Suddenlink Communications Employee Reviews

Good job if you like helping people.
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXNovember 9, 2017
Extremely fast-paced and busy. I learned how to be nice to people over the phone no matter what. Management is caring and fair. Most enjoyable part of the job is talking to customers and helping them.
Pros
Great benefits, free cable.
Cons
Demanding expectations.
Great place to work for Jonesboro.
Broadband Technician II (Current Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARNovember 5, 2017
It is not a terrible place to work, but you have to be willing to work in the elements. You are on your own the majority of the time, which I consider a plus. If you are not self-motivated, you might find it hard to succeed because there is not a boss standing over your shoulder the entire time. My biggest complaint is that they stress that they are a "family focused" company, however, you spend many late nights trying to complete all the extra work that is given to you late in the day.
Pros
Work Alone, Vehicle(for work use only), Cell Phone, All Tools
Leadership is not consistent
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXNovember 4, 2017
Management is not on the same page. Also, there are only a few supervisors and managers who have the experience and knowledge necessary to do their jobs successfully. Most of the leaders cannot accurately answer your questions.
Great place to work but very stressful.
Customer Loyalty and Escalation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVOctober 25, 2017
Coworkers and Supervisor staff where great to work with and the benefits and perks where outstanding. Call volume and customer issues could be very stressful.
Pros
Free Lunches and activities monthly
Cons
Job security
work hard
Technical Operations Supervisor - Senior (Former Employee) –  Princeton, WVOctober 25, 2017
Work hard and you can advance. Took care of their employees. took good care of their customers and as long as you put the customer first you were doing well.
missing customer service
Retail Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  TexasOctober 24, 2017
Management is lacking. No one knows what the left hand is doing because the right hand is not paying attention. MANY MANY lay offs happening. Only a few good managers left, getting rid of all that support great customer service!
Great benefits; no job security
"CCR 3 OVERNIGHT TECH SUPPORT" (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXOctober 19, 2017
Suddenlink is a great place to work, however due to recent changes in management the comfort of job security appears to be a thing of the past. Benefits are great, and if you're willing to take steps to increase pay it's very well compensated. However, the program to progress as I did in pay was just removed. The changes made by Altice doesn't focus any changes to benefit their employees and has made a overall less quality of work for everyone.
Typical Day
Collection Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCOctober 19, 2017
A typical day at Suddenlink, was processing payments, making sure payment arrangements are setup correctly. Make sure your reports are completed and updated with management. I learned so much at this job.
Pros
Everything was great
Cons
People you work with
Fun place to work
Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Prestonsburg, KYOctober 17, 2017
Suddenlink communication was a very good job I got a lot of work and customer service.received on the job training in cable phone and internet systems.any questions or problem I had was answered by a competent management team.
Pros
Being outside
Cons
Rude customer
Asked to work outside of moral comfort zone.
Broadband Technician (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVOctober 17, 2017
I was ok with the job its self, but was not ok with lying to customers as I was asked to do. The pay was not adequate for the risk of climbing telephone poles and ladders on a several times a day basis.
worked alone minimal supervision
Warehouse Converter Technician (Former Employee) –  Princeton, WV 24739October 17, 2017
worked alone minimal supervision, had no onsite manager or lead and was without knowledge of things that changed in everyday operations. total lack of communication through the ranks.
Mirco since merger
Commercial Outbound Executive (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXOctober 16, 2017
Great healthcare options

You will be treated like a child or a robot(reading a script) depending on what department you work in. i see the other departments have agents raise their hands now for help like they are in the 3rd grade.

Only management or supervisors can go to the restroom when they need to. you will have let theme know with a code when you have to do anything.

will not promote from within.
Productive place to work. Wonderful atmosphere to work in.
Business Operations Administrator (Former Employee) –  Beckley, WVOctober 13, 2017
Productive and stressful at times. Excellent management. Amazing team to work with. They believe in family first. The best part of working here is the relationships amongst co-workers and management.
Pros
Excellent benefits and paid time off.
Cons
Low pay.
Fast pace working enviroment
Customer Loyalty Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TX 75701October 9, 2017
A typical day at work consist of taking in bound calls and helping customers within 8 minutes or less with what ever their issues, concerns etc. I learned to better use excel, Microsoft, email use, and my typing skills improved. The management is great within the company. The hardest part of my job is the scheduled shift and taking the inbound calls within 8 minutes or less as I don't feel that is customer service rushing through the call. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with my escalations team to get the customers taken care of.
Pros
Great pay, benefits
Cons
score cards, point system, call handle ti
horrible
Broadband/Cable/Alarm Technician (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAOctober 9, 2017
Not enough time in the day to complete scheduled installs. Managers are always complaining about overtime. Also the company doesn't pay its techs well at all.
Fun
Broadband Technician III (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAOctober 8, 2017
A typical day at work, what you learned, managment, workplace culture, the hardest part of the job, the most enjoyable part of the job and where it all went down
it was a very stressful environment at the time
Tech Support Agent Level 3 (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 8, 2017
they offered basic training for their positions, you didnt have to have ANY experience for any of the openings. the environment itself was extremely stressful but the job was good. The main complaint i would give for this job is that they demanded ALL employees to reach specific sales goals. i do not agree with this. that is what a sales department is for. it is especially hard for a tech support agent to try to sell services to angry customers that call in because their services are constantly out or not working properly. they had alot of incentives for bonuses with different promotions and you got additional compensation for those. they paid decent and their benefits were good.
Pros
different shifts available, good benefits and pay
Cons
very stressful and noisy environment, unfair sales demands.
company was good until was bought by Altice
Business Administrator (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXOctober 6, 2017
depending on manager it can be bad. because they are the front face of the department. you have to brag about yourself even if u have to lie. always show ourself on top
Pros
discounts
Cons
bad management
Serving my Clients
Writer/Producer/Director (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOOctober 1, 2017
I enjoyed serving my clients for nearly 26 years at Cablevision Advertising which later became Suddenlink Media and is now Altiece. I would rather not comment on the manner in which my department was closed or whether I was fairly compensated.
Fun place to work
Technical Support, Level 3 (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXSeptember 28, 2017
Suddenlink was a fun place to work. I advanced fairly quick up to a Tech III. The management was excellent. Heavy customer contact with problem solving and trouble shooting a top priority. Selling more services was easy to do once the consumer's problem was solved.
Pros
free lunches, happy, cheerful employees, free gym
Cons
Sometimes the customer is rude and there is no comforting them.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Suddenlink Communications. Our community is ready to answer.