Strom Engineering Employee Reviews

Lots of money/ Hostile enviroment
temp (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDDecember 1, 2016
Strom Engineering cunducted strike work, Strom would bring in every discpline needed to run a facility on strike, we were the scabs that crossed the picked line. i hated the work , however i needed the money. I couldn't get pass the fact that we entered the facility under armed guard while people were suffering on the picket line, the look in there faces as we drove by them eventually outweighed the money.
Pros
Lots of Money
Cons
it went against my core beliefs
Good company to work for
Crane Operator (Former Employee) –  Washington, PAFebruary 1, 2016
I enjoyed working for this company and would probably work for those again.Staff is professional and caring.Can make a lot of money
Pros
compensation
Cons
no benefits
workplace
Material Inventory Clerk/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXDecember 17, 2015
there were no benefits because this was a contracting job. but the pay was awesome. brought home around 1,500 dollars weekly. Hardest part was being gone and traveling over the road for work
Lack of hours.
Stationary Steam Engineer (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNDecember 7, 2015
It was an ok place to work. But lack of raise's and short work week. Had to leave for 40 hour a week job. Job was 8:00 am. to 4:30 pm.
Very poor recruiter and management morals.
Cleaner/Janitor (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaAugust 2, 2016
I worked through this company for two days and I quit because still to this dat will not send, or bring me the proper documents so that I can get paid. They will not work with me in any way and were very rude when I tried to reason with them. I was very disgusted in their behavior and I heard this was a common disparity with them.
Lots of overtime
MIG Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, OHSeptember 20, 2016
Welded metal components for jeep armour truck doors. Using flux core wire 1/4, and 1/16. Heavy plate welder fabricated doors to keep. Large working areas.
Pros
2 breaks unpaid lunch 30 mins.
Cons
Must be at work station on time
Good for temporary work
Mechanical Technician (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 26, 2016
Good for temporary work, however they have some serious bugs to work out. Management is very hit or miss, payroll has a tendency to make mistakes. They view their employees as disposable, and make it VERY apparent!
chemistry position
Analytical Chemist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 22, 2012
The company's main vision is to help with strike and lockout situations. The financial compensation is great, however the position may last for 2 weeks or 5 months so there is no real security. you are required to work 7 days a week and normally 12 hour shifts. As far as far as co-workers it is no different than any other job. There will be those you have a good relationship with and others you could do without. The Strom managers are not as concerned with the best interest of the employee, there idea of concern is the money you are getting paid for, but any personal problems they have little tolerance.
Pros
good pay
Cons
you are forced to pay for meals and hotel
the pay is very good but the way things are run is crazy.
Maintenance Electrician (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAApril 5, 2016
The pay is great but moral is horrible. Nobody wants to help you or show you anything. Its like no one cares or wants you to learn anything because they are scared your gonna take there job or something.
Great Job to build quick wealth
BanBury Operator (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OhioApril 23, 2013
Made Good Money, Life Long Friends, and Brought a Benz...Gained valuable experience I otherwise wouldn't have gotten.

Enough Money Made To Do Alot When You Return Home.

Would work for them anytime!
Pros
great pay, lifelong friends, and enough per diem to have your own room and choose your own roommate.
Cons
no benefits, job is only temporary, and very long hours.
Great Job, great Enviroment
Warehouse/Material Handler/Forklift/Order picker (Current Employee) –  Wayzata, MNJanuary 27, 2014
Would love to work for them again.This is a great company because of the compensation. You will always be faced with different challenges working with this company
Welder / Contractor (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHFebruary 12, 2016
Our goal at Strom was getting the job done. I always worked with a great and knowledgeable team. We were successful and surpass all our goals at each contract.
Pros
Traveling, learning and my team
Cons
A contract can end at anytime
Good pay
Maintenance Assistant (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNJanuary 13, 2014
Great pay, hard work long hours but compensation is unbeatable, managers will work with you.
Production
Operator (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDFebruary 23, 2016
12 hours shifts. got along well with co-workers. fast pasted warehouse. The client was very friendly. Busy at American Crystal Sugar. Learning how sugar is made in the remelt room.
educational and fun
contractor/enginner (Former Employee) –  txMay 21, 2015
every day started off early. I learned many things such as sand blasting, reading blueprints, forming and creating parts for airplane seats, the co-workers were very helpful reading hard blueprints, the hardest part of the job was the complicated blueprints that involved multiple views for a single piece. the enjoyment of the job involved perfecting the skills taught to me, also the friendly environment.
Pros
proper equipment to get the job done, friendly staff
Hardcore production
Quality Assurance Chemist/Lab Manager (Former Employee) –  Fargo, NDJanuary 7, 2013
Harsh conditions long hours 84 hours a week
hard working fellow co workers
per diem provided along with transportation to and from work
Pros
lots of ot
Cons
harsh working conditions
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNOctober 15, 2015
Great company to work for and great people to work with being away from home at months at a time is the only downfall funds for food is provided and they provide car and hotel
Excellent job to quickly increase income but no potential to be a career
Dryer Operator (Current Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDNovember 18, 2012
12 hours a day, 7 days a week, 52 weeks a year, at any given town in the country. Long hours, long days, great pay. Working for Strom is for the strong minded, strong willed, ambitious person that doesn't mind being away from home and their family for long periods at a time.
Pros
great pay
Cons
no days off
work hard great pay make buddies beat layoffs
welder/fitter, QA, Diesel mechanic, production AP (Former Employee) –  sealy tx, fairfield ohFebruary 23, 2013
Not a bad option to make some good money but it would be a difficult life if you did it as a career
Pros
money used to be better still decent
Cons
politics as in any job are a big part/who you are buddies with
productive and fun place to work.
Quality Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNNovember 26, 2013
A typical day at work is the best of challenge but enjoyable because of the personality and diverse people in the industries. I learned lots about how the importance in quality controls. the coworkers were intelligent and possessed many skills. Hardest part was the long hours and days of work.
Pros
holiday bonuses
Cons
long hours.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Strom Engineering. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3