Suddenlink Communications

Suddenlink Communications Employee Reviews in United States

Sell, sell, sell!
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJuly 26, 2016
Haven't worked there in quite a while, but when I was there, as a TECH SUPPORT representative, it was all about up-selling. I'm not a salesman, I fix things. The pay and benefits were nice, but I don't think I could do a call center job again.
Pros
Decent pay/benefits/perks.
Cons
Call center is soul-crushing.
All work and no appreciation
Dispatch Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXJuly 19, 2016
Way over worked and advancement is only given to the people that complain they will threaten to call HR or most importantly contact the SVP. Those same people get the raises and promotions.

The normal day is always hectic i had to get routes out each morning so the field service tech had a route ready 8:00am.

I had more executive rolls of learning all new products and procedures an then train my team, I had to do all the coaching and compliments.

The most difficult part of the job was firing people. On the other hand I love to continually business of the day, working with people from all over the company I was a go to person for many people in many departments.
Pros
friendships and the feeling of accomplishment
Cons
fored overtime, and all new jobs was all put on dispatch when they were the busiest department in the local office.
Customer Service Rep with excellent people skills and salesperson
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVJuly 17, 2016
My typical day at work is that I talk to customers around the US to give them the best customer experience that I can.
I set them up with services that best fit their needs
In my 9 years as a customer service rep, the biggest thing I have learned is to listen. Listen to what the customer wants and needs.
I have great respect for my co-workers because what we do is not an easy task to do all day every day.
The hardest part of my job is trying to calm a disgruntled customer.
The most enjoyable part of my job is that I get to help customers on an hourly basis. I consider myself a people person. I love being able to get the customer what they want in a timely manner.
Pros
health benefits and 401K
Cons
not being able to have much mobility.
Went From good to bad !!!!!
CCR 3 TEchnical Rep (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaJuly 16, 2016
The only reason why I rated ONE star is bc before "ALTICE USA" took over , this was an awesome work environment ! Hakiim has completely decreased earned Incitives for employers , he's increased customers bills making it so much hard to keep customer satisfaction as well as hitting monthly quotas as a employer ! Constantly changing policies with the lack of little to NO training. He's all about a coin !!!!!!!! NO MORE EMPLOYEE REGCONITION ... It's a complete disaster . Walking into a work environment literally not knowing when your last day will be . It's unfornate that my team has been laid all with very little severance !! This is a company that I will no longer recommend for future employment , bc just as fast as he purchased Suddenlink he will loose it . The customer service has went completely down the drain .... His business ethic will not make it here in the USA ..
Pros
before ALTICE
Cons
after ALTICE
Facilities Coordinator II (Current Employee) –  Scott Depot, WVJuly 12, 2016
We have just recently been purchased by a company from France so my experience with the new company, Altice is very limited. It seems like it will be nice to work for them but the pay is not good.
Great work place.
Installer/Technician (Former Employee) –  Shrewsbury, WVJuly 6, 2016
My typical day at work would be to focus on what I have to get done. But the only thing I didnt like about it, was that the supervisior over top of me had something against me and thats how I got fired. I would apsolultly love to have my job back there !!
Suddenlink Communications
Accounts Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXJuly 5, 2016
This was a great place to work if you are looking to make money and have great sales skills. great for single people just starting out, its a place to build a foundation for your future.
Not everyone can work on the phone though.
Pros
potential to make a lot of money and progress
Cons
very strict on attendance, breaks and lunch micro managed
good place to work
Tech Support Tier 2 (Current Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOJuly 3, 2016
its a good place to work, but there is a very good chance the call center in town will be getting closed down soon. there is a limited amount you can advance.
Pros
good people
Cons
limited advancment
Not good anymore
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJuly 2, 2016
Before Suddenlink was purchased by Altice it was an amazing place to work. Great people, pay, benefits no complaints at all!

