Strive Employee Reviews in United States

i need and will work for a child care or anywhere
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, CONovember 27, 2015
I can also stock selves, wash dishes in a restaurant, i am great with kids with and without disabilities and i know some sign language too.

The most enjoyable part of working with kids is: i love teaching kids, watch them learn and holding and playing with kids.
Production was easy and fast pace
Display Builder (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 5, 2015
Always worked as a team the manager was very supportive and i like the team i usually worked with, there was some days i would work with people that seemed to avoid the work which make it harder to work as a team, but the overall experience was good.
Pros
there was lots of overtime
Cons
How far the job was
Gained a lot of necessary experience
Head Teacher (Former Employee) –  New Britain, CTNovember 3, 2015
It was a fun work place and I was lucky to have two extremely helpful and knowledgeable assistant teachers. I really learned how to be an effective leader and role model. Truly a great program for middle school girls!
Great Place to work
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Dorchester, MASeptember 16, 2015
STRIVE is a Non-profit organization we work with the hard to employ. I currently work with at risk youth ages 18-24. I love working at this job. It is a great place to work with room for growth.
The students are a joy to work with!
Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Clinton, CTAugust 11, 2015
The work place is a constantly changing environment; being extremely flexible is imperative! The students are wonderful; each extraordinary in surprising ways! Co-workers are awesome; hard working and personable!
Pros
Incredible students!
Encouraging environment
Youth Mentor and Evaluator (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIJune 15, 2015
Volunteering for STRIVE working closely with youth in the community has give my work purpose to further seek youth individuals in the community seeking adversity.
Pros
Volunteer with youth
Lots of fun
Contracted staff for Therapeutic programs (Former Employee) –  Clarkston, MINovember 21, 2014
I was able to set my schedule around the events that were being planned. I worked with a lot of excellent clinics in my short time with Strive, Inc. and I really enjoyed my supervisors support.
A great place to work
Direct Support Professional (DSP)/Site Trainer (Current Employee) –  Grand Junction, COOctober 28, 2014
A typical day at work was never to be predicted. We cared for my individuals and had fun teaching them new things. I learned that just because a person is disabled, they still can learn. I had minimal management. I was the site trainer for my department. I had great co-workers. The hardest part of the job was when my guys were sick or not feeling good, The most enjoyable part of my job was knowing that I made a difference in a persons life and I don't expect anything in return.
Pros
the satisfaction of caring for the people who can't do it for themselves
Cons
low pay
Consistantly evolving work environment, great family oriented staff members!
Assistant Director of Retention & Advancement (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 6, 2014
Excellent place to work and learn new skills. The culture of the organization is consistantly evolving, with new programs poping up all the time, a great place to use your creativity, and thrive professionally.
Pros
family oriented, great place to balance work and life, if you drive, parking is not so bad to find, if timing is right.
Cons
location does not have a great deal of healthy food, so bring lunch, or order a places far away, parking can be hectic if you do not time it right.
Productive and fun work environment also educational
DSW (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LASeptember 16, 2014
My days at work where sometimes challenging but very rewarding because i was able to work with individuals with different types of disabilities.The hardest part of the job was when the individuals became combative and agressive,but overall i loved the job.
Pros
educational, knowledge, experience, etc.
Cons
pay, advancement, benefits, and hours
lots of care for the people they serv
Site Programmer Direct Support Personal (Current Employee) –  Grand Junction, COJune 25, 2014
There is no typical day at work. I have gone from cleaning to chasing people I serv down the road. the people we work for can be amazing and surprise you. I have learned to have boundaries and set them from the beginning. Most of my co-workers are great to work with and very helpful if there is a behavior going on. The hardest part of the job is it is emotionally draining. however the best part is connection with the people we serv and getting to help them grow.
A fun job readiness program
Student Worker (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTMarch 20, 2014
A typical day a STRIVE is going in class waiting for the instructors to come in, after that we will go to computer lab and work for about 30 minutes or sometimes a hour. After we are done with are online training we go back in the class and do either mock interviews or paper work. I learned a lot of things about having a job like how you have to act, when to call in late or out, and also how to treat customers. My instructors are very good at their job they make sure i get every single thing they're teaching me because they want me to become a better person and have a job. My classmates are really smart and fun i have a good time when i am at STRIVE they're nice and sincere people and i get along really well with them. There is no hard thing about this program all you have to do is come everyday to class and be on time and that is not hard. The most enjoyable part of the program is that sometimes we have fun days like pizza party or movies night but that's only if we behave and earn it.
Pros
free snacks
Cons
walking there
Loved this job
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COFebruary 26, 2014
Extreamly rewarding. I was looking for a more full filling job, I found it. I love the residents and makeing them feel cared for and loved.
