Suddenlink Communication Employee Reviews

Meet new people every day
District Marketing Representative (Former Employee), Muskogee, OKMay 7, 2014
Pros: free cable services
Cons: all my free time was devoted to selling cable
Mostly self-managed, in field every day going door to door selling cable. Management was helpful getting resources that were needed and getting leads for sales. I mostly worked alone except when training a new representative. The hardest part of the job was also the most enjoyable part, which was meeting new and diverse people each and every day.
Very intense atmosphere
Dispatcher I (Current Employee), Tyler, TXApril 13, 2014
Pros: flexible work days
Cons: high call volume
A typical day consist of helping technicians trouble shoot problems with equipment. Calling customers to reschedule appointments.
Fast Paced atmosphere
Data Analyst/Inventory Control /RSA/CCR/Dispatch (Former Employee), Malvern, ARMarch 3, 2014
I was allowed to think outside the box to complete my tasks as long as I stayed inside company protocols and processes.
Fast paced environment that required me to multi-tasks abilities which I love.
Managment allowed me to work as an individiual and participated in a "self promoting" program where employees could work as fast or as slow at they wanted to promote themselves inside the company.
It was a small office so I was required to wear many hats of responsibility which allowed me to learn alot.
Suddenlink
Salesman, installer (Current Employee), Stillwater OkJanuary 19, 2014
Pros: company truck and fuel paid for plus free cable and internet
Cons: hours and managment
They are a good company to be with just don't help that they care more for themselves then the guys that work the front lines every single day for them
good place to work
Dispatcher II (Former Employee), College Station, TXApril 14, 2013
Pros: pays bi weekly
Cons: no room for growth in the company.
I take up to 100+ calls a day I deal w/ The cable technicians and help them complete their installments and, technical operations from the office to the field. I also work with several different systems to get the order up and, running. ICOMS,TOA,RMOT are just a few I deal with on a daily basis. Sending hits to start services and, keeping accounts balanced as well as doing work orders and, several reports from my terminal daily . Also taking orders and COD from techs signing up new customers for our latest campaigns. Also completing several different daily reports that check the levels of service from the day before to turn in the site manager for review. As well as taking up to 100+ emails a day a responding to them with the information requested.
• Perform daily routing of field service work orders using TOA.
• Manage technician routes using TOA to ensure customer commitments are met (i.e.:install and service calls).
• Assist field personnel with completing scheduled appointments within designated time frames and
ensure that management is kept informed of potential problems.
• Contact appropriate technicians to resolve system/plant outages, Following established procedures.
• Build work orders and confirm available schedule dates on referrals, new orders and reschedules for technical personnel in accordance to established procedures.
• Contact customers to confirm scheduled appointments and verify plant up when outages are reported
fixed.
• Log and disseminate information regarding plant down (planned and unplanned) to all appropriate field and customer contact personnel.
Suddenlink is a cable company that provides Cable, Internet, Telephone, and Security services to customers.
Inventory Control Specialist (Current Employee), Russellville, ARJanuary 14, 2013
Pros: working by yourself, controlling your environment
Cons: lack of direction from direct supervisor and corporate management
Suddenlink is not a terrible company to work for, however my personal experience is tainted with extreme favoritism, not in my favor. I know this can be an issue with most companies, and is most likely limited to the Russellville, AR location given my experience.

Inventory Control Specialist is a position that requires a bi-monthly count of cable devices. You also maintain a database that keeps track of equipment assigned to technicians and front counter associates. The most enjoyable part of the job is that you mostly work on your own and get to make your own decisions about the organization of the warehouse. The hardest part is putting up with the constant favoritism and lack of any real professional ladder to climb. There is not really any advancement in this position.
work load is fine, management could use better interpersonal skill
Broadband Technician (Former Employee), Greenville, NCJanuary 3, 2013
The pay is good for the type of work. Management could use better skills to manage. The worker are not professionals.
Call Center
CCR Technical Support Level II (Current Employee), Saint Joseph, MODecember 16, 2012
Pros: great co-workers
Cons: stress and dealing with less than pleasant customers over the phone
I am thankful for this job because I have learned so much about how to be the best customer service agent I can be because I have had and incredible and supportive team of people behind me as my co-workers and supervisors.
A typical day for me begins with going into the technical queue and fielding calls for people who are having a variety of issues from outages to customer education. Next in line in my day I go into the Customer Link queue. This queue is composed of those of us in the local Office who are the specifically chosen based off the level of service we provide. Because the issues in this queue are typically escalated, you have to be great at your job to satisfy these customers and maintain their loyalty with the company. The hardest part of my job is dealing with difficult customers. I can do it and get through it and usually have them smiling and happy by the time we are done. But it takes its toll and can sometimes be quite hard to leave at the door when I get home. Also, the required sales. Typically, this part of the job should be handles by sales agents. Its difficult to additionally sell something to someone when they already have issue with something else. The most enjoyable part of my job are the people I work with. My co-workers are all amazing people.