Sturdy Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

Amazing Medicine Surprisingly Close
Nursing/support services (Current Employee) –  Attleboro, MANovember 7, 2016
I have nothing but positive things too say about Sturdy. I've been employed here for a little over 10years. I've worked in several departments including nursing and support departments. My personal and professional skills have grown immensely since beginning employment here at Sturdy. There's a family like environment here that I've not experienced elsewhere. The management works closely with all employees and are always willing to listen, look into, and correct any questions or concerns. The benefits offered are a highlight of being a Sturdy employee. I highly recommend seeking employment here at Sturdy.
quiet community hospital
Biomedical Equipment Technician (Current Employee) –  Attleboro, MAAugust 15, 2016
Sturdy memorial is a small community oriented hospital in the heart of Attleboro MA.It has a quiet aura about it and all the staff is extremely friendly. The people that go to Sturdy are loyal and have been going there generation after generation. In other words, it almost has a family feel to it.
Good Patient Care
Biomedical Equipment Technician 2 (Former Employee) –  Attleboro, MANovember 29, 2016
Good benefits and work environment in patient areas. Great work environment in most areas. Awesome café and food quality.
work place
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Attleboro, MAOctober 17, 2016
had a great group of people to work with. always busy and willing to help other co-workers. hardest part of job was leaving the group of people behind you worked with.
best doctor in the world
Assisting patients (Current Employee) –  Attleboro, MAJune 3, 2016
to bad that he has passed and his practice was closed, he was the doctor of doctors, I learned so much from him and I was excited to go to work every single day
Future forward, productive small hospital
Software Analyst (Current Employee) –  MassachusettsJanuary 20, 2016
Sturdy Memorial is a wonderful hospital to work for. There is a family like atmosphere that helps make the work day easier. On most days I would come in contact with many friendly faces and always felt as though my opinion was appreciated. Even on days of stressful tasks, when it seemed the day could only get worse there was the support of co-workers to lean on. Management at sturdy is very approachable and very involved in all aspects of projects and solutions. The hardest part of my job has been at times when we, as a department, are unable to come to a solution for a problem. The most enjoyable part of the job is when we are able to help others to work more efficiently which in turn improves patient care. The hospital makes great strides to move into the future of patient care which gives employees exposure to new and modern concepts.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Cons
More stressful days than not
Financially sound company - Values employees.
Family nurse practitioner (Former Employee) –  Attleboro, MANovember 23, 2015
Recently retired nurse practitioner after eleven years with Sturdy Memorial Associates. Local practice like a family. Very supportive, great benefits package. Employees valued no matter what their position within the company.
Pros
Excellent benefits. Family atmosphere.
Cons
None that I can think of.
a fun fast pace environment caring for pts who are sick
Emergency Room Technician (Former Employee) –  Attleboro, MANovember 12, 2015
Drawing blood, ADL,, vital signs CPR, postmortem care on patients who don't make it. maintaining pt safety. staff very nice to new comers. eager-ed to teach
Pros
gaing new sills
Cons
very fast place
Modern, clean, friendly facility.
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Sturdy II, Medical/Surgical WardJanuary 16, 2012
Although it has been a number of years since I worked at Sturdy, I remember it being a wonderful place to work. The management, staff and facility were caring professionals. I enjoyed working there and only left to pursue another position in which I would be able to utilize my clinical skills. Medical Assistants are not used in this hospital, but I did enjoy my position as a Unit Secretary.
Pros
modern, clean, friendly environment.
Cons
i don't recall anything i was unhappy with.
Quiet, quaint office with a handful of associates.
Telecommunications Operator (Current Employee) –  Attleboro, MAJuly 29, 2013
The department has a very low turnover rate, the employees they have worked there for years. A typical day would be taking calls from both hospital and doctor offices, signing them in and out for lunch, and again at the end of their business day. Taking messages for offices and paging the on call physician for their patients. Handling alarms and making sure the appropriate personnel (in-house and out)are informed.
Professional Atmosphere has declined, Morale low..
Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  SeveralJanuary 24, 2013
Sturdy USED TO BE one of the greatest hospitals a medical professional could work in. Opinions of staff were highly respected and welcomed, management worked well with nursing staff and treated them with respect, addressed concerns staff had to offer. .

