Subway
8,704 reviews

Subway United States Employee Reviews

Discrimination at its finest
Sandwich artist/Manager (Former Employee), Rio Dell, CAApril 24, 2015
Pros: free six inch sandwich
Cons: looked down upon by owner of liquor store which subway was located in
I was discriminated against for being a manager who was a woman.
I would open and close the store, clean, prep, cook, do paperwork, inventory, make food orders, make schedule, fire/hire employees etc...
first food job
Sandwich artist (Former Employee), Longview, TXApril 24, 2015
I have a new found respect for fast food. I liked majority of my team but there will always be some type of drama. it was a great learning experience, really got me out of my shell as for as communicating and speed. I liked my fellow coworkers they taught me a lot.
Sandwich Making Fun
Cook (Former Employee), London, KYApril 24, 2015
A typical day at work would be making sub sandwiches all day long. Management was great people to work for and best fast food to work for. Hardest part of the job was learning everything that went on certain subs and how many of each item went on each sub. Most enjoyable part was meeting new people and getting to see your regular customers that would come in.
Good first job
Sandwich artist (Former Employee), Catskill, NYApril 24, 2015
Pros: Good learning experience
Cons: Not much
Good for kids in high school, boss was very flexible with school activities like sports and prom. Customers can be frustrating but you learn patience and you just take a deep breath and relax and you fix the problem and make them happy. You get your regulars where you know them by name they know you by name, and to the point where they request you to make their sandwich.
Great Entry Level Work
Sandwich Artist/Customer Service (Former Employee), Palatine Bridge, NYApril 24, 2015
Pros: Customers
Cons: Scheduling, Management in Certain Locations
Served a wide varied of customers, usually all friendly. Learned business skills and computer systems within the company.
Management is only required to have a GED.
Subway Review
Sandwich Artist, Food Preparation (Former Employee), Wadesboro, NCApril 24, 2015
Pros: Free lunch
Cons: No benefits, No breaks unless time allowed.
I enjoyed working at Subway meeting the customers and working with the employees. The hardest part of the job were rude customers and the best part was having cooperative co workers pulling their own weight. However, they were no pay raises even after a year and no room for advancement.
Good Place
Shift Lead (Current Employee), Buhl, IDApril 23, 2015
It is a job that I am able to work and go home. It is hard to work there because I am working with a lot of young immature people.
great high school job
Sandwich Artist/Cashier,key holder (Former Employee), Blackshear, GAApril 23, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: pay benefits
best job i ever had, got to work with friends and make subs...it was awesome...hardest part was closing the store but it wasnt really hard
Fast Food
Sandwich Artist/ Cashier (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALApril 23, 2015
Cons: No workman comp
Took orders and received payments; prepared food. Prepared food daily for use on dining items. Job was ok, co workers were cool but the management sucks
fun a
Customer Service / Cashier (Current Employee), Somerset, NJApril 23, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: 15 mintuens break
i have skills with customers service and talking on phone take a order and making sub , cleaning . yest in this company has a career who want a make but there is no benifit
TEAM WORK
Cashier (Former Employee), Memphis, TNApril 23, 2015
Typical providing customers with excellent customer service, providing healthy food. Management was very positive and understanding. Hardest part is rude customer.
Working for Subway was very simple.
Food Service Manager (Former Employee), Martinsburg, WVApril 23, 2015
As a manager I would open the store Mon-Fri and work through the afternoons to make sure everything was ready for the unsupervised night shift. I learned a lot by being a manager.
The job itself was very simplistic; we had the same job to get done everyday. The hardest part was managing the employee's who did not really care about the job.
Dont go Here
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Norman, OKApril 23, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: bad pay bad benifits
Everthing was bad
bad
bad management
no overtime
30 hours a week only
Not enjoyable
forced to quit
war between day and night shift
bestjob ever
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee), Bradenton, FLApril 23, 2015
Pros: Bosses
Cons: leaving
This was the best job I ever had. My bosses treated me like family. She'd pay her daughter to cut my hair. I was so sad when I had to leave. The hardest part of the job was deep-frying fish and chips. Summertime it got super hot in there. and then each night we would clean the oil.
fun work place
Manager (Current Employee), Middletown, CTApril 22, 2015
Pros: mangers a great and always friendly staff
Cons: can be slow at times
I work in a very fun fast paced store as a manger. I have learned how to properly take care of customers in this environment to make them feel welcomed and satisfied. My co-workers are very hard working individuals who will go the extra mile to help our customers.
Great overall company
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee), Exton, PAApril 22, 2015
Plenty of opportunities to improve your management skills.
Room for advancement and great upper management feedback.
Not a job with a future
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), The Woodlands, TXApril 22, 2015
I loved working with the public. But upper management left much to be desired. The overtime was great, but some weeks I didn't even get 1 day off. It was hard to balance work and home because work was always there even over the phone. The turnover for employees is high due to the age and maturity level of many of the employees hired.
Productive & fun workplace with plenty of benefits
Shift Supervisor (Former Employee), Glendale, AZApril 22, 2015
Pros: 50% discounted lunches and definite chances to move up in the company.
Cons: Location
A typical work day at Subway involved providing excellent food for customers while maintaining a safe and clean work environment. While working for this company, I learned basic leadership skills needed for running a small group of individuals. My fellow co-workers and I exhibited great teamwork effort as well as individual sufficiency, making the workplace a much easier experience. The hardest part of this job I'd say would be fulfilling mass 400-1000 sandwich orders for certain parties and events while the most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the satisfied faces of customers after receiving their well prepared food.
great place
Shift Manager (Former Employee), Indianapolis, INApril 22, 2015
Pros: Flexiable
Cons: high turn over
It was a great experience and would recommend it as a nice place to work. I got great training and loved the people I workrd with.
Helping customers with their orders at subway
Artist (Former Employee), Riverdale, CAApril 21, 2015
Pros: Free lunch
Cons: Worked along 6 hours
Everyday I had to make orders for customers, and also prepping food.I learn to work alone for couple of hours. The hardest part of this job was that at times when i was working along I had a big line waiting and It was hard at times. Ant the best part about this job was when i was working with another co-worker because they would help me when i was busy.

About Subway

The SUBWAY restaurant chain is the world's largest submarine sandwich franchise, with more than 28,500 locations in 86 countries. – Read more

Subway Salaries