Subway

9.6K reviews

Subway Employee Reviews

Loved the job
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Framingham, MAJuly 30, 2015
Cons: No official break, shifts switched up every week
I would always come in and get ready for a good day of work. I learned how to treat customers and that customers are always right. I learned more about the food industry and the rules and regulations. Management was great. I loved my boss, she would accommodate any issues I or any co-workers had and she always gave us gifts on special occasions. Best job I've had
Interesting work experience
Store Manager (Former Employee), Seattle, WAJuly 30, 2015
Pros: Free food
Cons: Poor deligation
I accepted employment with Subway on a whim and quickly worked my way up. A typical day consisted of prep, service, and cleaning shared among a diverse group of individuals. I found management to be questionable at times, but I stuck to my responsibilities and achieved positive results on a daily basis. There was no difficulty involved with this job, only times of stress due to time management and poor delegation. I did, however, really enjoy the franchise owner and the energy he brought to the table.
for being my 1st job it suck .
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Munster, INJuly 29, 2015
My coworkers was amazing but my manger was Lazy. She work a few days took all holidays off left the store at noon everyday the door was broke so you wouldn't hear the ding when you came in and cameras didn't work .
Produce And Fun place to get fresh made sandwhiches from.
Greeting Customers, Cashier, Food Prep (Current Employee), Smyrna GaJuly 29, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: no breaks
Its An Very Nice place to be , great customer service , learn how to open and close a store and also making great sandwiches.
Nice place to work
Cashier (Former Employee), coconut creel flJuly 29, 2015
Subway was a fun place to work, I always kept a smile on my face and got my job done...never had any problems with co-workers or customers! Making subs was something I loved to do.
SUBWAY
Cashier (Former Employee), Houston,TxJuly 29, 2015
Pros: cookies, 6 inch sub unlimited fountain drink
Cons: everything else
If you enjoy getting overworked with horrible pay, no benefits, and no chance of raises this is the job for you. Good thing is you get to eat the cookies which somehow is supposed to make you forget about the slave wages.
good environment
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Plymouth, INJuly 29, 2015
Learned how to prep foods properly and how to store them. My co-workers made it fun and easy to work with. The hardest part of the job was carrying the big heavy trash bags across the parking lot to be thrown away. The easiest part of the job was making the sandwiches.
Productive and energetic
Subway Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Windsor, VAJuly 29, 2015
Pros: Free Subs
Cons: Short Break
Very International , coworkers where very polite and willing to help when needed . The job tasks where easy not to much trouble . The most enjoyable part of the day was interacting with the customers.
Terrible place to work
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Muskegon, MIJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Free meals
Cons: Terrible management, very stressful
For a fast food industry job, this was an extremely stressful position with terrible management. I was enrolled in college and working another part time job on weekend evenings while working here and no matter how many times I told my manager when my classes were, and which weekends I was available, she could never seem to make it work smoothly for me. Pay was minimum wage 7.40 with NO room for advancement. Clients were often extremely rude and demanding.
On a positive note, I did make some great friends working here.
Great Entry Level / Temporary Job
Team Member (Former Employee), Grangeville, IDJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Employee discount of 50%
Cons: On your feet throughout the shift. Very smelly after work.
I worked part-time at this job, which was just as well. I really don't think I could have tolerated it full time. It was fun preparing the food as long as it wasn't busy. Unfortunately it usually was. I didn't feel much like a sandwich artist when I had to fill out sandwiches in a hurry. It also gets really messy fast. You have to clean throughout the day. It was very hard keeping up with chores while dealing with a long line of demanding customers. It was hard work but easy to learn. I would recommend this for entry level or temporary work.
Not a very good job.
Manager (Former Employee), oregon, ohioJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Free meals, Discounts, meeting new people
Cons: no benefits, checks bounce, unprofessional.
I worked for subway for about 6 months and my checks would bounce about every other week. Very bad management. Things would need repaired and would take a while to get done, and the workers didnt care about the customers.
Subway Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Downey, CAJuly 28, 2015
Working at Subway helped me learned new things that I can ow apply in life. Also working for Subway helped me to be skilled on how to approach costumers.
poor teamwork organization
SANDWICH MAKER (Former Employee), manahawkin new jerseyJuly 28, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: training short and hardly any effort
after only 3 days of training was left the business to be run by myself. i wasn't very comfortable on my training and manager didn't help with that.
since i left its being run by someone else!
No Advancement Opportunities
Sandwich Artist/Night Suoervisor (Current Employee), Norfolk, VAJuly 28, 2015
I love my job. Working with the customers is very enjoyable however there are no advancement opportunities there. I've learned how to handle various situations whether it be a good or bad one.
sandwich artist
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Lancaster, CAJuly 28, 2015
I meet a really nice people while i worked for subway. I also learned different ways to prepare sandwiches. it was an great experience i would love to work for the employer again.
Subway
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Big Rock, TNJuly 28, 2015
I love Subway and the food, working there is not as stressful as some jobs but there is no room for advancement. Even being in a management position, the pay is low.
Loved it!
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Sierra Vista, AZJuly 28, 2015
I loved working at Best Western Mission Inn. It was filled with amazing staff and great guests. The hours were manageable. and the compensation was comparable.
would never do it again more of a kid job
Sandwhich marker, Cashier (Former Employee), Raynham, MAJuly 28, 2015
ok job manger suck, just didn't care about his employees no benefits or anything. a normal day would be busy then slow type of days. on your feet the whole time. to shut down the place at night to close long hours to clean up. no holiday pay, no overtime, no breaks, vacation time.
Customer Service
Management (Former Employee), Rocky Mount, NCJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Family oriented staff
Cons: Management (Owner)
Subway is a great job. The ownership eventually caused me to lose interest and there was no opportunity to make much money beyond hourly. There were many responsibilities but not enough compensation. Suggestions were never acknowledged and in turn the community stopped supporting the company. A typical day was making sandwiches and sometimes catering large orders. Cleaning and inventory were the bulk of responsibilities.
Face pace and friendly work enviorment
Manager (Former Employee), Syracuse, NYJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Free food
Cons: Whole store management on very little pay and 60 hour work week
I would open the store and begin prep. Bake the bread, cookies, and other stuff. Get ready for the lunch rush. I would stay almost all night doing manager stuff.