Styles for Less Employee Reviews

Typical Work Day
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Hemet, CADecember 6, 2016
The company asks for too many tasks to be completed with too little pay! The hours are not great either. They have no benefits or incentives for holidays or in general. The only people that reap anything are the full-time employees (2). The store manager is great, and very motivational, I just wish that the corporate part of the company offered better incentives to be fully motivated.
bad place
Sales lead (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXJanuary 16, 2017
not organized, management is not good, the store is messy dont give many hours at all and emploeey benefits not worth it im not saying this about all stores just the one i worked at
Productive workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Simi Valley, CADecember 30, 2016
A typical day at work was kind of stressful, not enough employees applied their full potential to their job and it wouldn't be done right or on time and spent too much time chatting/gossiping.
I learned a lot about organizing a store and selling a product to a customer.
Management worked hard to keep things in order and worked very well with employees.
Co-workers were somewhat friendly but gossips about customers and other employees too often that it made me uncomfortable.
Hardest part of the job was multitasking different tasks and getting tasks finished on time.
What I enjoyed most was gaining retail experience.
Pros
Long breaks and friendly staff
Cons
Chaotic workplace, very little space and time to do things
Fun and productive work place
Part-Time Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAMarch 5, 2017
I started off here as a sale associate and soon moved up to Sales Lead then shortly an assistant manager after my 90 days. It would get very busy here which is great because we had daily goals to meet as well as weekly and monthly goals. Assisting customers with their wardrobe as well as making bank deposits. This place taught me a lot about time management and customer service. The most enjoyable part about this job is being able to help the customers put together an outfit after them being frustrated or them just not being able to put one together.
Pros
Nice manager, local, discount on clothing
No team work
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  california east bayFebruary 3, 2017
it was overly structured.
very short on staffing all the time
District manager didn't like to help when asked.
District manager yelled a lot.
District not having your back. lied a lot to cover her self.
When you have a high shrink level only one who is held accountable or it. Is the store manager and assistant manager

The enjoyable part of working for the this company was the teammates I hired that worked hard for me.
Pros
20% off discount
Cons
Work hard for little appreciation
Styles for Less is a company of opportunities, they are such an amazing company. they work with their employees and make sue everyone is happy.
Full-Time Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Peoria, AZJanuary 4, 2017
This company is one of the best I have ever worked for, its never a dull moment, constantly coming up with new ideas to make the company a better place to shop, the girls that work there are some of the kindest and heart warming people I have ever encountered, they do everything they can to make sure you have an amazing experience shopping with them. The hardest part of the job was wall changes, but with such a great team it was a piece of cake. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to see customers feel confident and happy in their own skin, being a part of that moment is indescribable.
Pros
Amazing co-workers, fun enviornment.
Cons
short lunches.
Do not work here!
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Concord, CANovember 20, 2016
The district manager plays favorites to employees, you do not get enough pay for the job detail.The district manager doesn't compensate you for your drive time or for thing you buy from for the store. Treatment from higher up management and hr is ridiculous. As far as the clothes the selection at some store is pretty bad especially when the get holes in it after you wash it for the first time. They do let people go for no reason and will make up lies to say it's something else. Be careful with you can trust.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Pay rate, clothing selection, management, human resources
Good first job.
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix azSeptember 23, 2016
I worked at styles for less for over a year and it was bittersweet for me. It's a great job if you are a teenager that has no bills to pay. You meet amazing people. while I have worked for styles for less I have had at least 8 different teams. You do not get enough hours here if you are not full time. The company is strict with fragrances and VIPs, with NO commission. Training could be better, I was basically doing my own thing the first day I came in and had to be the one to ask for help without getting taught in the first place. I felt like the company didn't appreciate you at all for the amount of stuff you did for the store. You definetly don't get paid enough for what they make you do. I only reccomend this job if you're 18 and living with your parents and bills free, otherwise don't waste your time !
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Hours, pay, training
Fun and steady paced, friendly customers and staff
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Katy, TXMarch 2, 2017
Styles for Less is a customer service focused retail shop for women. There is steady paced business throughout the day into the evening as well. Each shift is an opportunity to improve reward cards and fragrance sales which must meet or exceed personal and store goals. I learned how to selling skills working here and retail organization. We focus on creating repeating rewards customers and this is achieved with being personable and fitting into the boutique style atmosphere. The staff is amazing and very much about team work ensuring everyone is making goals to ensure overall productivity of the store. The hardest part of the job is the small staff because it can leave the store shorthanded in emergent situations. The most enjoyable part of the job is the size of the company, because it is so small we are able to give specific attention to each customer and each other as needed. People really enjoy the customer service and how friendly and willing we all interact with our customers and amongst each other.
Pros
flexible and friendly
Cons
small staff, not that great of pay
It seem like a nice fun working place
Its a good working invirment (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAFebruary 28, 2017
I am very good and very organized about my work and very serious when it comes to my work and very good with people . and real scaptical when it comes to my work . the reason I need this job is just cause I am house to house and I want to live in a stable inviorment
Pros
Free launches
Cons
Health care
Assistant manager
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAJanuary 31, 2017
Let me start off by saying that you don't get paid for what you do on the job. Even as an assistant manager, you only make a few cents more than what sales associates make. It's not worth it and personally; there was too much drama. Not gonna lie it is a good first job and if you are starting out in the retail industry this is a good job; but you are overworked for nothing.
Pros
nice staff
Cons
low pay; drama
Position taught me a lot about what I wanted to get out of a career
Senior Lead Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Goleta, CANovember 4, 2016
During my time at Styles for Less, I was a sales associate then promoted to Senior Sales Lead within the first 90 days of my hiring day. Every work day consisted of helping customers find what they were looking for, solving customers problems as well as any company issues that come up, delegating tasks to other sales associates, and assisting managers with different tasks. For the most part, my coworkers worked hard and contributed to the success of the company.