Positive, productive, excellent working enviroment
RECEPTIONIST/ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTDecember 27, 2013
I would recommend STRIVE as a positive and productive workplace.
Pros
team work
This is a career building program with some jobleads.
Career building course (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAAugust 2, 2013
I enjoyed my month at Strive it was a true accomplishment to finish as well as Graduate.
Pros
learning new ways to communicate.
Cons
not be able to control certian situations.
STRIVE-New Haven is a professionally edifying and learning work environment.
Administrative Aide (Current Employee) –  New Haven, CTJune 25, 2013
I greet perspective participants, issue applications and explain instructions for completion; input intake information, prepare spread sheets for record keeping, create participant folders, and develop proficient skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and operation of office machinery. In addition, I maintain a professional work environment while forming lasting professional relationships.
Pros
training is readily available.
Cons
position is temporary and part time.
Productive, Fun and Family Oriented work Place
Lead Trainer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 24, 2013
There is no doubt that I loved my job at STRIVE, which stands for: Support Training Results in Valuable Employee. A typical day at work started with going over the curriculum on my phone while taking the train to work. Once at STRIVE, a good cup of coffee, and saying good morning to all who walk through the door. At 8:45, we start with partners, a very effective exercise and for those individuals who come in late we have a discussion as to why they are late, this would done in front of the entire class and what can be done to avoid them being late in the future, and then we move on to Sexual Harassment on the work place, we will spend most of the morning on this subject. Then we have lunch, most of the time instead of taking an hour lunch, I’ll take a half hour and do my notes on each client just to be up to date, because some of my cases notes consisted of approximately anywhere from 50 to 90 participants, especially if a client is going through a really tough time. Then we will do a lot of resume building and articulating their resume. Then at 3:30 pm we would handout the $4.00 metro cards and finish our case notes for that day. That was just one day; out of a 30 days curriculum. Every single day was something different, it was great.
As for what I learned during my 11 years there, everything from Intake, to Special Population Recruiter, for approximately 6 months I had the honor and pleasure of running the entire Training Department by myself, of course staff members all helped and the job was done effectively for 6 months. I have learned so much at this organization that
  more... today I along with one of my graduate’s are in the process of finishing our own company. I and won’t elaborate any further only to say that we about to become a force to be reckon. STRIVE has shaped and molded me and countless other into hard working, dedicated outside the box thinkers and the proof will not only be seen but heard as well.
It is very important for management to be supportive of their workers and that is one thing I can attest to at STRIVE, you can turn to management with any issue and you will be heard and assisted every step of the way.
Please understand that Co-worker at STRIVE were more like family, we worked hard, and played just as hard but always, no matter what, keeping the integrity of the Organization in mind because we are examples and as such are always watched.
The hardest part of my job was getting men and women to believe in a system that they no longer have faith in and this had to be accomplished within 30 days. I worked with everyone from people with College Degrees, GED, to assisting individuals obtain their GED; from substance abuser to formerly incarcerated individuals coming out of prison after doing 10, 20, 30 years. Yes, I love my job and will be doing it again shortly.
The most enjoyable part of my job was helping people who felt lost, disregarded, and not included in anything simply because they made a mistake in their lives. I am a STRIVE Graduate, and I am proof that you can turn things around for the better, I will not stand by and allow anyone to dictate, who I am, what I can do, where I can go or what I can become those days are over, and being that no one seem to want to take a chance on me, because of past, or the economy, then I will create my own and help and hire as many people as I can because everyone deserves a fair chance.
Pros
excellent place in which to excel
Cons
can't really think of any
professional organization
Student (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAMay 1, 2013
Strive has helped me a lot with professional training and multiple skills .
good people at Strive
o computer care & administrator (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIMarch 19, 2013
It was a seasonal summer job. They not only put us to work they taught us about resumes & how to get another job. they helped us put together new email addresses & really cared about us working there for the season. Though one of my partners I worked with did seem a bit shady at times he was in a way a good guy.

We tried to get people to come to this center so we can teach them computers which in the start was kind of hard. we taught kids how to use computers & some of those kids was very intelligent. the good kids helped us out with some of the other kids when we had trouble.

I like seeing people learn & help each other. after we really got working it wasn't really that hard a job. I even brought my game system so kids can have something to play & can relax while we teach others.
Pros
nice people, learn more about working in general, teamwork, leadership experience
Cons
i can't think of none
excellent benefits
Mental Health Professional (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARJanuary 12, 2013
excellent benefits, very low pay for the work, opportunities for growth, great learning environment

4.5