Subway Employee Reviews

Found 12,833 reviews matching the search
Not very busy,
SANDWICH MAKER (Current Employee) –  Harrah, OKJanuary 14, 2017
was not very busy so in turn led to not very many hours and not very many other employees which meant a lot fell on the shoulders of the few that are there but it taught e time management. Due to the short amount of time and staff, i was able to participate in more areas of the job which gave me more experience and for that i am grateful.
Pros
good discounts, good work environment
Cons
to long of breaks, 4 hour max shifts, short staffed, low hours
Very Relaxed, not taken seriously
Sandwhich Artist (Former Employee) –  Middlebury, INJanuary 14, 2017
People would sit in the back on top of the work tables eating sandwhichs they didnt pay for, plus they did drugs in the back.
Pros
not busy
Cons
not supervised
great
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 14, 2017
these people have a great company and I love the work environment and vibes along with the guests they have. pleasure doing business with such good people when given the chance!
Pros
great work environment and guests
Cons
none that i could think of
fun to work with the people apund
Restaraunt (Former Employee) –  Lynwood, CAJanuary 14, 2017
Subway was good experience but it had mostly its downs customer service just wasn't what I was looking for but had very good emplyees around my age. very little hours for this job
Addicted to Subway Sandwiches
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Albany, ORJanuary 14, 2017
The food at Subway is excellent, I enjoy helping customers but there is a lack of leadership and I cannot get full time hours. I do enjoy the job but would like to have more direction and hours.
Pros
I get Friday and Saturday off each week-Flex Hours
Cons
No Benefits and Lack of Management
Was amazing before new manager stepped in..
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJanuary 14, 2017
When i was first hired, the the manager had 14 years of subway experience and was a fair and awesome manager. I worked hard with my team who were also some really hard working and fun individuals. Then the store owner sold the store and a new store owner and manager came in. It was both of their first time ever working for subway and they had no idea what they were doing. They constantly did things wrong and modified things that affected the me, my coworkers, and the stores ability to function efficiently. I then went with the old manager again, but in a new store with an entirely new staff.. They were very negative people and my coworkers (not above me) continuously pushed me around, messed with my work to make me look bad, and proceeded to almost get me fired by the good manager. He ended up retiring and the worst possible coworker stepped up and, even though i liked her as a person, she was an absolutely horrible and unjust manager. I went from loving my job to hating it in about a weak. Once i left, i never went back, not even as a customer. Never will.
Pros
none anymore
Cons
poor management, poor coworkers, bad environment, no real training any more.
Fun Place to Work
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 14, 2017
Great place to work you get paid and fed. I loved my customers and the cookies best!! I met many different people due my location. I worked at a Subway/Truck stop.
Fun and easy pkace to start your carrier
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAJanuary 14, 2017
Its a very easy job and a very frendly environment. The coworkers are very kind and helpful to the newbies and they try to explain everything more clearly.
subs
Closing Night Crew Leader (Former Employee) –  Largo, FLJanuary 14, 2017
being a sandwich artist is fun and easy work, prepping and cleaning make the day speed by and enjoy a sub to go every day, the pay is low but good for when you are in school
Very slow job
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Former Employee) –  West Greenwich, RIJanuary 14, 2017
This job was really slow for me , I didt really like how i sat for most of my shift, and we had about 4 customers a night. The manager was terrible to his workers, very touchy and nosy with personal life.
Pros
one free 6 in sandwich
Cons
if we took one little extra thing for our sandwich like cheese, he wrote us up
Subway Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Homestead, FLJanuary 13, 2017
Subway is a very nice place to work in, but has can be a bit over whelming. Not enough employees so many task and responsibilities are controlled by one person, making the job overwhelming and tiring to work, i would recommend hiring more employees fora fair amount of work for each individual.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Too many task for one person
it was fun at first but turned sour quick
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hondo, TXJanuary 13, 2017
when i first started working at subway i loved it!! then a couple months went by and i started to dread coming to work. everything was messy and dirty all the time. i wish the manager would've done a better job. :(
Good temporary job
Kelso, WA/Longview, WA/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Kelso, WAJanuary 13, 2017
This was overall a good learning experience, great for young adults just starting out in the workforce. They are flexible with working around school/life schedule if you get an understanding manager like I did. Not the best for advancement because the highest most get to is a manager and they only get paid like 2 dollars more than min wage. Overall good place to work.
Couple employes
Subway Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CAJanuary 13, 2017
Small family owned shop. Nice employes , and customers. Got good business. Had a good time working there but had to quit because I got a better job offer
Cool place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Houma, LAJanuary 13, 2017
Subway melt is so good though. Maybe it's only a thing in Canada? Ham, turkey, Swiss, bacon, tastes so good.Pizza sub with mustard, olives and guacamole sounds really weird, especially since there's more than one sauce on it, It's surprisingly good. c
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
short breaks
Shift lead
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Pendleton, ORJanuary 13, 2017
Clean safe environment, easy job once you learn the formulas, great team-work environment. Learn customer service based job. Great job to start off your employment career.
its good for a start
Sandwich Artist/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Jarrettsville, MDJanuary 13, 2017
subway was a good starting job, the hours were nice and the people who came in were nice as well, the management was a tad off but overall a nice experience. i tried tow work hard and even stayed till 2am with my manager to restock supplies after a massive wave of soccer players came in and destroyed our stock for the day. my co workers were all nice and i tried to show them as much as i could. when a customer was declined at another subway for closing too early i gladly stayed open past hours so she could get dinner for her and her husband. its the little things in life that make me smile and to make sure people know that there is still some decency in people today.
Pros
free 6 inch every 4 hours and free drinks
Cons
cutting onions will make you cry
Work experience at Subway
Cashier/ sandwich maker (Former Employee) –  Athens, TNJanuary 13, 2017
The store that I worked for was never organized and the workers weren't doing their job so my experience here wasn't that great. I do believe if I worked at a different location things would be much different.
Fast paced
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXJanuary 13, 2017
Like most short order type eateries, the work is fast paced. The staff is predominantly teenagers and young adults.My experience with management was a poor one.
Slave to your job
Sandwhich Artist (Former Employee) –  Pacifica, CAJanuary 13, 2017
This job requires a lot of responsibilities which is no problem for me. The only problem I had working here was that my manager, specifically at my Subway Store, only hired six people so she would not have to pay taxes on more. We were forced to work long hours, and when we needed time off, we had to beg for it. My other five coworkers on the other hand were always rude and depressed which made the work enviroment even worse, especially for customers. If you look at our store's rating, we averaged a two star out of five. The most enjoyable part of the job was always having a free sandwhich and numerous soft drinks.
Pros
free sandwhich, learn to be organized, cashier
Cons
Long hours, not flexible hours, depressing coworkers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Subway. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8