Strive Employee Reviews

productive, friendy and safe workplace
Tutor and cashier (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 7, 2018
My typical day at work was: clocking in, tutoring children for 2-2.5 hours depending on the material their teacher assigned, and the last hour and a half I was a cashier for their bakery. Some days I would help their chef distribute snacks or food to the children. I learned patience and the importance of additional help the kids needed. I enjoyed watching the kids flourish throughout the process. I saw improvement, little or a lot, it still made a difference. My managers and co-workers were all friendly and respectful. I was younger than most of my co-workers so I looked up to many of them.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
no breaks
Nice job if you need extra cash, but nothing substantial.
Internship (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 19, 2018
I started this internship after completing their job placement program for Microsoft certifications as well as medical ones. The environment was very firm, yet helpful. However, outside of assistance with certifications, the actual job placement is where difficulty arrives.

Good if you need something extra in your pocket, but by no means a career.
Pros
Work at your own pace
Cons
Lack of job advancement.
caution
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, CODecember 17, 2017
although the individuals who receive services from Strive are all so amazing and a joy to care for, the management is a mess and the turnover is ridiculous. There is no compensation for work performance and the overall wage is low.
Pros
great individuals
Cons
pretty much everything else
Horrible place to work
Service Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, CONovember 28, 2017
Incorrect information was given during training. Then it was punished for having used the incorrect training and no opportunity to fix the issue. There was no positive feedback in order to improve as an employee. This company has no desire to see it's employees stay with them or be treated fairly. They will drop you quickly for any little reason and never give you a chance to correct any kind of miscommunications. It will always be ONLY your fault.
Pros
relatively flexible hours
Cons
Low pay, poor benefits, lack of communication
great experience
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 28, 2017
Free flowing work environment, no problems what so ever. Felt comfortable 100 percent. Staff and Management very helpful and supportive. Workload was never more than I can handle
Pros
Great People, Great work space
Cons
Wished it lasted longer
Productive and fun working place
Student Success Leader (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYOctober 16, 2017
It was the best job I ever had. Coworkers were very friendly and open to constructive criticisms. The supervisor was very nice and showed much concern about her workers. Working at Strive was the best thing ever
First job
TEACHER ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Watts, CAOctober 10, 2017
This was my job ever and I learned a lot about saving money, time management and how to communicate with children.

The only reason I quit was due to not having enough time for school since I was not yet driving and I lived far.
Too much work for not enough money
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 24, 2017
Strive tries to make a good culture. But they ask way too much of their teachers. Every day someone would be crying from being overwhelmed. Not worth it!
Cons
No lunch break
Helping others
Behavioral Support Proffesional (Current Employee) –  Grand Junction, COSeptember 19, 2017
I love helping others and this is the perfect place to do it if you have what it takes. Having thick skin helps if you work behavioral and a strong stomach if you work medical.
Tutor
Peer Tutor (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CASeptember 7, 2017
Loved working with peers with disabilities
Learned to communicate in different ways
Provided vocational and lifestyle guidance
Requires patience and energy
decent place to work
Community Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COAugust 10, 2017
after two weeks of training and completed my qmap, I was assigned to a behavior house. I was also offered overtime at other houses. Management was good and On call staff were helpful when problems arose with clients. Some coworkers were helpful and other coworkers were not so helpful. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the constant screaming by a client and my ears ringing when I got off work. The most enjoyable part of my job was when my clients were having good days.
Pros
available hours and on call help line
Cons
screaming client
Chaos and unfair treatment
Personal Care Provider (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COJuly 27, 2017
Did not like how management did not do their jobs and mange the workplace. Workers did whatever they wanted and did not even look like they did their job. All the employees do are complain about other shifts and talk about one another.
Fun place to work
Direct Support Professional (DSP) (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COJune 19, 2017
STRIVE was very fun to work for, and I miss the individuals I worked with every day. Staff was amazing and we always were there to help each other out.
Strive Review
Manager (Current Employee) –  Clifton, NJJune 13, 2017
I consider my band Strive to be a part time job that I've had for many years now. I put a great deal of time and effort into the managing, branding, promotion, booking, songwriting, and production of the band on a daily basis. Through this band I have learned many important things about the music industry and business in general, and I have always strived (no pun intended) to represent my band in the most professional way possible. Obviously there's been plenty of road bumps such as promoters paying next to nothing for ticket sales, graphic designers and videographers not meeting deadlines, and sound production at venues being subpar. However, I've always managed to maintain a positive attitude towards my band because it is something that I truly believe in and I believe I have the right mindset to be successful in anything I do.
Pros
Publicity, notoriety, free drinks and food, appearances at festivals
Cons
Little financial compensation, no health benefits, lack of professionalism from peers
Horrible
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COApril 20, 2017
The company seems great at first through the training aspect and then once you get hands on its awful. The management sucks they changed things around too often to keep up with and even if you work your butt off for them they decided whether or not to pay you for all your hard over time. The only positive/rewarding part of this job is the clients.
You will immediately regret accepting a position with strive/MDS
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COApril 4, 2017
Strive/MDS is a horrible company to work for. Office moral, training, support from supervisors, and pay are all some of the worst I've ever seen. Management does not care at all about its employees and it shows by the ridiculously high turn over rate. Save your time and energy and apply elsewhere.
Cons
Management. Turn over.
I enjoyed the time there
UHD Communication Studies Intern (Former Employee) –  UHDMarch 28, 2017
This was simply an internship, therefore not particularly applicable to this website but I shall fulfill the character requirement regardless as asked, or rather mandatory.
No respect for clients ir staff
Grants Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COFebruary 19, 2017
Would never work there again and caution people about the negative, unprofessional organizational culture. No need to go into the ugly details. Very disorganized organization.
Pros
Cons
Treated unprofessionally
Awful place to work
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COFebruary 1, 2017
Strive and MDS has poor office morale, lack of organization, poor training, you are considered dispensable, no support from upper management, no appreciation for the hard work you do, no safe place to share your concerns like with HR because they tell on you or gossip, and major lack of respect. Turnover happens about once per week, but the CEO and board of directors is not supporting or getting to the root of the problem. I don't recommend working for this employer, but if you do I wish you luck.
Loved working in the houses with the individuals
DSP (Direct Support Professional) (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COJanuary 3, 2017
Working in the houses was great, the individuals I got to work with were amazing, including the staff I was working with. I loved that everyday was different, it made for a better work schedule, that way you didn't just fully get into a rhythm of each day being the same. it kept you on your toes.
Pros
Getting to know the guys and know your helping make a difference in their lives
Cons
Short breaks, if any, and short handed on coworkers at times