In the earliest days of the electrical age, a young company set out with the vision of helping build the infrastructure that would bring electricity to the rural South. That company was Irby.
Today, Irby is setting out with a new vision: to change the role of the electrical distributor from that of a bid-based provider of electrical products to that of a high-value partner, providing total electrical solutions.
An Irby relationship is all about giving customers the greatest long-term value. We focus on providing the lowest overall cost of doing business, not just the lowest price on a particular product. Clearly, a high-value relationship with Irby will save you more than low-bid relationships with multiple vendors.
As your supply chain partner, we arm you with the technological and human resources you need to make your supply chain more efficient. Our team works with your team on a daily basis to help you solve problems and achieve goals. This team approach has helped Irby customers to succeed since 1926. And we can do the same for you today.
- Handles phone-in customers with pleasant telephone etiquette and courtesy.
- Greets walk-in customer to acknowledge presence and help as expediently as possible.
- Assists customer with appropriate product selection and take sales order.
- Picks items from warehouse inventory and bring to customer at counter or will-call area.
- Prepares cash or charge sales ticket and apply appropriate customer pricing structure.
- Collects customer payment or complete charge authorization.
- Loads customer materials.
- Handles difficult situations with customers and others at work with diplomacy.
- Seeks assistance, guidance or decision-making from management when needed.
- Resolves customer complaints and order problems promptly.
- Keeps counter area and show room displays clean, organized and stocked with inventory.
- Enhance show room sales by rotating stock, creating displays and in-house product promotions.
- Promotes and sells branch and company-wide product promotions.
- Continues product and customer service training.
- Requires daily use of internal email/and other communication systems to keep current in job knowledge, with changes in company business policies or practices, and to ensure timely receival of information to resolve customer problems or to provide internal/external follow-up.
- Provides assistance to warehouse operations, as needed.
- Answers incoming phone lines, as needed.
- Attend sales meetings, product and sells training, as requested by manager, company or vendors.
- Performs other duties as assigned or directed by manager.
- High School Diploma/Equivalency or higher.
- Prior electrical product experience highly desired
- One year minimum industry related experience, such as; warehouse, product, purchasing, projects or combination of experience and training in one or more areas.
Job Speific Qualifications:
- Ability to speak, read and write proficiently in english.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to calculate figures, such as, discounts and percentages.
- Skilled in data entry.
- Knowledge of electrical products to make selection for customer.
- Skilled in use of current version MS Office products (Outlook, Exel and Word).
- Ability to effectively communicate information and present ideas and solutions to customer.
- Maintains strong customer service skills and inter-personal communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Keeps the Company’s best interest in mind while performing job.
- Maintains confidentiality of proprietary and sensitive business information.
- Exercises safety in all aspects of carrying out job responsibilities.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Combination of frequent standing at counter and sitting at work area.
Ability to lift and carry heavy objects, up to 50lb, frequently, up to 100lb occasionally, with full motion range. Occassional climbing, bending and stooping.
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment with continuous movement on foot from counter to warehouse areas.
- Requires close vision with computer and paperwork, distant vision and color vision for product selection, peripheral vision and depth perception for safety in warehouse and building.
- Requires ability to clearly hear conversations in-person and by phone.
Light industrial office and work areas. Hard standing and walking surfaces. Fluctuation in building temperatures. Safety sensitive areas in warehouse. Moderate to high noise level.
401k Plan with matching, Health Insurance (medical, dental, and vision), Paid Vacation, Paid Sick, Paid Personal, Paid Holidays, Flexible Spending Accounts (Health and Dependent Care), Employee Assistance Program, Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Discounts and more!
Irby is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V