In the earliest days of the electrical age, a young company set out with the vision of helping build the infrastructure that would bring electricity to the rural South. That company was Irby.
Today, Irby is setting out with a new vision: to change the role of the electrical distributor from that of a bid-based provider of electrical products to that of a high-value partner, providing total electrical solutions.
An Irby relationship is all about giving customers the greatest long-term value. We focus on providing the lowest overall cost of doing business, not just the lowest price on a particular product. Clearly, a high-value relationship with Irby will save you more than low-bid relationships with multiple vendors.
As your supply chain partner, we arm you with the technological and human resources you need to make your supply chain more efficient. Our team works with your team on a daily basis to help you solve problems and achieve goals. This team approach has helped Irby customers to succeed since 1926. And we can do the same for you today.
Accountable for leading a world class credit operations for the business to business credit granting process in N. American segmented region, including the application of credit policy and monitoring credit reviews, optimizing bad debt loss; responsible for $50 Million plus portfolio, inclusive of over 2,000 accounts, which includes Industrial and Commercial Contractor customers. Leads, manages and measures department performance, and provides ongoing training, which protect and reduce credit risk; responsible for all special reporting to Director of Credit on multi-million credit limits and customers who exceed standard terms. Responsible for compliancy in your region of all policies and procedures associated with Credit Risk, SOX, and internal narrative controls.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Reviews delinquent account records to determine that customers are being effectively contacted for collection of overdue accounts.
- Monitors collection workload according to degree and amount of delinquency and assigns tasks to support staff.
- Authorizes or refers accounts to attorneys for legal actions against debtors or third party collectors.
- Manages collection activities in difficult cases.
- Communicates efficiently and effectively both orally and written’
- Strong background in Customer relationships. Building and maintaining -- this is big!!!
- Examines work for exactness, neatness, and conformance to policies and procedures.
- Trains credit and collection personnel.
- Responsible for verifying and processing release of liens.
- Authorize adjustments such as service charges and discounts on customer accounts.
- Builds relationships with branch managers with reoccurring branch reviews to include quarterly in person reviews.
- Must have solid track record of working with Sales team, Customers and Branch Manager's
- CONSTRUCTION / LIENS BACKGROUND
- Bachelor’s Degree and 4 - 7 years’ experience
- Background in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, Credit scoring, Bankruptcy Laws, Developing Credit Policy, Credit Risk, Accounts Receivable processes; D&B and Equifax reporting, Financial Reporting, Credit Analysis, B2B Credit, Retail Industry exp. Preferred
- Excellent Word, Excel, Outlook, and use of the Internet. Credit scoring systems software strongly preferred. Eclipse exp. preferred. Credit, D&B and Equifax and other credit reporting, Business Information Reports, Analyze complex Company Financial statements, Statistics, credit analysis techniques
- Exceptional knowledge of concepts and procedures relative to Credit Risk Management.
- Ability to evaluate credit risk & decision making at a high level.
- Demonstrated excellence in conflict management, problem resolution, negotiation, influence and persuasion skills.
- Able to present risk analysis clearly & cogently to Sr Mgt
- Build strong cross-functional partnerships
- Project Management, a plus
401k Plan with matching, Health Insurance (medical, dental, and vision), Paid Vacation, Paid Sick, Paid Personal, Paid Holidays, Flexible Spending Accounts (Health and Dependent Care), Employee Assistance Program, Tuition Reimbursement, Employee Discounts and more!
Irby is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V
Indeed - 16 months ago
Stuart C. Irby Co. has the largest inventory available among our competitors along the Gulf Coast. The Irby Company has branches located in...