We are seeking exceptional talent to help continue our mission of creating lasting relationships with buyers, partners, and associates through an unparalleled buying, building, and homeownership experience, a commitment to community, and a work environment built on open communications, accountability, profitability, and integrity.
We are seeking Project Cost Managers with 2+ years of construction field experience, construction estimator experience, or construction purchasing experience. Project Cost Managers will work on accurate master and lot specific budgets for new home construction, while reducing variances and maximizing profitability.
Project Cost Managers will be responsible to:
- Prepare and review lot-specific budgets:
- Confirm that all buyer selections are properly captured in lot-specific budgets.
- Review lot-specific budget for accuracy (pricing captured and take-off estimates reviewed).
- Analyze lot-specific budgets for opportunities to reduce variances by correcting master budgets and take-offs.
- Analyze lot-specific and master budgets for cost savings opportunities while maximizing value to our home owners.
- Manage rebates and model home discounts to ensure savings are received.
- Generate vendor bid sheets, create and distribute bid packages, track progress, review bids and provide cost analysis to Purchasing and Estimating Manager.
- Ensure that all necessary documentation has been collected from subcontractors and vendors prior to start of work and, thereafter, update on an annual basis.
- Establish standard operating procedures for purchasing and estimating, monitor the effectiveness of procedures, revise and improve purchasing and estimating processes and procedures.
- Review and analyze variance report – Provide cause / solution feedback.
- When required, work with subcontractors, vendors, architectural services, and the production team to reconcile bid or take-off discrepancies.
- In coordination with Purchasing and Estimating Manager, maintain sales catalogue for sales department.
- Create and maintain bids for each subcontractor in master bid book.
- Maintain corporate specifications and project specifications, and facilitate distribution to staff members.
- Create and maintain project change notice log.
- Continually self-improve through education.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent military experience
- 2+ years Construction Project Manager / Site Supervisor experience
- Computer proficiency - Microsoft Office with an emphasis on Excel
- Experience in interpreting architectural drawings and engineering specifications
- Ability to develop / review accurate parts and pieces estimates and quantities of materials
- General understanding of construction methods, materials, and standards
- General understanding of building code requirements
In addition to a great team atmosphere, career development and advancement opportunities, we offer full-time employees an extensive benefits package, to include:
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Care - Medical/Dental/Vision/Prescription Drug Coverage
- 401(k) and Profit Sharing Contributions
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Disability Programs
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off & Company Holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Home Purchase Program
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Please reply with resume, cover letter, and salary requirements