The Lead Software Engineer is an advanced position focused on providing technical and management leadership to the project team in the area of software development activities encompassing the full breadth of the software development lifecycle (requirements gathering, analysis, design, code, test, deployment, maintenance, support and technical documentation) for multiple client systems and IT Services. This position supports the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Air Traffic Organization (ATO) Line of Business with the development and execution of business systems and processes related to the management and development of mission critical FAA programs. The program consists of a multi-technology environment to include but not limited to a .NET framework, ColdFusion, Oracle and Microsoft technologies. Ideal candidate needs to be hands on and should be able work with the team on a day to day basis at a technical level and have the ability to quickly learn and implement new technologies in a dynamic environment.
- THIS POSITION IS FOR ANTICIPATED WORK TO START ON OR ABOUT MARCH 15, 2013 BASED UPON AN EXPECTED CONTRACT AWARD.
The primary function is to lead a technical team in the area of software development, operations and maintenance, systems administration and modernization within a .NET and ColdFusion technology environment.
The project provides the full lifecycle of software development and support while modernizing the current technology and systems to meet the client mission. The position is for a strong software engineer who is a very good communicator, has the ability to provide technical direction and leadership, has deep .NET skills, has designed and developed web applications using the latest .NET framework and ColdFusion technologies.
· Support all current applications, as well as lead in new application development initiatives to rewrite older applications in newer technologies.
· Provide technical leadership in the areas of software engineering and system modernization
· Work in a team environment with shared code; disciplined use of source code control and process documentation.
· Improve software quality by conducting systems analysis, and recommending changes in policies and procedures.
· Performs software development activities encompassing the full breadth of the software development lifecycle (requirements gathering, analysis, design, code, test, deployment, maintenance, support and technical documentation) for web-based applications
· Assists in the development and update of technical and user documentation
· Provides end-user/customer technical support as required
· Performs system enhancements and administration as well as maintenance and corrections
· Responsible for maintaining configuration management of all related source code and subsequent code releases.
Other duties as required
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
BS Degree Required
- 5+ years of experience in Web Development developing multi-tiered applications using ASP.NET and ColdFusion technologies
- Participate in all phases of SDLC including requirements gathering, analysis, design, development, testing, and deployment
- Adhere to project coding standards
- Experience or familiarity with Agile development methodologies
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent time management, multi-tasking abilities
Must be able to obtain FAA Public Trust security clearance.