Studio Movie Grill Employee Reviews

Low Pay and Bad working enviorment
Box Office Cashier (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 8, 2017
Studio movie grill is a job that would only be good for someone who does not really have any financial responsibilities. I really would not recommend this job to anyone unless you are looking for a management position (they are the only ones who get paid fair).
Pros
free tickets and half price food
Cons
no breaks, low pay, no healthcare benefits, and managers do not really fix any problems you are having.
Fun environment and typically easy job.
CERTIFIED TRAINER/SERVER (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXOctober 6, 2017
Working for studio has been one of the most rewarding things for me. This business revovles around food, family and fun, and its just that great food, tons of fun and family friendly. Management was always at its best and took their time out of their day to accomadate to what ever the staff needed. I believe the hardest part of the job is advancements in the company. There are many qualified hard working employees fighting for their chance to move up in this amazing company. Although I am competive and want to achieve more for myself than I thought I could I have found my family, family that will last me a lifetime!
Pros
Free double food!!!
Cons
16 hour work days
Eh
Server (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXOctober 5, 2017
Management babies you. Extremely hectic for very little payout. Although, you get to see movies for free. back begins to hurt from ducking all the time.
If manager doesn't like you. You get shifts taken away.
Hostess/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Tampa FloridaOctober 4, 2017
They make millions of dollars a month and offer employees nothing. Greedy... They make runners stay way later. Sometimes the servers only make 20.00 a shift. Nobody tips there. They use to have gratuity on all checks and they made money. Then the company took it off.
Pros
Fee movie when your not working
Cons
Closed 4 days because of the hurricane. No paid time off.
Review
Bar and Human Resource Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 1, 2017
Very disorganized company. Home office management changed monthly. Area managers lack ability to focus work groups. Gen Managers inexperienced and immature.
Great Outside Facade but Horribly Broken Internally
peon (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 24, 2017
Company is filled with compliance violations, discrimination, harassment and gender/race inequality. Company appears great from the outside looking in, but is so broken that it will be shut down by a government agency in no time.
Meh
Server (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZSeptember 18, 2017
Very hard to get promoted, management team is awful. I stick around because the work is easy and the pay is good. No breaks, hours aren't great, but it's the only sort of thing college students can do.
Cons
no breaks, poor managment
Nice environment , very overwhelming.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PASeptember 17, 2017
Its a nice place to work & the people there are friendly but it gets pretty packed in there especially at night which can get very overwhelming & difficult .
Great Place to work as teenager
Server (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXSeptember 17, 2017
Great place to have as a temporary job very flexiable schedule Great coworkers also great benefits half off food and free movie tickets as an employee
mostly a good job
server (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 15, 2017
mostly productive and fast paste work environment, co workers are usually efficient and productive and managers sometimes have unnecessary attitudes.
Pros
free food
Cons
no breaks
Work productive place
Server (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 13, 2017
I would walk into work with the proper uniform. Then I would clock in. Check which theater I was stationed at. Then walked to the back with hot water to go polish washed silverware to distribute to the theater to which I was working at. When it was almost time for us to seat our theater the Manager that was in charge of our group would come in and prep us for the night/day. Then the real work began.

If you're good with stress, work a fast pace, and work well with team memebers then this a good place for you. The managers will help you but you also have to be doing your part.
Cons
Servers dont get breaks
Server
WAITER (Former Employee) –  Colleyville, TXSeptember 10, 2017
I had a lot of fun working for Studio Movie Grill. It was a job where you were constantly busy which was very enjoyable. The spot for the location a worked at was great and would recommend giving it a try.
Fun, professional, and great.
Runner (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXSeptember 6, 2017
It's a very family friendly place. The atmosphere is fun and and very serious. Management is great and is very flexible with scheduling. The food is great and the staff is excellent.
Fast- paced but stressful
Server (Current Employee) –  Alpharetta, GASeptember 2, 2017
A typical day at work is either a 10 hour shift or a 16 hour shift depending on if your a double or not. Management is actually very good it's just the pay that i absolutely hate. We as servers only get paid 2.13/ hr plus tips but sometimes the tips be like $30 after a 10 hour shift. The hardest part about this job is sitting there for like 5 hours and its slow and the managing team won't cut anyone, but the most enjoyable part is having our summer cookouts and stuff.
Pros
50% discount on food, and free movies
Cons
no breaks, low pay
Fast paced when busy, great work environment, okay managers
Hostess, Runner and Server (Former Employee) –  Rocklin, CAAugust 28, 2017
Advancement is due to favorites, not based on how long you've been there, or how hard of a worker you are, but which managers like you best. During busy seasons, its very chaotic, managers take their stress out on employees, kitchen gets easily backed up, and guests are not very understanding of one kitchen serving over a thousand people at the same time. When it's slow it's painfully slow. But the coworkers are the best thing about this company, definitely family-like environment when it comes to coworkers. Only benefits are free movies and about 25% off of food (including tip).
Pros
free movies and 50% of food
Cons
understaffed, okay management, never know how long your work day is
High school job...
Box Office and Runner (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXAugust 24, 2017
I can honestly say that I liked this job when I was in high school. When I first started there, the environment was really great and the managers actually seemed to care for their employees. When I started college, everything changed. It was a lot of drama, managers coming and going and pretty much chaos. I would recommend this job to people who are in high school or who are having a hard time finding a job.
Fun place to watch movies
Runner/Busser (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXAugust 23, 2017
Days at studio movie grill get boring if it's a week day. Long hours with low pay. Managers like to mess with you for no reason. Sometimes you walk out with no money.
Pros
Free food while training and free movies
Cons
Long hours, no break
easy as apple cakes
Server (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 23, 2017
Easy pace. Great 1st job that helped me grow up. Hardest part of the day is making sure every customer is 100% good with their service and check. great place.
Pros
customer skills
Cons
no breaks
very laid back and fun environment
Runner/Server (Former Employee) –  The Colony, TXAugust 23, 2017
fun place to work. Summer was the busiest times as well as winter break. Not much responsibilities just do the work and fun to work at with all of my friends
Pros
free movies and half off food
It was cool until business got slow
Runner (Current Employee) –  Katy, TXAugust 21, 2017
Once business slows down you hardly get any hours. Co workers are cool but you dont get paid good enough for what you have to down when place gets busy

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Studio Movie Grill. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8