Subway
8,696 reviews

Subway United States Employee Reviews

Healthy Fast Food Restaurant
Sandwich Artist and Cashier (Former Employee), Arnold, MOMay 5, 2015
Pros: I had a job to pay some bills and take care of my two boys.
Cons: The pay was minimum wage and there was no chance of advancement.
I would leave my college class and drive straight to Subway, help serve customers the rest of the afternoon lunch rush then start cleaning up the line and restock for dinner rush. Dinner rush would last about four hours. Cleaning, stocking, and making sure bread was counted and panned out properly was important. Also, cash deposits were made every hour and the last one of the night had the ticket with it on how much that store had made that day. I closed by locking up and setting an alarm.
Great for a first job
Sandwich artist (Former Employee), Moncks Corner, SCMay 4, 2015
This is great for a first job, it is all easy work to pick up on, The hardest part is the hours, they are either way too much or never enough
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Former Employee), Greenville, SCMay 4, 2015
Pros: Free lunch
Cons: No benefits
A typical day here was full of laughter. I enjoyed my job here because I had regular customers who I enjoyed seeing on a day to day basis. I learned how to memorize and to how to work on my communicating skills. The hardest part was having to leave and the most enjoyable was clocking in.
It was productive, but lacked some skills in management.
Sandwhich Artist (Former Employee), Centralia, MOMay 4, 2015
Pros: Discounted Lunch
Cons: let people go early, then we would get busy and have to do it alone.
There were favorites that my manager treated better. Like the younger ones that where in school, got off when needed, but me as a mother had to fight to get a day off it I really needed it. Hardest part was when working alone, and having to pick up the slack that the others didn't do.
Fun but Chaotic, not always good chaotic...
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Camp Lejeune, NCMay 4, 2015
The people are for the most part pretty awesome, it's a fun and fast paced environment, but management is kind a hit or miss. Pay isn't so hot.
Very chill and relaxed
Crew Member (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 4, 2015
Pros: discount sandwiches
Cons: cutting onions
Working at Subway isn't all bad. A normal day at work usually isn't much either. Its when the rushes happen does the day really seem to start. I've learned that there's more to making sandwiches and craving over the ideal sandwich in TV commercials. Management was pretty cool but at times flat. co-workers where mostly in high school. The hardest part about working at Subway is having a customer walk out on you in the middle of making their sandwich (which upsetting and annoying) or having to tell them that we're out of a certain item. The most enjoyable part is getting the discounts on my on sandwiches and being able to *have it your way.
Fun place to work
Manager (Current Employee), Grissetown NCMay 4, 2015
Pros: Benifits
Cons: Healthcare prices
I have learned how to interact with customers.
I have also learned how to manage a crew of people
The most enjoyable part about the job is being able to show people things that I have learned to better other employees.
Lots of responsibility
Manager/Supervisor (Former Employee), Marquette, MIMay 4, 2015
company was great to work for. Had a good relationship with all my employees but found it was the biggest challenge of managing the whole store.
prodcutive work place
Cashier/Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Jonesboro, GAMay 4, 2015
Pros: i loved making the sandwiches for the customers
Cons: no higher pay raise(NEVER), food was not free
l enjoyed working for subway but the management does not want to reward you u with higher pay, they use you to clean up their mess, they dont give extra hours, and they dont work around your schedule, but the customers were wonderful to serve.
Making Sandwiches all day
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Reedley, CAMay 3, 2015
Pros: Free lunch
Cons: The employees
My day was the same when you work in a fast food place, it felt like I was back in high school with no one acting like a adult and not doing their job right, so I would have to do their job instead.
I love my job
Crew Member (Current Employee), Livingston, LAMay 3, 2015
Pros: depends on the subway but, mine you work four hours and get a free six inch.
Cons: Only con no room for advancement but, it is what it is.
I have worked for eight years and I have enjoyed it immensely.
I work with a loyal clientele and new customers as well which has always been great from both sides old and new faces. The job itself is simple enough. prepare food, help customers, and work well with your manager and coworkers, and simple cleaning. Love what you do and your job is never a job.
Great Company
Restaurant Manager (Current Employee), Dawson, GAMay 3, 2015
Great company to work for in my past years in management. No room for advancement because of the size of the company. My typical work day consist of managing the restaurant and working on line providing great customer service.
I enjoyed working here.
Casheir\subway maker (Former Employee), Grandview, WAMay 3, 2015
I learned different skills in this job.
all the co-workers were great with me.
at first the harderst part was learning all the different recipes to the subways.
Fun enviroment
Sandwich artist (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLMay 3, 2015
Pros: free lunches, good employees
Cons: no health care, small pay
Employees were fun to work with and we got along great as a team. I learned every function there was to know to manage a subway in less than a week. I learned how to handle unsatisfied customers with care and a smile.
it was good hardwork was needed but but great co workers
Subway Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Aurora, COMay 2, 2015
Pros: free lunches and my boss was very respectful and understanding
Cons: my shifts were sometimes not posted
i really enjoyed it the enviornment was welcoming everyone was respectful an polite in and out of work they gave me a decent amount of hours which i enjoyed because i enjoy working extra hours
Fun to work at, but very exhausting, and with little reward
cashier (Current Employee), Tallahasse FloridaMay 2, 2015
Pros: Free food
Cons: busy on the weekend
I worked at a very busy location on campus of FSU. Due to it's convenient location many customers would come throughout the day, and this would lead to sometimes working for 6 hours straight without a break or leaving the sandwich line.
Its a sandwich shop that could be improved
Subway (Former Employee), Choctaw, OKMay 1, 2015
Pros: Its a job..
Cons: Hours, no health care, very bad management
I enjoyed the time spent here to an extent. It is moderately clean and an alright place to go. Not really going to say much more than that.
Interesting workplace
Shift Leader & Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Lake City, SCMay 1, 2015
Pros: Free lunch, flexible work schedule
Cons: Short breaks, NO security
A typical day of work included me coming in 30 minutes before my shift. I would come in and count my register, and prepare products for the rest of the shift. The hardest part of my job was making sure everyone was on track and doing what they're supposed to be doing. It was difficult because there weren't any cameras and I couldn't control activities that went on behind my back. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting new people and everyday and being able to satisfy needs.
Very exploitative work environment
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Chester, NJMay 1, 2015
Minimum wage pay, no specific job duties, you just do whatever they tell you. Lack of communication and no opportunities for raises or advancement.
work with great people
Subway maker (Former Employee), Cherokee, IAMay 1, 2015
Pros: smiling every day
Cons: was leaving the custmers
i love my job n wk with great people n love my custmers came to wk with happy smiles with all my jobs the hardest is leaving n the good part is i love my custmers

1 2 3 4 5

About Subway

The SUBWAY restaurant chain is the world's largest submarine sandwich franchise, with more than 28,500 locations in 86 countries. – Read more

Subway Salaries