Suddenlink Communications

Suddenlink Communications Employee Reviews in United States

this was a great place to work
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOAugust 25, 2016
i enjoyed welding at snorkel the manufacturing was a great department to work in would still be at this company if they did not lay off all of the manufacturing positions
Pros
work at own pace and work alone most of the time
Cons
really no cons enjoyed it
Great People
DIRECTOR SALES (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCAugust 24, 2016
Suddenlink had a lot of great people that it let go of as it changes ownership and structure. Much of the VP level group is out of touch with day to day operations which makes things a challenge.
Overall a great place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TxAugust 17, 2016
When I began at Suddenlink it was with high hopes and expectations. After a year and a half my expectations were a little more realistic. There were the same pitfalls and problems that seem to accompany any other job. The hours were long, the task repetitive, and there were rules and policies that seemed to work against the job that you were supposed to do. Having said that though it was still one of my favorite places I have ever worked. The people I worked with were amazing, the management seemed to genuinely care about your personal progress, scheduling time off was simple and easy, and the benefits were incredible.
Fantastic Work Enviornment
Broadband Technician (Former Employee) –  Paris, TXAugust 16, 2016
Suddenlink gave me all the tools required to perform my job functions and the management was always there to aid in difficult situations. My coworkers were easy to get along with and everyone was heard if there was an issue with any aspect of their work day.
Pros
dependable managemant, ever changing work conditions, rewarding
Cons
third party cable equipment
Up until recently it was a great pleace to work
Technical Service Representative (Current Employee) –  WVAugust 16, 2016
Up until the new take over the Suddenlink work life core values were reflected to the environment but now its really a hard place to work. The customers are all dissatisfied with the new transitions and they are not being clear to the customer on why there is a need for transition. Also they are getting rid of there season employees for new hires that are not trained properly its a really hard atmosphere to work in.
Pros
free internet and cable
Cons
overwhelming call volume
Excellent Learning Experience.
Direct Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Little Elm, TXAugust 15, 2016
Basically did door to door sales. was told that I was going to be able to work in my home area instead of driving 45 mins to do my route that hasn't happened. The workplace is very friendly my coworkers are very helpful when I have called on them and my manager is very knowledgeable and helpful just not the right job for me.
Productive and fun, very team and family oriented
Supervisor - Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXAugust 15, 2016
The most enjoyable part of my job is coaching and developing new hires in the beginning stages of their Suddenlink career.
Pros
Sales
Cons
Healthcare
productive and fun workplace
Customer Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXAugust 15, 2016
The employees are great to work with and make this experience very enjoyable. They have great employees that train you on everything and do what they can to make sure you succeed within their company.
Pros
great co worker
Cons
pay
Positive work environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCAugust 15, 2016
Positive work environment. Productive work place. Management is always willing to help, Co-workers are easy to work with.
Overtime is ridiculous
Broadband Technician (Current Employee) –  Bullhead City, AZAugust 10, 2016
Suddenlink says their motto is "Family first." This is just not the case. When hired they say that there is a little overtime every once in a while. Try NO time with your family at 25-40 hours of mandatory overtime a week. Management does not care that technicians do not get home until almost 9pm or later every night (while management is home at 5). While the paychecks are nice, it just doesn't justify them working us to death.....then in the weekly meetings we are told we aren't doing enough.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
They work you to death and don't care about the employee
Okay for a short time employment
EPOCH Well Head Services, Roosevelt, UT (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXAugust 8, 2016
Was hired as tech support but the management was more into sales and not helping the customers with daily issues of quality communications, internet, and cable.
Account Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXAugust 8, 2016
Management as a whole was wonderful to work with and for. The company encourage the employees to further their education. They will work with the school schedule to ensure the employee will succeed.
Good job, lots of on the job learning.
Broadband Technician Level 5 (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXAugust 6, 2016
Good job, lots of skill advancement. Great opportunities for team and individual management. I learned a lot about telecommunication networks and how to trouble shoot from the MTC to the customer premise. Overall great job.
Pros
Good employers
Fast paced, fun company
DIGITAL & TV ADVERTISING SALES COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXJuly 29, 2016
Busy and deadline driven. Learn about new methods for delivering targeted advertising.

Build custom ad schedules to deliver video messages on tv and the Internet.
Pros
Free cable and internet
Cons
low wages
A challenging and rewarding fast paced sales experience
Residential Customer Consultant/Direct Sales Rep I (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCJuly 27, 2016
This job will test your internal fortitude. You are thrust into the field with little to no training and required to sell cable/internet to unsuspecting customers via door to door sales. The job is primarily commissioned based. It is in essence a truly cutthroat, sink or swim environment, full of fun and excitement for the thrill seeker.
Sell, sell, sell!
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJuly 26, 2016
Haven't worked there in quite a while, but when I was there, as a TECH SUPPORT representative, it was all about up-selling. I'm not a salesman, I fix things. The pay and benefits were nice, but I don't think I could do a call center job again.
Pros
Decent pay/benefits/perks.
Cons
Call center is soul-crushing.
All work and no appreciation
Dispatch Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXJuly 19, 2016
Way over worked and advancement is only given to the people that complain they will threaten to call HR or most importantly contact the SVP. Those same people get the raises and promotions.

The normal day is always hectic i had to get routes out each morning so the field service tech had a route ready 8:00am.

I had more executive rolls of learning all new products and procedures an then train my team, I had to do all the coaching and compliments.

The most difficult part of the job was firing people. On the other hand I love to continually business of the day, working with people from all over the company I was a go to person for many people in many departments.
Pros
friendships and the feeling of accomplishment
Cons
fored overtime, and all new jobs was all put on dispatch when they were the busiest department in the local office.
Customer Service Rep with excellent people skills and salesperson
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVJuly 17, 2016
My typical day at work is that I talk to customers around the US to give them the best customer experience that I can.
I set them up with services that best fit their needs
In my 9 years as a customer service rep, the biggest thing I have learned is to listen. Listen to what the customer wants and needs.
I have great respect for my co-workers because what we do is not an easy task to do all day every day.
The hardest part of my job is trying to calm a disgruntled customer.
The most enjoyable part of my job is that I get to help customers on an hourly basis. I consider myself a people person. I love being able to get the customer what they want in a timely manner.
Pros
health benefits and 401K
Cons
not being able to have much mobility.
Went From good to bad !!!!!
CCR 3 TEchnical Rep (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaJuly 16, 2016
The only reason why I rated ONE star is bc before "ALTICE USA" took over , this was an awesome work environment ! Hakiim has completely decreased earned Incitives for employers , he's increased customers bills making it so much hard to keep customer satisfaction as well as hitting monthly quotas as a employer ! Constantly changing policies with the lack of little to NO training. He's all about a coin !!!!!!!! NO MORE EMPLOYEE REGCONITION ... It's a complete disaster . Walking into a work environment literally not knowing when your last day will be . It's unfornate that my team has been laid all with very little severance !! This is a company that I will no longer recommend for future employment , bc just as fast as he purchased Suddenlink he will loose it . The customer service has went completely down the drain .... His business ethic will not make it here in the USA ..
Pros
before ALTICE
Cons
after ALTICE
Facilities Coordinator II (Current Employee) –  Scott Depot, WVJuly 12, 2016
We have just recently been purchased by a company from France so my experience with the new company, Altice is very limited. It seems like it will be nice to work for them but the pay is not good.

Suddenlink Communications Reviews by Location