Studio 6 Employee Reviews

Excellent Place To work
Hotel Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLMarch 26, 2017
Loved the people and the job there. Easy work environment to be a part of and very well managed. would work there again if the opportunity arise's again
Excited to be a ble to meet new people everyday.
Maid/Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GAFebruary 16, 2017
A typical day would consist of me getting my cart ready once I clock in. Next I would check my assignment list to see what rooms I have to clean that day. After that I would I would get started on my rooms that need to be cleaned.
Very productive and fun place to work.
HOUSEKEEPING (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 22, 2016
Cleaning rooms and taking care of the laundry.I learned that people will destroy things just because its not theirs and that it belongs to someone else. I loved management they didn't hound you they let you do your job.My co-workers were the best we are still friends to this day.the hardest part of the job was the way people would leave their room when they check out of it. the most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people.
Pros
Meeting new people.
Cons
Insurance.
manager
Front Desk Manager to Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Port Arthur, TXAugust 8, 2016
the owner does not know how to speak to his employees he is rude . He yells and calls people stupid dumb and idiots the hotel in general is a nice place good location
Pros
like the city
Cons
non really
Was fun and entertaining
owner/stylist (Former Employee) –  Walsenburg, COJanuary 19, 2016
I had a chance to meet new folks each day
try a new style or cut on a new client each day
promoting products to the cleats that they could use at home between appointments
running the desk setting appointments
daily banking etc
Pros
my own boss
Love my Job
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Mountlake Terrace, WASeptember 18, 2015
I am in charge of checking the audit reports and balancing cash. Taking deposits to the bank daily. I interview, hire,reprimand and fire staff. check rooms. Surpassed financial budgets. Maintain quality and friendliness scores. Take care of staff issues and guest issues. I do the sales and marketing. I do inventory, ordering and receiving. I make sure that the maintenances are kept up with. I make sure that I forecast business needs on a monthly, weekly, and daily basis. Submit payroll for staff. I am involved with the community and known well by locals. The best part of the job is working with people and accepting challenges big and small. The toughest part of my job is getting disengaged employees to get actively engaged.
Pros
meeting great people
Cons
healthcare, upper management talks down to you. They dont talk to you
Front Desk Agent
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAAugust 24, 2015
This is a extended stay motel and they allow pet. for long time stay this motel is best. Most of the motel not allow pet. So I recommend people who have pet they can stay this motel .
Opportunity for a lot of improvement
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  MiamisburgJuly 9, 2015
I have learned a lot working at studio 6 enhanced customer service and computer skills. Also, a day never goes by with out some kind of excitement.

Working with management at this property I have come to notice that it is a learning process and training is needed for co-workers as well.

The hardest part of this job is accommodating guest from all walks of life.

The most enjoyable part of this job is meeting people from all around the word weather they are traveling on business or on vacation or even locally due to a unfortunate accident. And letting me know at the end of there stay that they would be returning and recommend us to there friends and family and also, how enjoyable there say was and how helpful we have been.
Pros
meeting people from all walks of life
Cons
sometimes not enough hours in the day
I Loved my employees and boss, we were a great team
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Duluth GeorgiaJune 27, 2015
It was a great place to work., until we were sold. All company has it's challenges, but the new director of operations had something to proof making things a little difficult.
welcome team
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GAJune 26, 2015
greet guests and take in reservation for new guests. take payments and answer calls.
it was great company to work for but there was no opportunities to grow and achieve more.
productive and fun work place
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXDecember 15, 2014
not really a good place to work. there also ways issues of some sort. people didn't want to pay their rent on time which means we had to kick families out on the street
Work
Guest Services Agent (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LADecember 13, 2014
Checking guest in and out
Processing different payments
Night audit
Laundry
Most of my co-workers were very pleasant to be around
Hardest part was not being able to accommodate all guests
Meeting new people from all over the world
Cons
NO BREAKS, NO ROOM FOR ADVANCEMENT
great
Night attendant (Former Employee) –  Mentor, OHOctober 6, 2014
great work environment. decent pay. worked night shift so it was a little slow at night. maybe 4 or 5 customers came in
Ok place to work
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Rome, GASeptember 26, 2014
Reported to hotel. Left to make cold calls to area local businesses and organizations to introduce to travel managers, etc. the newest extended stay hotel in Rome GA, offer discount rates on hotel accommodations.
The hardest part of the job was the sale of an extended stay hotel with little to no amenities at a property that was a full service hotel. Our local travel managers look for accommodations with amenities for their business travelers.
Cons
Little to no benefits
Guest
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  jackson msJune 5, 2014
I had a guest one time she was coming from Florida to see her aunt after a long
she ask me for a special deal with a nice suite room i gave her a really nice deal on it and when she was arrived at the Hotel she was very happy with her accommodation she was very pleasure to meet me she spent 5 nights comfortably

the hardest part of the job working as a front desk clerk that we have to make sure that every guest will get a pleasant night stand in the Hotel and make them happy

as i am working in hospitality from 1 year i pretty much know how to handle a Guest and what they need at what time
i take every single thing seriously on my job and great listening skills.
I've a lot of patience working in a hotel

as far as i talk about my co-workers i m very friendly with them and polite and i am a people person.
sad
DUTIES- HOUSEKEEPING (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAApril 22, 2014
Because housekeeper been working there for 8 years and still make 7.75
Busy Workplace but Fantastic Managers
Guest Service Agent (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJanuary 17, 2014
Laid back job, meeting with travelers rom all over. Never dull or a bored moment. The pay is under ranged, and benefits aren't the best coverage.
Pros
breaks
Cons
pay and benefits
Great interaction with customers
Guest Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Midvale, UTJanuary 4, 2014
I enjoyed working at Studio 6. I was at the front desk, so I checked guests in and out, dealt with payments, customer service, etc. It is an extended stay motel, so there were people actually living there I would see often and got to learn a lot about. My co-workers were great, we got along really well. The hardest part was the manager didn't care about the property or helping out the guests, he was honestly really lazy and was never at work.
Good place to learn some things but not where I would have wanted to stay.
Guess/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCOctober 28, 2013
Working at this job I was able to experience new things dealing with hospitality by pleasing guests with their requests. I learned how to deal with large amounts of money and how to answer phone calls. At this job I started developing more of my people skills and how to come off as a good person with good intentions. Management was not in order at all. One of the managers didn't treat the workers like he should have and eventually got reported by one of the guests and the other one had other issues that would get in the way of her job.
Pros
schedule was flexible
Cons
Didnt feel like the workers were treated fair.
housekeeping
housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXSeptember 25, 2013
My overall about this job was that i came to work cant wait to see smiling faces on the floors work . The management and co workers was ok my job wasnt hard at all so i really didnt have any problems. I learned how to take care business more in a fast past

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Studio 6. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9