Stuart Weitzman Employee Reviews

Great company
OPERATIONS ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 16, 2018
I really enjoyed my time at Stuart Weitzman. Although my position as a stock associate was heavy labor they made sure you were compensated for your hard work.

The only downside of it all is some of the people in the work environment which would lead to unnecessary situations in the work place some of which were very unprofessional.
Competitive selling enviornment
Sales Associate/Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 27, 2017
Great company however I am not interested in pursuing a retail career. I would like to excel into an entry level position where I can demonstrate my skills while also develop in them.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
No oppurtunity for growth
Terrible Corporate
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CAOctober 17, 2017
Corporate does not care about employees. Used to be a great company before COACH took over the company. Now the culture is terrible, CEO and Head Of Stores are both tyrants.
Great culture!
Sale Associate/Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJuly 22, 2017
The brand is great with supporting the associates with a number of different stories and facts about Stuart and the company that we all love sharing with customers!
Trendy Retailer
HR Service Center Specialist- Benefits (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 20, 2017
Good retail perks, limited resources for resolving employee issues. Culture was OK. Flexible work life balance. Lacked clear processes, diverse group.
Pros
Retail Perks
Cons
Lack of cohesiveness
Fun company with many perks
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 9, 2017
Very fun,laid back and easy going place to work. Many perks including designer bags and shoes for fraction of the cost. Recently bought out by Coach and their is a lot still up in the air as far as job security is concerned.
Pros
Free shoes and bags
Cons
Currenty going through a buy out and a lot of moving pieces creates unstability.
Loved this job
Brand Specialist (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 19, 2017
Lots of freedom and creativity, ability to travel, work with cool people, feel like part of something bigger than myself. Unfortunately this position was eliminated.
Easy job where a lot of money can be made
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 5, 2017
While the job itself is easy, it is physically demanding and can be slow at times. In the fall months, a lot of money can be made though and by far makes up for the other parts of the year.
Pros
High commission rate
Cons
Healthcare
productive work place
Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  BroadwayMarch 17, 2017
It is a laid back yet professional atmosphere. Great for students who are looking for part time work as well as persons with sales back rounds since they offer commission based salaries.
Fun and challenging opportunity
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 3, 2017
Great company to work for, I enjoyed it very much. Great staff and positive work environment as well as wonderful management and team. Maintaining professionalism, compliance with standards, providing product information, identifying customer needs & locating merchandise in inventory. Maintaining & continually developing personal clientele & relationships using client book, maintaining client communication, following up on orders & deliveries.
Pros
Fantastic sales experience and great staff to work with.
This was a wonderful company to work for over the past five years.
Director, Architectural Group (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 3, 2017
I began with Stuart Weitzman in 2011 when there were a total of 46 employees within the corporate office. Upon my separation, there was a total of 146 and had been acquired by another company.
The environment had changed drastically and there were many employees who were let go due to this buy out.
Change is the only constant in both personal and professional life and I will continue to be positive and work with those changes.
Growing company, but lots of changes
Sales Professional (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 22, 2016
-Only few are promoted within
-LOTS of management and corporate changes
-once Stuart steps down company is going to go south
-Not the same since Coach bought the company in 2015
Great staff
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 11, 2016
Working at Weitzman is a great opportunity to manage and grow you own business as you are paid solely by commission. It teaches responsibility and how to maximize each customer that walks in the door cause again, every item you sell a percentage goes into your pocket.
Pros
Good team, detailed product information, great pay
Cons
sometimes you are asked to stay longer than your shift
Fun work place with great benefits
Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYSeptember 2, 2016
Its a very slow type of environmental store. Being that its a luxury shoe store, not many people walk in but when they do they usually don't buy due to its very high price, but that's okay. In our store is usually a hit or miss in terms of customers buying shoes and making our daily goal which we do make majority of the times. I learned how to be more communicative and more courteous. Management is good and my co-workers are awesome. the most enjoyable part of the job is probably the one hour break i get. There isn't really any hard parts of the job its really easy.
Pros
One hour breaks
Cons
Very slow-paced
It is well known Brand
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLNovember 29, 2015
This Company offers good benefits and I enjoyed working there making relationships with my customers.

I got experience doing clinteling and with a learship role reaching all company goals.

The hardest part of my time was when they merged with another company and reduced employees.
Pros
Awards and bonuses
Stuart Weitzman is overall a great company to work for.
Sales Professional (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 10, 2015
Stuart Weitzan has a great corporate team. They work really close with the retail stores.

If you enjoy selling, work hard and are efficient you will be successful at Stuart Weitzman.
Pros
Great Culture
Cons
Could not think of any.
Fun, fast paced environment requiring people skills
Sales (Former Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CANovember 5, 2014
Great company to be a part of if you enjoy working with people. I learned what women love most about shopping is feeling good in what they want to purchase. Small store allowed me to get really close to my coworkers on a personal lever but it is a very competitive sales floor that can sometimes cause tension. The hardest part of the job is that there is seniority there that is used against the newer employees when it came to clients. Overall the job was a lot of fun and as a shoe fanatic, I had a passion for working with great shoes.
Pros
shoe allowances
Cons
small store meant a lot of tension in competions
Make Your Own Paycheck
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 21, 2014
- entirely commission based so you determine your own paycheck depending on how hard you work
- quality product with fun meetings to learn about new collections
- very nice co-workers, not a shark environment at all
Pros
team dinners
Cons
slow seasons
Great people and fun environment , but the pay wasn't good.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  New YorkAugust 5, 2014
I like working with people, and this position at Stuart Weitzman helped me to gain more costumer service experience. I am hard working and always try to do my best at work.
Very Mundane
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 22, 2014
Manage the day to day activities of a 4 million dollar store on Madison Avenue.
The hardest part of my day to day job would be abating to the change of a small owned company to a corporate company