POSITION TITLE: ASSISTANT MANAGER
REPORTS TO: MANAGER/OWNER
The Assistant Manager supervises daily operations to ensure that food safety, product preparation, and cleanliness standards are maintained. Schedules and supervises staff. Maintains standards of restaurant safety and security. Exceptional customer service is a major component of this position.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Performs all tasks and responsibilities of a shift manager as outlined in shift manager job
2. Manages a staff of approximately 4 to 12. Assigns, oversees and evaluates work.
Recommends promotion, transfer, or termination of employees. May conduct written and
verbal staff evaluations.
3. Coordinates and supervises staff so that standards of cleanliness are maintained as outlined
in the SUBWAY® Operations Manual.
4. As needed, supervises food preparation to ensure that food safety and operations standards
5. Performs paperwork duties as needed.
6. Assists with planning of special events and promotions.
7. Completes online coursework on the University of SUBWAY® as directed.
Education: High school graduate
Experience: Experience in QSR operations, preferably with supervisory experience. Requires excellent communication skills, ability to deal with all levels of employees. computer knowledge is desirable.
Physical: Must be able to work any area of the restaurant when needed and to operate a computerized Point of Sale system/cash register. Position requires bending, standing, and walking the entire workday. Must have the ability to lift 10 pounds frequently and up to 30 pounds occasionally.