Suddenlink Communications

Suddenlink Communications Employee Reviews in United States

Enjoyed the sales experience
Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXMay 12, 2016
Enjoyed the sales experience. I loved the competitive drive. I had to meet goals every month and that drove me to be the best I could be. It really brought the competitive nature out of me.
great job!
Broadband Technician II (Former Employee) –  Leesville, LAMay 12, 2016
• Installed, tested and troubleshot Suddenlink services
• Educated customers regarding the use of installed products
• Determined and recommended service upgrades and additional Suddenlink products
• Ensured quality of Suddenlink processes and procedures
• Complied with all safety procedures and policies
• Drove company vehicle in a safe and responsible manner
• Worked in confined spaces, such as crawlspaces and attics
• Carried, climbed and operated extension ladders
• Climbed poles using gaffs, hooks and climbing belt
• Obtained BBT II status (responsibilities include: adjusting Forward and Return levels to appropriate setting, testing for ingress noise in the plant, wall-fishing different cable types, including coaxial, cat-3, and cat-5, as well as installing outlets, etc.)
• Obtained Louisiana Security license and Suddenlink Security Certification

I enjoyed the fellowship of other technicians, typical day was 8-5 with some overtime, learned a lot about signal waves and how they travel and degrade over long distances. my manager was excellent. always willing to help or answer questions, and did not believe in micro-management. My co-workers were great. We would always help out another tech on a job if he needed it. We had a lot of fun joking around with each other, but we knew when it was time to work, that was the top priority, getting the job done. Hardest part of the job was dealing with irate or stubborn customers, but you get that no matter where you work. Overall, it was a great job. No huge complaints, I just left because I was offered something better.
Fast paced workplace with emphasis on fun
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVMay 11, 2016
This was my first experience with a call center. Suddenlink sets you up to succeed with amazing training and ongoing classes to help you be more productive and helpful to customers. Once a week you meet with your Supervisor and listen to a few random calls and together you grade the call and see where you can improve. I really enjoyed working there. There were always contests going on with incentves to upsell as well as pizza or sub parties. They really did so much to make it a fun place to work. It was very fast paced and the days just flew by.
Pros
Lunches provided on busy days, commission for sales, room for advancement
Cons
Short breaks, very rigid attendance policy
Challenging
Door to Door sales (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXMay 6, 2016
If you are looking for a job where the customer is satisfied, this is NOT the place to work. The whole concept of this company is to make the sale regardless of the customers objections. This company teaches a script with rebuttal statements to use to aggravate people until they give up and buy just so the customer can get rid of the Salesman. This is the worst company that I have ever worked for. The people were good people, but the philosophy of the company was terrible. I think this company could do better by just advertising on TV. I hate pressure sales. This is a extreme high pressure sales job.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
High pressure sales
Excellent Training and attention to details
Neighborhood Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Georgetown, TXMay 4, 2016
Typical Day: our shift was established as a 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. workday. We met at the office for a short orientation where we were provided with our daily assignments and routes and then began fulfilling our appointments. We would meet with existing customers to perform tests on their equipment and to present them with the latest information regarding Suddenlink product offerings. We accomplished ten to fifteen per day.

Learned: Customer relations, positive sales techniques, customer inquiry and listening skills, use of personal computers, use of Apple I-phones associated with company software, telecommunication technology associated with the cable industry.

Management: they were all very good, this company only promoted people to management who not only possessed superior job-related knowledge, but also demonstrated excellent people skills. At times we worked side by side with Corporate level Vice Presidents for Marketing, Sales, Construction, Planning, IT, etc., for extended periods of time. They all shared their knowledge and experiences in ways designed to make us better employees and people.

Co-workers: The best part of the job was these fine people. We interacted daily, sharing our experiences, offering insights and opinions, all the while creating a synergistic environment where we mentored and supported each other towards meeting company goals.

Hardest part of job: watching our company being purchased by a foreign company, Altice of France. This was the first time an American Cable company had been purchased by a foreign entity.

Most enjoyable:
  more... as stated earlier, the Management and Co-workers were great, but having the opportunity to help our customers was the best part of the job. Many of our customers were "technically challenged" by their own admission, and we were able to answer their questions, provide updated information and services, and in the majority of my experiences lower their bill. When I left a customers home, they had confidence that their equipment was working properly, they understood what each piece of equipment was necessary for and they had been presented with service options that most closely met their needs.  less
Pros
Meeting or exceeding customers expectations daily.
Cons
It was a rare instance, but there were customers we could not spend enough time with on our appointment.
good employer
Sales & Marketing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Scott Depot, WVApril 20, 2016
Suddenlink has historically been a great place to work. They offer good employee benefits. The services, particularly the Internet service offered to customers, are far better than competitors' offerings.
Pros
great benefits
Suddenlink Communications
Call Center Technologies specialist (Current Employee) –  Tyler TexasApril 19, 2016
I started with Suddenlink in 2008, I was a call center tech agent, I received great training and support from supervisors and management. When I started I barley knew how to use office software and applications. Before i left training I had all I needed to help customers.

