Suddenlink Communications Employee Reviews

Good room for growth
TECHNICAL SUPPORT/SALES (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXDecember 28, 2016
When I worked for Suddenlink Communications, I was eager about my future with the company. There was potential for growth within the company. My only reason for leaving was due to personal life conflict and the company was in the process of being sold to Altice - an overseas company. I didn't know how that looked for my job position as a Tech Support agent, so I found another job before that played out. I have friends still working at Suddenlink Communications, and others who have went back after it being sold. Seems to still be an excellent company to work for with great benefits and room for growth - if you can handle the call center life.
Pros
Room for growth/advancement, decent pay, good insurance, flexible schedule dependent on manager
Cons
Point system for absences
All work and no appreciation
Dispatch Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXJuly 19, 2016
Way over worked and advancement is only given to the people that complain they will threaten to call HR or most importantly contact the SVP. Those same people get the raises and promotions.

The normal day is always hectic i had to get routes out each morning so the field service tech had a route ready 8:00am.

I had more executive rolls of learning all new products and procedures an then train my team, I had to do all the coaching and compliments.

The most difficult part of the job was firing people. On the other hand I love to continually business of the day, working with people from all over the company I was a go to person for many people in many departments.
Pros
friendships and the feeling of accomplishment
Cons
fored overtime, and all new jobs was all put on dispatch when they were the busiest department in the local office.
Employees at Suddenlink communications and upper management are eager to help with advice when needed.
Broadband Technician II (Current Employee) –  Shrewsbury, WVDecember 27, 2016
Had minor disagreement with supervisors that I can explain upon interview of selected. Great work environment, just the way the upper management has some things to straighten out and get fixed, Other than that I enjoy the learning experience and employees and working there.
Pros
Company truck to drive home after work and gas card with truck. Good benefits and PTO
Cons
Could take 15 minute breaks every 2 hours, Always getting work added on by dispatch team, after scheduled working hours, which is understandable, by but it seems like it's an everyday thing, that's no problem I don't mind some over time, but sometimes I like to spend some time with the family.
Unperdictable
CSR - Tier (Former Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVOctober 21, 2016
I worked in the call center in West Virginia. My direct supervisors and the Team out on the floor were awsome! The always tried to help you understand your goals and tried coaching you to get the most out of the position you were in. The pay was good and the vacation and sick time was nice. On the down side the metrics constantly changed and there was a disconnect from upper to lower management often. This could lead to confusion on protocols or poor reviews on score cards for the month due to these changes. Since leaving this company I have heard that this has gotten worse due to the new ownership group.
Pros
Pay and Benefits
Cons
Constantly changing protocols
suddenlink
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJune 21, 2016
I was appreciated and valued due to my expertise in revenue building, customer service, and sales expertise. I loved been able to help people while also working for a company that i was proud of. The team building and also moral within the facility was always top priority and i loved every part of my job. management spend a great deal of time and effort to make sure that they were able to perfect and develop our skills while making sure that we were given the tools to do our absolute in meeting personal stats and goals. Me personally I looked at is as a challenge to exceed the goals that were set into place for me.
Pros
salary capabilitys
Cons
Overall a great place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TxAugust 17, 2016
When I began at Suddenlink it was with high hopes and expectations. After a year and a half my expectations were a little more realistic. There were the same pitfalls and problems that seem to accompany any other job. The hours were long, the task repetitive, and there were rules and policies that seemed to work against the job that you were supposed to do. Having said that though it was still one of my favorite places I have ever worked. The people I worked with were amazing, the management seemed to genuinely care about your personal progress, scheduling time off was simple and easy, and the benefits were incredible.
Sales (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXDecember 28, 2016
I loved working here, and I want to go back.

I left the first time due to attendance I had a lot going on at the time and I think the attendance policy wasn't the easiest to work with especially how I started out but I think I would have a good hang of it this time now that I fully understand it.
Pros
management, coworkers, pay, benefits.
Cons
management, attendance.
Very competitive and fun place.
customer service representative II (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXNovember 16, 2016
There were many reasons why this was a great place to work. Not only did they have excellent benefits, they also had other perks, such as commission. The job offered many other incentives as well, such as games, prizes, lunches, bonuses, and many more. The management was excellent. You take courses to help better your skills every month.
Not good anymore
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJuly 2, 2016
Before Suddenlink was purchased by Altice it was an amazing place to work. Great people, pay, benefits no complaints at all!

