Suddath Relocation Systems Employee Reviews in United States

Manage daly operation for the customer
Sub-Contractor/Administrator (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJAugust 26, 2015
Really good environment to work for, the staff and co-workers were very helpful. The company has many opportunities for workers to grow.
Pros
Good Salary
Cons
Long days
Good company with strong benefits
National Account Move Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAAugust 17, 2015
This is a strong company to work for, with good benefits. The tasks and work are divided by department and there is a good checks and balances system in place.
Fast past work place , can be fun if you make it
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Odenton, MDMarch 1, 2015
Fast past work environment , I've learned a lot at this company. Became more multitasked, alert, and fast past. The co-workers are professional, hardest part of the job would be not making mistakes and doing everything right the first time. the most enjoyable part of the job would be the people there ! they do make you feel comfortable and more at home , and apart of a big family regardless of the situation.
Pros
holiday parties, 401 k, yearly raises, and training in everythinging
Very nice place to work
Customer Service Administrator (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAApril 26, 2015
I enjoyed working at Suddath. However they pay wasn't very good and they didn't give yearly raises. There is a lot of very nice people and I am still friends with most of them.
Very fast paced in peak season, multi tasking, energetic, challengiing, rewarding
Logistics Planner for Southeast Region Area (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 5, 2014
-typical day began at 7:00am with a review of open work assignments that required attention. Contact with any/all dispatchers and military bases as well as over the road drivers and customers coordinating household goods moves.
-I learned a great deal about the moving and storage industry and the planning required to properly coordinate shipments loading/unloading schedule as well as all of the external support that goes into achieving a "perfect" move.
-Management was very supportive and engaged in the daily operations and receptive towards the needs of the team.
-Wonderful co-workers that worked well as a team, very supportive
-hardest part of the job was the high demand for "up-to-the-minute" information to multiple sources due to broad area of responsibility
-most enjoyable part of the day was the occasions that I was able to reduce the stress and help create a positive moving experience for our military members
Pros
advancement opportunities, fair salary and benefits, excellent team
Cons
demanding schedule, summertime "peak" season
Not a great place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXMarch 3, 2014
Managers are hired from outside the company and outside the industry and have little knowledge of the job functions and responsibilities. Managers intimidate their employees with rude emails. If an error is made, management announces it to the entire company.

The departments are all understaffed. The company expects you to provide world class service but due to the workload assigned that is difficult.

There is no job security with this company. I was laid off and then called back for employment then laid off again after 1.5 years additional employment.

The company is more concerned with their bank account and bottom line than providing good customer service and taking care of their employees. They act like they care about the drivers but will charge them for bogus claims and miscellaneous charges throughout the move.

Not a great place to work.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
terrible management, understaffed departments, no job security
Work with friend who had sereval company truck's.
Laborer / Mover (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 29, 2015
A typical day at work is fast pace. Learned the basic of major moving. Management was a friend of the family ease to get along with. We all got along well (co-workers).The hardest part was moving huge furniture. The most enjoyable part of job was getting the job done.
Very negative work environment.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 23, 2013
I worked at the Atlanta, GA branch and the wage that is offered vs. the expectation is poor! In addition, in one department there are 3 members of one family, one of which is the customer service manager, managing the other 2 family members. No one to address issues with in a fair fashion. One person doing, literally the job of three people (all departments). Jobs agency wide are threatened every single day. Management classes need to e taken by some of the management team. Overall Suddath is a FANTASTIC company!! Unfortunately the Atl branch has a lot to be desired unless they can be fair and positive and treat people as a valuable asset.
Pros
any positives were outweighed by the negative!! just show the $$ its a business!!
Cons
the expectation vs. the wage, the management, the constant threat of losing your job. (the branch, every single day!)
Multi tasking in high volumn office, working with clients and scheduling projects with other agencies.
Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXSeptember 30, 2012
April through September is hectic from start to finish, in most cases requiring overtime and Saturday's. On a daily basis meeting high demands and solutions to urgent matters.

