Subway Employee Reviews

Found 13,327 reviews matching the search
This job is strictly for teenagers with no real responsibilities
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 16, 2017
The hours suck management sucks the time for advancement is horrible . The pay is incredibly horrible you cant manage a household off of minimum wage which is all their willing to pay never guaranteed 40 hours. They offer no benefits even after being with the company for years.I did gain some managerial experience here that is the only positive thing i have to say about subway. Oh and they get paid weekly.
Pros
Paid Weekly
Cons
No benefits Low salary
over work little pay
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLFebruary 16, 2017
does not appreciate workers enough, they over work you for little pay. does not balance with your outside life. owners only care about the money. owners complain about every thing
Nice place to work
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Belleville, WIFebruary 16, 2017
Subway was great to work for, room to move up in the company and eveyone got along well for the most part and if not management helped to make things easier.
Subway
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXFebruary 16, 2017
I enjoyed working here. Had a great atmosphere. Managers were extremely nice and always understanding. They worked with me and around my schedule. They made work fun
Very productive
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Ronkonkoma, NYFebruary 16, 2017
working at subway is very easy and very hard. It can get really busy during the lunch hours and sometimes get really messy. we clean up a lot but the people who work there is make the job enjoyable
Productive and fun
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Mena, AR 71953February 16, 2017
A typical day would consist of preparing of all meats, cheeses, vegetables, breads and cookies. The owner was awesome and was very hands on.
Pros
Good food
Can get stressful when most of your team are snotty teenagers that no matter what always seem to find an excuse as to why they are late :-)
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Brooksville, FLFebruary 16, 2017
There was always some sort of drama going on between my co-workers. It felt like it was the biggest babysitting job I had ever held. However, I did enjoy prepping the food, writing truck orders, taking inventory, and writing the schedule. I actually miss working there. But, having to deal with the teenagers drama and excuses for everything I'd have to say was only stressful moment.
Pros
free sub
Cons
little to no breaks and long hours
great place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAFebruary 16, 2017
managment was great and cared about their workers
good customer skills
team work
chance to advance
different personalities of the customer
Efficient and organized
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Lemoore, CAFebruary 16, 2017
I worked here a long time ago under old management. I loved the owners, they were very generous and kind. it's in a good location so you're never too bored.
Good
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAFebruary 16, 2017
I was pretty pleased by how well organized the store was
and how well the team worked together when it was rush time at the store. The management was amazing and i wouldn't mind having to work for the store again.
fun
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Hart, MI 49420February 16, 2017
I always enjoyed working for Subway. It was a fun easy going environment! Management was always great, co workers were easy to get along with! would definitely work there again in the future!
Pros
cheap lunch
Cons
shifty hours
It's fast food, that's pretty much all i need to say.
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Pike Lake, MNFebruary 16, 2017
Your go to fast food job, good for high school kids and those looking for a few extra bucks. If there is any advise i can give on location though try to avoid one that is attached to a gas station.
Fun chill place to work
Sandwich Artist and Cashier (Current Employee) –  Glendale, WIFebruary 16, 2017
easy, nice employees, cool customers. Fun to make sandwiches and cookies. The management is pretty chill for the most part.
Pros
great staff
Cons
no breaks, not a ton of hours, slow days
Horrible never again
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Lithia Springs, GAFebruary 16, 2017
The manager was horrible and was stealing but if there was a short it was on the employees below him, there was inside drama started by him and it was just pushed aside. Thank whoever fired him for stealing. Never got the promised raise.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Mismanagement
Great faced paced job that allowed me to work at a fun speed.
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Cumberland, WIFebruary 15, 2017
I loved my first job at the Trego Subway. I worked under the same franchise owner for over 4 years and got the opportunity to work in over 7 different stores. After 5 months of experience, I was promoted to assistant manager and about a year later I gained the title of assistant manager, for both the Cumberland and Turtle Lake Subway.
Pros
Free Sandwiches and Free Chips!
Cons
Low Pay and no benefit programs in place
Easy place to work with good food.
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOFebruary 15, 2017
When I got to work, I would prepare all the food that we would need for the night. One person would clean the lobby, and the other would clean the bar where the food sits. While taking customers, that is what we did. I enjoyed meeting and getting to know the regulars at my Subway. The hardest part of my job was working with people I could not always see eye to eye with, but I professionally worked my way through it.
not worth the time
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Current Employee) –  San Angelo, TXFebruary 15, 2017
insufficient hours, Insufficient pay, no freedoms and not even worth explaining all the bad stuff. boss gets 60 hours while im lucky to get 20. had to get a second job to be able to bring in a steady income
Pros
great people
Cons
everything else
Another review???
Graveyard Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVFebruary 15, 2017
Im trying to do a different job application. Please just stop with these reviews so I can continue with my job application this is very annoying
Decent job, good for younger people
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Ashland, PAFebruary 15, 2017
You came in and did your job, management was good and kept everything in line. The only downfall was when you were slow, but there was always something to keep you busy. You also get a small discount on food which is nice.
It was productive
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COFebruary 15, 2017
Subway management was horrible ..hours and wagea were not reasonable. .it was a fun environment but made more for kids in highschool the job requires alot

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Subway. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8