Strive Employee Reviews

Horrible
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COApril 20, 2017
The company seems great at first through the training aspect and then once you get hands on its awful. The management sucks they changed things around too often to keep up with and even if you work your butt off for them they decided whether or not to pay you for all your hard over time. The only positive/rewarding part of this job is the clients.
You will immediately regret accepting a position with strive/MDS
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COApril 4, 2017
Strive/MDS is a horrible company to work for. Office moral, training, support from supervisors, and pay are all some of the worst I've ever seen. Management does not care at all about its employees and it shows by the ridiculously high turn over rate. Save your time and energy and apply elsewhere.
Cons
Management. Turn over.
No respect for clients ir staff
Grants Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COFebruary 19, 2017
Would never work there again and caution people about the negative, unprofessional organizational culture. No need to go into the ugly details. Very disorganized organization.
Pros
Cons
Treated unprofessionally
Awful place to work
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COFebruary 1, 2017
Strive and MDS has poor office morale, lack of organization, poor training, you are considered dispensable, no support from upper management, no appreciation for the hard work you do, no safe place to share your concerns like with HR because they tell on you or gossip, and major lack of respect. Turnover happens about once per week, but the CEO and board of directors is not supporting or getting to the root of the problem. I don't recommend working for this employer, but if you do I wish you luck.
Loved working in the houses with the individuals
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COJanuary 3, 2017
Working in the houses was great, the individuals I got to work with were amazing, including the staff I was working with. I loved that everyday was different, it made for a better work schedule, that way you didn't just fully get into a rhythm of each day being the same. it kept you on your toes.
Pros
Getting to know the guys and know your helping make a difference in their lives
Cons
Short breaks, if any, and short handed on coworkers at times
Productive and knowledgeable
Direct Support Professional (Current Employee) –  Grand Junction, CODecember 3, 2016
This program is a good resource for offenders exiting the legal system and reintegrate back into the public. This organization teaches psycho-educational and living skills
Pros
Positive Outcomes for inmates
Cons
No breaks, minimal contact with supervisor
Rewarding
After School Program Coordinator (Former Employee) –  South Portland, MENovember 13, 2016
STRIVE is a great program that helps young adults and adults with developmental disabilities. Very rewarding work and great team members. Would highly recommend for someone looking to get into social services.
STRIVE program
Job Developer (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCNovember 2, 2016
I have enjoyed working with STRIVE, assisting participants in finding jobs has been a joy for me. The participants attend class for four weeks upon completion they graduate and begin job searching. I have a job board that I update weekly with openings. I provide that information to the participants and complete the applications for them or show them how to apply. The participants are informed that they must follow up after completing the application. I continue until the participant has found a job.
Pros
Excellent program
Cons
More money is needed to found the program
The individuals bring a real sense of full fillment.
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COOctober 29, 2016
I learned by caring for the Developely Disabled that each day I can walk,talk and toilet myself is a real gift. Many of the individuals can not do any of these and never have been able. They have to relie completely on the employees whom take care of them. Many of the Developely Disabled have lived part of there lives in institutions.
Pros
The supervisor at the Day Program .Active Wellness is AWESOME.
Cons
Change of your schedule and work location at the very last moment.
okay
Sales Associate-Retail (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 12, 2016
needs to be managed better. I learned how to sell multiple pairs of shoes to customers. use a point of sale system, managed inventory.
Not for the career minded person.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COJuly 7, 2016
This company has lost it's credibility over the past decade. It has about a 35% turn over rate per MONTH. Training is extremely inadequate and management no longer has the best interest of employees and the individuals they serve in mind. SO overtaken by the "good ole boy" philosophy.
Cons
Poor pay, Repeated requests to donate part of your paycheck, back to the company. Now ran by ex-State employees with less than stellar records.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCDecember 17, 2015
I was a volunteer and I took the class that they offered helping you obtain job skills and it was great. I got to learn work skills ans how to properly do a resume. Enjoyed the people
Pros
good environment
Cons
no pay
i need and will work for a child care or anywhere
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, CONovember 27, 2015
I can also stock selves, wash dishes in a restaurant, i am great with kids with and without disabilities and i know some sign language too.

The most enjoyable part of working with kids is: i love teaching kids, watch them learn and holding and playing with kids.
Production was easy and fast pace
Display Builder (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 5, 2015
Always worked as a team the manager was very supportive and i like the team i usually worked with, there was some days i would work with people that seemed to avoid the work which make it harder to work as a team, but the overall experience was good.
Pros
there was lots of overtime
Cons
How far the job was
Gained a lot of necessary experience
Head Teacher (Former Employee) –  New Britain, CTNovember 3, 2015
It was a fun work place and I was lucky to have two extremely helpful and knowledgeable assistant teachers. I really learned how to be an effective leader and role model. Truly a great program for middle school girls!
Great Place to work
Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Dorchester, MASeptember 16, 2015
STRIVE is a Non-profit organization we work with the hard to employ. I currently work with at risk youth ages 18-24. I love working at this job. It is a great place to work with room for growth.
The students are a joy to work with!
Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Clinton, CTAugust 11, 2015
The work place is a constantly changing environment; being extremely flexible is imperative! The students are wonderful; each extraordinary in surprising ways! Co-workers are awesome; hard working and personable!
Pros
Incredible students!
Encouraging environment
Youth Mentor and Evaluator (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIJune 15, 2015
Volunteering for STRIVE working closely with youth in the community has give my work purpose to further seek youth individuals in the community seeking adversity.
Pros
Volunteer with youth
Lots of fun
Contracted staff for Therapeutic programs (Former Employee) –  Clarkston, MINovember 21, 2014
I was able to set my schedule around the events that were being planned. I worked with a lot of excellent clinics in my short time with Strive, Inc. and I really enjoyed my supervisors support.
A great place to work
Direct Support Professional (DSP)/Site Trainer (Current Employee) –  Grand Junction, COOctober 28, 2014
A typical day at work was never to be predicted. We cared for my individuals and had fun teaching them new things. I learned that just because a person is disabled, they still can learn. I had minimal management. I was the site trainer for my department. I had great co-workers. The hardest part of the job was when my guys were sick or not feeling good, The most enjoyable part of my job was knowing that I made a difference in a persons life and I don't expect anything in return.
Pros
The satisfaction of caring for the people who can't do it for themselves
Cons
Low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Strive. Our community is ready to answer.