Stripes LLC is in the process of interviewing candidates for the position of Benefits Administrator. This position will be based in Corpus Christi, TX and report directly to the Human Resources Director.
Some areas of responsibility include:
- Administers benefit programs, including but not limited to health and welfare plans, retirement plans, interpreting policies and procedures, regulations, auditing and analyzing data, determining eligibility, assisting employees with enrollment throughout the year including annual enrollment administration.
- Coordinate benefit projects and implement new benefit policies and programs.
- Provides Stripes Friendly customer service by responding to customer inquiries and concerns.
- Serves customers by maintaining our Stripes Friendly philosophy, supported by a value proposition that every experience will be fast and friendly.
- Represents Company interests with the highest standards of professionalism.
- Coordinate daily benefit processing to include but not limited to enrollments, COBRA, terminations, changes, beneficiaries, disability, accident and death claims, rollovers, QDRO’s, QMCSO’s, distributions, loans, and hardships.
- Ensures accurate and timely processing of Family Medical Leave requests.
- Works with all plan vendors to resolve administration problems and employees issues making recommendations on how to streamline current processes and improve department efficiencies.
- Oversee maintenance of employee benefit files and update of employee payroll deductions.
- Assist in the management of the benefit plan renewal process.
- Coordinate transfer of data to external contacts for services, premiums and plan administration.
- Prepare regular benefit reports by extracting data from vendor sites and review on a monthly basis.
- Gather employee data and oversee the processing of monthly billings and the preparation of vouchers for payment of fees for all group plans.
- Audit benefit eligible participants, coverage and claims to ensure program accuracy and appropriate costs.
- Investigate discrepancies and provide information in non-routine situations.
- Educates employees on associated plan details and communicates provisions of benefit packages through benefit booklets, orientation materials and employee meetings.
- Ensure compliance with applicable government regulations.
- Performs other various duties as assigned.
Personal qualifications and attributes necessary for successful performance in this role include:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or human resources preferred.
- A minimum of three to five years related benefits or employee benefit administration experience is required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite required.
- Experience with PeopleSoft for extensive data entry and reporting is preferred.
- Bilingual preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with ability to act with diplomacy and tact.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team member in a fast paced office setting with highly confidential information.
- Knowledge of benefit contract language.
- Knowledge of all pertinent federal and state regulations, filing and compliance requirements both adopted and pending affecting employee benefits programs, including but not limited to ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, DOL, HIPAA and Health Care Reform.
- Excellent problem solving, decision making, attention to detail, organizational and customer service skills.
- Excellent time management skills and a proven track record of remaining calm and focused under pressure, resolving and diffusing sensitive situations, maintaining professional interactions with employees at all levels and quickly establishing rapport.
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously and independently achieve results and objectives.