Stripes Convenience Stores Employee Reviews in United States

competitive place
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXJuly 17, 2016
stripes taught me a really good way to enjoy my typical day at work.
how to improve my costumer service's skill.
solving problems with co-workers on daily basis.
Pros
free lunchs
Cons
no breaks
Its an experience worth having.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edinburg, TXJune 27, 2016
A typical day would consist of many accomplishments made and many endeavors overcame. In the end of the day, the job itself wasn't that great if i may say
Pros
The Experience
Cons
Their are no cons
Well established Company with great opportunities for advancement
Management (Current Employee) –  TexasJune 18, 2016
There are great opportunities to promote in several areas of Texas, New Mexico and Oklahoma. Several dozens of Management opportunities available if you are willing to move.
Assistant Manager
Temple, TX- Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Temple, TXJune 18, 2016
I like working here. Management is great! Work life balance could be better especially if you have kids. But I really love working here, you get to know your customers everyday and they become like family as well as your co-workers.
i like it
cashier (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJune 10, 2016
wish they take me back or put me in the southside of town. The mandagemnt is good, locations is always are great. the personal is the best people to talk to
had to work overnites
sales associate /ast.mgr (Former Employee) –  Temple, TXJune 4, 2016
greet customers making coffee every two hrs i learned how to treat people from ruff neighbor hoods coworkers were real helpful we helped each other out the hardest part having to work over nite bad the neighbor hood the good thing is got to see homeless people made me apreciate my job
Pros
you got good benefits
Cons
people trying to pass conterfeit bills
Great first job for any teen,
Subway (Former Employee) –  Nixon, TXMay 31, 2016
There was always something to do. I had fun but I knew when it was time to work. I learned new skills such as how to keep the workplace santitary, how to be responisible if any mistakes are made and also how to interact with customers and co-workers. A typical day at work would be making sandwiches, cleaning the lobby, and prepping in the back. I did not agree with how our manager did things, but I never questioned it I just did what I was asked and continued throughout my day. It was very easy to get along with all of my co-workers which made the job fun overall. The hardest part of the job was closing for the day because unlike opening, everything has to be done and put away before you leave. The most enjoyable part of the job was making different types of sandwiches and helping the other side of the store make food to. I would recommend this as a first job to any teen because it is fun and easy but also teaches you primary skills which can be used in future jobs.
Pros
Making friends, Learning new things, good pay, happy environment
Cons
Little to no breaks, unfair management decisions
loved my job
Cash Auditor (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMay 31, 2016
no complaints about my job nor my co-workers. everyone got along most of the time. we knew from the start when some were having a bad so that meant to stay away.
Pros
free lunch, spending time with my co-workers
Cons
healthcare benefits
Fun, Exciting, and great food!!
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Beeville, TXMay 18, 2016
A great work environment. So many awesome people to work with and give great customer service. I learned many things such as: how to stock a cooler effieciently, Be polite to customers.
Pros
Exciting, Awesome Co Workers, Great Customers, and great food
Cons
Short Breaks
Good working enviroment
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Edinburg, TX 78541May 17, 2016
As a General Manager for Stripes, my daily job duties and responsibilities consisted but was not limited to daily Bank deposits, balancing daily close out paperwork and submitting it to accounting auditors. Managing and operating the retail side of the business as well as the restaurant and the fuel area. Managing three different major departments in the store in order to meet the daily, weekly and monthly budgets. Supervising 22 to 25 employees with the business operating 24 hours a day 7 days a week. Preparing for local health inspections to the company’s own inspectors for the restaurant and auditors, as well as store inspections from Area Managers, Regional Managers to the Vice-President of the company, not to mention 90 days store audits. Operating a multi-million dollar a year store, it’s operating profit, maintaining and working under budget as well as having excellent communication with staff but not to mention the customers and meeting their needs.
Pros
Business trips paid for
Cons
long working days (16 hr shifts at times)
Not worth your time!
CASHIER CUSTOMER SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Zapata, TXMay 16, 2016
This job is very demanding. you clean, attended to customers, restock, mop, sweep, dust, clean the gas pumps, and clean the concrete outside where the cars park.
Pros
Cons
everyting
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Uvalde, TXMay 11, 2016
The opportunity to work for a company that started off small and has now surpassed a lot of expectations was great. Being around all the merchandise and fashion was a major plus.Especially getting to know the trends that were out for the seasons.
Pros
Fun products.
Cons
Sales Associates were assured the hours
love the work
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Rosenberg, TXMay 10, 2016
love the work an the people management was very professional stripes made u ready to get up an come to work like the first day of school
Summary of review
deli cook (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMay 6, 2016
There was no cross training in-between store and deli. Expectations were high and high demanding. There were no breaks allowed. Fast paste needed to remind them for help.
Cons
Stable company with growth potential
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXApril 27, 2016
This company provides a good income and incredible benefits. However, you must be willing to work erratic work schedules, and very long hours. Upper management changes frequently, and unfortunately favoritism is a constant issue. You must be a strong leader and be able to follow constant changes with each location even though the company boasts a unified process of operation, each location "does it's own thing."
Pros
fair wages and great benefits
Cons
shift work, no lunch breaks, erradic schedules and long hours
Great work place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lamesa, TXApril 26, 2016
Great customer service, loved meeting new customers. Always busy and kept myself busy. You also learned something new everyday about the store.
Run Run Run
Team Member (Former Employee) –  TexasApril 23, 2016
I thought working for this company would be good until I found out that if anything happened to you while on duty.. Meaning if somebody came in to rob the store and if they would happen to shoot you and you didnt survive there is nothing stripes will do for your family.. You have to purchase insurance in case this happens.. Wrong wrong wrong
Now management.. Where do I begin??
I worked for somebody who was very loud and embarrassed her employees in front of customers by hollering at them.. She was always in a bad mood and believe me all the employees and customers knew it!!!
Bad management!! Just because your a manager doesnt mean you can make your employees feel like your nothing.
To many money problems in this store. Since there was thousands of $$$missing in one month instead of looking at employees look at management
Cons
IT was a good place to work
ASSISTANT SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXApril 21, 2016
I really enjoyed working for stripes it was fun and always nice to inter act with the customers ...My co -workers was very good people we was like close family..The hardest part of my job when we had to call the police on someone,our to let someone go,the most enjoyable time was when we had our yearly picnic,now that was fun most all I learned how to handle money..Do a atm machine,paper work and very good costumer service with a smile.
Pros
WE had free drinks and lunch
Cons
Health care
productive place to work with advancement opportunity
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXApril 14, 2016
Busy environment that does not provide enough team support to handle the days activities. Sometimes it is just one person trying to handle everything alone. Pay could be better.
Cons
no breaks allowed. no lunch allowed.
fun workplace
cashier/sales associate (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKApril 14, 2016
enthusiastic people friendly coworkers good management good customers organization a plus lots of general duties daily good environment
Pros
free lunch
Cons
bad pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stripes Convenience Stores. Our community is ready to answer.

Stripes Convenience Stores Reviews by Location