Subway Employee Reviews

Found 11,544 reviews matching the search
Small, but, Very Productive Workplace
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Newtown, CTJuly 29, 2016
A typical day at work was arriving a few minutes early, clocking in, and jumping right into preparing for the days needs. I learned how to be a faster paced employee and the management was able to pass down their knowledge to me, therefore, bettering me. I got along with all of the other employees, although some more than others, and we moved well oiled and efficiently. The hardest part was taking inventory and I most enjoyed the company of the people I worked with and pleasing the customers.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Short Breaks
We made a great team and worked together well- always.
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Sun City, AZAugust 10, 2016
My location was in Sun City, so there were a lot of elderly people and most of them were in bad moods.. Also a main road called Grand Ave was closed for months and the main road travelers had to take a detour which happened to be the road exactly where my Subway was. I wish the management was more informative instead of not telling me what I wasn't supposed to do and coming at me with a pen and paper to write me up. A lot of the times, I felt targeted for getting written up because things I didn't know of, but my co workers did the same things so I thought it was okay..
Pros
Half off my order, Very clean and beautiful store, We all made perfect sandwhiches
Cons
Managment was harsh on me and not others, Not everybody always got good hours.
Productive work environment
cashier, & customer service (Former Employee) –  Prineville, OR 97754August 26, 2016
Subway was a pretty fun place to work. The scheduling needed some improvement. I liked only working and dealing with one manager in my job here instead of multiple managers that didn't communicate.
The scheduling was very unfair and the manager did favor two people over anyone else because their mom lost her job. I was scheduled 0 hours a week with 6 check ins. Meaning you call 15 minutes to 6 and see if they needed you and you were expected to be there by 6. It was difficult to make plans or have a daily normal life with this tye of schedule.
There was no advancement with this company due to only having one manager.
I loved my coworkers here and I became family to several of them and it made my job enjoyable.
Pros
Free 6 inch subs
Cons
Scheduling
Wonderful restaurant, wonderful owners
sandwich artist (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYSeptember 6, 2016
This is possibly, the job where I learned all of my skills in customer service, customer satisfaction, fine dining, server skills and banquet skills- they were very patient while teaching me all the ins and outs of fine dining, bartending and appearance of food and drinks served
Pros
excellent co-workers, owners and benefits as well as generous raises
Cons
Breaks were very few as it was always busy
Possibly my number one favorite emploment
SANDWICH ARTIST (Former Employee) –  Chelan, WASeptember 21, 2016
Working there was the best job opportunity I have had; the job is easy and it takes patience towards the some of the costumers, but because i worked at a small subway in a small town I was able to remember a lot of the costumers favorite/ first choice orders.
The manager Arron is the best manger and person to know/ work with and for,
Pros
free sandwich, and unlimited drink
Cons
its mostly a part time job
Fun Job.
Associate (Former Employee) –  Bayamón, PRJuly 26, 2016
This job was a lot of fun, it was a relaxed job every day, I expanded my food preparation skills every day, I was always trying to learn something new about the company and about the system. The manager was great, always helping me and teaching me new tips that could help me improve. on the other hand my work team was always on point and always helping each other. The best thing about the Job was making the sandwiches cause I could not find a hard part.
Pros
50% on the store.
Cons
a lot of changes on the shifts
Very busy and was kind of a one man show
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Newkirk, OKJuly 26, 2016
It wasn't a bad job, it just wasn't the job for me. It made it very hard to balance my work life and my home life trying to finish high school. They had me opening, closing, running the cash register, doing dishes, prepping food, making sandwiches to order, cleaning, cooking bread and cookies, and restocking the refrigerator. You get 1 fifteen minute break for every 8 hours you work and most of the time I wouldn't even get that.
Pros
Paid training
Cons
Everything else
productive and friendly work enviorment
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Carrollton, VAJuly 26, 2016
Atypical day at subway includes an employee being a cashier, janitor, and a chef. At subway I learned how to communicate with customers and learned great customer service skills. I learned how to multi- task and how important team work is. Management was ok, went through many mangers in the course of two years, but each one was decent. My co-workers were friendly and very respectful, and all got along well. This job was not hard at all just very tedious. the most enjoyable part about this job was the free lunch.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks, benefits
employess more like a family
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Monticello, IASeptember 12, 2016
Overall it was alright, wasn't a demanding job but it did help me read people better. I learned a lot by watching the Manager, then becoming the Assistant Manager, i learned from her mistakes and inability to take criticism and confrontation. I enjoyed how our crew was more like a family and we all got along and would help eachother whenever necessary.
Pros
Free lunch, many cookies
Cons
people not showing up
Great for part time
Sand witch artist/crew (Former Employee) –  Wauseon, OHJuly 24, 2016
The day goes by fast lunch gets really busy on some-days. You learn how to do bank deposit and how to unload truck and make sandwiches perfect. Management gets very tempered with employees and fires you if you do something wrong. goes threw a lot of high school students. Management does not like working with high school students. The co-workers seem to be on edge a lot because you are not aloud to talk or anything. The hardest thing about the job is how much you get criticized. Not given raises when promised them.
