Styles for Less Employee Reviews in United States

Worst company to work for
Full Time Assistant Retail Manager (Current Employee) –  900 Dana Drive Suite b42, Redding, CA 96003April 29, 2016
I have never worked so hard to be treated poorly by upper management, I have not been relieved for breaks regularly do to constant under staffing, I am under paid making the same wage I made in retail 8 years ago. I have worked mostly 6 day weeks over the course of a year.
Pros
Cute clothes
Cons
Under paid, missed breaks, under staffed, treated poorly
fun place to work
Retail Associate (Former Employee) –  Fontana, CAApril 20, 2016
its enjoyable i learned alot from this company i recommended to people its fun work environment and the coworkers are nice
First job experience
Sales Associate in retail (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAMarch 16, 2016
This was the first job that i have ever worked at. I met a few nice girls that were very willing and open to help when i first started. A day at my job was different than my second one, there was plenty of unloading and unpackaging merchandise to be ready to sale. Keeping a clean enviornment and also an organized wardrobe made customers easier to find what they were looking for. I definately learned that with this job you have to be on your A game. First things first welcoming customers and making them comfortable by asking what they need help shopping for and give them a few new clothing items that just came in. The coworkers were the best they never had a problem helping new employees. On the other hand the hardest part of the job was meeting the quote on the amount of discount cards that needed to be sold in a certain amount of time but other than that it became easier and was definatly a good first job.
Fun, Good Energy,
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, CAFebruary 26, 2016
This was one of my first full time jobs. I had a lot of fun I got really close to the girls I worked with. Unfortunately When I was hired they were having inventory issues so when we weren't able to rectify the situation they brought in a whole new staff and let us go. I was upset I was penalized for a situation that was going on before I got there. I gained a lot of knowledge and experience.
Pros
discount on clothes, Chill, fun
Cons
break violations, manager played favorites with shifts
Fast paced work environment with freedom of visual merchandising
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLFebruary 4, 2016
In my time spent at Styles for Less, I have learned a lot about being a team leader and a successful manager. I ran a million dollar store with 2 full time managers, 1 part time manager and 3 sales associates. The hardest part of my title is balancing my time between tasking and customer servicing, but it was also the best part. I enjoy staying busy and multitasking throughout the day. Our corporate office is based out of California so unless I move across country (out of my own expenses) there is not much more room for growth. I have traveled to other states to train new store managers in visuals, and also ran a new store opening on my last trip to Texas.
Pros
Visual merchandising freedom, traveling, closeness within district
Cons
a lot of blackout dates for vacations
n/a
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CAJanuary 30, 2016
A typical day of work is greeting customers and being of help as much as you can, receiving 5-11 boxes of shipment that have to be done in three hours, I learned to move at a fast pace and do good under pressure. At Styles it is mandatory we sell 'VIP" discount cards, if not then we will get write up if we don't make our numbers in a month. I get along with all my coworkers, no matter what I keep it a professional relationship.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
VIP discount cards are mandatory.
Very Fun place to work for
AMP (Former Employee) –  Chico, CAJanuary 29, 2016
Definitely would work here again.
It was always a relaxing environment to work at.
I learned many things that will help me in the future.
good vibes
Sales Lead (Current Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAJanuary 26, 2016
its a good job if you have no bills to pay but your phone. However, if your maintaining yourself or a family, unless your a full-time manager or the store manager, you wont be able to do it. they give very little hours and the pay is very low. coworkers are friendly, it becomes a very comfortable environment. its just an ideal job for a college student with no loans to pay living at their parents house. the hardest part of the job is the amount of work you do does not equal what you get paid for it. apart from the pay and the hours and the employee discount, its a cool first job.
Pros
25% discount on regular priced items and friendly coworkers
Cons
horrible pay, cheap company
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pittsburg, CAJanuary 8, 2016
My manager wasn't the best at training but overall I still succeeded. What really made me appreciate my job were my great co-workers, they really made the days pass
Busy and time flew by fast
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CANovember 30, 2015
I enjoyed helping customers pick out clothes. I loved my co-workers. Worked around my schedule. Overall, it was a fun place to work at.
Pros
I loved my co-workers
Cons
extremely busy at times
i loved my job! but its a shame i had to leave due to low pay.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CANovember 24, 2015
i loved my job but the pay was low. when my hours were cut they wouldn't raise my pay which meant i could no longer afford day care. they left me no choice but to quit, For the three months that i was there alot of employees went in and out. And they could not find a store manager because they offered low pay. I think the district manager needed some help and maybe she had too many stores. so i think that should be looked into.
fun and fashion forward
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  West Sacramento, CANovember 17, 2015
key holder, open close the store, manage a team, bank runs, great co workers, train and develop team members. i enjoyed helping those who needed help with fashion.
Pros
listen to music and face to face customer service
Cons
rude customers
Positive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Murrieta, CANovember 3, 2015
Positive upbeat company,Loved my co workers and the position in which I worked. Would return there in a heat beat. Such a positive place to work.
great environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New Braunfels, TXOctober 8, 2015
Great place to work with friendly staff. Work load wasn't to much but wasn't easy either so it balanced out. The pay was not ideal for me but being treated well was worth the pay.
Fun and upbeat environment
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Eastvale, CASeptember 25, 2015
I had a very good time working at Styles For Less. The other employees and I had great relationships, in and out of work. My manager was down to earth and professional. Very organized!!!
Pros
discounts on clothes
Cons
not enough hours on my schedule
the job itself
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Folsom OutletsSeptember 24, 2015
Styles for less is still my favorite place to shop. Hands down! so working for them was a awesome experience. Great management.
It wasnt what I would call the management role
Manager (Former Employee) –  Jensen Beach,FLSeptember 16, 2015
It was a seasonal job not given much time or much training was given out. We had to figure out how to do everything for our selves so it was a self learn everything for all the duties that came with the job.
Good job expierience
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Goodyear, AZSeptember 11, 2015
the most enjoyable part of the job is working with others and learning new things about retail. also, talking to customers and selling products.
Pros
talking to customers
Cons
slow days
Productive and fun
Stock Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tulare, CAAugust 13, 2015
A typical day at work is assisting customers in any way they needed it. Also assisting other coworkers to get the assigned job done faster. Maintained a clean and healthy store for our customers to shop in.
Pros
Helping people with fashion
Cons
Some rude customers and shoplifters
Productive work experience
customer service (Former Employee) –  Montebello, CAAugust 12, 2015
Great, fun experience being able to provide customer service. Great communication with other employees. Learned the ropes of working in a fashion retail industry.