Student Transportation Of America Employee Reviews

Driver's Lounge w/TV
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 21, 2017
Check in with dispatchers and get key for bus, pre-trip vehicle, arrive up to 15 minutes prior to first scheduled pick-up. Follow route provided and arrive at destinations on time.return to base. I learned several routes over the year. Management was only really seen when safety meetings occured. The job is not that hard, Not a very good place to work unless you want to listen to cry-babies all day and they don't follow directions well.
Pros
Free lunches on Driver Appreciation Day, Free baseball Game tickets for end of year celebration
Cons
Fights between driver's, Management not letting go the bad seeds Favoritism of some drivers with dispatchers.
very fun ,experiencing job
Bus Monitor (Former Employee) –  Fort Washington, MDMay 8, 2017
great for people who love to travel, and teach others different cultures of different locations.the kids are fun and seeing different parts of washington.. washing the buses are kind of a hassell but good community work.
Pros
long breaks, fun job
Cons
short breaks
Fun,relaxed enviroment
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Guilford, CTApril 25, 2017
Typical day is relaxed. Duties include pick up and drop off of students in a safe manner. Communicate with management and other drivers while obeying all traffic laws.
Overall great place to work.
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Mount Joy, PAApril 25, 2017
It takes a special kind of person to be a school bus driver/monitor. Not everyone can. I have worked with some of the best people, teachers, parents, and kids. There is a lot cooperation and teamwork that goes into each day. We have safety meetings to attend each month that keep us focused on safe driving skills, student management, sharing ideas, and solutions. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people. The hardest part of the job is traffic congestion and the bad weather.
Pros
Seeing the change as the kids go from elementary thru high school.
Cons
Benefits are not available.
Flexable
SCHOOL BUS DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAApril 11, 2017
This company is a great company to work for. The hours allow you to have flexibility and office staff is friendly and very helpful. Co workers are friendly and will assist you with any problems someone would have.
I love this company
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Lake Oswego, ORApril 6, 2017
I've worked for this company since it came to Oregon and I love it. The people are helpful and friendly, management is supportive and ensures that we have the tools we need to succeed.
Terrible management
Monitor (Current Employee) –  Collegeville, PAApril 3, 2017
I don't even know where to begin with this job. The parking lot is so uneven we average about 8 falls per winter. The management makes up rules as they go and please. They switch things at the flick of a dime. And then they wonder why they are such short of drivers. Then have the nerve to throw in our face it's a part time job and we don't get bereavement for immediate family.
good pay
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 27, 2017
good place to work if you like dealing with kids and only need a good paying part time job. buses are in very good shape and the mechanics do a great job.
Pros
Part time
Cons
easy work for the pay
Great for people with children
Driver/Operator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 22, 2017
Worked here for about a year, They train you to get your CDL. This job is like a cult. If you aren't friends with management or the dispatchers you can pretty much guarantee you wont get any extra hours. If you're new they only give you 20 hours per week, and mess up your pay check all the time and catch an attitude when you ask them about it. Its a split shift so its hard to find another part time job inbetween work. No pay everytime the children are out of school. Not good when you have bills you are paying alone.
Pros
Easy Job
Cons
No holiday pay
Great Place to work
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAFebruary 15, 2017
Great job as long as you like screaming children (72 of them) behind you. I found it to be fun and rewarding. Moving up in the company is not always a possibility.
Great people to work for
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Auburn, NHFebruary 13, 2017
I've enjoyed working here. If you do not have your CDL they will train you. It's a great job if you obviously love kids. one of the perks I enjoyed was being able to take my kids when they were still in car seats with me to work.
Pros
I get to take my bus home
Cons
No paid holidays
Too much cliques going on and favortism
Payroll Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 6, 2017
Too many politics and favorites. Manager was pro her friends and bringing them in to work. Not a good work environment and not a team atmosphere. People had been there for a long time and effected the decision in how the business was ran. New person coming doesn't really have a chance. You go along with the crowd or you won't have a job.
Cons
Positive connections markham il.
Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Markham, ILDecember 9, 2016
Bad management does nothing about bad drivers. My bus had bad front tires bus was hydroplaning and would not turn on wet roads. I had to complain to Wall NJ. they did not want to replace tires I got new tires because someone did the right thing. How many parents would put there kids on a bus with bad front tires? Now I'm being harassed by the bad management.
Pros
nothing
Cons
very bad management
Special Needs School Bus Driver (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CASeptember 22, 2016
Self-management is a must. Communication is lacking between co-workers. People are great and fun to work with. Love the school schedule and worked well for me
Kids are our future
Bus Aide/ bus driver (Current Employee) –  Cheektowaga, NYSeptember 19, 2016
Getting up very early is part of the job and can be enjoyable. The most rewarding part of the job is knowing the students after the years and how they have grown and can remember certain driver and aides if you put a great impact on their lives. The hardest part is having a split shift, 2-3 hours am then 2-3 hours pm. Management can sometimes not take accountability for their mishaps, I understand it's allot to handle but that's management for ya.
Pros
Good pay for amount of hours
Cons
Huge breaks( split shift, school vacations, holidays)
School Transportation where safety is always first
Administrative Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 27, 2016
This is a great company. The mindset and their long term goal is great. It is the 3rd largest in the nation. STA would like to be the largest someday but not if it means safety being put on the back burner. Safety is the #1 goal.
Love, love, love this Company!
Driver/trainer (Current Employee) –  Alexander, NYJuly 21, 2016
STA is a great place to work. I have been with STA for about 2 years, and I am so happy to be a part of a amazing team. Our management team has no problem working side by side with us drivers, and are very knowledgeable when it comes to the job. Our mechanics are the best I have had the pleasure of working with in all my years driving bus, they treat the drivers with respect and they do everything possible to make sure our Buses go out safe without a complaint. The pay is not bad and the hours are great if you have kids or are just looking for part time. Definitely a happy bus driver again.
Pros
Great Company and work environment
Company has excellent local management but lacks corporate support.
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, NHJuly 9, 2016
This job is very rewarding by the students you see each day. I enjoy greatly getting to meet these many students and transporting them back and forth to school.
Pros
The students
Cons
Very early mornings and low pay
Pretty good company
School Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Higganum, CTJune 28, 2016
Would reccommend this company to family/friends. Have enjoyed my time here and feel it's a great environment. I would consider continuing to work for this company in a different location when and if I relocate
Great company to work for.
Liaison (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAMay 14, 2016
Love this company. Loved my job, loved the drivers, great customer. Hated to leave but had to. People dont quit their jobs, they quit their managers.
Pros
Skys the limit
Cons
Annie

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Student Transportation Of America. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7