Strong Memorial Hospital

Strong Memorial Hospital Employer Reviews

work place
Environmental Service Technician (Former Employee), Rochester,NyMarch 25, 2014
Everyone at Strong Memorial Hospital taught me something new everyday.I loved everyday i worked there, Very great place to Work
Enjoyable work place with variety of healthy foods at meal time
Pat (Current Employee), Rochester, NYMarch 5, 2014
Pros: huge dining hall.
Cons: always busy, sometimes no breaks
Very busy, with fun people to work with. The unit consists of cardiac patients, weights and output and input is very important to chart.

Vitals signs taking and Electrocardiogram is done every four hours or as needed.
Great Learning environment
RN (Former Employee), Rochester, NYFebruary 10, 2014
Pros: wonderful learning environment.
Cons: day/night rotation within a week.
Worked on the orthopedic unit and learned a great deal about acute care nursing. Developed strong clinical skills with a variety of patient care.
Productive Envirionment and Always Learning Experience
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Rochester, NYJanuary 27, 2014
Pros: great learning experience
Cons: breaks were short
A great Experience and always learing new things. Enjoyable patients and coworkers. Learen how to handle bad situations and worked well with others.
Educational good place to work
Intern (Current Employee), Rochester, NYDecember 31, 2013
I have enjoyed my time at this placement and look forward to future opportunities here
Appointments and insurance checks
Secretary III (Former Employee), rochester ,nyDecember 30, 2013
I would book appointments and make charts and check insurances.
fun work place
Parking Attendant (Former Employee), Rochester, NYDecember 2, 2013
Pros: healthcare costs were great
Cons: non
The U of R a diversified workplace I certaintly enjoyed my employment there. I worked as a parking attendant and was expected to transport employees to and from various parking location sites. Healthcare and 401k plan was offered at a very low cost.
Not my ideal hospital
Lab Clinical Support Tech II (Current Employee), Rochester, NYNovember 13, 2013
Pros: job stability
Cons: childish and miserable individuals
A typical day at work is usually trying to find a spot to work until I am asked to go to my scheduled assignment. I have learned about how tests are run, how long they take to result and what is the holding time for a specimen to be processed. I get along we with employees, but did have my first time with an employee causing trouble for me and as far – more... as management goes, they are not much help. Management tends to brush things under the rug and don't want to get involved in confrontation, which is not right. The hardest part of the job is trying to focus on work and not what bothers you. My most enjoyable part are working with my fellow co-workers who make jokes and pass the time by. – less
fast paced
Patient Information Representative (Former Employee), Rochester, NYOctober 21, 2013
Pros: great training
Cons: the mangement
I loved the idea of working for Strong Hospital because it's a great place for advancement but the department that I was working in was sometimes great and sometimes not so great. My boss was the problem there but she retired after that things got alot better
We had a Chapel
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), London, OHOctober 11, 2013
Pros: benfits
I always came in and did my work I learned how to really care for people I had the best management they always picked us up my co-workers was always ready to work there were no hard parts we were a family I enjoyed everything...
Great Benefits for families
Third Level Secretary (Former Employee), Child NeourologyOctober 10, 2013
Pros: the benefit packages they offer for famiies
Cons: employees having to pay for parking.
I really enjoyed my job at the hospital it was a very pleasant environment to work in. Had I not ventured out to start my own business i never would have left.
It was a lot of fun working for strong.
Housekeeping (Former Employee), Rochester, NYOctober 9, 2013
Pros: it was good work place
Cons: there is nothing bad i can say if you did your job you had no problems
Strong was a good place to work. It has been a few years since i worked there but made some life long friends there. My mangers was good to work for. They made it easy to work there. The benefits was good also.
very professional organization
Staff nurse/Charge nurse CPEP/ Psych E.D (Former Employee), Rochester, NYOctober 8, 2013
Strong allowed me to blossom from a unit clerk to a pt care tech to an RN and then finally as a charge nurse in charge of a VERY acute psychiatric emergency room.
Professional enviornment
Financial Coordinator (Former Employee), Rochester, NYSeptember 19, 2013
Pros: excellent benefits
Enjoyed working in this professional environment with some of the worlds best surgeons and support staff.
excellent teaching hospital
Medical Secretary/Patient Care Technician (Former Employee), Rochester, NYSeptember 10, 2013
Pros: great palce for advancement, and school tuition
Cons: some lazy coworkers and then the customer suffers.
excellent place to work, great place for advancement, most enjoyable part was learning ,new things and working with staff that was willing to teach.
Learning the EMR system
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee), Rochester, NYAugust 24, 2013
Pros: no supervision
I was scanning the patient's chart into the computer. I was also organizing them as to patient's currently being seen in the clinic.
First real job!
Receptionist/Registration Clerk (Former Employee), Rochester, NYAugust 23, 2013
Pros: health benefits were outstanding
I started off working in the basement of the hospital filing xrays away. After a few months I was promoted to upstairs filing then promoted to the CAT Scan dept and then eventually the MRI dept. I loved this job! The most enjoyable part of this job was meeting new people and doctors everyday and making acquaintances on a daily basis.
productive and fun work experience
Food service Nutrition Assistance (Former Employee), Rochester n,yAugust 3, 2013
Pros: health benefits
The environment of my last job was a high demand job, because we had to deal with hundred of patients each day at a fast past. My job was a team working job which you had to learn to get along with each other so that you can give a great customer service experience for your patients.The job had great benefits and great managements that encourage you – more... to rise above and push you hard to reach goals so that you can expand your skills. – less
Patient Account Representative
Patient Account Representative (Former Employee), Rochester, NYAugust 2, 2013
I really enjoy working at strong, but I ended up taking a job with the City of Rochester. Every got along very well, for the most part I was dealing with customer over the phone regarding there billing.
Challenging but rewarding
Lead Ambulatory Patient Rep II (Current Employee), Rochester, NYJuly 26, 2013
Pros: supportive managment, good benefits
Cons: challenging patient situations, short staffed
A typical day involves interacting with patients, families and providers. patients and families often come in in a state of fear, pain and/or frustration, it is my job as a first point of contact to stay calm and be reassuring to patients and sometimes advocate for patient care to providers.

1 2 3