Studio Movie Grill

Studio Movie Grill Employer Reviews

Fun job
Runner (Current Employee), Houston, TXJanuary 24, 2015
Pros: free movies
Cons: late nights
My day consists of getting orders from servers and taking them to the customers. popping popcorn and making soft drinks. I learn how to be a team player and be responsible for me.most of my friends already worked there so we had a lot of fun plus met a lot of new people. the hardest part of this job was being put on late night and you didn't get off till 2 or 3 in the morning. the most enjoyable part of this job is free movies
fast paced
Server, Customer Service, Cash Payments (Former Employee), arlington TXJanuary 19, 2015
if you have kids this job is not for you they expect you to stay there nearly 15hrs and not complain or say you have kids to get because its not their problem work hard to not get anything
Nice workplace
Server (Former Employee), Dallas, TXDecember 12, 2014
Pros: the food, and the people
Cons: longest hours
Long hours, I learned about an exhausting schedule, the management was very nice, and the co workers made it fun, the hardest part was learning the menu and when new movies came out. And the most enjoyable part was being able to watch them.
good learning experince
Customer service (Current Employee), Tampa, FLNovember 12, 2014
Pros: free movies 50% off food
Cons: little to no breaks, 90% encome is gratuity based
This is a fast paced work structure. The management could use some organization, but this is a brand new business working out the start up kinks. This is a great first job for someone starting out, but is somewhat unreliable as far as scheduling and pay scale. You will mostly like not get any breaks during shift, and some team members are hard to work with. You do get free movies on your day off.
Great
Ticketer (Current Employee), Tampa, FLOctober 9, 2014
I was responsible for prep front cashier and drive thru I learned hard work and dedication the manager was wonderful and friendly yet strict I loved my team the hardest part was during rush hour but we pushed through with teamwork and we were always acknowledged for our great work.
Not recommended
Box Office Representative (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCOctober 7, 2014
I am very unhappy at SMG. There is no room for improvement or growth within the company. There is no structure, organization or guidance.
Excellent serving job
Server (Former Employee), Wheaton, ILSeptember 29, 2014
Both the managers & the staff are for the most part enjoyable to work with. The tip-out was fairly good.
Fun People to work with and fun workplace
Server (Former Employee), Duluth, GASeptember 18, 2014
Pros: discounted lunches and free movie tickets whenever for you and 3 guests
Cons: pay was never stable based on tips
I learned more customer service skills in the aspect of a server position. I learned to have more patience because this was a very fast paced job. Hardest part of the job was just trying to satisfy 100's of customers in the movie theater. I enjoyed working with my fellow employees they made the job a lot of easier.
Horrible!!!
Box Office Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Lewisville, TXAugust 27, 2014
It was horrible just don't work there!!!!!!!

Management is absolutely bad.
They take advantage of you for no reason!
Very fun work place, friendly employees with great attitudes, fast-paced work environment
Food Runner (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INAugust 19, 2014
Pros: dicount on lunch break, and food was amazing
Cons: distance from job to home.
A typical day of work consisted of clocking in, sweeping lobby and cleaning restrooms. After that we normally began taking orders and running the food from the kitchen to the theatre, cleaning up along the way and after the movies ended. I learned the proper way to greet guests and carry a tray. The best part of the job in my opinion was the pace of the environment. Your feet are always moving so the day flies by. My coworkers were amazing and also were one of my favorite parts of the job.
Meh
Food and alcohol runner (Former Employee), scottsdaleJuly 24, 2014
Pros: mangers+staff
Cons: gm
Fun job but only one con.....ill let you figure this part out.
Great job for young adults and students!
Server (Former Employee), Arlington, TXJuly 17, 2014
Pros: fast-paced, decent tips, fun environment.
Cons: too many employees, too much favortism.
A typical work day at studio movie grill is very fast-paced self motivated. You have to deal with anywhere from 25-150 checks every theatre you work, somedays you could have 3 theatres all to your self! Not to mention, you have to help out anyone else in their theatre(s) as well. I learned a lot about alcoholic beverages and how to be a stronger server while working here. The management was excellent until our GM Tim got transferred to the Dallas location. Once the old GM came back he went on a spring cleaning with all the new people. My co-workers were amazing, but just like at any job theirs favorites and then theirs outcasts. The most enjoyable part of this job for me was excelling as a server and getting to work in an industry with movies, I am a movie-guru! The hardest part was keeping up with multiple theatres with hundreds of guests and helping the bar run drinks as well as the kitchen, run food.
Great working envirment, over demanding job for the amount of pay
RUNNER/DIRECTOR (Former Employee), Lewisville, Tx.July 8, 2014
Pros: fun co-workers, free movies, half off food
Cons: over demanding work for amount of pay, no set schedual, long houre shifts
You get to work with wonderful people however, after a month you will notice there are only a handful of hard workers and the rest prefer to horse play or avoid tasks. You will be under appreciated and less deserving workers will be promoted before you so that they will still have a hard worker in that field to carry everyone's weight.
Fast pace and high volume
Supervisor/Line Cook/ Prep Cook (Current Employee), Duluth, GaJuly 2, 2014
Dinner and a movie,two things in one place. Meaning high volume and endless amounts of people. great place to work.
Fun place to work
Bartender/Server (Former Employee), Dallas, TXJune 10, 2014
the customers and staff are all very friendly and outgoing.
overall a great place to work
Runner (Former Employee), Duluth, GAJune 8, 2014
Runner were lazy and management were very unorganized. It was my first job and wish it wasn't. I should have saved my sanity an gone somewhere else.
Hard working environment with great co-workers
Hostess/Food Runner (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 4, 2014
• Processed guests transactions on cash register
• Delivered food to guests
• Cleaned and organized restrooms and theaters
box office
Box Office / Hostess / Runner / Director (Current Employee), Arlington TxApril 22, 2014
Pros: free movie tickets
Cons: no break or any benefits
working in box office selling the best seats in the theater can get a bit challenging as all seats have to be reserved. I have to give out my best opinion of the best option they have left according to their seating preferences. Some guest can get really upset of where the seats are so I try my best to help and explain other options or show times for better seating.
fun to work there sometimes
runner (Former Employee), Dallas, TXApril 21, 2014
Pros: free movies, 50% off food, free drinks
Cons: no breaks, lazy co-workers
co-workers are lazy, sometimes fun to work my managers are really nice and cool you can joke with them all the time but you not doing your work then its not a pretty sight.
Very unhappy.
Server (Current Employee), Arlington, TXApril 6, 2014
Pros: free movies and half off food.
Cons: erractic work schedule, no breaks, poor management, and poor work environment.
Honestly, I regret choosing this job, from the moment I started working there I have seen so much unethical and unprofessional things, from managers and employees. Foremost, the work schedules are ridiculous. You will never know what time you get off and will be forced to stay all day even when your availability clearly states otherwise. Managers will not work with your schedule or any emergencies that arise while working (i.e. family emergencies, no babysitter, car issues, being sick. etc) they will write you up or fire you. I would recommend this place for a long term career. Did I mention we DO NOT GET BREAKS. Myself along with four other employees who have been there for years are now resigning.

1 2 3