Sturdy Memorial Hospital

Sturdy Memorial Hospital United States Employee Reviews

Patient Care Liaison
PATIENT CARE LIAISON (Former Employee), Attleboro, MADecember 17, 2014
I worked for this facility for a year. I very much enjoy providing patients with care. I was able to communicate with many patients, I valued there opinions and stories. Communication is an important part of the healing process
Exciting and ever changing workplace full of new knowledge as well as unprecedented situations with patients
Unit Secretary (Current Employee), Attleboro, MADecember 3, 2014
Pros: the trust the staff has in my ability to do my job
Cons: must leave the desk for breaks and lunch when i'd rather keep working
I enjoy working with intelligent coworkers and learn something new every day. The most enjoyable part of the job is dealing with patients and their families, especially the ones that return for care. I call them my regulars and tell them they're my favorites. The most difficult part of the job is making follow up appointments while continuing to greet patients as they arrive for labor checks as well as outpatient testing. Because we're a self contained unit and as such a specialty, we're left to do our jobs with little oversight and the staff works so well as a team that it's a pleasure to look forward to each day.
A wonderful place and nice staff
clerical assistant (Current Employee), Attleboro, MAJuly 9, 2014
I work as a volunteer and I enjoy helping people specially old and disabled.
Great people!
Medical Admin Assistant/Clinical Asst (Current Employee), Attleboro, MAJune 19, 2014
I love my patients and what I do for them. It is a busy job every day and one must be able to do several things at once, without jeopardizing quality, privacy, personal and procedural integrity.
Overall good place to work for
Environmental Service Aide (Former Employee), Attleboro, MAJune 4, 2014
A good place to work however night management in this particular department is to relaxed and shows favoritism towards some employees.
A remodeled modern hospital with a clean bright atmosphere.
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee), Attleboro, MAMarch 30, 2014
I am only a per diem employee come only when needed and a pleasant place to come and work with very professional group of people.
one of the best companies to work for
Cook (Former Employee), attleboro MAOctober 21, 2013
Pros: great company to work for
I moved up the ranks fast from dish washer to lead cook. The pay and staff were awsome and if it hadnt been for the shut down of the hospital i would probally never had left
Switchboard / Answering Service Operator (Former Employee), Attleboro, MAAugust 7, 2013
Cons: supervisors don't understand how to handle personnel with anxiety issues. instead of helping, they terminate them, so they don't have to deal with them.
.Working at the company was GREAT Made lots of friends
Learned a lot.
Some Supervisors have little to be desired for
Quiet, quaint office with a handful of associates.
Telecommunications Operator (Current Employee), Attleboro, MAJuly 29, 2013
The department has a very low turnover rate, the employees they have worked there for years. A typical day would be taking calls from both hospital and doctor offices, signing them in and out for lunch, and again at the end of their business day. Taking messages for offices and paging the on call physician for their patients. Handling alarms and making sure the appropriate personnel (in-house and out)are informed.
high paced
Student Intern (Former Employee), Attleboro, MAJuly 28, 2013
Pros: busy work environment, long and low cost lunches, benifits
Working in a fast-paced job makes the day go by faster. Everyday there is something new. The position has you staying busy.
Helping patients receive help
Transport Aide - Volunteer (Current Employee), Attleboro, MAJune 30, 2013
On a typical day, we may either be running around like crazy or we may have an incredible amount of downtime. When we receive a call, we head to the patients room and transfer them onto a stretcher. Sometimes this is simple and the patient is very coherent and able to walk but other times the patient may be completely helpless. Regardless, there is a lot of communication with the patients and the nurses. The most difficult part of the job is when patients tell you the results of their tests that they are very upset about and there is nothing you can do to change or fix it. The most rewarding and enjoyable part of the job is ensuring that the patients have the most comfortable stay at the hospital possible. I have become close with my coworkers and they are all very hardworking and caring individuals.
Lots of good people to work with
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee), Attleboro, MAApril 16, 2013
Pros: year end bonusus
Cons: difficult to take to busy.
It was a very difficult place to work for many staff shotages over demands . I dealt what was assigned to me because it was my job and it was imprttant to me to give the patients the care they deserved
A great place to work and a geat bunch of people
Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee), Attleboro, MAMarch 25, 2013
Pros: the girls are great to work with, hours and benefits
worked on the maternity unit, assisting nurses with patients and stocking and setting up rooms for labor also floated to other units,med surg,ICU
A fast paced job
Food Service Worker (Former Employee), Attleboro, MAMarch 2, 2013
This job was very fast paced with a lot of responsibilities. Depending on the day, myself and co-workers would either wash pots and pans from the cooks, deliver meals to patients, clean trays and organize the kitchen, prepare meals to be delivered, bring specially ordered meals to patients. I liked the fast paced nature.
Professional Atmosphere has declined, Morale low..
Registered Nurse (Current Employee), SeveralJanuary 24, 2013
Pros: good salaries and differentials
Cons: nurse to patient ratio has gotten rediculous, mandation of being on call on your days off, new managers nasty, treat staff like garbage. never used to be this way.
Sturdy USED TO BE one of the greatest hospitals a medical professional could work in. Opinions of staff were highly respected and welcomed, management worked well with nursing staff and treated them with respect, addressed concerns staff had to offer. .

2 Years ago A new VP of nursing and a new director of nurses arrived. Staff has left in droves. Mandatory OT, and "on call " on your day off. NASTY. Poor staffing.

I no longer recommend anyone work here.... I used to love it here.
very productive and organized
Medical Assistant (Current Employee), Attleboro, MAAugust 1, 2012
Pros: everyone is very friendly and great communication
Cons: usually will start with per diem but if qualified will put you fulltime
management is great and willing to work with schedualing, for a medical assisntant typically would be triaging calls to the doctors and rooming patients. depending on comfort zone and qualifications, you can also give injections and draw blood. everyone is a team worker and willing to help out.
disruptive disturbing work place
Cook (Former Employee), attleboro maJune 17, 2012
Cons: everything
work conditions were horrible and so wasn't the staff as much i enjoyed cooking there i was disgusted with the way they handled it

September 20, 2012

The management there leaves a lot to be desired...the most unprofessional, ignorant, cut throat place that I have ever worked...shame on them to display such poor behavior/qualities...this is a hospital where there is an expectation of some degree of professionalism...way too much favoritism...very political...I will never recommend this hospital to anyone...

Great place to wrk, moved, had to get done
Imaging File Clerk (Former Employee), Attleboro, MAJune 5, 2012
collected xrays, answered phones, ran errands, hung xrays for providers review
Busy Community Hospital
Emergency Room RN (Former Employee), Attleboro, MAApril 12, 2012
Pros: conveniently located; well run by management
Excellent staff. coWorkers were always fun and compassionate.
Modern, clean, friendly facility.
Unit Secretary (Former Employee), Sturdy II, Medical/Surgical WardJanuary 16, 2012
Pros: modern, clean, friendly environment.
Cons: i don't recall anything i was unhappy with.
Although it has been a number of years since I worked at Sturdy, I remember it being a wonderful place to work. The management, staff and facility were caring professionals. I enjoyed working there and only left to pursue another position in which I would be able to utilize my clinical skills. Medical Assistants are not used in this hospital, but I did enjoy my position as a Unit Secretary.

About Sturdy Memorial Hospital

Sturdy Memorial Hospital has been a¬†stalwart provider of health care to southeast Massachusetts and Rhode Island since 1913. In – Read more