Fast forward a few months the 7 core values no longer mean anything. Employees are given little to no warning of mandaory overtime. Commissiom will randomly drop after the commission cycle has closed. They have created a culture of fear & deception. Never know if today will be the day we get told we no longer have job. Customer service has went out the window all the new owners care about is money. They will squeeze every penny they can out of the customers and pay the employees as little as possible.
Pros
Free cable/internet
Cons
New owners and everything they brought with them
Account services
Account Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXNovember 7, 2016
Working at Suddenlink is stressful because you are dealing with customers who are generally mad and upset because they say they can't afford the services. Which I completely understand. A customer needs to be allowed to vent and release some frustration.
But for me the hardest part, is when elderly people can barely afford the basic we have and I have to tell them I'm sorry. There is nothing I can do to help you.
The best thing is when someone seems mad and frustrated, that I can say or do something that turns them around. And they say I've made their day, whether I was able to fix their account or just make them smile.
The co-workers I've come to know are wonderful people. Strangely enough being in a 24/7 call center, sometimes hard to meet a lot of people.
Since the buy out to Altice the management has been undergoing a restructure of departments.
Pros
Occasional free lunch coupons, when we have a cookout
Cons
Not many oppourtunities to advance
love the job and people
Technical support representative (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXDecember 14, 2016
its a call center. the job is the same. answer phones but its the management and people that make it worth working at. free services also! big plus that we get free cable and internet and phone is only 10 or so. I love it.
benefits
Cons
shifts
Good company
Broadband Technician III (Former Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVNovember 22, 2016
Good benefits. Management was always receptive of constructive criticism if you had a way you thought things could run smoother or save the company some extra money in the long run.
Pros
Good benefits.
Cons
Lower end of spectrum for pay
Nice place to work with a lot of nice people
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCOctober 23, 2016
My typical day at suddenlink consisted of me showing up at my first customer's house at 8:00 am asking the customer how can be of an assistance today. I learned a lot from working at suddenlink starting with installing, troubleshooting, cable, internet, phone, and home security but most of all I learned how to do customer service. Management at Suddenlink Communications was an experience for me because the supervisors there treated you like family and not just another person working for the company. The hardest part of my job at the time was when I could not figure what was going on with the customer's equipment. The most enjoyable part of the job was satisfying my customer' and knowing that they were educated on the service and knowing that they could call me personally if they had any problems.
Pros
Always kept us on edge on what the weekly meeting.
Cons
Not knowing what the customer problem is
Repetitive, unprofessional environment. Poorly managed.
Cable sales (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXJune 2, 2016
A day in the life ... take calls get even though people need help customer support ... nope u hammer them with product till they get mad. Then you are supposed to help them. They have 7 cultural values ... they are for show only, the company could give a care less about you as a person.

Plus your job is on the line everyday. At any moment they could say your fired and then give some stupid reason.

I quit the place and am much happier even with a little less pay.

Management is sad. They don't care about you or the customers only sale sale sale. No matter your position.
Pros
Cons
everything. poor company, doesn't care about customers
Good steady job with great flexability
Warehouse Technician (Current Employee) –  Alta, WVNovember 11, 2016
Great people, good management, good pay and benefits. Need to understand the job and all the equipment that is needed to install at customers houses to know how to troubleshoot when needed.
Cannot wait to get a new job
None of your business (Current Employee) –  Bullhead City, AZSeptember 16, 2016
At first, Suddenlink was an amazing place to work. I was very excited to get on board with a company that promised "a great family oriented environment with overtime 'oportunities'." All our technicians work at least 10 hours daily but usually longer. The powerfully under staffed maintenance technicians are forced to start at 6 am and are not allowed to go until 7 or 8 at night assuming they have no pending outages. The policies, that are always changing, are a joke. Many of the newer policies implemented since altice took over are rediculous and only harm customers services. If you mention anything your met with uplifting comments such as, "your all replacable," or "it is what it is." I'll end my rant and conclude with this, if your young, single, and have no hobbies or personal life whatsoever. Then this is the job for you, if you don't fit in that category, then look some where else.
Pros
Coworkers, excluding management, are all awesome people to work with.
Cons
Read my review
Best job ever to the worst in less than a year.
Internet Support (Former Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVNovember 21, 2016
When I started working for Suddenlink, it was an excellent job. Even through the big storm that left hundreds of calls waiting constantly for months, it felt like the company cared for the employees.

This year, things went downhill rapidly, I was in an advanced department, and the department was basically stripped of everything that made it different from the position we were all promoted from. Further, they forced employees in another department to take calls that involved aspects of the service they had never been trained to handle, or given necessary program permissions, and took away the ability to transfer the call to us.

Also, they literally made it impossible to meet the ever changing metrics. As a result, the majority of the fantastic and talented employees are no longer employeed by the company.

I have no doubt a huge amount of customers have gone to another provider as well, since the company doesn't care about them at all.

The local management team is fantastic, but the people over them are uncaring and uninformed.
Pros
Free cable, good pay, vacation and sick time
Cons
Literally everything else
Great company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXOctober 19, 2016
Answer clients questions and troubleshoot the issues they were having with equipment. Sell them new products, which you had no control over completing. The management, senior agents, and upper echelon were fantastic to work with and for. Caring environment. Customers would need clarification on why the charges were added to bill. New customers were forwarded to sales thereby reducing your ability to meet your quota.
Cons
Selling the products and services out of my control and time factor company wanted adherence to
Decent job If you want no personal life
Direct Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Muskogee, OKSeptember 3, 2016
You work your butt off, rain.extreme heat shine sleet or snow, your phone never shuts up.. customers call u instead of support hotline, on holidays sundays they dont care.. also the sales you make are never good enough they want more and more, hours are more like 12 hours a day.. you have to work saturdays if u dont make ur installs
i did enjoy my co workers and all of the staff were friendly and very helpful. I really never had time for personal life. i was always to tired.
put a lot of miles on my car too! i did earn my sales experience tho! and now i can more on to bigger and better things.
Pros
free cable and internet
Cons
long hours, working in elements
Good job, lots of on the job learning.
Broadband Technician Level 5 (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXAugust 6, 2016
Good job, lots of skill advancement. Great opportunities for team and individual management. I learned a lot about telecommunication networks and how to trouble shoot from the MTC to the customer premise. Overall great job.
Pros
Good employers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Suddenlink Communications. Our community is ready to answer.

Suddenlink Communications Reviews by Location