Student Transportation Of America

Student Transportation Of America Employee Reviews

Perfect job for a parent or retiree
School Bus Driver (Current Employee), Bradford, NHJuly 22, 2015
Pros: Bring your children with you
Cons: Expensive insurance
A great place to be able to take your child(ren) with you to work. They expect you to be available at the drop of a dime and flexibility is a must. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is primarily due to lack of leadership, experience of management, and lack of knowledge.
great staff support
Bus Driver (Current Employee), Riverside, CAJuly 19, 2015
Pros: working with children
Cons: too much time off
great place to work, awesome staff support, and excellent training. friendly co-workers, and team work. dispatch is very supportive on the road issues. company events, and appreciation weeks.
Fun employees to work with, fulfilling career.
Bus Driver (Former Employee), Alexander, NYJuly 14, 2015
Pros: Enjoyable work
Cons: Minimal Hours
Working with children makes for a fulfilling career, Friendly atmosphere, knowledgeable staff. The company provides a very detailed training program that ensures you are equipped with all the right tools to succeed.
I ENJOY MY JOB
Bus Driver (Current Employee), Saint Paul, MNJuly 10, 2015
TRANSPORTING KIDS CAN BE VERY INTERESTING. IT IS A GREAT EXPERIENCE DEALING WITH MANY DIFFERENT ETHNIC BACKGROUNDS.GREAT JOB FOR SOMEONE THAT LOVES TO MULTI-TASK
Opportunity to grow
Manager, Dispatcher, Trainer, School bus driver (Former Employee), Ledyard, New London, and GuilfordJuly 1, 2015
I enjoyed working for STA. I was able to work various jobs for STA and was able to grow professionally because of my experience with STA.
This job is a great job, just a lot of hard parts about it.
Bus Attendant (Current Employee), palmdale, caMay 20, 2015
Pros: love working with the students. laid back, work lunches often, raffles, parties
Cons: not enough hours, no overtime, low pay and costly benefits, off for hoidays with little pay from EDD
I like my job, its just not a job to be comfortable with. I do live pay check to pay check working here. If this were a second job or retirement then it would be great. Oh, and it is also a job that will hold you until you find something better. The co workers are OKAY. A lot of them act like high school students so it is best to keep to yourself to stay away from drama. The hardest part of the job is actually working with all of the holidays and no pay and no advancing positions.
It's a nice place to work
School Bus Driver (Current Employee), Portersville, PAFebruary 2, 2015
Pros: i like to see the kids every day
Cons: not enough money and no good benefits
My co-workers are very nice. We all help each other out. They start the buses in the winter time. The terminal manager is very nice too and gets along with everyone.
good place to work if going to school
Bus Driver (Current Employee), riverside, caJanuary 19, 2015
Get up early pre-trip bus, pick up children and take to school. There is 3-5 hour break depending on the route you get. This could be good or bad. I used this time to attend classes.
Fun Workplace Environment
Bus Driver (Current Employee), Alexander, NYNovember 15, 2014
Pros: paid training, great atmosphere, free company gear.
Cons: low hours
Overall STA is a company dedicated to escorting children to school safely, the fun-loving people who are at the forefront of the company smile and proudly do their jobs. Management pays attention to every detail, answers questions promptly, and isn't afraid to let you know if you have done something exceptional. The most enjoyable part of the job is, by far, the children we transport.
Nonfriendly, unwilling to listen to staff
Monitor Trainer/Driver (Current Employee), Bradford, NHOctober 15, 2014
Pros: bring your children with you
Cons: poor management
I believe that upper management has allowed STA-Bradford to be lost in the wind. Numerous people have gone to management with problems and concerns and they are told its fine and to go about their job. The plus side is you are allowed to take you children with you to work; however, it depends on who you are.
Fast paced and growing company
Admin (Former Employee), Omaha, NEJune 13, 2014
A typical day consists of reviewing the challenges for the day and tackling each issue as it arises. I've learned a tremendous amount about the transportation industry as a whole. The most challenging aspect of this job is addressing and closing-out the high volume of calls that come-in each day.
not a good place to work
BUS DRIVER (Former Employee), Porterville, CAMay 18, 2014
there are not a lot of hours here at this job, and the management is not good at all.
fun work place
Monitor (Former Employee), Hanford, CAApril 29, 2014
Tied down the wheel chairs on the bus
Monitored the children to insure that they did not fight
Helped the children on and off of the bus
Just started
Bus Driver (Current Employee), Lancaster, CAApril 20, 2014
I have just started working for STA. So far I enjoy everyone and the work is something I enjoy doing.
nice place to be at
Bus Driver (Former Employee), Riverside, CAApril 10, 2014
Pros: flexable hours
Cons: traffic
drove students to school I learned how to deal with many different attitudes.
Driving in Lakewood
School Bus Driver (Former Employee), Lakewood, NJDecember 7, 2013
Its not easy Driving a School Bus in Lakewood.
Try to get them to send you to Wall, or Freehold.
School Days Keep me going.
School Bus / Van Driver (Current Employee), Bangor, PAAugust 2, 2013
Love working with all different types of students. Patience is a virtue and working with different personalities on a daily basis has given me high tolerance and great patience.
very comfortable and freindly enviroment
Bus Aide (Former Employee), Palmdale, CAApril 16, 2013
Pros: friendly enviroment
Cons: not enough working hours
every day is a challenge when working with special needs children.. I enjoyed my job very much. my co-workers were very easy to get along with and very helpful. evry day was a learning experience.
Work Envoirment
Operations Manager (Former Employee), Parsippany, NJFebruary 11, 2013
Pros: strong concept and culture for school transportation
Cons: needs to improve on some of the vp's concepts on management and loyatity.
I enjoyed the work experience learned during my time at STA. The company overall has a wonderful concepts and developments in student transportation and safety culture that was a pleasure to be part of, I love the driver's and the office personal that I was in charged of. Because STA allowed me the opportunity to incorpate the proper and most suitable staff together to make a while balances cultural terminal. And STA has a good life balance opportunity for both the Mangerment level and Mid-level Employee's.
loved driving the school bus
School Bus Driver (Former Employee), Riverside, CADecember 17, 2012
Pros: worked during hours when kids were in school
Cons: not enough hours
Had a great experiance working there. My daily days were picking up and dropping kids off at the schools and also at there homes after school. Co-workers were good people who helped who with the routes assigned to you.
Headquarters