Subway
9,272 reviews

Subway Employee Reviews

Youthful workplace in a high-paced setting
Cashier (Former Employee), Lincoln, NEJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Fun Coworkers, Music Played for Employees, No Scheduling Conflicts
Cons: Strict Uniform Wear, Short Breaks
Typically a day at work surrounds making sandwiches for customers, preparing all food and supplies for store, and cleaning on down time. The customers are always pleasing and at this store people regularly come back and the employees gain great relationships with them. Management is easy to work with and scheduling is not a hard conflict. Your coworkers are fun and easy-going who can help you get through a long shift. The hardest part of the job was the down time when no customers came in. But the most enjoyable time was when the customers actually did come in. I learned great communication and people skills at this job as well as gaining life long friendships with my coworkers.
Very fun workplace!
Sandwich maker (Former Employee), Martinsville, INJuly 1, 2015
Pros: 50% off food
Cons: short breaks
A typical day at work for me was very busy and fun. We all worked together as a team to get the job done and I am very thankful to have been able to work with the crew I was with. I learned better communicating skills and how to be productive with each minute I got. My co-workers were hard working and super enjoyable to be around. The hardest part of the job was memorizing each sandwich but once I got it down it was simple! The most enjoyable part of the job was to interact with all kinds of people!
Fast paced energetic enviorment
Store Manager (Current Employee), Helena, MTJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Friendly customers, free food, paid vacation and sick time after one year
Cons: No breaks, Not many benefits
Being a Manager at Subway entails a lot of things. I have to keep track of my employees and what they are doing at my store on a daily basis. I write the weekly labor schedules with the amount of labor hours I am given. Every week I accurately count all of the products that are in my store as well and deciding what I need to order for the upcoming week. I handle food every day, so food safety is a must. I hire and train employees for my store and make sure they are correctly doing their jobs. I handle cash, from giving change to customers to doing our bank deposits and change orders. The hardest part of the job is managing personal time and work as well as being assertive and hard of the employees when need be. I think the most enjoyable part of the job is working with the customers. I love customer service, so they make the job well worth all the troubles.
stress
clerk, shift leader, assistant manager (Former Employee), kernersville, ncJuly 1, 2015
If I did not open the store myself then I would begin receiving phone calls around 6am with questions, and continue to receive calls until midnight, even on my days off. There was not much help from upper management when questions or concerns would arise. I learned how to problem solve quickly and on my own.
Fast past and great co-workers
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCJuly 1, 2015
When anyone walks in we greet them by saying "Hey!". I then go to the back, put my things away, make sure my uniform is right, and start to work. If the outside of the restaurant needs to be clean then I do that first. Then I make sure there is enough ingredients on the Subway line. I learned to never stand around looking when there are no customers to be served and to listen to carefully to the customers orders around lunch time. My boss and my co-workers are great at what they do. They taught me a lot that I needed to know. The hardest part about working at Subway was to not burn the sandwiches in the toaster. The most enjoyable part was to be able to take a sandwich home when I clocked out.
Fun and enjoyable work for during college.
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), North Jackson, OHJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Free lunches
I enjoyed working at Subway for four years during college. I enjoyed the others that I worked with, the free subway lunches, and the bonuses every year for Christmas. I had great bosses that ran my store, and I truly enjoyed it there.
Fun place to work with awesome co-workers
Sub Artist (Former Employee), Russell, KYJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Good co-workers and an awesome manager
Cons: None
At this job you are always busy doing something, but the coworkers are always helpful and fun to work with. The manager was all around a good hearted woman, but knew her job well. I actually enjoyed going to work.
Fun working environment. Positive people.
Crew Member (Current Employee), Buffalo, NyJuly 1, 2015
Pros: Free lunches, good work environment
Cons: No cons
Nothing is really difficult at this job at Subway. It may get crowded from time to time but our staff does a magnificent job on handling customers under pressure. consists of basically making sure everything in the store is running smooth and efficiently.
Cashier
Cleaning (Mopping, Sweeping, Wiping down machines and Tables)
Making submarine sandwiches, salads, etc.
Providing the best Customer Service
Counting total amount of money in cash register
Preparing and prepping meats vegetables
Cutting meats & vegetables
My experiences
Sandwich Artist/ Key holder (Former Employee), Spartanburg, SCJune 30, 2015
Pros: discounts for associates
I loved working with Subway. The management was amazing and all the associates were told exactly what to do and how to do it correctly and fairly easily.
Face paced
Store Manager (Former Employee), Lincoln NEJune 30, 2015
Worked on UNL campus so it was extremely pressing everyday to get enough product for the days work. I learned general management there and how to delegate to people. The owner was horrible, the GM didn't know how to hire, the hardest part was training so many new people and there wasn't much enjoyment in the job.
Very well managed and organized
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Washington, DCJune 30, 2015
Pros: Lunch was included
Cons: n/a
a typical day at subway is very simple all you have to do is listen to what the customer wants and you deliver, that's what was good with this job it taught me how to communicate with people during any type of mood.
productive
Sandwhich Artist (Current Employee), Titusville, FLJune 30, 2015
Cons: no breaks, not allowed more than 28 hours a week
A typical day at work involves the same things everyday. I learned how to make sandwiches, cater to the customer, make a sandwich in under 90 seconds, I learned how to work the register, stock food, prep food, bake bread as well as cookies. The hardest part of my job is not any part at all. Although, when I am working by myself and have a lunch rush, it gets pretty busy and overwhelming but it is not anything I can not handle.
you have to be fast we would make 70 t0 80 sandwiches an hour.
shift leader (Former Employee), clearfield, utJune 30, 2015
Pros: we ate free when we worked for 4 hours or more.
Cons: employees didn't get along.
a lot of the co-workers did not listen to the shift leaders, made it difficult to do things, and to get stuff done on time. the most enjoyable part was the days off.
i wont it to be a fun place to work
food (Former Employee), odenvill ALJune 29, 2015
Pros: N/A
Cons: N/A
its a nice place to go and eat with my family and its very clean and it seems like a very helpful group of peoplethere seems like they wont the best for the tens that come troug tere
A great learning environment
Sandwich Maker (Former Employee), OKCJune 29, 2015
Great place to learn all about customer service. It was a great job for working through college. It was not like your typical fast food job as I got to learn a lot on how to run a subway store, and be a leader.
Organized busy clerk
Fuel Desk Clerk, Turn Pike Shell (Former Employee), Wauseon, OHJune 29, 2015
Pros: responsibility
Cons: not team oriented
opened up restaurant with computer work, baking, food prep, organized, clean, inventory

