Sturdy Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Observation Aide (Former Employee) –  Attleboro, MADecember 29, 2017
Working third shift was difficult but the nurses and other workers made every night a joy and something to look forward too. It was a very well run hospital .
Management very shady
Medical Records Clerk (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsDecember 27, 2017
The workers dont want to retire. They assume they know more than their supervisors and they are all miserable. Not a pleasant environment. Too many Chiefs!
Pros
Small Hospital
Cons
People are cery Crabby.
Enjoyabe place to work.
Medical Transcriptionist (Former Employee) –  Attleboro, MA 02703November 27, 2017
Great place to work, only worked per diem for four months. It was a great start to my career. Thankful for the experience I was given as I had just graduated from school.
Feels Like Home
RN (Current Employee) –  Attleboro, MANovember 27, 2017
I joined the LDRP staff at this hospital and I am very impressed with the fluidity they provide in care. It is overall an excellent place to work. It is well run and staffed with friendly and helpful and knowledgeable staff. Love it!
Exciting Environment
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Attleboro, MAOctober 22, 2017
The environment is always changing and thats one of the reasons I love it so much. I get to see different patients every week during my 3 hour volunteer opportunity.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Lack of responsibilities as a volunteer
the experience is top notch
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Attleboro, MAJuly 13, 2017
The experience is top notch and would not replace it for anything. Then staff makes it worthwhile going to work every day as sometimes it was difficult on a day to day basis
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Attleboro, MAJune 6, 2017
I thought it was good experience to be exposed to the life of volunteering in a hospital. I got the chance to see how hospitals really run and manage my time on my own volunteering.
Pros
Free lunch
A work place that gave me a great deal of satisfaction.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Attleboro, MassJune 2, 2017
Sturdy Memorial Hospital was my favorite job. It gave me satisfaction knowing I was providing help to patients in need. It taught me a great deal about the care of others. Always keeping their feelings and emotions as a priority.
Feared my license
Staff Nurse/Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Attleboro, MAApril 22, 2017
Feared my license on a daily basis.Typical day at work involves working severely short staffed and expected to be charge of floor while preceptor to a new grad, an assignment of your own and the rest of the staff is all new grads. No strength at all. Management will block career advancements and coddle the staff.
Pros
Cons
its like being in high school, staff tattle and make up stuff about other staff.
Was great but changed when leadership changed
Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Attleboro, MAApril 12, 2017
Great place to work until Medical and Nursing leadership experienced multiple retirements in one year. Units closed, mandatory overtime, floating to other units
Good Place to work for
Lead Technologist (Current Employee) –  Attleboro, MADecember 22, 2016
Sturdy Memorial Hospital is a good employer. I feel that they value their employees and treat them well. I have made several life long friendships and enjoy the work I do there.
Good Patient Care
Biomedical Equipment Technician 2 (Former Employee) –  Attleboro, MANovember 29, 2016
Good benefits and work environment in patient areas. Great work environment in most areas. Awesome café and food quality.
Amazing Medicine Surprisingly Close
Nursing/support services (Current Employee) –  Attleboro, MANovember 7, 2016
I have nothing but positive things too say about Sturdy. I've been employed here for a little over 10years. I've worked in several departments including nursing and support departments. My personal and professional skills have grown immensely since beginning employment here at Sturdy. There's a family like environment here that I've not experienced elsewhere. The management works closely with all employees and are always willing to listen, look into, and correct any questions or concerns. The benefits offered are a highlight of being a Sturdy employee. I highly recommend seeking employment here at Sturdy.
work place
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Attleboro, MAOctober 17, 2016
had a great group of people to work with. always busy and willing to help other co-workers. hardest part of job was leaving the group of people behind you worked with.
quiet community hospital
Biomedical Equipment Technician (Current Employee) –  Attleboro, MAAugust 15, 2016
Sturdy memorial is a small community oriented hospital in the heart of Attleboro MA.It has a quiet aura about it and all the staff is extremely friendly. The people that go to Sturdy are loyal and have been going there generation after generation. In other words, it almost has a family feel to it.
best doctor in the world
Assisting patients (Current Employee) –  Attleboro, MAJune 3, 2016
to bad that he has passed and his practice was closed, he was the doctor of doctors, I learned so much from him and I was excited to go to work every single day
Future forward, productive small hospital
Software Analyst (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsJanuary 20, 2016
Sturdy Memorial is a wonderful hospital to work for. There is a family like atmosphere that helps make the work day easier. On most days I would come in contact with many friendly faces and always felt as though my opinion was appreciated. Even on days of stressful tasks, when it seemed the day could only get worse there was the support of co-workers to lean on. Management at sturdy is very approachable and very involved in all aspects of projects and solutions. The hardest part of my job has been at times when we, as a department, are unable to come to a solution for a problem. The most enjoyable part of the job is when we are able to help others to work more efficiently which in turn improves patient care. The hospital makes great strides to move into the future of patient care which gives employees exposure to new and modern concepts.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Cons
More stressful days than not
Financially sound company - Values employees.
Family nurse practitioner (Former Employee) –  Attleboro, MANovember 23, 2015
Recently retired nurse practitioner after eleven years with Sturdy Memorial Associates. Local practice like a family. Very supportive, great benefits package. Employees valued no matter what their position within the company.
Pros
Excellent benefits. Family atmosphere.
Cons
None that I can think of.
a fun fast pace environment caring for pts who are sick
Emergency Room Technician (Former Employee) –  Attleboro, MANovember 12, 2015
Drawing blood, ADL,, vital signs CPR, postmortem care on patients who don't make it. maintaining pt safety. staff very nice to new comers. eager-ed to teach
Pros
gaing new sills
Cons
very fast place
Great People
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Attleboro, MAAugust 23, 2015
Great PeopleVolunteer - Office / Environmental / Medical Records / Information Desk
Handmade Birthday Cards for the Volunteers. File records and also, help direct Patients, visitor, phone calls and more.