Subway Employee Reviews

quick paced efficient.
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Williamston, MIDecember 15, 2017
It was an easy job quick pace with a layed back atmosphere i got in to work and out quickly. favorite part of the job were the discounts and some of my coworkers. My least favorite part were certain coworkers and the lack of hours.
Pros
discounted food, mostly friendly staff
Cons
no breaks, no benefits, mean coworker
na
Subway Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLDecember 15, 2017
i enjoyed the job very easy fast pace but i didnt mind. I only really had a issue with management. i recommend people to work there i loved my job honestly.
great place to work to network
Manager (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJDecember 15, 2017
easy slow paced environment prepping the food is really easy and fast so is the baking i was in charge of two stores harrison and Newark was often working over 80 hours a week easily
Pros
unlimited hours
Cons
only got 10 a hour
Low Pay and No breaks
Manager (Former Employee) –  Port Charlotte, FLDecember 15, 2017
The pay is too low and they do not give any breaks at all. Even stopping to drink some water is enough to cause a problem. One of the locations had a rat problem.
Pros
Flexible Shifts
Cons
No breaks, low pay
Subway Artist
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Newport, NCDecember 15, 2017
I really enjoyed working at subway. It was an easy job, stressful sometimes. I enjoyed getting to know the regulars and I adored 90% of my employees!!
lack of team participation
Manager (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALDecember 15, 2017
A typical day at Subway consist of working and completing goals independently. Indeed, each employee had a goal to achieve, rather it was baking the bread or working on the front line. The lack of team participation created an unorganized environment for several employees. The situation would produce incomplete work assignments, and additional work assignments for other employees.
The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the customers, and working without consistent supervision. Nevertheless, working for an establishment where the majority of the employees are family, was one of the hardest part of the job.
Pros
payrate, bonus
Cons
short breaks, limited support from management.
an ok place to work
sandwhich artist (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LADecember 15, 2017
I am very happy to get to see just how subway is ran but it's just not for me great manager but I was working with a bunch of kids that's what I don't like
Pros
nice crew
Cons
working wit kids
poor management
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vista, CADecember 15, 2017
Lacked employers, but wouldn't hire, poor scheduling skills, always screwed up my hours, did not have enough employees but wouldn't hire, labor was too high on most days and would get sent home with no hours
Pros
when covering a shift would get a free sandwhich
General Workday
Subway Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Henrietta, TXDecember 15, 2017
Starting the day- Prep and getting everything ready was fairly easy after being trained and started doing it on my own.
During the day- Lunch time came and became fast paced and that was a plus the hardest part of the day was lunch
and the most enjoyable part was getting to know all of my co-workers and the management so well.
Pros
Na
Cons
Na
Review on subway
Assistant Manager - Noticed (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLDecember 15, 2017
Working at subway on a typical day is being able to do things at your own speed. I've learned about inventory and schedules . Also learned to get to know new and amazing people .
Pros
lunches
Cons
short break
Overall subway is a great job especially for the younger crowd .
Team member / Manager (Former Employee) –  Royal Oak, MIDecember 15, 2017
I would definitely go back to subway if they pay more and stop lying to their managers/employees about raises but work them like dogs. And I was a manager bringing the store up in sales and never got my raise.
Pros
Managers got free meals and employees got 50% off
Cons
30 min breaks
Good
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Portland, INDecember 15, 2017
GOOD PART TIME JOB FOR FIRST JOb. very fun for awhile till you get rude people you have ot be nice to. an okay paying job and good people to work with
Very casual
Subway Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Milan, MODecember 15, 2017
I loved the environment that I was surrounded by. The workers made my new job transition welcoming and positive. I loved meeting all the new faces and getting to know them.
Pros
Free sandwhiches
subway is a great starter job
sandwich artist (Former Employee) –  Astoria, ORDecember 15, 2017
subway is a great place to work if you need to learn work ethic and discipline. you have to work pretty hard at times but its very simple tasks...just drawn out hours depending on the management and your fellow coworkers.
Pros
free sub a day
Cons
low pay
very fast paced
Manager (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TX 79603December 15, 2017
I learned how to manage inventory and productivity.
I learned human resource, how to hire an employee, I learned the basics of managing a fast food place.
Pros
free lunch
benefits
It is a great first job or teen job
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MODecember 15, 2017
A typical day isn't hard, it's all about being able to stay calm in the food rushes. I learned how to work with a team and by myself, for successful outcomes. Management wasn't the best. They really didn't know how to be patient or work with new employees. I used this to my advantage though, and learned to strengthen my self managing skils. The hardest part was lunch rush. The best part was having a successful lunch rush.
Great place to work, easy to learn. made a great starter job for a teen.
Subway Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXDecember 14, 2017
I loved working here. The co-workers were nice, it was always relaxed and fast paced. Easy training great food and i got discounts! Management was understanding and fair, over all number one job!
Very fast paced, hands on job
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Princeton, WVDecember 14, 2017
The hardest part of the job would be counting all of the inventory at the end of the month. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the customers so satisfied with their order, knowing that my team, that I trained, is the reason for that. I've learned that being a general manager is very time demanding but, very rewarding whenever any corporate member comes in and compliments the store on how clean it is and how smoothly everything is running. The typical day at work would best be described as you have to stay on top of everything, as a team, for it to transition throughout the day smoothly... From cleaning, to getting the orders threw, to prepping, everyone has to come together to help one another.
Demanding with low pay
Sub Artist (Former Employee) –  Westland, MIDecember 14, 2017
The subway in westland on ford road is not a great place for job. they screw u in hours and pay you way under what you should be. the managers dont listen to the hours you need and they only cut hours never give more
Fun
Server (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, MADecember 14, 2017
You meet people every day and see how crazy their subs be. You learn how to cut a bread properly, you sort out foods. You interact with all different types of people. You always have to make sure that the customer is satisfied with their order and never give them a hard time about how they want their things.
Pros
Subs are free
Cons
hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Subway. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8