Subway
7,792 reviews

Subway Employer Reviews

Worked around your schedule
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Plainfield, ILJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: poor management
Management was poor at handling everything and I had to learn how to do things on my own. I've learned how to be fast passe, helpful, communication skills, independent.
fun job
Subway Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOJanuary 21, 2015
working at subway was great as a child in high school. They worked with the hours I needed and was understanding about my need to do homework at work
Good learning experience for an early job
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Former Employee), Parkesburg, PAJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: free sub every day
It was a fun learning experience. Learning how to make subs and seeing all the different possible subs to make. Teaches how to prep food and work the cash register all while being efficient enough to work in the fast food industry.
Working At Subway
Cashier (Former Employee), Vicksburg, MSJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: free lunch, early closing
Cons: healthcare
I really enjoyed working at subway. I enjoyed interacting with customers the most. A day at subway was a good day. Some days would get busy but some days were slow. I enjoyed both. The hardest part pf the job is the cleaning up before closing. Its not hard but its very time consuming because you have to make sure each and every dish, tray or silverware is cleaned to perfection. The most enjoyable part of the job is serving the customers. seeing the smile on their faces when I fix their sandwhich, soup or salad to perfection is priceless.
my job experience.
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Former Employee), Little Rock, ARJanuary 21, 2015
My job experience with those jobs was great I love to work with other people and making money at the same time I'm looking forward to doing again soon.
Great energetic place !
Sandwich Artist/ Cashier (Former Employee), El Paso, TXJanuary 21, 2015
Pros: great envirometn. constant moving and tasks
Cons: dealing with co-workers
I enjoyed my time there. Was real efficient and easy to learn the process of handling the food ! Positive energy from most employees and friendly environment. Hardest part dealing with other co-workers. I mostly learned the handling of fresh food products and how to maintain a clear store. The most enjoyable part of my job there was making fresh food for my customers and liking their expressions on their face when I know I did a good job. Managemtent was excellent and supportive !! The most hardest part was dealijg with untrustworthy and unreliable employees
Terrible but very reliable
Sandwich artist (Current Employee), Crete, ILJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: discount food
opened the store
prepared everything needed for the day
cleaned and set-up
Made sandwiches
cashier
A good job with good benefits and cookies.
Cashier/Sales Associate & Sandwich artist (Former Employee), Columbia, SCJanuary 20, 2015
A typical day at Subway is very busy with no breaks at all. Luckily I can stand on my feet for long periods of time and maintain energy. My co-workers were the funniest and the best co-workers I have ever had while working in a inside job. I would ope every restaurant has employees who are as social and dependable as they were. I mostly enjoyed the free cookies, but you always had to make sure threr were more in the oven for customers.
first job
cashier, food service (Former Employee), East Cleveland, OHJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: free lunches, holiday breaks
Cons: short breaks, and security
subway was my first job ever in highschool and after. the coworkers were cool people i got along with everyone.the manager was awesome she knew exactly how to run a store.hard part about the job was dealing with difficult customers that were very inpatient and the most enjoyable part was working with a great team
A good experience
Subway Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Chester, ILJanuary 20, 2015
I enjoyed this place it taught me a lot!
Working here taught me to work fast and to thinking fast during the rush hours
I got a long with my co-workers very well, probably my favorite part of the whole job!
The hardest part was closing at night when it was late and busy
Food Industrie
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Hollywood, FLJanuary 20, 2015
A typical day at work was getting everything ready to serve customers at opening. Got along very well with my co-workers. Nothing was to difficutl at the job and the most enjoyable part of the job was completing all tasks at hand.
Productive and enjoyable workplace
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 20, 2015
Cashier
Cleaned and stocked inventory
Prepped food made to order
great job
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Pontiac, ILJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: the people
Cons: nothing
This was my first real job and i loved it. Taught me everything i needed to know about hard work and responsibility.
Love Subway
Subway Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Monessen, PAJanuary 20, 2015
. If you are an owner/operator, spend quality time in your store and with the employees. This will not only show the customers that you care, but it allows you to keep a close, watchful eye on employees. Along with that, the more youre in the store, the higher performance you can expect out of them.
awesome corporation
Independent Contractor (Former Employee), all over Atlanta, GAJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: paid on time, wonderful
Cons: no downside
wonderful company. Paid timely, were innovative and interactive with all my interaction.,
Busy workplace having you always on your feet
Food Server (Former Employee), Providence, RIJanuary 20, 2015
Pros: free 6 inch sandwich after every shift
Always have to keep yourself busy and you will always have something to do. Not too much, but enough to keep time off your hands.
Relaxed atmosphere, but could be hetic at busy times.
Sandwich Artist - Acting Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Elgin, TXJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: easy job
Cons: no benefits.
Typical day would start with prepping all foods that would need to be used that day for the lunch and dinner rush.

The best part was baking the bread, which smelled great. The most challenging part was working with teenage kids that did not really want or need to be there.

The hardest part of the job was also baking the bread. Each part of baking the bread has to be timed just right to make sure you do not over proof or over bake the bread.

The most enjoyable part was knowing that at the end of your shift you did all that was expected of you and your cash drawer came out even.
Sandwich artist
Sandwich artist (Former Employee), Wilkes-Barre, PAJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: free food
Cons: only part time work availible
preparing food and serving customers while maintaining friendly and safe environment in restaurant atmosphere
Fun workplace
Sandwich artist (Former Employee), Charter Township of Clinton, MIJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: discount lunch, friendly customers and co-workers
Cons: short breaks
Stock the store, prep the food, prepare the sandwiches, run the cash register
productivity and fun workplace to work
Data Entry Operator/Cashier/Sales Rep/cus rep (Former Employee), CTJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: free lunch, nice managers
The workplace is very busy , working as a team helps makes productivity faster ,i learnt that .I learnt alot about the cash register,making sure account sales are balaned on the cash register,making sure the enviroment is clean,making sure customers smile after leaving ,the most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with customers while being at their service

About Subway

The SUBWAY restaurant chain is the world's largest submarine sandwich franchise, with more than 28,500 locations in 86 countries. – Read more