Subway
9,554 reviews

Subway Employee Reviews

Reneau Inc is not worker friendly
Food Service Industry Manager (Former Employee), Calera, ALJuly 17, 2015
Pros: No pros
Cons: Too many to list
Reneau Inc is the franchise owners and they are completely unfair to their managers. The work load for the managers is completely unfair and they are not willing to help when help is needed.
Great Company
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), LaGrange, GAJuly 16, 2015
Pros: Worked with my schedule, great coworkers and customers
Cons: No benifits, no growing room
This job was really easy. I enjoyed talking and meeting new people on a daily basis. The work environment was great. It's a great first job to get you feet wet in customer service.
Cashier (Former Employee), South Gate, CAJuly 16, 2015
Pros: Half off lunch
Cons: none
This job gave me Cashier and customer experience that im sure will help be get other future jobs. People and staff are great. Managers are understanding and train you well.
fun workplace
Subway Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Warren, MIJuly 16, 2015
Pros: percentage off of foods
Cons: no benefits
Subway was a great place of work! the most enjoyable part was being a part in making the customer happy. The managers and co workers were amazing to work with, very informative and easy to get along with.
Fun Place to work In to get your feet west in the food business
SANDWICH ARTIST (Former Employee), los ángelesJuly 16, 2015
Great place to learn the basics in a restaurant.
You were always on your toes as you always need to be ready to serve. Great Job for anybody.
fast working area and full of energy
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Coronado, CAJuly 16, 2015
• Prepared a variety of sandwiches as per customer’s selection and request
• Trained new employees and supervise all employees
• Closed and opened store as needed and prepare for the next day’s supplies
• Reconciled the sales for the day and fixed any discrepancies
fast food
Cashier (Former Employee), PRJuly 16, 2015
I learned that there was to study and acquire profession. It is hard work . you learn to deal with different types of personalities . have different employment experiences
good.
casheir making subs prep (Former Employee), Chamberlain, SDJuly 16, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: better be ready to go abouve and beyond
harder then u think when rush hour is coming through. be stead fast to send that sub. be ready for some stress but if u don't mind it don't matter.
great enviornment
Cashier (Former Employee), miami beachJuly 16, 2015
Pros: the team memebers
Cons: none
I prepped for the next shift as well as cashier, i also cleaned and made sure that the location looked ready for the guest. The Management team Backus and Robin are great people, they have shown me a lot and i thank them for that, to bad that it was only a temporary position.
Good food but can be slow
Sandwich Artist and Cashier (Former Employee), Carlisle, IAJuly 16, 2015
Not my all time favorite place to work. It can become very busy very quickly. Staff there can be pretty rude. However there is good opportunities to advance.
Great place to work if you like subs
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee), Garden City, IDJuly 16, 2015
Pros: 60% of meals, free drinks
Cons: Changing schedule
Typical workdays are quick paced but fun. The people there are great and the training is easy. The most difficult part of the job is being able to get everything done in the time given to do it, unless it is not busy. The best part about the job is the environment. Everyone is super nice and caring.
Overworked with little pay.
General Manager (Former Employee), Wixom, MIJuly 16, 2015
Pros: Health insurance
Cons: Tough physical labor with low pay
After becoming general manager of the store I tripled the sales and had the highest recorded sales ever. I worked so hard everyday with little pay and it was very tough to get a raise.
Fun, clean, fast and friendly inviroment
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Former Employee), Champaign, ILJuly 16, 2015
Pros: Getting to know the customers
Cons: Down time
I really liked this job because i got to become friend with some of the regular customers.I got to know what they wanted when they came. I enjoyed making sure that the food was fresh.
Great work environment
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Current Employee), Lemont, ILJuly 15, 2015
Pros: Free lunch; easygoing, yet organized management.
Cons: no benefits/ no healthcare/ not paid overtime or holiday pay
A typical work day goes by quickly. We have many regular customers who come back because of the good customer service that we try to provide to them a daily basis.
This job has given me more confidence with speaking with people and dealing with issues that I may be faced with. I also have had a lot more experience with placing orders and gaining more responsibility by becoming a key holder and training new employees. I take pride in my work and try hard to keep the place clean, organized. Also, I enjoy taking newcomers under my wing and showing them the ropes.
The hardest part of my job is balancing it with a second job and school. The most enjoyable part would have to be the people that I work with and have created friendly relationships with.
Always a fun day
Store Manager (Former Employee), Jacksonville, FLJuly 15, 2015
I learned leadership and how to conduct myself in a professional manner. I also loved my customers. The owners of the company are great.
Make sandwiches BOSS
Crew Member (Former Employee), Cambridge, ILJuly 15, 2015
Pros: Cheap food
Cons: Boring
Customers can be picky, but if you screw up their sandwich you get to eat it fo free. Its not bad, just choppin veggies, baking bread, and being nice to customers. COULDNT be easier.
exciting experience
Subway Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Springfield, ILJuly 15, 2015
Pros: get to see the smiles on my customers faces
Cons: no free meals no health insurance and barely get breaks
I learned everything I know from working for this subway. I was taught a lot by the manager and owner. I was taught the end and outs of subway. I was also taught the good & bad of working for the company. I enjoyed talking with my customers everyday and seeing the smiles on there faces as to they showed they were very satisfied with my customer service. I enjoyed working for the subway corporation.
Productive, Comfortable and Fun place to work
Employee (Former Employee), Saint Cloud, MNJuly 15, 2015
Pros: Flexible hours, good work enviornment
Cons: No set breaks, no discounts for employees
Making subs was a interesting interactive not too difficult part of my job. I had very helpful, supportive and nice co-workers and managers.
great and fun place to work
Director of Operations/District Manager (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLJuly 15, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: short breaks
its a good place to get started and grow. u get free lunch while you are working. its a tough job. you have to be able to prove yourself as a sandwich maker.
fast past work place with friendly, loyal customers
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Aurora, ILJuly 15, 2015
Pros: Free meal each day
Cons: short breaks
Subway is a lovely environment with life skills that you could use outside of the restaurant. The work wasn't easy. i made sandwiches, mopped, wash dishes and prepared bread.

About Subway

The SUBWAY restaurant chain is the world's largest submarine sandwich franchise, with more than 28,500 locations in 86 countries. – Read more

Subway Salaries