- Prepare site plan designs, checks drawings and project documents for multiple large projects and small capital projects under minimal supervision.
- Evaluates, selects applicable procedures, design criteria and applies standard architectural presentation techniques, using experience and judgment in the development of design concepts that provide long term protection of our investment assets and best value to our stakeholders.
- Perform drafting task, and design details to produce site plans and architectural documents. Collects data, coordinates with others, and checks documents to ensure compliance and compatibility.
- Solves architectural and interior design project issues and concerns for new construction, refurbishment, and various interior design and graphic design assignments.
- Develops technical designs; analyzes, creates, and produces drawings, ensuring their accuracy, timely completion and compliance with accepted standards.
- Works in conjunction with department associates, consultants, and disciplines in developing and analyzing project designs; ensures designs comply with accepted standards.
- Coordinates with department associates, consultants, and disciplines in the development, technical design, and analysis of project drawings for portions of a large project or a complete small project; ensures project drawings are compatible and accurate.
- Review of property plat and topographical survey information, design information, construction documents and shop drawings.
- Recommends appropriate changes and revisions to ensure compatibility with design drawings and compliance with local, state and federal codes.
REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Associates Degree in Architecture & Drafting with a minimum of four years design experience or equivalent or; High School Diploma with a minimum of four years of design experience or equivalent in new commercial construction design drafting.
- Excellent working knowledge of Architectural Practices, Principles, Procedures and Concepts.
- Knowledge of International Building Codes, Local, State and Federal Regulations.
- Strong documentation, records retention and good organizational skills.
- Knowledgeable with ADA, TAS, Architectural Barriers, Asbestos Requirements and TDHS.
- Good knowledge of construction and best practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good overall knowledge of AutoCAD Architecture 2000 or newer, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel, Power Point, and MS Project software required.
- Must possess good Analytical skills and be able to interpret technical data.