Suburban Hospital Employee Reviews

Nice people to work with
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Warrensville Heights, OHNovember 14, 2017
Working in the hospital pharmacy was very fast paced. Medications had to be ran up to the floor stat for code blues, Doctors orders would be faxed to the pharmacy and the new medications or IV's had to be on the floor within 1 hour. Had to do some retail, filling prescriptions or other needed medications. Went to each patients file to see if they still need IV's, come back and pre-pair them for the pharmacist to check, Filled Pyxis machines on every floor and in the ER. Monthly inspections had to be completed on each floor and signed off by the charge nurse then the pharmacist. You have to be a multi-taker to keep up.
Pros
Meet alot of new people
Cons
Never got your 15 minute breaks
best place to work
Business Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDOctober 30, 2017
This was a company that I worked for and learnt a great deal. The staff was extremely helpful, and management provided everything needed for growth professionally
Quick paced emergency room technician
Emergency Department Technician (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDOctober 28, 2017
I worked 12 hour days three days a week in the emergency room doing work in the regular ER area, the fast track ER, the trauma rooms and the pediatric ER. I learned my role as a tech during a trauma situation. We had a wide variety of different cultures working together. The hardest part was trying to get to every patient during busy times but I liked the rush and urgency knowing I was helping. I enjoy being the person people come to see on their worst day and making a difference in trying to make it better. It was a very humbling experience.
Pros
Hourly differential.
Cons
Working 12 hours but I like it.
suburban Hospital
Operating Circulating and Scrub Nurse (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDOctober 27, 2017
The Department of Human resources is entreatments difficult to work with and they are very unorganized. they are always finding problems to pay you any overtime, bonus, or anything extra
productive place to work
Diet Clerk (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDOctober 20, 2017
good place to.great benefits.good atmosphere to work in.answering the phone tallking to patient s.nurses etc.learned about different diets and what not to eat if u have certain health issues.management is fair
Pros
free lunch
Cons
u got written up if u are late for work.
Great small hospital, not great nursing managers
Registered Nurse, Clinician II (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDOctober 11, 2017
Too many changes in management. Great nurses and patient care technicians often leave too soon, some staff slacks off and gets away with it. Negative consequences for staff that speak up.
Pros
small hospital feel
Cons
managment
Or
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDOctober 10, 2017
The Or department in Surburban Hospital is phonamal and amazing always proficent and ready to work from the doctors, surgical techs, the PA and espically the ORA I have to give them credit they are amazing in my eyes and they have the most work load gotta love em and gotta love Surburban Hospital.
Fantastic Team work
RN (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDOctober 10, 2017
I worked with a great team of people who always put the patient's needs first. The medical staff was respectful, talented, willing to teach, and easy to work with.
Pros
Lots of learning opportunities, flexible schedule
Kept me running
Electrician (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDOctober 7, 2017
Fast paced. I had to constantly evaluate which jobs to do first and they were always changing. Sometimes it was politics over patients. If I spent time on repairing a patient room I was asked why I didn't remodel an office. If I added outlets to an office I was asked why I wasn't fixing a patient room. Day after day, week after week.
Pros
Good benifits
Cons
politics
Fun department and it never gets boring
Registration Coordinator, patient access (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDOctober 3, 2017
They usually host a launcheon for the staff and a lot of other activities. The hospital is continuously growing and there's always a lot of opportunities of advancement from one department to another.
Great place to work. Team work is effortless amongest disciplines
Care Manager, RN (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDSeptember 11, 2017
From management, to the physicians, other nurses and ancillary staff it was clear the ultimate goal was to provide the best quality care and experience to the patient population. I wish I had never left
a typical work day ....
Respiratory Care Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDAugust 25, 2017
Team work, balanced workload, enough material to work with for patient care, good management, great place to learn new techniques, substantial amount of tuition reimbursement.
Pros
good benefit, balanced work
Patient Care Technician (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDAugust 20, 2017
Suburban is very diverse and encourage advancement with reimbursement. Although the pay could be a little better it is still a great place to work. The hospital is expanding and will be even better in the year to come.
Pros
Advancement, diversity, clean, flexible friendly staff
Cons
Very busy, pay could be better, construction zone makes it hard to park, m
an environment that promoted learning
RN (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJuly 22, 2017
Much of what I learned continues with me today. The teaching environment encouraged personal and professional growth. It was a chance to grow as a nurse and learn many new things.
Phlebotomist (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJuly 19, 2017
A very supportive and team orientated environment. Provides opportunity for growth with the John Hopkins Family. Tuition reimbursement and CCU's offered.
great place
Floor tech (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJuly 7, 2017
This is a great company to work for. If I would not have moved away to Fredericksburg....I would have stayed with this employer. I really enjoyed the people, the benefits, and the pay was great.
employee shuttle bus driver
bus driver (Current Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJune 25, 2017
enjoyable daily routine activity, applying worship 7days a week instead of Sunday only with understanding that the work we perform is helping our community in term of health practice.
We treat our patients, their family members with respect and working together with our local law enforcement agency to keep our community safe
Pros
have the opportunity to interact with diverse group of people
Cons
certain time the traffic can be challenging in downtown Bethesda Maryland
Pleasant workplace
Unit Secretary/PRN (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDMay 31, 2017
The work day was typically busy and steady. Which I preferred when compared to a slow day. The staff was professional and the work relationship commendable. The atmosphere was quite pleasant and enjoyable.
Pros
Flexible Schedule
Cons
Short on staff
Integrity, Excellence, Confiability
Certified Central Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDMay 25, 2017
I have enjoyed working for Suburban Hospital, work in a good
environment is the most important for me, I had a good experience
that help me professionally to increase my knowledge.
Excellent employer
Lead Coding Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDMay 8, 2017
Enjoyed working at Suburban as a remote medical coder & eventually Coding Supervisor. Very employee oriented environment throughout the entire system. The entire hospital staff worked to meet the goals set by the leadership team.