Suburban Propane Employee Reviews

Enjoyable positive work environment
Hazmat Driver (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, VA 23704August 16, 2016
A typical day on this job began with the defining the route, pre-trip inspection, and the delivery of Propane to designated customers. I received HAZMAT training that taught me how to implement the training and the value of using the safety protocols.
The management team was very supportive and willing to provide assistance when needed. My co-workers were supportive and available for questions or intervention when required. There was nothing that stood out as being especially difficult about this job. However, it is worth noting that there were numerous hazards and potential for accidents. By sticking to protocols I remained mindful of them and performed within the realms of safety.
Customer interaction was the most enjoyable part of this job.
Pros
Very positive work environment.
Mutli-tasking, Fast-Paced, Challenging
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Chester, NYJune 21, 2016
Fast-Paced understaffed stressful. I learned how to deal with multiple personalities and to be challenged on a day to day basis. I developed a great work relationships with my co-workers. The hardest part of my day would be that time would run out and would not be able to accomplish what I had set out for myself to do that day. My most enjoyable part of the job was accomplishment when given a difficult task or situation to overcome and succeed.
Pros
Team Work
Cons
Job was 24 hours a day 365 days a year
Past history of all jobs done
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, VTMay 26, 2016
Extensive experience in office procudures; strong banking background;bookkeeping & billing;excellent communications; interpersonal & organizational skills; quickly learn procedures & methods; good computer skills; can multitask;
Honest, friendly & dependable. Suburban let me go & am collecting me go.I answered the phones which was difficult for me as it was all scripted for us.
Pros
TOTAL HEALTHCARE OFFERED
Cons
LUNCH WAS ALWAYS CHANGING FROM 1/2HR ; TO 45 MIN TO 1. HR
Overall paid the bills
Customer Relations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, NHApril 5, 2016
This job, helped me to refine some skills, it was very monotonous, and management seemed to set many incentives to reach goals which we always hit the target and they got a bonus and we got a pizza party. When we did all of the work, there was no input whatsoever. Coworkers were dated in skills, and continuous education was non existent. The hardest part was getting off of the phone long enough to complete a task. The most enjoyable part was the atmosphere.
Knowledgeable employees in a learning environment.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMay 6, 2016
Suburban Propane was a learning experience for me in the Propane business. I enjoyed the fact there was never enough you could learn and there was always room for growth. My direct manager was very easy to talk to and was genuinely concerned for our well being.
Good job if you like long hours in winter
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  FloridaApril 29, 2016
I liked my job, not much to it. Decent pay for the area i was living but no raises in over 2 years. Good benefits, one of the best I've seen. Negatives, oncall and possible long hours in winter, some really old trucks in the fleet.
Pros
Decent pay, good benefits.
Cons
Oncall, possible long hours in winter
For this particular location
Manager (Former Employee) –  TexasApril 12, 2016
Bad management, no workflow, no communication, unorganized, and not much interest in policies and compliance.

Lost over 3000 customers because of prior management, customer service staff, service, and drivers.
Pros
company itself is wonderful
Cons
horrible office space, bathroom, and no breakroom
Very good work staff
Credit and Collection Rep (Former Employee) –  Dewitt, NYMarch 31, 2016
Responsibilities include keeping several hundred accounts up-to-date and delinquency under control with the use of sound problem-solving solutions. Telephone contact with Client and to collect on outstanding payments. Report to management how remote locations are doing in my projected area.
Good Company to work for.
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Harrisonville, MOAugust 9, 2016
Driving different locations delivering propane.
The company always had your back .
Good support.
Pretty much your own boss.
Pros
Your pretty much your own boss.
Cons
The cold & weather in winter months.
Difficult Managment
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Whippany, NJJuly 27, 2016
Typical day at work was always unpredictable. No upper managment support. Co-Workers very disgruntled and not happy with the workng eviroment.
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
No support from Upper Managemrent
Awful
Reconciliation Clerk / Payment Processer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 5, 2016
This company is awful to work for. They are not organized. There is no training program set up. No warning for our job ending. Be warned this is not a good company to work for.
Pros
noting
Cons
unorganized
Productive and Straight-forward
Customer Service Representative Tier 2/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYApril 8, 2016
A great company/place to work. Safe work environment. Training is great. I was allowed to advance. The only negative is that it is a temporary job; employment term.
Pros
The company is willing to train if a desire to advance
Cons
Temporary
Would Recommend
Regional Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Boise, IDJuly 23, 2016
Flexible daily schedule
Great benefits
Learned new industry
Manager didn't micro manage
Some travel but no overnights at this time
Hard to compete in our market place
good company takes care of employees
MARKET MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Tullahoma, TNJuly 12, 2016
I served as a market manager for southern Tennessee had a 7 million dollar budget and managed 20 full time employees was responsible for all aspects of the business
Terrible
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 11, 2016
Unfortunately, The Manager at the location I was at didn't care about her employees at all. It was an awful place to work, and almost everyone there hated it. Drivers included.
I enjoyed working for Suburban Propane
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJune 28, 2016
I enjoyed working for Suburban Propane. The company has a nice calm atmosphere and the management and the employees are great.
Csr I
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  contact Center SyracuseMay 9, 2016
This was an ok company to work for. The supervisors leave something to be desired....make promises they cannot keep....and then let you go with no notice
Pros
took care of emplyees on holidays
Cons
management
Productive work place
Bulk Driver (Former Employee) –  Hialeah, FLJune 27, 2016
Unexpected and always different stressful unorganized great benefits good environment co workers nit friendly great safety meetings
long hours no life
bobtail driver (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaDecember 12, 2015
work their as a season driver
all drivers schedule 4 10hr days
but u actually work 6 10 hr days
long hr /no life
making delivery at nite not safe thing do
other company i work for in past as soon as it got dark
heading back to yard
Also god forbid u get hurt their
worker comp insurance sucks
going need wc lawyer to fight for pay& treatment
just a reg job , pay scale i feel below scale
a lot of responsibility co worker good guys mgmt
easy going,
Pros
low pay
Suburban Propane
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  East Syracuse, NYNovember 1, 2015
a typical day at suburban was pretty slow you but you were required to answer phones and transfer to the local service center if open and and slic all calls, learned how to be sufficient at taking calls making payments, scheduling deliveries and processing request for emergency service, emergency delivery. Management was okay none of them really coached like they should have. Co-workers are friendly. job is simple nothing hard about it. It is a laid back atmosphere and they let you use your phones or tablets or lap top if your in green or yellow but if in red it must be put up they have stop lights around the call center that show you the status you are in.

2.5