Subway Employee Reviews

Found 13,439 reviews matching the search
Decent work environment
Sales Lead/Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVFebruary 24, 2017
Hardest part of the job was keepimg everything organized and the way they changed shift there was no communicarion. Best part of the job was scheduling
Pros
Meet new people
Cons
Lacks structure/authority, unorganized
Fun job
Subway Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Springville, UTFebruary 24, 2017
Subway was a fun job. It was fun to make the bread and cookies and the customers were always so nice there. My co-workers were fun too they showed me how to make a sandwich better. I learned great skills with customer service and i also learned how to be fast at my job
Pros
Free food.
Cons
Bad management
Loved working here
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 24, 2017
I always loved the people I worked with. It was great meeting new peiople and having your regular customers that you got to know and love. I enjoyed working here just wished the pay was better and they offered benefits.
Fun and Productive workplace
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NV; ArizonaFebruary 24, 2017
Subway is wonderful place to work if you don't plan on staying there very long. The only people work work at subway longer than a year or so are in management and its hard to get a job in management because of that.
Pros
Easy, carefree environment, not very demanding
Cons
Minimum wage, not being able to move up in the company
Enjoyable place to work and eat.
Subway Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAFebruary 24, 2017
Reliable and punctual
Cash handling
Neat, clean and professional appearance
Comfortable standing for long time periods
Delivers exceptional customer service
Proven leader
Engaging personality
Excellent multi-tasker
Commercial deep fryer and slicer operation
Great job.
sandwich artist (Current Employee) –  Powers, MIFebruary 24, 2017
I love working at subway. I have great hours, I love the people I work with. I actually met one of my best friends working there. The hours are great and super flexible. I love that you get a free six inch sub no matter how long you work. It's a great place to be and I love the atomosphere
Pros
free six inch sub whenever you work
Cons
none.
Wonderful
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHFebruary 24, 2017
Seeing people smile, and hearing joyful laughs while creating a masterpiece was heart warming. The people who go there are usually in better shape and have the best attitudes I have ever came across. I would go back at any given moment if offered.
Very fun and active.
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYFebruary 24, 2017
Atypical day at Subway way is amazing! I meet all the stars of Syracuse
University sports and our team was super fast! We were located on SU campus so u can imagine all the different people you seen in one day.
Pros
free lunch/meeting new people all the time
Cons
never a slow day
The people were nice to work with and it was a good part time job for me to work. i got to experience how it is to work in a fast food restaurant.
Sandwich Artist and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mooresville, NCFebruary 24, 2017
The manager was nice and seemed to care about her employees. She understood that we were young and was wiling to forgive us for mistakes. I got to experience working in a fast food service.
Pros
good people. good food.
Unpredictable and Unaccommodating
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COFebruary 23, 2017
I never got on my schedule at work, the people I worked with wouldn't do their jobs to the best of their abilities. Told me to look for better jobs with better schedules after only 2 months, but I'm still technically employed
Pros
Free sandwich
Cons
Terrible hours
Sandwich artist (Former Employee) –  East Dundee, ILFebruary 23, 2017
I learned alot about prepping and making food at Subway, how to cater and take care of my workplace, worked along side of very nice individuals who were very knowledgeable and more than willing to help.
Working For Subway
Subway Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Cherry Point, NCFebruary 23, 2017
Dead End Job

I love my job, but to be honest... the management sucks. you don't get any raises no matter how good of a worker you are. I'm considered a "manager" according to the store owner but I'm treated like a regular worker. I have more responsibilities but same pay as everyone else.
Pros
got 30+ hours
Cons
no benifits, you have to pay for a 178 rapid gate pass to work, no raises
Great Manager
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, INFebruary 23, 2017
Worked for a great manager at the Subway on the south side of Bloomington. Very easy to manage college/work with his schedule. Wish I started here sooner.
Pros
Great Manager
Cons
pay
A fun fast paced place to work at.
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Southern CAFebruary 23, 2017
You have to be a people person to work there. As well as be good at multitasking. There is never a bored moment if you are then you are not doing the job right.
Friendly and customer oriented work environment
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Troy, NCFebruary 23, 2017
As assistant manager I handled the majority of the inventory duties as well as being accountable for all cash flow. I both opened and closed the store and was responsible for ensuring the store remained cost efficient and organized. I interviewed and hired the majority of our team members and was responsible for any disciplinary actions should the need arise.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
No free meal, inadequate pay
Great service, wonderful people
General Labor (Former Employee) –  Fremont, NEFebruary 23, 2017
While my two, or so, months at Subway, I worked with well-rounded people. I left due to personal reasons, yet the job is quite recommendable. The management is great and the work environment is quite fun.
Pros
fun, clean, consistent
Cons
couple of rude employees
fast food
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Providence, RIFebruary 23, 2017
the staff is great, and the place is always spotless. its definitely good part time job to have for teenagers and young adults in college for some additional income and experience in dealing with the public and gaining proper customer service skills.
Fast working place
Subway Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  ConnellsvilleFebruary 23, 2017
.When I worked at Subay I cleaned and had to prep food. I would prep food in the morning and night. I would have to sweep and mop the floors. Clean the tables and wash dishes. I would run and work the cash register. I would make and prep bread. I would do a food pull and clean the bathrooms and wipe down the cutting borads.
Pros
30 minute break
Cons
Poor mangement
Prepared food/made sandwichs for customers
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYFebruary 23, 2017
Day started around 9am. Helped prepare food for the coming day. IE: Diced onions, prepared bread, cut peppers.

During Lunch Mainly ran a cash register or put toppings on sandwiches for customers.

After Lunch rush was do the dishes, prepare tea for the lobby. Sweep and mop lobby, take out trash, and clean parking lot.
Pros
Store manager and I got along really good.
Cons
Assistant manager hated me, for a reason I never figured out.
great job
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNFebruary 23, 2017
its a great company to work for and very fun staff to work with.very easy training and fast pace work environment.easy going and loving mannagement and crew to work with.
Pros
great pay
Cons
small staff

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Subway. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8