Student Transportation Of America Employee Reviews in United States

Love, love, love this Company!
Driver/trainer (Current Employee) –  Alexander, NYJuly 21, 2016
STA is a great place to work. I have been with STA for about 2 years, and I am so happy to be a part of a amazing team. Our management team has no problem working side by side with us drivers, and are very knowledgeable when it comes to the job. Our mechanics are the best I have had the pleasure of working with in all my years driving bus, they treat the drivers with respect and they do everything possible to make sure our Buses go out safe without a complaint. The pay is not bad and the hours are great if you have kids or are just looking for part time. Definitely a happy bus driver again.
Pros
Great Company and work environment
I love working at this company
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 12, 2016
The bus driver/attendent's typical day can start out as early as 4:30am. Arrive at the terminal, pre-trip your bus; fuel if needed; pick up students and take to school. Clean your bus, do paperwork as required and take a break. Afternoon route is a repeat of the morning route in reverse. The hardest part of the job is getting up so early, but once you've gotten in the habit, it gets easier.
Pros
If you have children, you can take them with you; if your children are in school, you will have their same hours
Cons
If you are just starting out, you are at the bottom of the seniority list, and will only average about 20 hours a week
Company has excellent local management but lacks corporate support.
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, NHJuly 9, 2016
This job is very rewarding by the students you see each day. I enjoy greatly getting to meet these many students and transporting them back and forth to school.
Pros
The students
Cons
Very early mornings and low pay
The drivers are always playing golf, weather permitting, between mornings and afternoons.
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Coraopolis, PAMarch 19, 2016
Very pleasant to work for. Everyone was very welcoming to me joining their team in December. The days are split. Two and a half in the morning, two and a half in the afternoon.
Pros
steady part-time employment
Cons
No advancement
Pretty good company
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Higganum, CTJune 28, 2016
Would reccommend this company to family/friends. Have enjoyed my time here and feel it's a great environment. I would consider continuing to work for this company in a different location when and if I relocate
Great company to work for.
Liaison (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAMay 14, 2016
Love this company. Loved my job, loved the drivers, great customer. Hated to leave but had to. People dont quit their jobs, they quit their managers.
Pros
Skys the limit
Cons
Annie
Not a good place to work
bus driver (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 23, 2015
The most enjoyable part of my job is driving and interacting with the students.The children is the reason I stay on this job. They are awesome!

The hardest part of my job is dealing with management bullies and not getting paid for what I work for. This company consistently takes money from the employees every week. When I attempt to recover unpaid hours, I'm brushed off as if I'm the problem.

There is no professionalism, no confidentiality or respect for the employees. Your personnel file can be viewed by any staff member that works for STA. I know this is an at will state, therefore your boss can talk to you however he or she wishes. If you don't like it, you can leave.
Pros
You can bring your kids to work
Cons
Poor management skills, low morale, incompetent payroll
Keeps you on your toes at all times.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 8, 2016
Great company to work for! Majority of the staff are awesome! Some issues with some employees but most are very accountable and reliable.
Pros
Work life balance
Sta
Driver/ School Bus (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLApril 4, 2016
The job is easy and allows you to still have a life with the split shifts. Your children are able to come to work with you. The down fall is my location has a infestation issue
Pros
Easy Work
Cons
Summer Break
Staff Accountant
Staff Accountant (Current Employee) –  Goleta, CANovember 3, 2015
Santa Barbara, CA, office - Good HR & Payroll dept. Accounting dept needs major improvement - Finance Director lacks concern for increasing employee work load & process improvement. In 2015, 3 employees resigned from the SB Finance dept in the same month.
Pros
Good HR & Payroll depts.
Cons
Pay below average, with job offer repeatedly less than advertised. Benefits package ok, not great..
Very productive and enjoyed going to work everyday
OPERATIONS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Palmdale, CADecember 6, 2015
I started at a young age and learned so much and not just from the company but from the employees as well and that's part of being a people person and that's what I love being. In any job you can not be successful without having a strong team!!!
Perfect job for a parent or retiree
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Bradford, NHJuly 22, 2015
A great place to be able to take your child(ren) with you to work. They expect you to be available at the drop of a dime and flexibility is a must. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is primarily due to lack of leadership, experience of management, and lack of knowledge.
Pros
Bring your children with you
Cons
Expensive insurance
Challenging position for Student Transportation of America
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Saugus, CAJuly 22, 2015
Operations Manager for this company was challenging. The job changed day to day with the addition of new students being submitted to the routes. Driver turn over was another issue. The hours were long, sometimes without a break in the day.
Pros
Gas allowance
Cons
No breaks and long hours
This job is a great job, just a lot of hard parts about it.
Bus Attendant (Current Employee) –  palmdale, caMay 20, 2015
I like my job, its just not a job to be comfortable with. I do live pay check to pay check working here. If this were a second job or retirement then it would be great. Oh, and it is also a job that will hold you until you find something better. The co workers are OKAY. A lot of them act like high school students so it is best to keep to yourself to stay away from drama. The hardest part of the job is actually working with all of the holidays and no pay and no advancing positions.
Pros
love working with the students. laid back, work lunches often, raffles, parties
Cons
not enough hours, no overtime, low pay and costly benefits, off for hoidays with little pay from EDD
Fun employees to work with, fulfilling career.
Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Alexander, NYJuly 14, 2015
Working with children makes for a fulfilling career, Friendly atmosphere, knowledgeable staff. The company provides a very detailed training program that ensures you are equipped with all the right tools to succeed.
Pros
Enjoyable work
Cons
Minimal Hours
great staff support
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAJuly 19, 2015
great place to work, awesome staff support, and excellent training. friendly co-workers, and team work. dispatch is very supportive on the road issues. company events, and appreciation weeks.
Pros
working with children
Cons
too much time off
Opportunity to grow
Manager, Dispatcher, Trainer, School bus driver (Former Employee) –  Ledyard, New London, and GuilfordJuly 1, 2015
I enjoyed working for STA. I was able to work various jobs for STA and was able to grow professionally because of my experience with STA.
I enjoy my job
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJuly 10, 2015
Transporting kids can be very interesting. It is a great experience dealing with many different ethnic backgrounds.Great job for someone that loves to multi-task
Fun Workplace Environment
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Alexander, NYNovember 15, 2014
Overall STA is a company dedicated to escorting children to school safely, the fun-loving people who are at the forefront of the company smile and proudly do their jobs. Management pays attention to every detail, answers questions promptly, and isn't afraid to let you know if you have done something exceptional. The most enjoyable part of the job is, by far, the children we transport.
Pros
paid training, great atmosphere, free company gear.
Cons
low hours
Nonfriendly, unwilling to listen to staff
Monitor Trainer/Driver (Current Employee) –  Bradford, NHOctober 15, 2014
I believe that upper management has allowed STA-Bradford to be lost in the wind. Numerous people have gone to management with problems and concerns and they are told its fine and to go about their job. The plus side is you are allowed to take you children with you to work; however, it depends on who you are.
Pros
bring your children with you
Cons
poor management

2.8