Strong Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews in United States

Strong Memorial Hospital
RN Level II (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 15, 2016
Patients are unique. Providers are experienced. Access and participation in research is frequent. Because of the high profile national ranking there is a fair amount of politics in managment. facility and atmosphere is good, parking in a long walk and expensive, retirement plan is nice, health benefits are good but pricey.
Very busy Hospital based care
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 13, 2015
Amazing staff and hard working supportive medical location. There are many new and seasoned professionals working together. Diverse population and very rewarding.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Oversized
Hospital Emergency Room sign language interpreter
TAR Sign Language Interpreter (Former Employee) –  Medical CenterSeptember 30, 2015
On call overnight position on evenings and weekends, interpreting between medical staff and patients. Provided interpreting services to the University of Rochester's Strong Memorial Hospital for 24 years.
Pros
Many learning opportunities
Cons
No health insurance benefits, no retirement benefits
very productive, challenging, and busy hospital inpatient pharmacy.
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 19, 2015
One of the nation's top academic medical centers. A great place to work with excellent benefits and supportive management. A typical day is getting and bringing 24hr med supply to all nursing units, refill and maintain pyxis machines, supply all missing, additional and new meds, triage phone calls, manage floor stock on nursing units, order any meds needed, work as a member of a team of co-workers.
I have learned different parts of pharmacy. My first year or so I worked in Distribution department, then IVA and Compounding departments. I was later given the responsibilities of a Floor Technician for the Cardiac and Neurology units. My last year I was in the Stockroom Department managing floor stock on nursing units, refilling and troubleshooting Pyxises, and ordering meds for Ambulatory Clinics and managing all their needs.
I also learned how to work well with all types co-workers, and how to maintain a positive attitude when at times I was surrounded by other than positive. I received confirmation on what a great employee I am.
The hardest part was the pressure put on everyone when co-workers do not show up to work. It is a huge hospital with over 1,000 beds and a lot of demands that need to be done in a timely manner.
The most enjoyable part is working with a great team of Doctors, Nurses, Pharmacists, pharmacy Techs, and other hospital staff that have the same goal-to provided the best and most efficient patient care available.
Pros
free lunches from time to time
Cons
short breaks
Caring and compassionate staff, fulfilling/rewarding
RN, Level II, Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 25, 2016
Patient/staff ratio is 4-5:1 on day shift. Night shift is 6:1. I learned how to best communicate with a variety of cultures and generations. Regarding staff and patients. No coworker has ever refused to help another in my career at SMH. Management is always supportive of recognition of work and achieving one's goals. Especially with education. The coworkers I had there were great and unforgettable.
Pros
Free lunches, tuition help if trying to climb the ladder
Cons
always could use more staff
structure
Environmental Services (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 26, 2015
Strong Hospital is a great place to work it has a lot of excellent opportunities. A stepping stone to a great career path. A place of growth.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
not so flexiable
I was very pleased by working at Memorial strong Hospital
Transport Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 5, 2016
I worked at the hospital as patient transporter for 6 months and I moved to Ohio State. I had to give up the job. I was so passionate about it. I love working in the medical field and make the difference in people live. I did my training at Akron Children's Hospital in Boardman, Ohio.
Pros
no free lunch
Cons
1/2 hour lunch and 1 break
Working with Environmetal Services
Special Projects Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 26, 2016
Looking for rooms for sanitation of hospital born bacteria's like C-Diff
and MERSA
That these bacteria's can be spread
Very Good People
Nice and easy to get along with
Sometimes late hours to decontaminate whole units
Knowing that I could aid in the removal of these hospital born viruses
very energetic place to work
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYDecember 17, 2015
very big and energetic place to be, you have a different experience everyday whether it be positive or negative, opportunities for advancement, or relocating with a lot of support from management
Personal Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 21, 2016
I've worked on the physical medicine an d rehab floor for four years. I also worked as a environmental service worker for one year. During the time I've been here I have grown as a person. I've realized my true passion is to be a nurse and I am actively pursuing that now.
Pros
Tutition assistance
Helpful environemnt
Temp (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 29, 2016
Helpful and enjoyable co-workers. Work days were not filled with a lot of excitement, very dull. The management was average at best because of the lack of organization.
Accuracy and Being focus
Patient Transporter (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 19, 2015
Your day would begin with checking the portal and patient's information. Then, you would learn where to remote them to there placement for tests or back to there room. Your co-workers would come along and assist if needed. The job was not hard at all, just stay focus, read all directions, and being accurate. The enjoyable part of the day is that you put a smile on someone's face.
Benefits
Cons
Paying to park
nutritional assistant
Nutritional Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 26, 2016
no room for advancement due to seniority
discrimination between permanent and temporary workers
i think the patients are alot of fun to be around because of there different personalities
Lead Cardiac Technician (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 26, 2016
In charge of daily setup of cardiac anesthesia cases. Setup of TEE, cellsaver and operating it, float swan, triple transducer, prep for lines and continuous support through cases
Pros
challenging
productive and exciting workplace
patient care tech (Former Employee) –  New JerseyMarch 10, 2016
i loved working with the public, and being able to help people with any problems that may come up, I have been able to gain a ton of experience , and i know that i can take the same experience and apply it to your company
Positive work place with great benefits.
Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 28, 2016
A typical day at work would include maintaining a clean area, doing patient discharges and working around a group of really good people.
Pros
great people
Cons
pricey food
ok
Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  operating rooms,strong memorial hospital,rochesterMarch 1, 2016
very stressfull job at times because your working in a trauma unit ,where its all types of situation that come up at all times,also you have to be ready for any thing that comes thru the door,all types of operations,whether minor or major surgery
I learned that a medical office can be very busy and you have no time to just sit at your desk anhd uyse the computer you are consistently moving all
Adminstrative Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 18, 2015
Medical administrative assistant
I would have to say working at strong memorial hospital was a great hospital to work at. You can work any hours you want basically (flextime) The co-workers we really nice, after a while you get use to everyone and become associates around the office. The hardest part of the job would be to get a patient off the telephone without being rude while another patient would come up to the desk and wait for me to end the call. The most enjoyable part was when the patients come back to my desk after their visit with the physician. The manager was not that bad in fact I did a great job so my manager had no problems with me.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Great place to work at
Patient Secretary (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 10, 2016
great place to work at and learn new things. This hospital gives you the opportunity to transfer to different areas of the hospital
Pros
learning hospital
Cons
different shifts
Company
Patient Rep/Emergency/OrthopedicDepartment (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 9, 2016
I worked in the Emergency department at the hospital, we serve also as patient representative for the Doctors, we completed registration for completion insurance.

Strong Memorial Hospital Reviews by Location