One major thing I learned to look for when searching for a career was to find a company that valued its employees and vice versa. It's important to me that my coworkers and leaders believe in the company and/or product as much as I do. I believe that this key component is what makes companies so successful.

The hardest part of being Senior sales lead was making sure all employees and customers on the sales floor were happy. I learned how to create a balance between disciplining employees but praising them as well and also making sure the customer got the best deal possible, while staying in the guidelines of the company.

I would say the most enjoyable part of the job was getting to meet new people every single day, helping people make decisions and being able to track myself with the company.
Friendly Atmosphere
Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, CAOctober 18, 2016
Styles for Less is one of those companies that aims to please both their employees and customers. They have daily, weekly and monthly contests for all employees as well as customers which gets people excited and motivates the employees to work hard all the time.
Great environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXFebruary 24, 2017
Great management and fun work environment. Flexible schedules and a good part time job while in school. The Plano location was shut down but there are other locations in the area.
Not good
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Livermore, CAMarch 24, 2017
Terrible not good management
Didn't enjoy working here at all
Training employees was also terrible
Manager was poorly trained as well
Nothing else to say
I enjoyed my time working for this company
Sales/part Time Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 23, 2017
Your day starts by counting the cash register and than proceed to do things that are currently on your to-do list all while making sure your reaching your store goals, personal goals, and engaging with the customers and providing excellent customer service.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Short breaks
I had a great boss, my associates were always a p!easure to work with
Travel and Supplies Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMarch 14, 2017
Travel arrangement, order supplies for the stores and Corporate office, help marketing, help buying department, help the receptionist, help maintenance with the stores, help the Vice President. Saved the company money with travel. And help Hr.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
N/a
worst store ever
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 23, 2017
I made it fun, small store nothing really to do besides shop around, clean up and talk to customers about outfits. the manager came back after maternity leave never met her till then, she told the girls already she didn't like me because she didn't hire me and didn't want new people at her store.
Retail Department Store
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Roseville, CAFebruary 8, 2017
I have acquired exceptional customer service skills as I was in constant contact with our customers and made sure they left with a fulfillment of their needs. My position also included a supervision of the sales associates and to delegate the appropriate tasks.
i loved my job! but its a shame i had to leave due to low pay.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Tracy, CANovember 24, 2015
i loved my job but the pay was low. when my hours were cut they wouldn't raise my pay which meant i could no longer afford day care. they left me no choice but to quit, For the three months that i was there alot of employees went in and out. And they could not find a store manager because they offered low pay. I think the district manager needed some help and maybe she had too many stores. so i think that should be looked into.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Styles for Less. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9