Stuart Weitzman Employee Reviews

Fun work place with great benefits
Stock Associate (Current Employee) –  Garden City, NYSeptember 2, 2016
Its a very slow type of environmental store. Being that its a luxury shoe store, not many people walk in but when they do they usually don't buy due to its very high price, but that's okay. In our store is usually a hit or miss in terms of customers buying shoes and making our daily goal which we do make majority of the times. I learned how to be more communicative and more courteous. Management is good and my co-workers are awesome. the most enjoyable part of the job is probably the one hour break i get. There isn't really any hard parts of the job its really easy.
Pros
One hour breaks
Cons
Very slow-paced
This was a wonderful company to work for over the past five years.
Director, Architectural Group (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 3, 2017
I began with Stuart Weitzman in 2011 when there were a total of 46 employees within the corporate office. Upon my separation, there was a total of 146 and had been acquired by another company.
The environment had changed drastically and there were many employees who were let go due to this buy out.
Change is the only constant in both personal and professional life and I will continue to be positive and work with those changes.
Growing company, but lots of changes
Sales Professional (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNDecember 22, 2016
-Only few are promoted within
-LOTS of management and corporate changes
-once Stuart steps down company is going to go south
-Not the same since Coach bought the company in 2015
Great staff
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 11, 2016
Working at Weitzman is a great opportunity to manage and grow you own business as you are paid solely by commission. It teaches responsibility and how to maximize each customer that walks in the door cause again, every item you sell a percentage goes into your pocket.
Pros
Good team, detailed product information, great pay
Cons
sometimes you are asked to stay longer than your shift
It is well known Brand
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLNovember 29, 2015
This Company offers good benefits and I enjoyed working there making relationships with my customers.

I got experience doing clinteling and with a learship role reaching all company goals.

The hardest part of my time was when they merged with another company and reduced employees.
Pros
Awards and bonuses
Great place to work, team and sales oriented
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNMay 21, 2013
I enjoyed working at Stuart Weitzman, it was a great company that provided lots of perks and incentives for their employees to work-hard. It was also a close knit environment that focused on team-work and achieving personal sales goals.
Pros
Great incentives, great benefits for employees
Cons
No stability
Stuart Weitzman is overall a great company to work for.
Sales Professional (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 10, 2015
Stuart Weitzan has a great corporate team. They work really close with the retail stores.

If you enjoy selling, work hard and are efficient you will be successful at Stuart Weitzman.
Pros
Great Culture
Cons
Could not think of any.
Challenging yet rewarding
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 16, 2013
Resolving customer service issues, team managment/coaching/training, along with providing world class knowledge of product, merchandising, and stock keep were amongst some of my daily duties.

I learned a vast amount of management, strategization, merchandising, organizational & human relations skills during my time with Stuart Weitzman.

Co-workers were great sources of information and were easy to work with.

The hardest part of my job was to go back and forth from store to store to manage. This mandatory fact, challenged my ability to manage time effectively & strategize my actions to procure the desired outcome in sales and performance required to successully fulfill my position.

