Subway Employee Reviews in United States

Found 11,305 reviews matching the search
Productive work environment
cashier, & customer service (Former Employee) –  Prineville, OR 97754August 26, 2016
Subway was a pretty fun place to work. The scheduling needed some improvement. I liked only working and dealing with one manager in my job here instead of multiple managers that didn't communicate.
The scheduling was very unfair and the manager did favor two people over anyone else because their mom lost her job. I was scheduled 0 hours a week with 6 check ins. Meaning you call 15 minutes to 6 and see if they needed you and you were expected to be there by 6. It was difficult to make plans or have a daily normal life with this tye of schedule.
There was no advancement with this company due to only having one manager.
I loved my coworkers here and I became family to several of them and it made my job enjoyable.
Pros
Free 6 inch subs
Cons
Scheduling
I enjoy my coworkers and the customer are good.
Sandwich Artist and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 26, 2016
We all try to do our part so it does stay a clean work environment. The sad thing is there is a lot of preference and it shows in the treatment.
Pros
a free 6inch meal.
Cons
very hard to get a break if alone. management has a tendency to call you out publicly.
Great first-job experience. I learned a lot about the working environment with this job.
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Maple Valley, WAAugust 26, 2016
This was a very first job. This job taught me many important lessons about good customer service, working with a variety of different co-workers, and job advancement. It provided a flexible schedule which was helpful in high school and provided me with many skills to apply to future jobs,
Pros
Half off lunches, adequate advancement opportunities, great co-workers.
Cons
No healthcare.
Productive yet Easy
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Taunton, MAAugust 26, 2016
It was nice and productive, making people sandwiches their own way and with their liking, but besides that everything was fine, i enjoyed woking with friendly coworkers, satisfying the customers and cleaning up around the store
Fun and interesting work place
Shift Manger (Former Employee) –  Oswego, NYAugust 26, 2016
* make subs, prepping food and cleaning
* costumer service
* Management was really up tight
* Dealing with un-happy costumers was the hardest
* i loved meeting new people
Pros
1/2 off food
Cons
breaks were short
productive friendly
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brandon, FLAugust 26, 2016
productive enjoyed customers and the relationships with them management changed a lot but the customers were friendly for the most part it was a fun work environment . a typical day there was mostly customer service some dishes here and there the hardest part was my management it changed all the time so it became very unorganized and kinda stressful.my co workers were the best i loved all of them and they were great workers we always had a good system.
Cons
management
A night of making subs, cookies, and bread .
Sandwich Artist and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLAugust 26, 2016
At Subway there are many responsibilities. There is also lots of down time. The times where responsibilities come in is when baking. No matter what you always need to remember that the oven is on. When putting bread in the oven DO NOT forget to set the timer. Employees are supposed to have evaluations every three months, but as long as I have been there I have only seen one given to one employee.
Pros
Free subs
Cons
Management is hard to get in contact with when needed. No employee evaluations to help get a raise.
Horrible
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Former Employee) –  La Porte, INAugust 26, 2016
Working for Subway was hard. The management is very family oriented and they treated me kind of badly. I was pregnant and was working 10-12 hours a day and it just became too much. I was fired and denied unemployment.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Working with people you knew who didn't care for you.
Fun fast past
Subway Artist (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, WIAugust 26, 2016
I enjoyed working there I just didn't make enough money for the time spent. Enjoyed learning about making sandwiches. Most employees were very nice and fun to work with.
Productive and fun professional
Subway Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Hardin, TXAugust 26, 2016
All aspects are very wonderful and professional working environments, I've learned the importance of TACT and most importantly who I am as an individual and how I have a gift to make others around me know that they have the right guy, that everything is taken in to consideration and tended to in a timely and orderly fashion...
Pros
Easy to progress and move up in position, competitive pay, willing to teach
Cons
Nothing that could not be adjusted to...
Customer service, make sandwiches
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Fairview, ORAugust 26, 2016
Customer service, tidy store manage inventory make sure my scheduled duties are finished before i clocked off my shift. do cash drops, and operate cashier.
Pros
worked well with school
Cons
pay
Fun but tiring
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Mebane, NCAugust 26, 2016
Can be fun if you enjoy the people you're working with but I often felt overworked and underappreciated by the customers as well as the management. Customers can also be very demanding so it helped build patience.
Pros
Free sandwich every day
Cons
Not enough raises, demanding customers, overworked and understaffed at times.
not worth is
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAAugust 26, 2016
The job was very demanding for a low wage paying job , my schedules were very mediocre as if the manager had not read it after posting.
Pros
tips
Cons
rude customers, very poor food quality, and too low wages
It was my favorite job!
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Garden City, KSAugust 25, 2016
Subway was my favorite job that I've ever had! I made good money, I enjoyed the management, and hours. I quit for personal reasons.
Fun place to work!
Food Clerk (Former Employee) –  Prosser, WAAugust 25, 2016
Typical day at work involved providing customer service and making sandwiches...obviously. My manager was awesome! Always friendly and encouraging others, and knew how to handle problems in a professional manner. My coworkers were great. Easy to get along with and everybody did their job. Hardest part of the job was closing the store by myself. Sometimes there would be game trips and so a whole buss load of people would come in plus the regular customers. Most enjoyable part of the job was having a great team of people to work with. I learned a lot as far as customer service goes. Treat people how you would like to be treated.
Pros
Great environment, Easy job
Cons
No benefits, No lunch breaks
prodctive and a great work place
foodhandler (Former Employee) –  Hempstead, TXAugust 25, 2016
I love working their at subway in Hempstead TX the coworker were ever nice the management was a great I love them. I love the food and I had really flexable hours and I really enjoy it a lot I have learn a lot from that job how to be communicate and learn how to treat your costumer with respect and I a typical day at work was easy except for lunch hour but it was really a great job opportunity I had
Baked bread, Made sandwiches, Closed up shop
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Northford, CTAugust 25, 2016
Subway is a good place to work every shift you work with one other person. I would usually close up most of the shift is making sandwiches and cleaning and prepping .
Pros
free lunches
Cons
no breaks
Entry Level Job
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Litchfield, MNAugust 25, 2016
There isn't much room for advancement, but that is to be expected. i was in high school while employed here, and they were very accommodating with a flexible schedule to work around both school and homework. All of the fellow employees were extremely kind and always wanted to help in any way they could.
Fun job with great co workers
Crew Member/Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, NHAugust 25, 2016
I loved Subway, it was easy light work that I can physically handle. The management was terrific and the bosses were VERY flexible with my schedule when I needed them to be.
Easy as pie
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHAugust 25, 2016
Making pizza and subs for customers. getting free pizza but have a bad diet. tips are usually nice no matter where u deliver. Customers seems to want perfect pizzas.

2.8