I quickly became a team lead and helped develop training documents for the most up to date operating systems to help our customers. After 4 years on the floor I was asked to become part of Call center technologies. I cant say enough about those I worked with, I was the only one in the department who didnt have a college degree, but that made no difference to them, they quickly taught me what I needed to know to be an asset to my team. The hardest part of my job was making sure the accuracy was there and meeting the deadlines needed for projects. In the tech world often times you have to hurry up and wait for other companies or departments to move whats needed in place, My coworkers are the most wonderful people I have ever met, an eclectic mix of talents, backgrounds,and personalities. I will be forever in their debt for what they have taught me the last few years.
Pros
Great pay, Great benifits, Discunted services, good schedule.
Cons
cant think of any
Enjoy Installation of cable
Broadband Technician (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXApril 14, 2016
Enjoy the construction of cable installation, and customer satisfaction after install is complete. Co-workers work well when needing tools or installation equipment.
Pros
freedom to work (outdoors, indoors, residential)
Cons
late finishes in the evening
Hard physical labor and long hours, good compensation and great advancement opps
Broadband Technician and Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Parker, AZApril 13, 2016
Day starts at 8:00am with a job route fully populated for the day. It is your responsibility as a technician to finish all the work orders on your route. Ranging from as easy as changing inputs on a TV to hours worth of work replacing wiring at the customer premise. There is much to be learned as a cable technician. One of my favorite parts of the job would be the training. It can be very interesting to learn how a cable system operates, and to see what is coming in the near future of telecommunications. Coworkers' attitudes vary by location and from different crews. The hardest part of this job is learning how to identify and troubleshoot specific issues. The physical labor can also be excruciating in the hot summer months of Arizona.
Fun place to work
Regional Vice President of Sales and Marketing (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCApril 8, 2016
Typical work day involves me visiting my direct reports. I honed by budgeting and forecasting skills, understanding trends, etc. Suddenlink was like a family. I really enjoyed my 10 years with the company.
A great place to work
Accounting Coordinator II (Former Employee) –  Scott Depot, WVApril 8, 2016
Suddenlink is a great place to work..The best coworkers to work with. This company believes in family first. The most enjoyable part of my job is the people you work feels like family which allows you to be more productive on the job.
Suddenlink great place tp work
Manager Voice Operations (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXApril 7, 2016
A typical work day was Email review , 10min desk meeting with each of my team to review the what their day looks like and any problems, Conference calls, online meetings.
what I learned was how to better communicate with chief officers, to better see the bigger picture and how I can adjust my team faster to meet that vision.
my co workers were hardest working, had a very strong sense of responsibility, sense of teamwork was the best I worked around since I severed in the US ARMY. everyone had a very strong dedication to making the customers experience the best they could.
hardest part was leaving
the most enjoyable part of my job was my direct reports and how much I enjoyed when that little light bulb went off in their eyes when you were mentoring them.
Pros
free cable internet services, benefits
Excelent employee benefits.
BROADBAND TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXMarch 30, 2016
Excellent company with exceptional employee benefits for yourself and your family. The best part is meeting new people and the new additions to the city.
Pros
Benefits.
Cons
demanding long hours while balancing a family as well
Flexible work enviroment. Great Place to work
Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXMarch 24, 2016
Very flexible will let you have unlimited earning potential. Excellent Company very into the the community. You definitely feel apart of the local community.
Pros
Free services
Cons
commission structure changes too often
Direct Sales Supervisor (Current Employee) –  San Angelo, TX 76901March 18, 2016
Benefits are outstanding! Management varies between systems but good overall. The hardest part of the job is balancing the ever changing expectations of regional and corp leadership. Most enjoyable part of the job is the close knit culture of the local offices.
Great Staff!!!
CCR 1 Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXMarch 9, 2016
Customer service Job, work on phones, talk to lots of southern people! always overtime! Management is ALWAYS willing to help with personal issues if need be. Very family oriented place.
Pros
Family oriented, fun crew
Cons
short lunches
stressful for reps and services not good enough
Account services representative (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXMarch 4, 2016
They expect you to be able to keep existing customers, and open new accounts each month but they are constantly increasing the service rates, reducing channel options, and in some cities they need to upgrade the entire system. Plus there are too many performance goals that you have to keep track of to make sure your meeting each one, but some interfere with others and you cant get ahead.
Pros
good benefits, seldom in mandatory ot, 1 hour lunches
Cons
you have to work there to understand
Great plact to work
Corporate Sales Training Manager (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXMarch 1, 2016
The family atmosphere at Suddenlink is great. I enjoy my work and my coworkers. I enjoy the perks and the pay is great for the area.
Pros
Free Cable and Internet Service
Co-workers are great and make a fun work environment
Retention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXFebruary 24, 2016
Speaking to internal and external customers for customer satisfaction. The hardest part of the job currently is learning a new operating system. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to interact with wonderful people on a daily basis.
Cons
Slow accruing PTO and sick time.
Empowering place to work
Vice President, Sales and Marketing (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCFebruary 24, 2016
I enjoy working at Suddenlink. Restructure has me seeking other opportunities. I have taking on more responsibilities over the years and the company has trusted me to make decisions that I think are best for the North Carolina region.