Styles for Less Employee Reviews

Productive Monday's
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAJanuary 14, 2018
Monday's were the most busy days out of the week. When i would go open the store my morning consisted of a lot of paper work before opening store. Than prepare the store to open at 10am.
Pros
Helping customers find perfect outfits.
Cons
Rude customers.
good experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Stockton, CAJanuary 10, 2018
Styles For Less was my first job.. a good company to learn and grow with. I started as a sales associate and ended as a store manager. Overall the company provided me with new opportunities and taught me a lot
boring job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 7, 2018
Was not a fun job, but it got the job done. i worked there for 3 months and there was problems with the managers stealing, so they got fired. I was only a sales associate, but always worked with one other person there.
Pros
not much
Cons
low pay
Experience
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Menifee, CAJanuary 6, 2018
Was a great experience to work there. I wish I had more time with the company since in was only there for 3 month. I loved how they trained me to be very knowledgeable with the store and company.
Pros
hours were consistent
Cons
pay wasn't too great
Only if you like slow pace jobs
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Yucaipa, CADecember 30, 2017
Company was going downhill and all new hires were falsely informed. Associate's were great to work with but the manager was not in the position to act as her role. Store was always dead and rarely ever made sales. Only 30 minutes lunches. The company told us we were closing 4 days before Christmas. Not a lot of options to use discount either.
Pros
None.
Cons
Too much to enter.
pretty laid back for being your first job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Stockton, CADecember 29, 2017
the company is pretty cheap however, it was a great first job experience but the company went out of business which is the only reason for not being employed there anymore.
Fun workplace with nice employees and cute clothes
Cashier, Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 28, 2017
One of the best things was being able to creatively work with the clothes. As far as dressing mannequins or helping customers with outfit choices. As far as a retail job, it was one of my best experiences and there is a lot of room for growth
Styles for less
Sales (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, CADecember 24, 2017
Company is closing staff wasn't giving any notice. Also lack of communication from upper corporate management with the closing of stores. District managers are great and staff in the store where loyal to company
Slow and over worked with hostile manager
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Azusa, CADecember 23, 2017
Company wasn't going anywhere and didn't value their employees. Wouldn't listen when you had conflict with other co workers. Even after an attempt to deal with the situation on my own.
Pros
provided employement
Cons
no business
Good Company to work for
Director of Loss Prevention (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CADecember 21, 2017
The culture of the company was good. Many wonderful people to work with. Small corporate structure which added extra levels of responsibility to each person's plate. A lot of great team players.
Pros
Monday Free Meals

Want to know more about Styles for Less?

Ask a question
Fun, Fast-Paced, Perfect for College Students
Full Time Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CADecember 19, 2017
There is a high emphasis for selling fragrances and VIP's and there are penalties for not meeting quotas. ALL management at high risk stores get fired if theft doesn't improve no matter if you are full time, part time, an assistant manager, or store manager. It is definitely a fast paced environment depending on your store location but it can definitely be a fun environment and schedules work well with college students. Full time employees receive benefits which is a plus.
Pros
Discounts, bonus programs, etc
Cons
Poor Higher Ups in HR
Fun workplace and great learning environment.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  West Covina, CADecember 18, 2017
The most enjoyable part of this job was helping customers find the perfect out for their special day. Also, learning how to handle my own money till was a great aspect of working at this job.
Pros
discounts
Cons
short break
Fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Placerville, CADecember 6, 2017
Good starting place to work for a high schooler. I enjoyed my time there working and really enjoyed the girls that I worked with. Condo be quite stressful and hectic at times.
Pros
Fun enevionment
Cons
Stressful
This was one of my first jobs in high school
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Tustin, CADecember 5, 2017
Weekly store scheduling, daily/weekly/monthly Sales Goals & Reports,personally, in three months drove average dollar per sale from $40 to $155, generated repeat business through exceptional customer service, conducted store inventories once per quarter and scheduled and led weekly store meetings for all employees.
Culture of sell and sell more.
It was only part-time
The customers were the best part of the job.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Low pay
First summer job
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZNovember 29, 2017
I usually closed, it was fun working and getting to know new people. I enjoyed my job. Although the hours weren't usually raised it worked out with school. The hardest part of my job in the beginning was challenging with school to do homework. But I eventually got adjusted to working and going to school.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Poor management
Good part time
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Livermore, CANovember 29, 2017
Make sure your manager won’t leave on vacation after hiring you to manage. Place is messy. Lost of last minute cleaning with not enough time i would work here again but as part time if the manager is actually there to train me the right way.
Pros
Small discount.
Cons
Lack of management
Good for a first job
Assistant Manager Retail (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 29, 2017
Styles for less is good for a first job but not for a career. You learn how to build your customer service. They like to make their employees hard working and to move up positions.
Pros
Discount, holiday pay
fun place to work with opportunity for advacement
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  San Marcos, CANovember 28, 2017
A typical day at work is opening the store for business, giving customer service to shoppers and ringing transactions, receiving shipment and preparing outgoing boxes, pushing freight and merchandising new receipts and consistently recovering store. The store managers primary objective is to hold the store and its team to the highest level of customer service.
Na
Retail sales associate (Former Employee) –  Placerville, CANovember 28, 2017
Arrive with a good attitude, be ready to help customer, get the store all ready for customer, help with customer questions and assist with fitting room. Learned to be self efficient, look at new opportunities. Workplace was calm and relaxing. The most enjoyable part of the job was my co workers, miss them dearly. Hardest part was the hours, not enough alone with the job to work with school and renting
Fun place to work at
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Lancaster, CANovember 21, 2017
They girls were so upbeat , down to earth ! Helpful in every way ! We’re able to accommodate you in most things . Great experiences . Beat customer service i have seen
Pros
Break room
Cons
Hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Styles for Less. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9