Subway Employee Reviews

Found 16,991 reviews matching the search
Ok
Subway Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  New Haven, CTJuly 25, 2017
It's was an awesome experience ...i loved working her .. it gave me a chance to learn new way to bake need and create different sandwiches ..it gave me a chance to meet new people and I had fun doing my job at all times
Customer Service
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAJuly 24, 2017
Taking orders, Making Sub Sandwiches, Sweeping the floors, Stocking, and doing the dishes. What I learned for this Job experience is making sandwiches, communicating with customers and working with employees.
Terrible leadership
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, WAJuly 24, 2017
Working here there was no order, managers to keep up on the store, nor did they make sure there employees were well taken care of. The boss would never crack down on unprofessional employees.
Pros
Free sandwhich
Cons
Terrible management
Fun place to work
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Dothan, ALJuly 24, 2017
Great company to work for with flexible hours doe college students. Manager was easy to reach and work with as well as my co-workers. I loved working with my customers each day.
Fast paced
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJuly 24, 2017
I would count the safe and register, made sandwiches, worked drive-thru and register, did dishes, filled up food, cleaned tables, mopped and swept floors, and put food away. I learned to work at a fast pace and always keep a smile on my face. The management and team workers were really nice and taught me how to do new tings everyday. The hardest part of my job was cleaning but the easiest part was helping the customers in a respectful way.
Pros
Free Sandwiches/Discounts
Cons
No breaks
Independent
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Signal Mountain, TNJuly 24, 2017
You can work alone. Half off on certain items. No lunch break eat when not busy. Management isn't the best and their isn't many opportunities for advancement.
Pros
Half off lunch. Radio.
Cons
No breaks.
Fun starter Job.
Server (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 24, 2017
It was overall a good job to start out at. The work environment was healthy. The hardest part sometimes was just keeping up with the fast pass. The most enjoyable part was learning about everyone.
Fun environment, horrible benefits
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Springfield, MAJuly 24, 2017
The atmosphere is awesome but little to no benefits and raises are not likely. Would not be looking for another job if there they could satisfy my needs.
Good work environment
Subway Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Franklin, VAJuly 24, 2017
I had a good work ethic Sanitation ,sandwhich artist,stacking,cashier,landscaping,schooling, trimmer, inbound,outbound,forklift,edger,pilot stocker,welder
Pros
Long breaks
Cons
Short staff
Laid back
Subway Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Fairfield, OHJuly 24, 2017
laid back work place. duties varied from making sandwiches to cleaning restrooms. it can be very stressful during the lunch rush but after that it's laid back.
fun
Subway Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Washington, IAJuly 24, 2017
great way to build your customer service ability, always learn new things, fast pace, never a dual moment, great place to learn new skills also able to move up quickly
Pros
free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Decent first job
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Advance, NC 27006July 24, 2017
The work wasn't great but the owner was big on hiring people with no experience to give kids a chance to get established. Offered to give a good recommendation even after a few of the guys and I left around the busy part of the season due to other job opportunities.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
boring job
Awesome
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Missoula, MTJuly 24, 2017
A typical work day is pretty relaxed, do your chores in a timely manner, handling rushes, and helping customers
I learned a lot of customer service skills.
Management was super understanding and worked well around my first job.
Working with people was always nice, everyone was super respectful
Hardest part was working alone at night
I loved getting a free sandwich per shift
Pros
Friendly people, Good food.
Cons
Not enough employess when closing
Clean environment
Cashier/Prep (Former Employee) –  Kāne‘ohe Bay, HIJuly 24, 2017
I worked at Subway for a very short period. And it wasn't because of the coworkers or anything negative. I just personally could not work with food. I didn't enjoy it. I did learn how to prep the vegetables and bread.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Slow business
Not well staffed or competently led at times.
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Cabazon, CAJuly 24, 2017
The crew I worked with was always satisfactory but the tight restrictions and guidelines that were forced on us usually led to stress and drama among us and with management.
Pros
Its a low maintenance job when all is well.
Cons
A lack of communication between staff and management was a huge issue.
subway
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 24, 2017
The management team is excellent. Your training is excellent the treat the customer with dignity. The food is excellent and the place is clean and well organized.
Productive environment
Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Marysville, OHJuly 24, 2017
Very busy environment. Franchise owned so everyone will have a different experience. Work is easy and it exposes you to plenty of customer service situations.
fun place to work, ownership not so careing.
Shift Supervisor and Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Washington Mills, NYJuly 24, 2017
typical work day included making subs for about 500 plus people. preparing meat and vegetables for the day and following morning. Baking bread and cookies, as well as heating up soup and stocking coolers. I learned that fast food workers at least in an environment where interaction is made throughout the food making process can really be taken for granted. People can be extremely rude and demanding however, I also learned even as a Sandwich artist if you are willing to listen and ask people how they are doing they will genuinely open up to. Hardest part of the job was caring more about the store than the owner did. She made it clear her husband bought her the subway to keep her busy she actually did not need to own the store which meant when things broke they did not get fixed properly or in a timely manner. The best part of the job was working the staff and management, I made a lot of close friends during my time there.
Pros
discounted meals and free drinks
Cons
no benefits.
likable coworkers, good management
Assistant Manager/Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Meriden, CTJuly 24, 2017
Working at Subway is a typical fast food work place. However the environment that I worked under was a very caring atmosphere. My boss loved his employees and treated them fair. I got minimum wage which was expected.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no designated break time
Na
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Yakima, WAJuly 24, 2017
I not longer work here, haven't in a very long while, therefore can not give an accurate evaluation with what is going on as a worker or how management acts.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Subway. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8