Studio Movie Grill

Studio Movie Grill Employee Reviews

It was an alright experience
Runner (Former Employee), Arlington, TXJuly 8, 2015
I had a blast working here because my team made it so, but if it weren't for my awesome team, i don't think my visit would have been so fun after all.
A customer service based movie theathre resturant
a server (Former Employee), Copperfield, TexasJuly 4, 2015
Pros: The friends, The amazing happy guest, the food, working for the money. Having something i had to work for to earn money.
Cons: The managers were rude and made us as 15 year olds work 12 hour shifts with no breaks, the rude guest.
When the shift starts, you log in, find your team and work your theatre. Greet and seat guest, take their orders, try and upsell as much as possible. Serve them their food and wait on them through out the movie to bring them whatever they need for a satisfactory experience. An hour before the movie ends, checks are dispersed, and picked up thirty minutes after, handle all cash and card. When the movie is out, clean up the theatre and pick up tips. Go back to server stations and enter tips. Seat the next movie.
Studio Movie Grill
Box office/Hostess/Runner (Former Employee), Houston, TX (city centre)July 1, 2015
Studio Movie grill a typical day would be serving food and drinks to guest in theaters while some days i was a hostess and worked in box. I learned a lot by this job it boosted up my confidences and taught me how to communicate well with customers. The most enjoyable part of the job had to be the people i worked with. The hardest part is when it got really busy it was none stop going back and forth for hours, was a good exercise though.
Great opportunity to interact and improve customer service skills
Food Runner/Server (Former Employee), Arlington, TXJune 24, 2015
Pros: interacting with customers, co-workers
Cons: long shifts, time consuming
Serving at Studio Movie Grill has really improved my communication skills by way of the interaction with the multiple customers that I came into contact with throughout each work shift. I have also learned to manage my time and take care of the most important things first. Being able to take orders, serve food, collect money, and return the exact change to the customer within the time limit of a movie is really an entertaining task to handle.
Movie Time
Server (Former Employee), Plano, TXJune 22, 2015
Working here was such a great experience I met so many great people that have made such an impact in my life including the managers I had there. We were all one big family having fun at our job but getting things done right.
productive fun environment
Special Event Security (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 12, 2015
Pros: Free movies, 50% discount on food
typical day included working nights for security events

