Stripes Convenience Stores Employee Reviews

Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Palmhurst, TXJuly 28, 2017
The manager isn't professional, the store was never clean, even after someone cleaned it.
The manager never approved time cards on time, and never signed on the stocks.
for temp job it was okay
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, TXJuly 28, 2017
It was a chill place to work when it wasn't crazy. Made some great friends along the way. My manager was awesome. You get to know the regular people and make a friendship with customers.
Working for Stipes
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Brady, TXJuly 26, 2017
It a great experience, I have enjoyed working there. I enjoy seeing my regulars and conversing with them to see how their day and week is going. I enjoy working with my employees they make the woke place and the work environment very stress free. Now there are time where we'll get that one customer that just isn't happy about anything but we handle them with care and with a smile and send them on their way with a smile. I would recommended working at Stripes its a good experience, but it is a very fast pace job and you have to keep up.
good starter job
Stocker (Former Employee) –  La Joya, TXJuly 25, 2017
I worked at Stripes for a limited time, but learned about convenience store operations and customer service. It was a relaxed work environment, but not something I wanted to do for very long.
ok place to work
Regional Trainer (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXJuly 24, 2017
not enough help. put restrictions on amount of help per each store. not enough coverage for stores in most locations. pay and benifits are in line with industry standard
productive, a lot to learn from your coworkers, keeps you busy but overall very fun
Kitchen Associate (Former Employee) –  San Benito, TXJuly 20, 2017
i learned a lot about cooking, everyone is always willing to help out. When you first start to work there things can be a little confusing because of all the multitasking you must do but you quickly get the hang of it with the help of others.
Easy job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJuly 19, 2017
Stripes is a nice company to work for when you personally want to be in that sort of business. For me personally, it's not what I want to be doing so I don't fully enjoy it. The hours are erratic and almost unpredictable meaning you don't really have time to plan a life outside of work. But besides that, it's easy work to follow through on.
Pros
Meeting new people all the time.
Cons
No lunch break. You eat when you can but you're always on the clock
Stripes was a good jobs aslong as you can work really fast
Kitchen Associate (Former Employee) –  Manvel, TXJuly 18, 2017
Stripes was good its a really fast paced job but I got paid pretty well and had fun working there the managers are nice and friendly the co workers to
Pros
Free lunch good pay
Cons
You have to work really fast
fun workplace
Stripes Sale Accosiate (Former Employee) –  Weslaco, TXJuly 16, 2017
This was one of the most intresting job, I've had so far it takes you through challenges and through many will I and will I not, but so far so good, i liked the job.
Cons
no brakes at my store it was sometimes slow that was our brake
productive in coustumer service, all about policies
Asst. Manager (Former Employee) –  Duncan, OKJuly 14, 2017
i enjoyed the time i was employed with the company ,very structuered place to work my experince in the asst. manager position was stressful at times but enjoyable to be able to get the job done right without worry of loseing costumers.
Pros
the respct i earned from my co workers
Cons
un happy ostumers
it was one of the best jobs i ever had. everyday was a good day
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXJuly 14, 2017
i learned alot working for stripes and everyday was a great. it was a great place to work at and all the people i worked for were great. i loved all the customers that came in
Pros
$1 32oz drink with any hot food
Interesting ,important, and fun
Inventory Specialist (Auditor) (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TX 75231July 12, 2017
At Stripes it is a different environment, situations, and people, which makes it interesting, everyday. Hardest part of the job is fixing things that you don't really see everyday, but it gets done.
Ex-Employee
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Big Spring, TXJuly 11, 2017
i loved working their in the begining then the new people came and destroyed it the new higher ups the new employees made it not worth working their anymore
Customers come first.
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXJuly 10, 2017
It was hectic at times due to other employees not wanting to do their part. The customer's were great though. Had to make sure everything was fresh for the community.
control food cost
Head Cook (Former Employee) –  Livingston, TXJuly 10, 2017
this job lied to me I worked as a temporary kitchen asst. and they did not pay me for the job then found some one over me and hired them paid them the money not me
bad business
Cashier Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kingwood, TXJuly 6, 2017
horrible place to work, the managers are rude, i was accused of multiple stuff that i didn't do, they watched me on the cameras, and only me just to accuse me of unlawful things
Face Paced and Fun
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Buda, TXJuly 6, 2017
Stripes is a very face paced and enjoyable work place, the only downside is the job security. While i was there there was almost no time to sit around and do nothing. Whether or not you were working the night shift things were still "fast". Good place to work for people who like to be on their feet all the time.
Pros
Fun
Cons
Job security
Fun work place
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Edinburg, TXJuly 3, 2017
The customer service is just a great place to start a first job due to the customers always have a positive interaction with the employees. Monthly bonuses we're included to the pay when knowing the duties.
Fast paced environment.
CASHIER (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Brownsville, TXJuly 2, 2017
Management is always there to resolve any issues between the company and its employees. Customer service is a priority. Hardest part of the job would be lifting, carrying, and pushing products up to 50 lbs when restocking merchandise. A dislike would be that newer employees make as much or more in wages as an experienced employee.
Pros
Flexible schedule, paid vacation hours, sick hours, 401k retirement plan
Cons
Work holidays, no overtime hours
Terrible store!
sales/cook (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, TXJune 30, 2017
They hired me to be a cashier, but they lied. they stuck me in the kitchen alone while other employees goofed off. They waste food, at the end of the day they throw out all remaining food. I was making minimum wage so i kept some of that food and they fired me for it. It's idiotic to waste food when you can feed the poor.
Pros
Cons
Bad salary, bad boss, and terrible coworkers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stripes Convenience Stores. Our community is ready to answer.