Fast forward a few months the 7 core values no longer mean anything. Employees are given little to no warning of mandaory overtime. Commissiom will randomly drop after the commission cycle has closed. They have created a culture of fear & deception. Never know if today will be the day we get told we no longer have job. Customer service has went out the window all the new owners care about is money. They will squeeze every penny they can out of the customers and pay the employees as little as possible.
Pros
Free cable/internet
Cons
New owners and everything they brought with them
great pay, great benefits
Broadband Tech 2 (Former Employee) –  Bossier City, LAJune 28, 2016
demanding career. on call responsibilities very frequent and exhausting at times, but financially rewarding. plant and customer services extensive.benefits were good.
Pros
great pay for me. most i have had up to date.
Cons
too much on call. don't like working during worship hours on sundays.
Great place to work if you are looking for a career in telecommunications
Regional Director Customer Care (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXJune 26, 2016
Great place to work where people care about people and where you work hard and play hard. If you are career oriented, this is a great place to start!
suddenlink
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJune 21, 2016
I was appreciated and valued due to my expertise in revenue building, customer service, and sales expertise. I loved been able to help people while also working for a company that i was proud of. The team building and also moral within the facility was always top priority and i loved every part of my job. management spend a great deal of time and effort to make sure that they were able to perfect and develop our skills while making sure that we were given the tools to do our absolute in meeting personal stats and goals. Me personally I looked at is as a challenge to exceed the goals that were set into place for me.
Pros
salary capabilitys
Cons
fun and exciting workplace with gym, pool tables, convience store and business is always changing
CCR 1 technician (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXJune 14, 2016
i love the job. I love the people I had met and I cant wait to get back and not to forget the awesome pay and benefits and recreations and how much love the company shows you.
Great Company
Sales Representative CCRI, Retention CCRI (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXJune 14, 2016
This was a great job talking with people everyday with services and problems. Until you get on the phones you will not ever know what kind of job this is. Great training and scripts but support is not available many times while customers are still on the phone. Look up and no one is around and others are also on the phones. Agents do however help one another well. Finally ended my job living to far away to make the money worth while. It was great and I sure learned a lot and meet some really great people. I would do it again if i lived near a call center.
Pros
Great Company, benfits, good people, great trainers Midsouth
Cons
lack of support on the floor many times, hours, honesty
Great friendly enviroment
Dispatcher I (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARJune 14, 2016
My experience at sudden link was great the environment and the workers were very helpful. A lot of information was gained the time I was there.
horrible work atmosphere
Cable Technician (Former Employee) –  Minden, LAJune 8, 2016
supervisors didnt sart trying to take intiative until company buy out and they themselves started getting checked on a daily basis
Fun place to work
Billing Analyst (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXJune 6, 2016
I love my job! I enjoy going to work each day. It is a very low stressed place to work. The hardest part is now knowing all that comes with the job, we learn so much each day.
Repetitive, unprofessional environment. Poorly managed.
Cable sales (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXJune 2, 2016
A day in the life ... take calls get even though people need help customer support ... nope u hammer them with product till they get mad. Then you are supposed to help them. They have 7 cultural values ... they are for show only, the company could give a care less about you as a person.

Plus your job is on the line everyday. At any moment they could say your fired and then give some stupid reason.

I quit the place and am much happier even with a little less pay.

Management is sad. They don't care about you or the customers only sale sale sale. No matter your position.
Pros
Cons
everything. poor company, doesn't care about customers
Great for benefits and pay. Helpful co-workers
Broadband Technician (Former Employee) –  Pineville, LAMay 29, 2016
A typical day at work is one that will instill pride in an employee. I learned how to collect and utilize data to properly install or repair an issue with service.Also how to utilize basic and advanced tools such as meters, ladder, climbing gaffs, basic hand tools, and provided equipment for phone, internet, and cable TV.Co- workers were helpfull in educating me and assisting me when help was needed.The hardest part of the job was fitting in tight spots in attics and sometimes technical issues with equipment.The best part of the job is that the knowledge you have is to be appreciated because its not a job anyone can do. And the pride one gains at the end of each day knowing that you have helped make a customers experience satisfying.
Pros
Useful knowledge, rewarding financially, benefits, and take home vehicle.
Cons
Being held responsible for accidents you are not at fault for, Being rushed to make better time rather than doing the job correctly on occasion
Productive workplace with a great focus on customer satisfaction and a pleasant and supportive workplace.
Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Angelo, TXMay 28, 2016
Suddenlink is a great company to work for, They generally care about the welfare of both their employees and their customers, and do everything possible to ensure that both are properly cared for.

Suddenlink Communications Reviews by Location