Subway Employee Reviews

Pretty good
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Onalaska, WIJanuary 15, 2018
It was a really fun place to work, and I am thankful that I was able to work there. I met a lot of new people, and just being able to make someones day each day when a customer came in was awesome. The only thing I didn't like was the gm.
Productive place to work.
Sandwich artist/Key holder (Current Employee) –  Clarkesville, GA 30523January 15, 2018
IT is good for a student, working parent, short term work. Always something to do. Some days are slow. Decent place to work. No room for advancement. Great management.
Easy Part time job.
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Gardner, ILJanuary 15, 2018
Like any food establishment. Daily routine, following rules, and customer service. Although, they cut corners, and at times there are not enough employees on schedule to maintain the after school hour rush.
Pros
Cheap t-shirts.
Cons
Had to pay for them.
Poor management
Subway Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Spencer, IAJanuary 15, 2018
I worked here for three months before I finally stopped going back. I was "laid-off" numerous times because they had too many employees after having a shortage and over-hiring people. Every time I was "laid-off" they would call me a few days later asking if I could work that day. While I worked here I was enrolled in college and had another part-time job and my manager told me not to worry about it, they would work around my schedule. I couldn't work Tuesdays nor Thursdays because I had class all day, but my manager scheduled me Tuesday anyways and I had my co-worker go to work in my stead, but she got food poisoning and called our manager to let them know neither one of us were going to be able to make it in, therefore we both got fired.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Very short breaks
Depends on location
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Panorama City, CAJanuary 15, 2018
I had very poor management at my location. The manager seemed very stressed while working there. I also had no proper training. Everything was taught to me on the fly.
Need more hours
Subway Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 15, 2018
The job was really good I in joyed the job and the people was really kind but need more hours then just working one day because it does not help all just working one day.
good
good
Fast paced
Cashier/Manager (Former Employee) –  MississippiJanuary 15, 2018
This was a great company to work for your always moving no time for sitting sometime you can’t take a break or eat your lunch but working for the manager was great
Pros
Yes free lunch
Cons
Barely get breaks
its a good first job
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Peyton, COJanuary 15, 2018
If your looking for a good first job, this is a good place to start. It teaches you working skills, and allows one to get experience to get a better job in the food service industry.
i loved the place to work just the people working with me made it a horrible experience
Sandwich artist, Cashier and Greeter (Former Employee) –  Bartlesville, OKJanuary 15, 2018
I didn't get many hours and the manger made it where anyone who had to work didn't want to if she was there. The work is pretty easy and it was pretty laid-back. Just didn't like the people and someone started stealing out of the register so i had to leave that situation.
Pros
free 6-inch if you work 5 hours that day
Cons
short breaks, rude management
Unhealthy work environment
Subway Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORJanuary 15, 2018
Constantly on the go, non stop customers.
I learned fast paced work ethic, and astounding customer service.
There technically wasn't a manager at my job.
The hardest part was that no one would do there job so I would just do it for them because believe if I get paid to do something I'm going to do it and do it right.
The enjoyable part was always being busy because I never got bored.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No manager, sloppy co workers, no actual breaks.
Fast paced and semi hard work
Closer/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Rolla, MOJanuary 15, 2018
The amount of work you have to do and by a certain time each night and mostly by yourself is kind of unfair for the small amount you get paid each hour
Great starter job for the young
Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  IowaJanuary 15, 2018
This in not a well enough paying job to support a family on. Limited room for advancement. Minimum wage is just to minimum. Lots of over turn with employees.
Pros
Discounts meals
Cons
No benefits
A day at subway.
Sandwich artist (Current Employee) –  Pembroke, NYJanuary 15, 2018
The working environment is laid back, however the employees do not do their work and whoever is on to close is stuck with whatever is left.
The job itself inst hard. It is just the environment that makes it hard to handle.
Horrible place to work
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAJanuary 15, 2018
Subway is a bad place to work. The corporate office doesn't care about any of its employees. We were always short handed and they never cared how much the employees or the mangers worked. We never got raises and we were treated very poorly. I would never recommend anyone to work at Subway.
Pros
Free lunches as a manager
Cons
Poor management
Good job for highschool.
Sandwich Artist/Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Bladenboro, NCJanuary 15, 2018
Good job for highschool kids not for someone that wants to do more in life, pay will cover/ help you out a little in highschool not so much as having a career.
Fun job for high schoolers
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  East Grand Forks, MNJanuary 15, 2018
Was a very fun place to work. Part of that may have been most of my coworkers were my age. I worked there my whole high school career and enjoyed it. We made it fun. Just made the best of it
Pros
Free meal when working, discount when not working
Cons
None really
Great first job Workplace
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Tinley Park, ILJanuary 15, 2018
Some days are fast some are slow and it teaches the importance of time management and hard work. The most enjoyable part of the job is that you can interact with the coworkeres and customers and really have fun.
Cashier
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJanuary 15, 2018
Receive payment by cash, check, credit cards, vouchers, or automatic debits.

Issue receipts, refunds, credits, or change due to customers.

Count money in cash drawers at the beginning of shifts to ensure that amounts are correct and that there is adequate change.

Greet customers entering establishments.

Maintain clean and orderly checkout areas.

Food preparation as well
Favorite
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, RIJanuary 15, 2018
This was my fav job, when we got rushes, man its nerve racking but its the best hour or two hours ever. You feel like all eyes are on you and no one can move as fast as you.
very good place to eat
Subway Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Newton, NCJanuary 14, 2018
took time to get to know you. got discounts on food and all the drink you wanted to drink. went from sandwhich artist to asst. manager fairly quickly, within a year. wish i never would have quite.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Subway. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8