Stripes Convenience Stores Employee Reviews

Stripes
Assisting customer (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKSeptember 15, 2015
Great place to work if you are looking for a fast pace environment. The hours are crazy long but you meet a lot of different people. The hardest part of the job is making sure nothing gets stolen but when its just you and you have to man the register it makes it difficult.
Very straightforward job
GENERAL MANAGER STRIPES LLC (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXSeptember 10, 2015
Not much to say here. You have a 22 second call time and you take over 1000 calls per day. If you don't like phone operator jobs it's not for you.
nice to work there
Restaurant lead (Former Employee) –  San Juan, TXAugust 27, 2015
It was fun work there the co worker were great . we had thing done at the end of shift for the next one
We had to prep things ,cook , clean and make sure things were up to date to meet state orders make the food and make the customers order as they order them
very fast paced position
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXAugust 26, 2015
this position was very fast paced and the room for advancement was not an option.. i think that if they would have had better management the store would have operated more organized
Cons
no breaks..
Coworkers and customers made it a fun, exciting place. Management-not so much.
overnight cashier (Former Employee) –  San Marcos,TxAugust 25, 2015
The customers and my coworkers made the day go by fast. The manager could have cared more about our feelings and trained more. If you needed to talk to her, it needed to be done when no vendors or customers were around. She cared more about flirting and getting numbers then hearing about store problems.

My coworkers always had each others back. Great place to work. Supervisor was awesome.
Cons
no lunch, no breaks.
I loved my job I was married to my job
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXAugust 6, 2015
I would work all three shifts and I loved it. I'm a people person
I would work double shifts frequently and at different stores that need help. in an average week I would work 40-60 hours a week. in three to four different locations. I worked my way to Asst. Mgr. and If I wouldn't have had my son I would probably still be working with the company.
Pros
great training
Cons
no time for family
Good environment, Friendly customers and coworkers.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXAugust 5, 2015
Good place to work and I say this because of my coworkers.
They make my work day good, my customers made it even better!
My manager was fun at times and strict which was good for when we needed a laugh and when we needed to get work done.
This job was like a "same thing just a different day" type of job, not really complicated for me.
Pros
Free Breakfast tacos
Cons
no lunch break, no room for advancement
the store.
cashier (Former Employee) –  Odessa, TXAugust 5, 2015
the store was fun and the people were fun to work with... but management were very rude and hateful. if you wouldn't kiss their butt or be on their side u weren't nobody at the store .
Productive work place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Benito, TXJuly 29, 2015
-Stocked and replenished merchandise according to store merchandising layouts.
-Cleaned and organized the store, including the checkout desk and displays.
-Alerted customers to upcoming sales events and promotions.
-Resolved all customer complaints in a professional manner while prioritizing customer satisfaction.
-Answered customer telephone calls promptly and in an appropriate manner.
Working for Stripes
CSR/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Texico, NMJuly 25, 2015
Employees were great to work with. Management needed to be a little more Caring when it comes to their employee's health
Pros
Great Co- Workers and Customers
Cons
No Breaks

Want to know more about Stripes Convenience Stores?

Ask a question
Productive enviroment
General Manager (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXJuly 22, 2015
Productive and very busy environment ok job. good employees at the location upper management need to have better people skills in order to serve as role modes. Which most of them don't.
Pros
Good team members at current location
Cons
upper management need to have better people skills
...
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  La Porte, TXJuly 20, 2015
work days are repetitive. Management play the "favorites" game. co-workers enjoy starting rumors to have a little enjoyment. Hardest part is convincing yourself to stay. the most enjoyable part is the customers.
Pros
fast mornings
Cons
no breaks
Not a good place to work unless you can go 12 hours no breaks or food
Night Manager (Former Employee) –  Freeport, TXJuly 14, 2015
Co-workers were ok, however the environment wasn't worth the pay. Expected many workers to go 12 hours or even typical 8 hours with no breaks and/or food. No backup plans for people calling in sick or having emergencies. Destroyed a system that was fixed when a professional came down to help the company.
crabs in a bucket
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXJuly 12, 2015
No communication between GM and employees, no regards to staff, shows no respect to staff and their concerns. Management is very in-direct with staff and must drag information out of management to get a answer to a question. In regards to CEO have never meet the person so I can't answer question.
Pros
free meal at the subway
Cons
no communication, shows no appreciation
wish it didn change
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 8, 2015
idk where to start but it was great at first then when down hill they left me in a store where gm and agm hated each other, never told me that i was transferred till the day i was supposed to be at new store, upper management make false promises,got passover for a job they said i was nexted in line and was doing the work of the salary but not being paid as one
Pros
friends made
Cons
upper manage ment and poor hiring and broken promises
bad place to work
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Edinburg, TXJuly 6, 2015
did not like the way management is or was and they always got after me because they thought i was not a good employee also they work you until you quit and the change schedules with out notifying you if its ok
awesome advancement opportunity
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Andrews, TXJuly 2, 2015
Great company to work for. Well established company that offers the tools to succeed. People and working environment are competitive there for it encourages ones self to embrace the opportunity with the company and take advantage of the many training programs that are provided as learning tools on many levels.
Productive, challenging and fast tempo but fun.
IT Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJuly 2, 2015
Report to work at 08:00 as a IT Helpdesk Technician. Performed many tasks during the day; inventory hardware/software items in the warehouse, log helpdesk calls and assigned open calls at stores for on-site assistance, setup new stores (as required) with all IT equipment and software installations, build and transport rack systems for installation to assigned stores, fix/dispose/erase data from computer hard drives. Management wanted problem solvers, team players and the ability for the employee to cross train in other assigned tasks. Each division was separate, so your division worked as a tight group and supported and helped each other. To me there was no hard part because I was always busy and very flexible. The satisfaction of given the chance to grow, responsibilities, and being recognized by your peers on your performance.
Pros
Work atmosphere and on-site technician.
Cons
Area covered from Mexico border to Houston Texas.
Lack of Training for Management
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXJune 16, 2015
Overall, it was a good company to work for. However, training for someone that has never worked for them before is lacking in the basic information, that is required for the position I had with them.
Fun place to work but slightly stressful
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Rio Grande ValleyJune 3, 2015
Mornings are stressful and evenings aren't as hectic. The salary is horrible in the valley. Other than in the valley the raise is better.Great aooportunity for advancement