Strong Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

fun place to work
Patient Safety Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NY 14642May 21, 2017
it is a nice atmosphere to where at with a lot of diversity and positive energy , when working there I enjoyed and I particulary like the patient centeredness of strong.
Remittance Processor (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 19, 2017
It is a great place to start your career. the department I am in is a pleasure to work for. gave a recent graduate life myself a chance to get my career started.
Level II Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 17, 2017
Great place to work as a Staff RN. Benefits are great, the hardest part of the jobs is the work/life balance. Going from day to night shift puts a toll on your life. Most of the staff are friendly and great to work with. Always putting patients first which is awesome!
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
changing shifts
The Job
Vascular Access Nurse (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 10, 2017
It is a good company to work for. Wish the pay was a little higher for LPN's. Nice job to get your foot in the door. After a year they help pay for furthering you education. They encourage you to go on to whatever you want to do.
Pros
Good company to work for
Cons
pay for LPN's not the greatest
Best company to work for!
Senior Medical Records Coder (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMay 2, 2017
URMC is the best company to work for. Every campus has an amazing and comforting environment. They have great benefits for employees. It is a huge company and there is always room for advancement.
Very busy and rewarding
Supervisor for Environmental Services (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 29, 2017
amazing place to work. a great personal growth position that teaches you many things about life. Days can be stressful but seeing people at their finest is very rewarding.
Pros
Learn about life
Cons
Stressful environment
Productive and well organized
Research Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYApril 23, 2017
I learned many things about data entry and how stress hormones can effect gestation. I learned about child development and how to do visits with the children. It was an interesting and educational experience.
ok company
Patient Care Technician (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 26, 2017
ok company to work for pay is ok scheduling is difficult depending on what department you work for. great coffee at the coffee shop over priced food in the cafe
A great place to work with a community of people
Outpatient Access Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYMarch 10, 2017
Glad I am working at Strong Hospital. A lot of opportunity to grow and advance. Its a great work environment and you feel more of a family than just being a co-worker.
Work at strong
Floor Technician (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYFebruary 22, 2017
This is a great place to work for anyone looking to settle down in a company to retire. The manangement structure in place makes it easy to communicate with staff to for anything needed.

Want to know more about Strong Memorial Hospital?

Ask a question
i love my job
Diet Clerk (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 30, 2017
I actually like my job. location convenience, benefits, apart of a union. Very diverse, people are friendly and there is ALWAYS room for advancement..
I make a difference to someone's life everyday.
Ambassador (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 30, 2017
A typical day at work for me requires answering phone calls. Doing wheel chair transports for patients getting back in forth to there appointments. Giving out directions to the different areas in the hospital, lending out loaner pagers,and logging items in and out of are correspondent log. Working at strong hospital makes me remember how valuable life is. I am so grateful to have my health. The management here is pretty fair, my bosses usually try to accommodate everyone's needs when the can. The hardest part of my job is to walk a family member up to there loved one who is not doing to well. The most enjoyable part of my day is to put a smile on the visitors face, by just saying something sweet or funny.
Pros
Great benefits, Diversed workplace, beautiful facility
Cons
The employee parking lots are almost a mile away from the job.
Fast Paced Prefessional Work Environment
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 12, 2017
Deliver medications to patients in a 1000+ bed hospital. Fill prescriptions as directed by Pharmacists. Major team effort at all times was necessary.
excellent
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 9, 2017
This would be an exciting and interesting experience for anyone interested in the medical field. We see a variety of patients in all departments.
Low oportunity for advancement
Release of Information Secretary (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 4, 2017
I liked the location of this hospital. I walked to work regularly. Sometimes the communication was slow to flow from top to bottom at this facility.
Pros
close to my home
Cons
Management not willing to help employees solve problems
Meh
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYNovember 17, 2016
Properly sets up equipment, positions patient and determines proper x-ray exposure in order to produce a high quality radiograph. Able to effectively work in all areas of diagnostic radiology including a designated specialty area.
Translates x-ray requisitions in order to verify patient name, date and appropriate exam. Understands and practices the duel identifier system.
Produces quality work in a timely manner.
Accepts constrictive suggestions about work related tasks and makes changes to improve.
Notifies immediate supervisor and/or Hospital Imaging Engineers of equipment malfunctions.
Maintains appropriate inventory of supplies in the x-ray rooms.
Maintains patient record keeping by properly using the RIS system. Properly identifies images.
Handles all radiologic equipment safely and properly including the PACS/CR and DR systems.
Assists with the training of new techs.
Capable of working independently and rotating thru the on-call schedules.
Pros
Ample overtime available
Cons
Crazy shifts, Not enough training
its a good first time job to work at
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 15, 2016
I have been working in the food service department for 5 years in march 2017 and i love my job. I am ready to explore other options and go up a bar in the work field is all.
Pros
good benefits
Its a medical institution
Per Diem Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 22, 2016
I loved working in CPEP and it is difficult because it is a medical institution. They have great benefit but treat their non medical employees as such.
interestimg
Utilization Review Nurse (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYAugust 16, 2016
If you think you got away from the pettiness of floor nursing think again. All jobs come with politics and just need to be navigated. I believe the leaders are trying their best
Strong hospital is a clean and professional place to work
Ambassador and guest services/ social work (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 21, 2016
A typical day at work for me consist of greeting patients, staff, and visitors. looking up inpatient locations, outpatient appointment listings, answering phone calls and assisting with wheelchair transports. Here at my job I've learned to deal with all different types of behavior, whether the patient/visitors are sad, angry, anxious, sarcastic,etc...The management here is awesome in my opinion because they always get back to my needs and a timely fashion. All of my co-workers are team players, the hardest part of my day is to hear about a trauma coming in, I take pride in showing sympathy for the patients love ones and getting them comfortable and familiar with procedures. Once the patients and visitors are in good hands then I know I did my job and that's the most enjoyable part of my day.
Pros
Diversity, benefits, clean
Cons
Employee parking

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Strong Memorial Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval