STS Employee Reviews

Excellent employer with flexible work schedule
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Huntingdon and MIfflin counties, PAMay 25, 2017
STS offers educators the option to create a customized work week within area school districts. As a substitute teacher with STS, an employee accepts the responsibility to implement lesson plans provided by the regular classroom teacher. Classroom management, teaching and interacting with students at a variety of grade levels provides opportunity for professional growth and creativity. Since a substitute teacher's schedule is dynamic and unpredictable, the job is always challenging and inspires the need to remain flexible and to continue to develop new skill sets and knowledge. It permits educators not only to educate but also to gain education insights.
no support or job security
Clinical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMay 23, 2017
There was is no support or recognition of how hard you work. You don't have a budget to get things for the children in the program. not a safe place..
Pros
close to everything
A lot of work with challenging career in locating.
Utility Auditor and Field Trainer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 22, 2017
Management does not keep employees informed of new in house postions. I had many different jobs in a day to day work. I may start off doing Audits then be called to help retrain a locator in records. Some days I might purge a man hole and do Damage Investigation and Field train new employees.
Pros
Plenty of work.
Cons
No room for advancing in company.
Work with clients set up delivery appointment schedule, meeting
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 13, 2017
I like to been involved with all about work so I spent time with everyone to learn every individual job help me lot keep time for help with work if I have to stay longer at work to cover or finish at project don't bother me I do to keep my job always great
Cons
Not insurance
Good Caterpillar run company
Assembly Technician (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILMay 8, 2017
Caterpillar run company, set hours, set jobs, had good knowledge of the jobs I had to do. Good pay and insurance. Regret leaving the company but less work now for the company
Does not take care of their empolyees
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Lockhart, TXApril 28, 2017
They need to pay their empolyee better and pay them on the holiday breaks the did not care that the drivers try do jobs why they do because they love to transport kids
Great help from human resources
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Aston, PAApril 2, 2017
Being with STS has done wonders to help further my career as a teacher. They make finding work so easy, and working your own days definitely is a plus.
Pros
work your own days
injoyed working on the project.
Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  Chandlersville, OHMarch 4, 2017
Typical day: Construction project focused on safety and construction progress in a safe manner, emphasizing that every one needs to look out for the other worker and speak up if they have any safety concerns.
Learned: I learned to be more meticulous on issues during the project construction.
Management: Was good to inform workers of events that were going to take place during day. Informing workers of possible restricted area do the nature of work being done in that area.
Workplace Culture: The construction project carried a positive nature throughout duration of the project. At the end everyone came away with a science of pride in the work that was accomplished.
Hard part of job: Keeping up to date with the paper work, making sure it was complete, accrete and handed in on time.
Most enjoyable: Meeting and working with new people.
Pros
alway at the end of the week there were safe work awards
Cons
Dust control, Could have done a better jobe of keeping the consturction dust down.
i was a worker
Craftsman/Welder (Former Employee) –  La Porte, TXJanuary 25, 2017
I traveled a lot and got to see new places which is always fun its like getting paid to travel. get to work with some great people and learn new things
Team Work
STS Orientation Leader Department (Current Employee) –  TexasJanuary 24, 2017
I try to be a leader with my coworkers and stablished good communication with them. the most enjoyable part of my job is when all of us work together.
Pros
good payment
Cons
No Pay holidays
Good work enviornment.
BRANCH MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Jackson, NJJanuary 20, 2017
Great salary, no flexibility in schedule. While working here i went through an ownership change, and had to go through a great deal of changes with company. The new micromanagment approach does not sit well with a great deal of staff.
great place
Aircraft Support Mechanic-Paint Hangar (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA 30354January 11, 2017
Great place to work. Great pay, hours and benefits. Overall just great place to work. Good job experience obtained here.
It's a great field
Avionics Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 11, 2016
It's a great job but you learn a lot,working with all types of people,and different equipment,and putting all together and the system works good.
Fun Place to work
Sr Report Developer & Analyst (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALDecember 6, 2016
Fun to work with team
Friendly management
Challenging work
Working with different members from different projects
Developed challenging reports
Company improvement
Camp Boss (Former Employee) –  Yanbu al bahr royal commissionNovember 2, 2016
STS is a Excellent company. It is from Oman. and company deals only for the construction and it gives good salary and accomadation.
Pros
total food accommodation and house rental
Cons
healthcare, transportation
I worked with some really great guys there.
Mechanic Technician (Former Employee) –  Herlong, CAAugust 23, 2016
Despite some of the difficult work conditions, I worked with a great team of guys. I am still surprised with some of the miracles that we pulled off refurbishing that equipment that had been sitting untouched for so long. We really did work some magic.
Pros
good paychecks and coworkers
Cons
unrealistic expectations at times
excellent company
Manager/Owner (Former Employee) –  Norristown, PAAugust 9, 2016
I enjoyed working for STS. The company no longer exists due to its acquisition last year by Mavis Tire.Great benefits and a pay.Along with qualified people with a excellent drive to exceed all goals.The company was a employed own company.Which allowed employees to achieve their retirement goals.
Pros
execellent benefits
Cons
STS allowed themselves to be bought out
Work was performed in old substandard hangars in Lake City.
Aircraft Electrician (Former Employee) –  Lake City, FLJuly 16, 2016
Not a bad company to work for. They are a contractor. So, little in the way of benefits and future. They have a set schedule and a set budget.
Average contract house
A&P mechanic (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 6, 2016
Low-ball you on pay.
Keep you away from your home area.
Discriminate and won't submit you to jobs you want and are qualified for.
When you return from per diem break they cut your pay.
Poor communication with recruiter.
Will not protect you if get abused by client management when out on job location.
Will not help you to advance your career.
was a great place until mavis bought it
MASTER TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Schnecksville, PAJune 28, 2016
mavis discount tire bought sts while i worked there. they cut are overtime and changed are commission program so now i work twice as hard for half as much money. they push u to sell things customers don't want and their management of the company is horrible.
Pros
health benifits
Cons
low pay and bad management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at STS. Our community is ready to answer.