The most enjoyable piece of my job was making the clients happy and hearing their delight in their voice when speaking to them over the phone or assisting them with their favorite shoe in person!
Pros
bonuses, ability to grow
Cons
endless hours at work, staff turn over/re-hire
Fun, fast paced environment requiring people skills
Sales (Former Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CANovember 5, 2014
Great company to be a part of if you enjoy working with people. I learned what women love most about shopping is feeling good in what they want to purchase. Small store allowed me to get really close to my coworkers on a personal lever but it is a very competitive sales floor that can sometimes cause tension. The hardest part of the job is that there is seniority there that is used against the newer employees when it came to clients. Overall the job was a lot of fun and as a shoe fanatic, I had a passion for working with great shoes.
Pros
shoe allowances
Cons
small store meant a lot of tension in competions
Very productive workplace and I still talk to my bosses after being gone for seven years. I learned so much and I am forever in gratitude
WAREHOUSE LEAD (Former Employee) –  Westbury, NYMay 15, 2014
A typical day at work was challenging and refreshing. Plenty of work to do and a no nonsense boss who was also loving and nurturing. I was taught how to run a warehouse effectively and how to please my bosses and although I was told when I messed up , I was not put down or talked down to. Harsh critique is fine with me as long as its fair. Sometimes its fair and sometimes its not fair but at the end of the day, we were there to get a job done and that's what needed to happen. Work comes before pleasure and you have to be able to stand a boss wanting the job done. I respect that I understand that"s what creates job security for myself and my co workers and it creates company longevity. The job was enjoyable because every day I was learning something new and working hard. I loved it. I was there for eleven years before they moved the company. A great experience and helped me to see the business world much clearer.
Pros
Free lunch during inventory periods(twice a year), Learned a lot from knowledgeable people
Cons
Don't have a negative thing to say
Productive and fun work environment.
Personal Assistant/ Showroom model (Current Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 2, 2013
I am a freelance personal assistant and showroom foot model during quarterly FFANY shows for a very busy account executive. Responsibilities included show room maintenance, Client hospitality, data entry, Product demonstrations, Image cataloguing, General correspondence with related departments and General assistance to the Account executive. The environment is always pleasant, The work is rewarding and there is always room for growth.
productive work place, company provided coffee machine, microwave and refrigerator.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 23, 2013
A typical day would be me opening and cleaning the store by myself, counting inventory and recording it on inventory log, go over daily minutes, report store income from last night and weekly income, answering phone calls from other stores and customers, filling out outgoing and ingoing shipments, check e-mails.
After store was open I would attend walk in customers and start promoting store with clients via phone calls and e-mails.
You interact with employees and customers and make as much sales as you can without pushing a customer always aiming to find something in their interests.
I enjoyed interacting with people and multitasking. I was lucky enough to be among great co-workers.
Pros
got paid hourly if you didnt't meet sales goal
Cons
no steady hours, low compensation, very little brand promotion
Name that sells itself
Sales Associate/Keyholder (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 26, 2014
Great company as the shoes sell themselves. Loyal customers. Tough to make commission sometimes when business is slow. Not much room for advancement within the company.
Make Your Own Paycheck
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 21, 2014
- entirely commission based so you determine your own paycheck depending on how hard you work
- quality product with fun meetings to learn about new collections
- very nice co-workers, not a shark environment at all
Pros
team dinners
Cons
slow seasons
Good job at school
STOCK MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 29, 2014
It was a good job to have during school. They worked with school hours and it was a relaxed atmosphere.
Great people and fun environment , but the pay wasn't good.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  New YorkAugust 5, 2014
I like working with people, and this position at Stuart Weitzman helped me to gain more costumer service experience. I am hard working and always try to do my best at work.
Very Mundane
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 22, 2014
Manage the day to day activities of a 4 million dollar store on Madison Avenue.
The hardest part of my day to day job would be abating to the change of a small owned company to a corporate company
Great learning opportunity and fun, fast paced environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALOctober 31, 2012
I started at Stuart Weitzman as a receptionist and quickly exceeded the job requirements. I asked for extra work, to learn the customer service procedures, any special projects that would give me more of a challenge. I was promoted to Customer Service right away. We processed orders, returns, chargebacks, and aided the sales person we were assigned to. Each day required monitoring of orders that were approaching cancel dates, had not shipped from our production facilities in Spain, email correspondence between sales and buyers, etc. We created a customer specific "bible" detailing the style of shoe, the heel height, material, accessories, etc. and maintained and updated following every market. Each shoe could be produced in hundreds of different combinations and this "bible" was very important in that it was uploaded and sent to production and had to be accurate. I again was promoted to include 2 of our VIP customers, Macy's West and Bloomingdale's. I also worked with our Vice President on our Open Stock program. I was responsible for the buy each week to refill any stock for each of our styles that were kept on hand in Long Island. These styles could be reordered as they were and filled from stock. Any other reorders required a lengthier ship window based on the component combinations the customer requested. Our open stock had to be maintained having enough stock available for the department stores we worked with as well as the 30+ Stuart Weitzman Boutiques, while also not overstocking these styles. The hardest part of the job was creating and maintaining the "bibles" for each  more... customer. It wasn't really a hard part but a very tedious part as each customer had their own "bible" and the same shoe could be detailed in so many different combinations and was customer specific. The most enjoyable part of the job was what was called culling the shoes. This is where Stuart would go through every shoe each season and we would give feedback and he would cull the shoes that would not be produced, the shoes that would be offered as open stock, made only one way and the shoes that would be exclusive for each of the department stores.  less
Pros
received 2 free pair of open stock shoes each season for a total of 4 pairs a year, great discount
Cons
n/a
Super divertido
Costumer Service/Servicio al Cliente Bilingue (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 21, 2014
Fue uno de mis mejores trabajos que he tenido tanto en el ambiente laboral como el emocional mi antigua jefa es de las personas mas honesta y comprensivas
Pros
si seguro medico
Cons
solo medio tiempo