STRIPES

STRIPES Employer Reviews

Productive, fun please too work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Odessa, TXAugust 6, 2014
Pros: always room for advancement, fast pace
Cons: not a set schedule
At stripes i got to deal with the costumer face to face interaction. allowing me to get to know the costumer at different levels other than just as a costumer. there is always room for improvement at Stripes with in a year i went from a sales associate to Assistant Manager. Management was always willing to help you out. People were great to be around – more... with – less
This job got me cash register experience.
Cashier (Former Employee), Goliad, TXJuly 28, 2014
Pros: small town store, not soo busy at times
Cons: short breaks, if any!
check people out ,clean and stock the store , pack ice & take out the trash
I learned how to use a cash register better
the management was laid back
my coworkers were okay
the hardest part was having to work for someone after calling at the last minute
most enjoyable part was working the register
Stripes was a very good store to work at.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Laredo, TXJuly 10, 2014
Pros: opportunity to move up in the company
Cons: n/a
On a normal bases i conducted inventory of store merchandise, sold products that were on special, performed customer service. i operated cash register, maintained the store. Excellent working conditions and relationship with co-workers and customers.
Convenience Store
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Harlingen, TXJuly 6, 2014
Hard work and labor, good environment, great people to meet.
Work Days
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee), Mission, TXJuly 1, 2014
I well always be on time never late I did whatever the manger said to do,I was always a hard worker there was nothing wrong the way i work. Was welling to do whatever it take to make the store look clean
Fairly decent place to work
Cook/Server (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXJune 29, 2014
Pros: great place to work
Cons: management problems and very disfunctional
The food part of the store is a great place to work. The need a better way of managing the store and figure out how to be more functional then what it is. Hopefully with new management coming in it will get better.
enjoyable experience
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee), Katy, TXJune 22, 2014
Pros: free food
Cons: long and late hours
-clock in, casher work, check out customers, and help when needed
-money management, customers satisfaction skills, customer service skills, time management, and multitasking skills
-strong management and leaders
-friendly and hard working staff
-constant intake of customers and high pressure situations
-constantly being around people and meeting new – more... people daily. – less
???
Cashier (Current Employee), Rosenberg, TXJune 9, 2014
Pros: meeting people
Very busy, always moving around
Never get a chance for a break
Co-Workers were fine
Fun place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), 100 s. 25 mile aveMay 29, 2014
Pros: great environment
Cons: rotating shifts.
The only problem I had at this location was the management. There wasn't anything wrong with my managers the only problem was I have seen so many managers come in and out of the store it is hard to keep track of who is who.
busy place
Sales Associate (Former Employee), San Benito, TXMay 13, 2014
Pros: friendly enviroment
Cons: night shifts
go in to work
count register and safe
review what needs to be done
handle customers with there needs
close out reports
fresh coffee
cups lids straws
hotdogs
plus sale
keep busy throughtout my shift
Confusing overall Work enviorment
General Manager (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXMay 9, 2014
Pros: full time employees get benifits
Cons: no help from upper management
Stripes is a good company to work for. The Company it self offers a lot to the community . My co-workers most were great people to work with. The hardest part of my job was the frustration from the lack of assistance from the upper management team. I did learn that as with a lot of areas of life you have to watch what you say or did. Because usually – more... it never turns out good. What I enjoyed most about my job was my customers. Knowing I was keeping them happy made me happy. I prefer not to comment on the management . – less
busy work place
stripes (Current Employee), Raymondville, TXMay 9, 2014
a typical day at work is always very busy. I've learned how to work in a fast pace environment. Management and co- workers are fair, the hardest part of the job is working with only 3-4 employees while very busy. the part i enjoy about working there is that mangers work with you and everyone gets along.
Not a very good job to work at.
Cashier (Current Employee), Laredo, TexasApril 21, 2014
Doesn't work with your schedule from other jobs, a lot of favoritism, very low pay for a lot of bad labor work, not very good management, changes of schedule without confirming with one if he or she has plans or can make it that day and at that time.
Fun but serious
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Katy, TXApril 11, 2014
I enjoyed working at stripes, I'm just eager to do something different.
HIGH SPEED WORK ENVIRONMENT
Store Manager (Former Employee), Midland, TXMarch 3, 2014
LEARNED HOW TO DO MY BOSSES JOBS FOR THEM. MANAGEMENT JUST WANTS THEIR PAY CHECK THEY DON'T SEEM TO CARE MUCH ABOUT THEIR EMPLOYEES
Not a good place to work.
Kitchen Manager (Current Employee), Spring <TxFebruary 11, 2014
Cons: no support
This a very stressful place to work. At this company you do not get a lunch. And breaks or only if time permitts. The employees that work here does not follow instructions very well. They basically do as they wish with no correction. I would not recomend anyone to work for this company.
Its a place to start.....
Cook (Former Employee), Abilene, TXFebruary 7, 2014
cook, clean, and deal with poor management.... Co-warkers are what make the days go by.
A Daily Life In Stripes
sales associate/food service (Former Employee), Hebbronville TexasJanuary 23, 2014
Pros: fast pace, free fountin drinks
Cons: no breaks/lunch
Well a typical day was, pretty much a reparative one. But it was a very good experience. I learned what customer service was; always keep a fast pace, don't stop but don't ignore the customer either make them feel at home in a safe and welcomed environment. My co workers were really great to work with, never a dual moment that's one good thing I liked – more... working with them. Its good to do the job but have fun make the work enjoyable. The hardest part of the job was just not to disappoint the customers. Because if the customer doesn't like what they saw or experience then my job wasn't a success. I always did my best to make sure that didn't happen. The management is something I wouldn't want to talk about; lets just say if your not there favorite and by favorite I mean someone who is a kiss up then you wont be on their good terms. But over all I did enjoy my work it was good not great but good enough to say I like it. I suppose the most enjoyable part was just making it a work friendly environment for my co-workers and a great place where our customers enjoy coming in. – less
very busy atmosphere
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Current Employee), big spring, txJanuary 13, 2014
Pros: workown hours
Cons: some workers are just there for a paycheck
You have to be ready to work and have a smile on your face and display great customer service.
great company
Store Manager (Former Employee), Wichita Falls, TXJanuary 4, 2014
love the way they raise money for a variety of different charities

1 2 3 4 5

About STRIPES

Stripes are in, Circles are out at Susser Holdings. The company operates about 550 Stripes convenience stores in Texas, New Mexico, – Read more