Desk fuel clerk- money handling, different computer systems, cleaning, lottery
ok job, poor management
CASHIER/SANDWICH ARTIST (Former Employee), Chino, CAJune 29, 2015
The job is easy to learn, customers are regularly nice except for few that obviously are having a bad day.

Coworkers were great, but scheduling and management was awful. Store managers was usually a young employee who didn't have the skills to manage and also favored certain coworkers during scheduling. District management was wife of the owner in that district who clearly favored people and lacked proper managing skills.

Job is fun and good for a first job but management makes is hard to work there long.
Awful management good coworkers
Food Service Worker (Former Employee), Bonney Lake, WAJune 29, 2015
Pros: Free 6 inch every 4 hours
Cons: No benefits that were long lasting
Loved the coworkers and experience however management was awful and not organized. The hardest part is learning every aspect to sandwiches and the most enjoyable was serving the customers as well as keeping up with the fast pace.
Great environment to work in
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Current Employee), Greenbrier, ARJune 29, 2015
Pros: Co workers, flexible schedule
Cons: No benefits, not enough pay, no opportunities for advancement
A typical day at work consists of prepping condiments for sandwiches, preforming daily chores such as sweeping, mopping, cleaning lobby and bathrooms, etc. From this job I have learned how to manage my time between work, school and home. I have also learned how to handle cash and how to balance drawer. My co workers were great to work with, normally drama free work environment. Hardest part of the job would be dealing with rude customers, but learned how to handle them very well. The most enjoyable part of the job would be working with all of the amazing co workers that I had the opportunity to work with.
Nice place to work
Manager (Current Employee), Bensalem, PAJune 29, 2015
Pros: Discount on food.
Cons: Low pay.
he days were normally always good, some days were slow some are very busy. I've learned a lot working here, how to use the cash register, take care of customers, count inventory, take delivery, and put everything into the computer system.
My co-workers, they've all been sweet, very kind-hearted people, I never once had a problem with them.
Hardest part of the job was working alone especially when business was super busy.
The most enjoyable part of my job was dealing with the customers and seeing all my regulars who come in on a day to day basis.

1 2 3 4 5

About Subway

The SUBWAY restaurant chain is the world's largest submarine sandwich franchise, with more than 28,500 locations in 86 countries. – Read more

Subway Salaries