Convenience Store - Sales Associate (Former Employee), 600 W College Blvd Roswell, NMOctober 17, 2014
I liked this job. It was steady, it was good pay for part time. The staff very welcoming and kind. My manager was very organized and strict with what had to get done, and very very caring for her employees. It took me a while to keep up with tasks but I had great support. I met many people coming in and out of the store, most were very nice and easy to get along with, but of course it could have been just the store location.
most enjoyable part of job
Cashier/Customer Service Agent (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXOctober 16, 2014
Pros: customers
Cons: parking lot
The most enjoyable part of the job for me was the customers. I liked dealing with them.
Fast paced working environment
Cashier (Former Employee), Tahoka, Tx & Houston, TxOctober 15, 2014
Pros: free drinks if we had our own cup.
Cons: no benefits, not enough hours or pay, lazy associates, negligant managers.
-A typical day at work was mostly standing at the register and tending to customers, but would also clean and maintain the front, back, inside, and outside of the store, including the cooler.
-I learned a lot about dealing with the general public, such as not letting your personal life effect your emotions at work when dealing with customers.
-Before I transferred to the Houston location, my previous co workers and I got along great, we communicated excellently, and helped each other always. After the transfer, a few of my new co workers were lazy more or less. I was used to always doing something even when there was nothing to do, and to see people standing around without a care in the world while I'm doing the majority of the work really frustrated me.
-The hardest part was dealing with a couple of assistant managers who continuously tried giving me orders as if I had just started, when I did more than them on a regular basis, and was always doing what was supposed to be done. All the while, my request for more hours or more pay was completely disregarded.
-The most enjoyable part about the job was before my transfer. I worked with people who had outstanding work ethic, such as myself. From the general manager to the newest employee. It's just a matter of location, every place does something differently than the next, and it'll either be a great experience or a bad one.
Great overall, as a manager the on call 24 hr status is wearing
Store General Manager (Current Employee), Corpus Christi, TXOctober 14, 2014
Great training, solid company that delivered on every promise
great place to meet different people.
Assistant Manger (Current Employee), Houston, TXOctober 6, 2014
Get to work clock in and count on cash register. Once on the register give fellow employees their job task of the day. Once finished with that began what ever paperwork I have that need to be completed. Somedays a I have some employees that wil work better than others but the work still get done. The hardest part of my job is no team work from other team members. The most enjobable part of my job is I get to meet different people and the abilty to make someones day.
Very fun and productive place to work
Clerk (Former Employee), Clovis, NMSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: i love working with the customers
Cons: the managment was not very good
cashing out customers/ customer service, handling of all monies, shift reports, stocking receiving and cleanliness of store

1 2 3 4 5