Stripes LLC is in the process of interviewing candidates for the position of Public Relations Manager in the Stripes Support Center, Corpus Christi, TX. The position will report directly to the Vice President Marketing.
Some areas of responsibility include:
- Provides Stripes Friendly customer service by addressing customer inquiries and concerns.
- Assists customers by maintaining our Stripes Friendly philosophy, supported by a value proposition that every experience will be fast and friendly.
- Represents Company interests with the highest standards of professionalism.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with clients, government officials, and media representatives and use these relationships to develop a favorable image for the company within the community.
- Write interesting and effective press releases and prepare information for media kits.
- Oversee the maintenance of the company internet/intranet web pages (including social media pages such as Facebook, Twitter) based on objectives and support for market messaging as well as other critical areas.
- Manage all crisis management incidents by developing processes and initiating should an event take place such as slip and fall accident or an uncontrollable change in weather.
- Identify main client groups and audiences, determine the best way to communicate publicity information to them and develop / implement a communication plan.
- Be the point of contact for media inquiries; development of responses, interview preparation as well as obtaining proper approvals for interviews from senior management.
- Respond to requests for information about employer’s activities or status.
- Direct activities of external agencies, develop and implement communication strategies and information programs.
- Develop marketing message for special events, sponsorships, advertising and local store marketing for public attention through media without advertising directly.
- Develop and implement public relations events that drive a positive image for our brands.
- Develop and implement Local Store Marketing programs to drive traffic to store locations.
- Formulate public information policies and procedures pertaining to distribution of company information.
- Develop internal communication plans for departments to keep employees informed of departmental programs, news and coverall company activities.
- Observe and report on any social, economic and political trends that might affect the company.
- Manage communication budgets.
- Assist in developing presentations or speeches for company executives and arrange interviews and other forms of contact for them.
- Maintain the company’s corporate image and identity creating a positive outcome.
- Maintain company archives.
- Performs other various duties as assigned.
Personal qualifications and attributes necessary for successful performance in this role include:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing or related field required.
- MBA preferred.
- A minimum of six (6) years in a public information position is required.
- Advance knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite as well as Public Relations Software (Vocus, PressFile, dnaExpress).
- Bilingual preferred.
Indeed - 7 months ago
Stripes is owned by Susser Holdings, a company that was founded in 1938 when Sam Susser married the lovely Minna Weil Schwarz. The pair orig...