Subway
8,369 reviews

Subway Employer Reviews

Food Services
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Former Employee), Lakeport, CAMarch 23, 2015
I learned customer service, washed dishes and made sandwiches. I enjoyed working with customers the most, but did not like the management and ownership. They were very unprofessional and unethical. I also did not like working late nights on school nights. In my senior year of high school I would do homework for a few hours after school and then work 4-11. On weekends I sometimes worked other shifts. The best part about this job is that they worked with my schedule, which allowed me to participate in extracurricular activities I enjoyed, including community service in Rotary.
No one takes their job seriously
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Denton, TXMarch 22, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: no sit down brakes
The biggest problem was a manager that is not professional. There is no leadership. No one ever knows what to do. I did however love getting to know the Customers.
Very fast paced job
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Somerset, KYMarch 22, 2015
I learned that your attitude and tone of voice can affect just about everything when it comes to the food industry.Very fast paced job
Fun workplace with lots to do
SHIFT LEADER (Former Employee), FontanaMarch 22, 2015
A typical day consisted of making sandwiches, prepping ingredients, assigning jobs, running the register.
I learned a lot about interacting with people and how to make good conversation
Management was slightly disorganized, which led to lots of confusion
My coworkers were great, and we are still great friends despite not working there anymore
fun workplace
Store Manager (Current Employee), rockyface, gaMarch 22, 2015
its a good place to work. once you have moved into management there is not much more moving up to be done. it is different than other food service jobs. there are less workers on a shift
community oriented work place
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Former Employee), Middlebury, VTMarch 22, 2015
my favorite part of this job was getting to interact with all the members of the community. It was great to see regulars who would come in and show their appreciation for all of out hard work. the hardest part of this job would be when a bus of 30+ students would arrive and we were unprepared
About Me
Volunteer Muralist, MAAC Project (Former Employee), San Diego, CAMarch 22, 2015
Pros: positive
Cons: i'm a college student and can only closed
I'm a hardworking, i go to school so work shifts would be perfect. I'm outgoing and i have experience working now. I get the job done in time and i'm always on time to work.
I dont like subway
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee), Tulsa, OKMarch 21, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: poor management
Subways has good food but poor management skills I work like a dog there and dont get paid like i should for my experience. i work more full time hours and get no benefits.
Sandwich Artist, Customer Service
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCMarch 21, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: healthcare
A typical day of work would be from 5-pm-9-pm clean and sanitize my hands serve customers. I learn that how to create a subway sandwich by the expertise and rules and guidelines of the company. The management were very helpful and Friendly towards me and encourage me to strive within the company. I enjoyed my coworkers for their job accountability. and their hard work, The hardest part of the job was making a minimum of 55 sandwiches within 30 minutes and the most enjoyable part of my job was serving customers and watching the expression on their faces from the good food and service at subway
prooductive and I like the people/customers
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Fayetteville, NCMarch 21, 2015
Pros: working with the public.
Cons: had to pay full price for meals. short hours
The people I worked with seemed to be friendly. A typical day would be everyone working together to get customers out fast and make sure they have a great experience. I learned to make a subway sandwich the best way. Hardest part of the job was the speed. We only had so much time to make a sandwich, especially the drive-thru. Most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the customers,
Fast atmosphere, multi-tasking, costumer loyalty
Manager, Assistant Manager, Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Lake Havasu City, AZMarch 21, 2015
Pros: room to grow but limited
Cons: no breaks unless is a slow day, schedule never ready, not flexible
Make bread, prep for lunch rush,
Have very quick conversation with costumers but a lot said in 3 minutes, a smile can go a long ways.
to be short-handed in employees
Fast paced
Evening Shift Lead (Former Employee), Roanoke, VAMarch 20, 2015
Pros: free lunches occasionally, laid back
Cons: short/no breaks
Typical day is making sandwiches, prep work, and work to do for closing. I learned how to work alone and responsibility of closing up a store. Management was awesome. Co-workers were very friendly and helped out a lot. Hardest part of the job is the prep work especially cutting onions. Enjoyable part is working with such an amazing group of people.
Fast paced work place
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee), Bethlehem, GaMarch 20, 2015
Subway is a fun environment and very fast paced. I enjoy working there, just want to try something new. The co-workers and very entertaining and fun to work with.
Subway
SENIOR SHIFT MANAGER (Former Employee), Menifee, CAMarch 20, 2015
Subway is good quality food for a decent price and at the same time you can get an understanding on how the food industry works at the bottom level and develop customer service skills.
It was flexible hours around school
Subway Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Ann Arbor, MIMarch 20, 2015
I learned how to prepare sandwiches, and various other subway related tasks. The management in store was great. My store manager was one of the best bosses I have had. I had good co-workers and we worked as a team. The hardest part of the job is having to work alone during peak periods. The most enjoyable part was talking to "my" regular customers.
great first job
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Lexington, NCMarch 20, 2015
management was always around and willing to help, i would start my days good and end them good here. great first job, in my opinion, with an opportunity to move up.
Productive and fun place!
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Sonora, KYMarch 19, 2015
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: benefits
Subway is a great way to meet people from all over the world. Working on a main highway connected to a gas station brings people from every state imaginable. A lot of fun and caring people with sweet remarks!
Poorly Managed
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Raytown, MOMarch 19, 2015
Pros: free subs!
Cons: not being paid for work...
I was the assistant manager for a year and a half. The pay was decent and working with the public was pretty good but the management was terrible.

I spent most of my shifts cleaning, making subs, cashiering, working with customers to solve issues or just to chat a few minutes. Managed a team, scheduled shifts, ordered products, counted inventory, worked on a Point of Service system, rotated products, stocked products, helped cover shifts, and deposited safe money. Anything that needed to be done.

For the most part (outside of the management issues) it was a fun job. Got along with most of the coworkers and customers. Had some really good times and the pay was very good for the position.

I ended up leaving due to some issues such as not being paid for time that I was supposed to be on the clock for, a promotion that was sabotaged by the Manager, and poor management that was running the store into the ground.
Could have ended better
Store Manager (Former Employee), Jackson, OhioMarch 19, 2015
Manager was a shady person and did some unethical things while I was there.I am sorry I just walked out but I couldn't handle the works of the owner any longer.
Productive and fun
Cashier (Former Employee), Baltimore, MDMarch 19, 2015
A typical day at work was productive for my personal life as well as my work environment. I learned how to use my people-skills to be a better employee.

About Subway

The SUBWAY restaurant chain is the world's largest submarine sandwich franchise, with more than 28,500 locations in 86 countries. – Read more

Subway Salaries