Cons
management
it was a great experince would go back but want to do something else with job skills.
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAAugust 24, 2016
Busy days where typical during lunch. Learn how to communicate with different types of people. Management was great and my co-workers where just as great. The hardest part of the job was having to work with lazy people. the most enjoyable part of the job was the lunch rush or when it is super busy makes the day go buy faster.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Great staff always willing to help even when off the clock and customer service is fantastic.
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLAugust 22, 2016
A typical day at subway consists of greeting customers assisting with any questions they have before or after being served. While at subway I learned a lot of skills that i'll continue to use even at other work places. Customers are always right no matter what (even if they're really rude). Management at subway I would consider is different than other work places because most managers make the employees do all the work , but at subway its always a team effort. The hardest part of the job I would say is dealing with disrespectful customers when I have no control of the problem that they may have The most enjoyable part is having a bond with other employees , it makes the job much easier.
Fun Workplace
Night Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Creve Coeur, MOJuly 29, 2016
Difficult, friendly,and fast-paced. Making a sandwich isn't as easy as you think it would be. Very sink or swim. I fortunately knew my way around Subway from before working at this particular location, but I watched time and time again people get thrown in without any training. I ended up providing training in hopes to have a smoother running shift, especially before the busy winter season.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Short Break or No Breaks
Productive and Laidback workplace
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, NESeptember 2, 2016
A typical day at Subway is pretty laid back the busiest time of the day is around noon and again at 5 but other than that its a pretty easy day. What I've learned in my time working here is to be patient you encounter a lot of different types of customers and no all of them are the nicest so you learn to be patient and understanding. Management is pretty good its one of the reasons that I have stayed for so long they are very flexible and willing to work with my schedule when I was in college. My favorite part of my jobs is my co-workers I've made some life long friendships working here.
The most enjoyable part of my job are the regulars that come in that I have gotten to know over the years. They come in and they can make a bad day good.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Fun and Challenging
Manager in Training (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJuly 21, 2016
Working at Subway was a interesting mix of entertaining and challenging. With the diverse set of employees working for the company you would get the best and worse of all worlds. Sometimes people would clash but then you would get the best of friends coming out of the work area. You always learned something new, and I learned things I will keep with me for years to come.
Pros
discounts on food, friends for life
Cons
turn over rate with being fast food
multitasking orders while highly satisfying customers
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  7007 Jefferson st. NE Albuquerque NMAugust 19, 2016
opening store ready to provide outstanding customer service and customer service over the phone for catering, prepared food according to safety regulations, inventory, properly used cash register, handled and counted cash regularly, cleaned, organized and took inventory before closing store.
Pros
free 6 inch sandwitch and drink
Cons
work hours were not persistent
Dream Job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Canal Winchester, OHJuly 20, 2016
Working at Subway was great. I learned a lot about customer service and satisfaction. I have always been interested in business management just because I like all of the responsibilities that come with the job. Working at Subway and becoming an Assistant Manager after only three months of being employed there, was really an accomplishment I like to brag about. Once I became an Assistant Manager, it gave me more and more ambition to open up my own business one day. The manager was not too great but the owner was fantastic. I really looked up to the owner like a personal mentor. I loved my co-workers and job, I just needed more pay because I couldn't live off of less than $10 an hour.
Pros
free meals
Cons
management
great work place
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Miller, INJuly 31, 2016
some what busy mostly busy during school season
ive learned to work with others
the management is very well organized
my co-workers are a joy
the hardest part is dealing with the costumers because some can be very hostile and rude
the most enjoyable part would be the friendly environment i have with the co workers
Pros
free 6 inch for lunch, half off on the chips
Cons
sometimes breaks are cut short due to how busy it is
fun place to work with great people
Subway Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Sioux City, IAJuly 18, 2016
This job is a very fast pace job, always something to be doing. you can be on the line making sandwiches, or in the back cleaning and prepping the meat and vegetables. This is a great company to work for, some of the best managers I've ever had are from subway. Hardest part of the job is when you are busy and run out of something your customers want and having to offer something else that might interest them. i started subway as just a regular associate but it was very easy to become a supervisor.
Pros
Free sub sandwich after six hours
Cons
No health care
its fun for me cause i meet new people im not scared to talk to the custmers
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 19, 2016
well i go in and make the sandwithe ill make bread or prep what needs to be prep. i learned how to speak more spainish . the managment shes ok i guess but dont really no how to talk to the employs she screrams at us as far as my co workers it depends whos working with me.the hardest part is when oeople dont show up for there siffet and i have to stay by self. and at last i enjoy talking to my custumers like ill go after i made there food and see how its was then will start talking one of my coworkers ask me if i new them people i was talking to i said no i just love to talk to them you dont no if there haveing a bad day i just put a smile on there face

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Subway. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8