Subway

9.9K reviews

Subway Employee Reviews

It is an accommodating place to work for students like me, very supportive management, helps to develop/enhance customer service skills.
Cashier/Sandwich Artist (Current Employee), Rocklin, CAAugust 31, 2015
I enjoy helping customers as well as my coworkers. It's a great place to interact with customers. This is my first job and has definitely helped me to improve my people/customer service skills.
It has been great working here, however I would like to try something new
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee), Chula Vista, CAAugust 31, 2015
It has been a long time coming but with a flexible scheduling system and great coworkers I feel like its time to move outside of the sandwich making life and into something a bit different. Looking forward to whatever the world has to offer!
fun place to work
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Salado, TXAugust 30, 2015
Pros: you always had time to get the work done
Cons: I didn't like the nights shift closing.
I enjoyed my job at subway they are just like Walmart I would always going back to that company they where always good to me.
Subway
Sandwhich artist (Former Employee), Westerville, OHAugust 30, 2015
Subway was my fist job which was perfect. It was easy and not hard to do. Great first job. The tasks required were easy. The amount of responsibility that was required to close the shop alone at 17 years old was a big task. I learned how to talk to customers politely, work at a fast pace, and meet requirements and duties left by managers. Co workers were ages from 16-22. The hardest part of the job was closing the shop alone at 11 at night.
Shift leader that managed staff in a fast paced environment
Sandwich artist shift leader (Former Employee), Tracy, CAAugust 30, 2015
Pros: Earned skills
Cons: No overtime
As it was my first job, I learned to be confident. From making just a sandwich, I moved my way up to training new hires. Handled customer complaints, managed the store by myself. Prepared weekly inventories.
Not a fan of this job
Part time food handler (Former Employee), Troudale OregonAugust 30, 2015
Very unprofessional work environment, I do not recommend this job to anyone. Unorganized and very biased managers. You are not appropriated at this job.
Rude Managers and Owners
Night Manager (Former Employee), Night ManagerAugust 30, 2015
I became a night manage 2 months into working there and coming up on the 5th month I found out from a co-worker that they were going to hire her in my position.
I was getting 5 nights a week, about 32 hours/week. I started school so asked for my nights off to change and ever since then they cut my hours to 3/4 days a week and even cut the hours per day.

Very unprofessional ownership and lots of gossip between owners and managers.
friendly
Sandwich Artist and Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Littleton, COAugust 30, 2015
this is a family owned restraunt it was fun because we all loved eachother like family. there was never gossip! the food was wonderful too!
fun work environment where you can build relationships with guests and coworkers alike
crew member (Former Employee), phoenix azAugust 30, 2015
Built relationships with guests and coworkers while providing sandwiches. Fun and easy-going managers that really listen to concerns. Never a boring moment because there is always someone to talk to or guest to assist.
A good beginning job
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Rocklin, CAAugust 29, 2015
Mostly positive but most things have drawbacks. At Subway i got along with my employer well. I was paid minimum but I worked 30-36 hours a week so I still made a good amount from it. A downside may have been that working in two person shifts there was a lot of work to be done in a short amount of time not including customers, so when customers were added in you lose more time and may have to stay a little later than closing.
This Job isn't for college students
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee), 23223August 29, 2015
Pros: 50% off food
Cons: No breaks, healthcare, or rasies
They make it seem as if their willing to work with you with your class schedule to get you in the door and working for them but once you've worked there for a few months they go back on their word and it's nearly impossible to get a raise there.
Great Company- Unstable hours
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee), Boca Raton, FloridaAugust 29, 2015
Pros: Free lunches
Great company- fun atmosphere. Unstable hours and management. You learn a lot about food preparation. Customer interaction is great if you are a sociable person!
Fast paced work in fast food
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Hendersonville, NCAugust 29, 2015
Fast paced work for not a lot of money. Typical fast food job. Nothing great about it. Not exciting at all. I wouldnt suggest working there.
Every subway is different.
Shift Leader (Former Employee), Los AngelesAugust 29, 2015
Since subway is a franchise every experience is different.
The owner I worked for loved and cared for his employees. The customers were great, and we were always well staffed.
But when he decided to sell his store and move across the country the store went downhill. Pay cuts, labor cuts and everyone felt it.
Productive and fun to work
Team Member (Former Employee), Santa Ana, CAAugust 28, 2015
I enjoyed working there,gained alot of experience, loved interacting with the costumers there,loved the job in general,grate experience
Great job to learn customer service and learn to train employees
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Phoenix, AzAugust 28, 2015
Pros: Great job for teenagers, in between job, or a second job
Cons: no health benefits, low raises per year you work
I have enjoyed working with them and being an assistant manager, I have learned how to deal with difficult customers, specific customers, cash handling accuracy, management skills my and teaching my coworkers these tasks. I also have enjoyed teaching coworkers time management skills and communication skills.
It was an interesting place to work
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Enid, OKAugust 28, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: not paid well
Making people's food while they watch you can be very interesting. It wasn't the worst place to work. I however wouldn't want to go back and work here again. The pay is miserable.
Fun place to work
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Reed City, MIAugust 28, 2015
Pros: Free popcorn via Wesco, easy going, breaks, vacation
The Subway I worked at was a bit different. My boss trained us for approximately three times the recommended length of training. It was a comfortable environment with friendly staff and easy to make friends. Very fast paced and you had to be efficient with the amount of customers we saw (especially during the busier times).
If you're shy, work at a subway!
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Former Employee), Newport, ORAugust 28, 2015
Don't ever be out of uniform when you are back where the food is being prepped. That is how you lose customers real quick. You learn to have a louder voice that has to be clear enough for the customers to hear and understand. You cannot be shy with a quite voice.
Management was good. The thing was they were always trying to replace the manager that was already there. You would have a new manager at this one subway about every 3 months, they did their jobs as managers which was really good but you could never depend on them.
Co-workers are always so amazing at subway. You were mostly by yourself since it was a small subway. Once you knew you were working with someone else, the job just got so much better. You got a lot of tips if you got along with your coworkers and the customers were able to see that.
You go in and your mouth is watering just thinking about the sandwich you're going to get. You get down to the veggies and you say you want olives, well a subway rule is you can only put 6 olives on a footlong and 3 on a 6-inch. That was hard. The customer is paying $6 for a footlong and they love olives but anything after 6 olives you must charge them. You could lose your job if you put more or even less.
For me was having the job in itself. I was shy! After working there for the summer I was basically a pro. It gave me a louder voice, I wasn't shy talking to random strangers anymore. When you see a regular about to come in, you can get the bread ready and starting making their sandwich and they just watch with awe. It was a fun job for sure.
Fun Place to Work
Crew Member (Former Employee), Salisbury, MDAugust 28, 2015
Pros: pay every week
Clean lot , make subs and cashier
I learn leadership
the management was great
the employees was great
the hardest part was nothing
the most enjoyable time of the day was lunch