Strom Engineering Employee Reviews

Great place
B-Operator (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXAugust 24, 2017
I have traveled with this company for years. I have been all over the US living my dream and working at the same time. I will continue to see if work is available.
good job
Driller (Former Employee) –  Island, LAAugust 12, 2017
Great temporary work. Get to travel and make a good living. You are exposed to many numerous industrial job sites. You meet people of every nationality.
Tool and machine parts crib attendant
Crib Attendant (Former Employee) –  East Peoria, ILAugust 8, 2017
Was able to work with a variety of people from engineering, production and maintenance.
Felt great about able to help so many people in one day to perform their jobs.
Pros
working with a diversified group of people
Cons
running out of supplies
An okay place for a temp
National Recruiter (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Wayzata, MNAugust 4, 2017
This company has a lot to learn yet about management and HR functions. It was an okay place to work as a temp. There should be an HR coordinator or manager assigned to this firm in order to remain compliant.
Great job
Millwright /Maintenance tech (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MN 55305July 22, 2017
I have worked for Strom Engineering for over twenty years on several different job's. They take care of their worker's, fly you any where that you need to be. They provide everything needed for the job's that they send you to.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Away from home
Good company to work for
Structural Welder (Former Employee) –  WisconsinJune 24, 2017
This is a good company to work for, never had any problems with them always kind with employees, and most thing we like is the payment that they offer.
Great
Industrial Electrician (Current Employee) –  Minetonka Mls, MNJune 18, 2017
I love working here every body is safety orientated and professional high employees retention and an unbelievable corporate structure great benifits
professional work enivornment
Slitter Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Leechburg, PAMay 18, 2017
12 hour work shift two breaks and one lunch break Prepared and processed a wide variety of shipments; Operated forklift, , swing-reach truck, and picker to transport, stage, and store freight.
Pros
friendly strict clean atmosphere
Cons
No healthcare
Great place if you dont have a family
Automatic Machine Attendant (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHMay 16, 2017
I enjoyed working here. I was just away on contracts a lot. The people was great. The pay was even better. The jobs may vary due to this being a contracting company so you just have to stay divers.
Good company to work for
Lead Furnace Operator (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNMay 15, 2017
I've been working for this company for about 2.5 years now and they are a fair opportunity company I can say that and to finish it off if you have a skill and they are looking for people with your skill you have the job just show your good work ethics while on the job and you set your self up to go on the next job.
stay away if you can
CDL Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  Long Island, NYMay 9, 2017
I worked long island,ny family 911 came up they made me finish my shiftdrop me off without no ticket paid my way homedidn't refund cost of my ticket..
great place to work
Contract worker (Former Employee) –  Roseau, MNApril 5, 2017
i learned how to assemble polaris snowmobiles. there was nothing hard about the job, it was very clean and organised, management was always available and willing to listen to complaints or issues. it was a overall great place to work.
Pros
great pay
Cons
cold weather
Great company with great pay
Slitter Operator (Former Employee) –  Leechburg, PAMarch 21, 2017
Slitter Operator
Space rotary blades on machine shaft according to width specified for strips, secure blades in position.
Mount roll or bolt of material on machine, support and thread material over tension bar, between feed rollers and under
rotary blades to slit continuous lengths of material and lap ends of slit material around takeup tubes.
Start machine and observe flow of material through machine to detect irregular cutting and winding, move levers to stop,
start and regulate speed of the machine and to align material with rotary blades.
Disengages winding shaft and removes narrow rolls of material.
strom is a great company to work for
Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  Marinette, WIMarch 16, 2017
strom takes care of their employees and will assist them in any way to get and maintain employment. The best contractor of shipyard employees I ever worked for
Great pay
Equuipment Specialist (Former Employee) –  All across rhe usMarch 12, 2017
Great way to meet people from all over the world. Put all of your skills to work 7 days a week , if you like to work and work hard and can handle being away from your family for long periods of time . This is an excellent opportunity.
Nive place to work.
Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNMarch 10, 2017
A typical day at work is, going out to learn new learn new challenges and meet new people from all over the United States. It was one of the best jobs and great people to work for.
Good company
Inspection (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 8, 2017
Good pay good mobility great communication. No issues for pay provide transportation and lodging. Psy mileage and or hotel. Great leaders to work around. Provide good safety for all employees. Definitely recommend to work for
Depolyment
Die-Casting/Molding/Machinist (Current Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNFebruary 12, 2017
Liked being on the deployed assignments. Weekly pay and pay rate of the assignments. Recruiters are good at keeping in contact with employees.
productive fun place to work
CNC Machinist (Former Employee) –  Hopkins, MNJanuary 11, 2017
contract jobs good on the job training ,management was good ,co -workers was diverse but everyone got along well sharing ideas and knowledge. hardest part of the job was the long hours 12hr days 6 to 7 days a week for 2 to 3 months.everything was paid for lodging food
Pros
free lunches, per diem cash could work the whole contract job without cashing a check
Cons
long hrs, long periods away from friends and family
A great company to work for.
General Labor (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNJanuary 3, 2017
I've done many different jobs since I started working for this company back in 2006 I learned a different trade with each job that the company sent me to. I got along with everyone I worked with on each cite I went to. The hardest part of my job was the 12 hr. shifts and when the job ended leaving all the new friends I made behind, the most enjoyable part about the jobs was getting my hands dirty, being challenged and working with a great team. I would like to thank Strom for all the opportunities that they have given me of employment and I would recommend their company to all my relatives and friend..
Pros
Very understanding coordinators
Cons
n/a