Stripes Convenience Stores

Stripes Convenience Stores Employer Reviews

it was an ok work just it had it days
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Crosbyton, TXFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: the work day went by really fast
Cons: we didnt get paid enough
i would come in at just get what i needed for the day then get my paper work for what rooms to clean and i would get to work.
i learned to clean and go in a fast paste and doing everything right.
the management was really good.
my co-works were great i would also have fun at work to when it was relevant like at brake or so.
the hardest part of the job was trying to slow down for me as in we could only be in one room for 30 min i would finish in 15min.
the most enjoyable part of the day is when we would show up and have are meeting we would go around the room and say what we were going to do better for are short goals.
WORK PLACE
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Lawton, OKFebruary 23, 2015
HANDLING BANKING And inventory control reading planograms , also stocking and ordering was a must. foodservice was available and the cooking for the customer s was excited
Always busy workplace with good customer service experience
Counter Sales Associate (Former Employee), Harlingen, TXFebruary 18, 2015
Pros: good experience
Cons: n/a
Greet customers, Handle cash box, follow managements orders on tasks for the work day. Keep stores cleanliness in line, stock products and merchandise correctly.
Decent
CASHIER (Former Employee), Weslaco, TXFebruary 16, 2015
Was afraid to work graveyard shift because it was real late hours. and I feared of possibly getting robbed. Other than that it was a decent place to work.
Productive fast work place
Resturant Associate (Current Employee), Mercedes, TXFebruary 13, 2015
Pros: free drinks
Cons: no lunch breaks
always busy and always way fast pace always working and always working busy every day and my workers are pushing us same with our managers making us stay longer but I learned so much in the ktichen
its a fun and productive workplace
Cashier (Current Employee), Laredo, TXFebruary 7, 2015
I liked working there but I always think of moving up and in that store all they wanted me for was to be in the register at all times.
I couldn't even get a lunch break and I always wanted to learn new stuff.
An enjoyable job with respectable fellow employees and employers
Clerk (Former Employee), Waco, TXJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: free drinks at work.
Cons: no breaks
A typical day was a decent paced day with plenty of customers but not enough to swarm us.
There'd always be at least two cashiers on duty and usually one of them would be doing various tasks if not busy.

I learned to multitask at my job, and to handle things at a decent pace.

Managers where respectful, extremely nice towards employees, and was also very understanding.

I've enjoyed working with my co-workers and we usually had a game plan to handle whatever day was ahead of us.

The hardest and yet also most enjoyable was the customers, never know what to expect with people.
Meet new people
Sales Associate (Former Employee), San Angelo, TXJanuary 20, 2015
Focuses on customer service. work as a team to achieve goals daily.
Great Starter job
Manager (Current Employee), Corpus Christi, TXJanuary 17, 2015
Great starter job. This job will give you a great start. How you use it and mold it to what you need is up to you.
bad place if you are male, veteran or over 40
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Killeen, TXJanuary 7, 2015
Cons: store is biased towards males, and or veterans of age, no emp discount
during my time there I completed the training program and even had some small success when superiors thought I would fail but after a shake up in store leadership. most over time were not there when I was still employed. They tried tactics like retaliation, gender based tasks, and created a sexist environment, also if you were female, and or hispanic you could do know wrong, but also they talk the talk but not walk their own rules about coaching employees who might need some help, I was finally let go on 5 January 2015 after I lost my temper, in back room, not in front of customers, on dec 31.
They had been looking to get rid of me as that way I was the ;last of old crew under old management team. I would avoid them as a company and store but also suggest that a lawsuit or litigation is in order agains them and their practices.
Good Company
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee), Brownsville, TXJanuary 7, 2015
This company thought me how to put the customer first because if I go into a convient store to put gas I want to be attended quickly so I can go about my day. Every time I would attend to the customer I would put myself in that persons shoe. If it was me how would I want my customer exoerience be like here quick, and outstanding so you can put a smile on every customers face if possible because you don't know if they are having a bad day and you giving them this amazing customer service you might just be able to make them have a better afternoon or in the morning as well for them to begin their day with a good impression of the workers from Stripes or at least that was always my goal.
Overwhelm
Clerk (Former Employee), Odessa, TXJanuary 2, 2015
I would mostly say I like the new challenges in my day to day duties! I love the customers,the only things is that you could be working a 10 hour shift straight without a lunch break! Or regular breaks would be 15 mins but with other customers being very impatient you could barely get your full break. Not enough hours!!!
Advencement
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee), Lubbock, TexasDecember 22, 2014
Stripes is a multibillion dollar company that spans from the east coast to the west coast. It has offers endless opportunities for advancement. Wonderful training program gives anyone the incentive to go for ant position they may seek
productive place
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Brownsville, TXDecember 19, 2014
a typical day on the job was to give customer care to be friendly and always give good service to store both calls, change the merchandise was clean ymantener everything in order and always watch all clear I had to follow all the rules.
very productive and fun
cashier (Former Employee), Harlingen, TXDecember 18, 2014
Pros: more customer service experience
Cons: having to stand all day
I really enjoyed working at stripes, I was able to interact more with customer, got to know some customers more than others since they were regular customer to the store. I would of liked to have worked there longer.
FUN WORKPLACE
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), San Angelo, TXDecember 16, 2014
REGISTERED AND KEPT UP WITH PATIENT INFORMATION.
CUSTOMER SERVICE WAS KEY.
CASH HANDLING.
It's a Job
Cashier (Former Employee), Pharr, TXNovember 25, 2014
Pros: co-workers
Cons: no breaks, poor management
From a personal experience I didn't like my job, the people I worked with were great we did have fun and made the day go buy a little faster. But it was with the management that I mostly had the problem my manager was always late sometimes wouldn't come in to work or had to be pulled away for meetings and wouldn't have people come in to help cover the shift. We always had a list that needed to get done which was simple and everyone was always on board to get it done and we all worked as a team to push sales and clean up the store. But I wouldn't go back to that particular store to work again.
Stressful and unwelcoming
Sales associate (Former Employee), Harlingen, TXNovember 19, 2014
Very unprofessional. Unwelcoming. Not friendly. I wouldn't recommend this company to anyone.
productive
Cashier (Current Employee), Riviera, TXNovember 12, 2014
When I had first worked here I was cleaning crew. I would stock and clean the entire store.
CASHIER
Cashier (Former Employee), Lawton, OKNovember 5, 2014
Cons: meet new people
LOVED WORKING THERE IT WAS SOMETHING REALLY DIFRENT GOT CLOSE WITH ALL MY WORKERS AND CUSTOMERS.

1 2 3 4 5