Sturdy Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

Financially sound company - Values employees.
Family nurse practitioner (Former Employee) –  Attleboro, MANovember 23, 2015
Recently retired nurse practitioner after eleven years with Sturdy Memorial Associates. Local practice like a family. Very supportive, great benefits package. Employees valued no matter what their position within the company.
Pros
Excellent benefits. Family atmosphere.
Cons
None that I can think of.
a fun fast pace environment caring for pts who are sick
Emergency Room Technician (Former Employee) –  Attleboro, MANovember 12, 2015
Drawing blood, ADL,, vital signs CPR, postmortem care on patients who don't make it. maintaining pt safety. staff very nice to new comers. eager-ed to teach
Pros
gaing new sills
Cons
very fast place
Great People
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Attleboro, MAAugust 23, 2015
Great PeopleVolunteer - Office / Environmental / Medical Records / Information Desk
Handmade Birthday Cards for the Volunteers. File records and also, help direct Patients, visitor, phone calls and more.
1st step into Healthcare
Registration Coordinator, Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Attleboro, MAAugust 7, 2015
I learned alot from this job. How to treat Patients with respect and how to work in a fast paced environment.

It was one of my favorite jobs.
Pros
I was taught alot
Cons
having to leave
Great hospital to work for
Vascular Ultrasound Technologist (Current Employee) –  Attleboro, MAAugust 5, 2015
I have been working at sturdy for few years now, and I am very happy working there. Very encouraging environment, great staff. Welcoming place
Pros
Stable, great managers, encouraging environment
Cons
Nonexistent
Great learning experience
Nutrition Assistant (Former Employee) –  Attleboro, MAJuly 28, 2015
Management is horrible, Everyone is married to someone which makes things more difficult. Pay is great and end of the year bonuses are great. Would never go back due to management issues human resource managers should not be married to other units managers.
great place to work, they show a lot of employee appreciation!
INFORMATION DESK RECEPTIONIST (Current Employee) –  Attleboro, MAMay 14, 2015
I love working at sturdy memorial hospital in attleboro. It's a great place for patients to be at and a great place to be an employee. I honestly love my job!!
Non profit, good to employees
Maintenance Manager (Former Employee) –  Attleboro, MAApril 8, 2015
a good place to work, good to employees, not much for advancement in my line of work and that is why I left looking to further my career.
Patient Care Liaison
PATIENT CARE LIAISON (Former Employee) –  Attleboro, MADecember 17, 2014
I worked for this facility for a year. I very much enjoy providing patients with care. I was able to communicate with many patients, I valued there opinions and stories. Communication is an important part of the healing process
Exciting and ever changing workplace full of new knowledge as well as unprecedented situations with patients
Unit Secretary (Current Employee) –  Attleboro, MADecember 3, 2014
I enjoy working with intelligent coworkers and learn something new every day. The most enjoyable part of the job is dealing with patients and their families, especially the ones that return for care. I call them my regulars and tell them they're my favorites. The most difficult part of the job is making follow up appointments while continuing to greet patients as they arrive for labor checks as well as outpatient testing. Because we're a self contained unit and as such a specialty, we're left to do our jobs with little oversight and the staff works so well as a team that it's a pleasure to look forward to each day.
Pros
the trust the staff has in my ability to do my job
Cons
must leave the desk for breaks and lunch when i'd rather keep working

Want to know more about Sturdy Memorial Hospital?

Ask a question
A wonderful place and nice staff
clerical assistant (Current Employee) –  Attleboro, MAJuly 9, 2014
I work as a volunteer and I enjoy helping people specially old and disabled.
Great people!
Medical Admin Assistant/Clinical Asst (Current Employee) –  Attleboro, MAJune 19, 2014
I love my patients and what I do for them. It is a busy job every day and one must be able to do several things at once, without jeopardizing quality, privacy, personal and procedural integrity.
Overall good place to work for
Environmental Service Aide (Former Employee) –  Attleboro, MAJune 4, 2014
A good place to work however night management in this particular department is to relaxed and shows favoritism towards some employees.
A remodeled modern hospital with a clean bright atmosphere.
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Attleboro, MAMarch 30, 2014
I am only a per diem employee come only when needed and a pleasant place to come and work with very professional group of people.
one of the best companies to work for
Cook (Former Employee) –  attleboro MAOctober 21, 2013
I moved up the ranks fast from dish washer to lead cook. The pay and staff were awsome and if it hadnt been for the shut down of the hospital i would probally never had left
Pros
great company to work for
Switchboard / Answering Service Operator (Former Employee) –  Attleboro, MAAugust 7, 2013
.Working at the company was GREAT Made lots of friends
Learned a lot.
Some Supervisors have little to be desired for
Cons
supervisors don't understand how to handle personnel with anxiety issues. instead of helping, they terminate them, so they don't have to deal with them.
Quiet, quaint office with a handful of associates.
Telecommunications Operator (Current Employee) –  Attleboro, MAJuly 29, 2013
The department has a very low turnover rate, the employees they have worked there for years. A typical day would be taking calls from both hospital and doctor offices, signing them in and out for lunch, and again at the end of their business day. Taking messages for offices and paging the on call physician for their patients. Handling alarms and making sure the appropriate personnel (in-house and out)are informed.
high paced
Student Intern (Former Employee) –  Attleboro, MAJuly 28, 2013
Working in a fast-paced job makes the day go by faster. Everyday there is something new. The position has you staying busy.
Pros
busy work environment, long and low cost lunches, benifits
Helping patients receive help
Transport Aide - Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Attleboro, MAJune 30, 2013
On a typical day, we may either be running around like crazy or we may have an incredible amount of downtime. When we receive a call, we head to the patients room and transfer them onto a stretcher. Sometimes this is simple and the patient is very coherent and able to walk but other times the patient may be completely helpless. Regardless, there is a lot of communication with the patients and the nurses. The most difficult part of the job is when patients tell you the results of their tests that they are very upset about and there is nothing you can do to change or fix it. The most rewarding and enjoyable part of the job is ensuring that the patients have the most comfortable stay at the hospital possible. I have become close with my coworkers and they are all very hardworking and caring individuals.
Lots of good people to work with
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Attleboro, MAApril 16, 2013
It was a very difficult place to work for many staff shotages over demands . I dealt what was assigned to me because it was my job and it was imprttant to me to give the patients the care they deserved
Pros
year end bonusus
Cons
difficult to take to busy.

4.2