2 Years ago A new VP of nursing and a new director of nurses arrived. Staff has left in droves. Mandatory OT, and "on call " on your day off. NASTY. Poor staffing.

I no longer recommend anyone work here.... I used to love it here.
Pros
good salaries and differentials
Cons
nurse to patient ratio has gotten rediculous, mandation of being on call on your days off, new managers nasty, treat staff like garbage. never used to be this way.
very productive and organized
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Attleboro, MAAugust 1, 2012
management is great and willing to work with schedualing, for a medical assisntant typically would be triaging calls to the doctors and rooming patients. depending on comfort zone and qualifications, you can also give injections and draw blood. everyone is a team worker and willing to help out.
Pros
everyone is very friendly and great communication
Cons
usually will start with per diem but if qualified will put you fulltime
Great learning experience
Nutrition Assistant (Former Employee) –  Attleboro, MAJuly 28, 2015
Management is horrible, Everyone is married to someone which makes things more difficult. Pay is great and end of the year bonuses are great. Would never go back due to management issues human resource managers should not be married to other units managers.
Exciting and ever changing workplace full of new knowledge as well as unprecedented situations with patients
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Attleboro, MADecember 3, 2014
I enjoy working with intelligent coworkers and learn something new every day. The most enjoyable part of the job is dealing with patients and their families, especially the ones that return for care. I call them my regulars and tell them they're my favorites. The most difficult part of the job is making follow up appointments while continuing to greet patients as they arrive for labor checks as well as outpatient testing. Because we're a self contained unit and as such a specialty, we're left to do our jobs with little oversight and the staff works so well as a team that it's a pleasure to look forward to each day.
Pros
The trust the staff has in my ability to do my job
Cons
Must leave the desk for breaks and lunch when I'd rather keep working
Helping patients receive help
Transport Aide - Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Attleboro, MAJune 30, 2013
On a typical day, we may either be running around like crazy or we may have an incredible amount of downtime. When we receive a call, we head to the patients room and transfer them onto a stretcher. Sometimes this is simple and the patient is very coherent and able to walk but other times the patient may be completely helpless. Regardless, there is a lot of communication with the patients and the nurses. The most difficult part of the job is when patients tell you the results of their tests that they are very upset about and there is nothing you can do to change or fix it. The most rewarding and enjoyable part of the job is ensuring that the patients have the most comfortable stay at the hospital possible. I have become close with my coworkers and they are all very hardworking and caring individuals.
A fast paced job
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Attleboro, MAMarch 2, 2013
This job was very fast paced with a lot of responsibilities. Depending on the day, myself and co-workers would either wash pots and pans from the cooks, deliver meals to patients, clean trays and organize the kitchen, prepare meals to be delivered, bring specially ordered meals to patients. I liked the fast paced nature.
Great hospital to work for
Vascular Ultrasound Technologist (Current Employee) –  Attleboro, MAAugust 5, 2015
I have been working at sturdy for few years now, and I am very happy working there. Very encouraging environment, great staff. Welcoming place
Pros
Stable, great managers, encouraging environment
Cons
Nonexistent
1st step into Healthcare
Registration Coordinator, Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Attleboro, MAAugust 7, 2015
I learned alot from this job. How to treat Patients with respect and how to work in a fast paced environment.

It was one of my favorite jobs.
Pros
I was taught alot
Cons
having to leave
Great People
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Attleboro, MAAugust 23, 2015
Great PeopleVolunteer - Office / Environmental / Medical Records / Information Desk
Handmade Birthday Cards for the Volunteers. File records and also, help direct Patients, visitor, phone calls and more.
Switchboard / Answering Service Operator (Former Employee) –  Attleboro, MAAugust 7, 2013
.Working at the company was GREAT Made lots of friends
Learned a lot.
Some Supervisors have little to be desired for
Cons
Supervisors don't understand how to handle personnel with anxiety issues. Instead of helping, they terminate them, so they don't have to deal with them.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Sturdy Memorial Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2