I have learned to organize and multi task more efficiently along with prioriting my daily agenda.

I have a strong, honest relationship with management as well as a majority of my co-workers.

The hardest part of the job is closing out the day with unresolved issues and exhausting all efforts. The second hardest day is day two is walking into the same problem while picking up the pieces from the day prior.

The most enjoyable part is successfully completing a job seamlessly from start to finish. Especially projects that are ongoing for days, sometimes weeks.
Pros
versatility with hectic job situations, awesome teamwork
Great people to work with.
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Flagstaff, AZOctober 6, 2014
I appreciate and respect everyone that I have worked with or interacted with in this company.
I feel valued by my manager and I appreciate the efforts and professionalism of everyone in my upper management.
I am constantly amazed at the lengths the crews will go to provide excellent customer service.
Pros
love my customers and co-workers
Cons
very stressful for everyone involved.
heavy work load, fast paced, fun
warehouse logisitcs (Current Employee) –  coral springs flMarch 26, 2015
enjoyable work place, friendly staff, fork lift work, moving and relocating vaults/ storage units. out on road with movers on occasion helping relocating.
Challenging with variety in daily responsibilities
Mover (Former Employee) –  The Villages, FLJanuary 3, 2014
Employees share a common goal and teamwork-based camaraderie while having to maintain amiable relationships with customers. A typical day might include working either on-site packing, moving, or unloading of items of a business or home, or in a warehouse to pack, unpack, offload or load items to travel to a new destination. Days usually begin early and can last as long as twelve hours, however, work schedules are flexible and depend on the number of employees available and the number and scale of jobs to complete. Thus, a work week may include anywhere from twenty to forty hours with overtime pay available after a certain point.
Pros
reasonable pay scale with hourly and tips combined.
Cons
variable availaility of hours and the risk of physical injury
fast paced, professional environment
International Household and Logistics Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNDecember 17, 2013
typical day is checking emails/ voicemails, responding to customers and forwarders regarding current and upcoming moves. everyday is a learning process, international moves are ever evolving, no move is the same. management has recently changed... being that i'm the only international coordinator, i basically work alone.
If you are seeking a career in trucking this is a great starter company
Relocation Specialist/Owner-Operator (Former Employee) –  Wayne, NJJanuary 29, 2014
As a driver start time is between 630-7am being there early secures a limited space in the loading dock. Be sure to constantly check,check and recheck your paperwork and special instructions. the most challenging part of working here is dealing with a dispatcher and an operations manager constantly telling you conflicting instructions before heading out and always make sure to use your head when knowing what material and tools will be needed for the days work.
fun work place
Certified Packer and Mover (Current Employee) –  Odenton, MDSeptember 25, 2014
early mornings , Late evenings
Learned how to pack and move residence
Not very good managements
A comfortable work
Forklift Driver/Material Handler (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMay 20, 2013
I like when I work with the forklift. Also I enjoy monthly extracurricular activities that the company does for the employees. The hardest part of the job is when it accumulates all the work, which is something that rarely happens. I have no complaints about my job, or the company.
Pros
we watch movies in the brake room at lunch time.
Cons
the paycheck is too low and the family health plan that the company offer is too expensive.
productice
Operations Planner - US territory (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 15, 2013
Great Place to work, management, planning, conflict managment
lots of food places nearby
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Clearwater, FLJanuary 8, 2014
Learned I could be very inventive. Not a whole lot to say as far as working there it was a labor intensive job.
Pros
no comment
Cons
nooo coment
Exciting Pace, Growth Opportunities
Manager, Local Dispatch Operations (Current Employee) –  Odenton, MDAugust 5, 2013
Excellent learning opportunity in household goods moving and storage.
Really rewarding great hours
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CADecember 13, 2012
Lunch truck everyday
great pay
great hours
Coworkers were fun to work with