what I learned was how to deal with different people's personalities

management kept things running smoothly

co-workers worked efficiently

hardest part was learning to deal with so many different attitudes on the job
friendly work enviroment, great staff
Team Member (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAJune 9, 2015
Pros: free food, free movies, work hosted events
Cons: working hours varried
i loved working at studio movie grill. management was great, flexible work hours, guranteed hours. no last minute pop ups. great food. family friendly. overall great company
fun workplace
Ticket Host (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCMay 31, 2015
Pros: half off lunches free movies
Cons: no breaks
great place to work a typical day at work would be selling movie tickets using groupon most of the time i didnt learn much because i already knew how to work a register mmy coworkers are great really fun theres no hard part to my work
Good Place to work but needs more structure as they grow
Senior Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee), Dallas, txMay 14, 2015
Great people to work with. Just as they grow they need more struction in their HR department and policies and procedures
Fun and Fast Pace environment
Runner/ Sales Associate (Current Employee), Arlington, TxMay 11, 2015
Cons: Bad Management
I enjoyed working at Studio Movie Grill, but the managers did not have good communication. They were kind but not very good at managing anything. There tended to be a lot of confusion and miscommunication. It was a fast pace environment that required me to be on my feet for long hours.
Productive and fun workplace
Server (Current Employee), Columbus, OHApril 29, 2015
The work day went by fast. The free movie benefit was nice. Management is cool. I've ben here since we opened and I love it.
Great for a first job
Director of runners (Former Employee), Arlington, TXApril 28, 2015
Pros: Being a Leader, Half off on food, Free movies
Cons: Sore legs, angry customers
A typical day at work is me pretty much coming in at 8 am and getting everything ready for the whole day. When everyone gets here I direct all the runners on what to do and what needs to be done. I am the last person to leave at 2 am. I learned a lot about responsibility and how to be a leader at a young age when i started working. The management was great. I've seen the many people come and go. Majority of my co workers were hard workers and loved to hangout outside of work. The hardest part of the job is getting everyone to do their job. The most enjoyable part of the job was making money while having a good time at work.
Fun environment
Shift Team Lead (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GAApril 9, 2015
Pros: free movies
Cons: Splitting tips with lazy team members
provide guest with great customer service.
how to be a team lead.
Great management.
The best o-workers i ever been around.
Accounting for several different checks at once.
Great group of people to be around.
Great place to start out
Runner (Former Employee), Plano, TXApril 3, 2015
Pros: discount on the food
You go into work and you see the orders that are being filled out by the servers and you go into the kitchen and you wait until an order is completed and you deliver the food or drinks to the customer.
Not something i enjoyed
Dishwasher (Former Employee), Houston, TXMarch 24, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: confusion at times
It wasn't the best first job. The managers lacked workplace manners but they aren't there anymore. they did work with my schedule for awhile.
Exhausting and long
Server/Waiter (Current Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 21, 2015
Pros: half price food and free movies.
Cons: no breaks and no benefits.
A typical day at work includes no breaks, expected hard work for a small tip and no extra help from other co-workers. You come in clock-in and get ready for customers to come into your theater. Typically no one likes to take orders right off the bat so its starts getting crazy when only one or two are in the theater. Everyone rushes inside and managers start to yell at the team for not being in their theater and not doing what they're suppose to. After all that we finish paying our tabs out and get very little tip from our customers we tend to give great customer service.
Good work place
Repair & Maintenance/ Server (Former Employee), Alpharetta, GAMarch 13, 2015
Pros: free movies, good management, fun to work here
Cons: no breaks, 10-12 shifts(unscheduled double)
At Studio Movie Grill there was room for advancement and it had a large employee base; about 50-80 people depending on the time of the year. It had movies, a bar, and a kitchen. Management was always happy for the most part and very friendly. There was anyone from high school kids to 40 year old moms/dads I worked with and very much enjoyed the more mature crowd. The hardest part of the job was definitely that you had a lot of work to do in a small amount of time; cleaning theaters or closing out 30 checks in an hour. There a no "breaks" but there were breaks in the fact that the kitchen would slow down for half an hour. The best part was seeing all the movies coming out and seeing little clips. The people were great and it was a fun place to work.

Job Title:
Server, Food Runner /Runner Director, and Repair & Maintenance
Free Movies, 50% employee discount on food, other than that, not worth it
Box Office Ticket Host, Waitress (Current Employee), Plano, TXMarch 9, 2015
Pros: free movies, 50% off of food
Cons: gm, management
New GM has no business being a GM. It's fun interacting with customers, and getting to see new movies for free. Other than that, they don't pay enough. It's not worth it. And they don't appreciate you. At least at McDonald's you get paid more. And get more hours.
Productive fun work place
Line Cook /Leader (Former Employee), Tampa Bay, FLFebruary 20, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short breaks
Tampa Location The Best #1 Nation Wide.Movie Fun Eat. Kids family self good food eat out enjoy. Nice some what fast place cost and productive love doing my job ,I was the grill person learn my station loved my station pulse i love the team work i can say i was a leader a transformer to do what no one else wouldn't do that's with any job i work at some time you have to step up and take the GM,KM,AM, Supervisor Leader Ship Role and help your company or help start up new Store's branch out. Who's Hot Tampa Bay FL STUDIO MOVIE GRILL.
Movie & Dining
Kitchen Supervisor (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: 12 hour shifts, excellent food, fun staff
Cons: location
A typical busy weekend we will service 5,000 guests in over 14 theaters, bar, and lounge area, with average 10 minute ticket times, depending on the volume. Management style in flexible, and allows all managers and supervisors to jump into any position at a moments notice, in case of an emergency. Flexiblity especially around the holidays SMG believes you can get hours, and still have family time within the same day, especially around the holidays. Fun and enjoyable work enviroment, and always energetic.

1 2 3 4