Subway Employee Reviews

Fun place to work at
Subway Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAOctober 11, 2017
one of my favorite job that i have worked so far,nice job to have and allot of cleaning and keeping a safe and friendly environment.every thing about the job is very simole
fast pasce work enviroment
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAOctober 11, 2017
Subway is a type of jbo that will always keep you on your feet and moving providing customer service to those dining in and out of the restaurant. Prepare customers orders to their exact wants and needs with efficiency, accuracy, and speed. management was lacking and could use some improvement
Poor management, poor co-worker work mentality
Subway Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSOctober 11, 2017
I worked here while I was preparing to graduate high school and was shocked at how little the manager took responsibility in many situations that were his fault. It was even to the point at the very end of my stint there that he would call the store and schedule the employee there to close the store when their shift would normally end at 7PM (3+ hours). Management has since changed, but I hold a grudge against that manager for scheduling his mostly sub-adult team to work hours that put them over the legal limit for employees in that age range.

The employees were also not the most work-oriented individuals due to this management.
I really love subway, but i did have one problem
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Marrero, LAOctober 11, 2017
I really love working at subway for roughly 3 months, I loved the friendly atmosphere and the down to earth customers but the only problem i had was with my manager due to the fact that my hours was cut to allocate hours to trainees.
Poorly Managed
Sandwich Artist and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Topeka, KSOctober 11, 2017
After the current manager took over, things quickly began to become chaotic and poor. Employees were leaving left and right and the ones that did stay were overworked to the extreme. Our health was not considered and the store quickly became terrible.
Pros
Free Food
Cons
Worked several days from open to close
productive
Cook and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Cypress, TXOctober 11, 2017
It was a fun place to work at. I would've stayed, but for personal reasons I had to leave. Working there is great. Always have something to do no slacking off.
Best atmosphere
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Minot, NDOctober 11, 2017
You get quality service and sandwiches made to perfection! its fast paced but a fun place to work! We always have daily customers that continue to help grow our company!
Pros
meeting new people
Cons
hours
Competitive workplace also, balanced.
Subway Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Florida City, FLOctober 11, 2017
As competitive as it was it was also very fun to work here. Always constant flow of customers due to the fact of a high school being a part of our building. Complicated orders came in and it was handled with ease.
It is only as bad as you make it
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COOctober 11, 2017
Great company. Everyone is just stretched far to thin.The pay sucks. At times you get great support. Mostly you are expected to figure it out.sink or swim. The turnover is ridiculously dumb. There is no more online training for certain things. Otherwise the iob is chill.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Sometimes people dont show up to work
great environments poor management
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, WAOctober 11, 2017
The work place at a subway will always have a relaxed but serious vibe. Only issue is management isn't very good at managing, which hurts MANY employees and has, as well as me.
Pros
discount lunch, great cowokrers.
Cons
terrible management and planning
Subway
STORE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Leesburg, GAOctober 11, 2017
The job isn't hard at all. The pay that Subway offers doesn't balance out. You are always on call at Subway. You truly bring your job home with you. You are never off.
Fun place to work no advancement opportunities locally low pay
Manager (Current Employee) –  IllinoisOctober 11, 2017
Unless you want to work for corporate I don't recommend it for a long time job no benefits no raises.job is stressful sometimes,but it is a fun atmosphere
Pros
Free sandwich
Cons
No benefits
fun exciting
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKOctober 11, 2017
loved the people i work with. really laid back environment. fast past the management was very understanding with family issuses. and there at the location i was at was family.
Pros
great people
Cons
loved it
fast-past
Sandwich Artist/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Freeport, ILOctober 11, 2017
very fast-past environment only a couple people 3 tops would work at a time so we would have to work as a team to get everything done in a timely manner. a lot of customer personal interaction learning a lot about customer service skills.
Pros
discount on food at location.
Cons
management could agree on proper way to do daily tasks in store so multiple different opinions.
No job Advancement
Shift Leader/Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Somerville, ALOctober 11, 2017
You literally have to keep yourself busy during the slow times and sometimes you can be the only one there and have a line out the door of customers and you have to switch from slow paced to fast paced very quickly!
Subway
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Conway, SC 29526October 11, 2017
Not a for the career minded individual. The job is not bad just poorly compensated. It was family owned and all things being equal was ran well. I would recommend this to someone looking to start out in management.
Pros
Free subs
Cons
Not enought pay for the amount of work
really sucks
Subway Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Plaistow, NHOctober 11, 2017
I personally didnt like working there. They never have a set schedule. The workers are rude. never smiled. unreasonable people. i dont like anything from working there.
I loved subway
MANAGER (Former Employee) –  ArkansasOctober 11, 2017
It was a great learning experience and my first managing experience. I learn a lot at subway that helped me in other jobs by applying the things i learned
Sandwhich artist
artist (Former Employee) –  Camp Hill, PAOctober 11, 2017
Very friendly place to work. Hours very flexible and pay was fair. This is my first job in the state of Pennsylvania. I would definitely recommend to anyone
I enjoy working here just need more hours
Subway Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMOctober 11, 2017
I enjoy working here just need more hours and apprecitation. It's really fast paced I like the job . I just really think they should give benefits and security especially where the job is.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Subway. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8