Suddenlink Communications Employee Reviews

Tech Op.Dept.Dispatcher II (Former Employee) –  Bryan, TXSeptember 21, 2017
I loved my time at Suddenlink and, only wish there was one in my area or that I could move back eventually to work for them again in the future. Great place to work. Free Services for employees all channels discounts on PPV (Fights etc)
Pros
Free Cable and, Internet Services great Health benefits
Cons
Realy I had none to be honest I loved my job and, my co workers.
overall good place to work
Customer Retention Specialist II / Floor Lead (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXSeptember 20, 2017
overall good place to work, great benefits, time off is easy to get, great supervisors for the most part. would suggest this company for a good starting out job.
Job Review
Matt Rivera, Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXSeptember 20, 2017
I worked at Suddenlink for 8 years they have provided me and my Family great benefits. I am being let go due to cut backs and out of my hands. I was getting paid well and I will miss this place of employment.
stressful place to work
Retail Sales Agent IV (Former Employee) –  Bastrop, LASeptember 20, 2017
suddenlink is a very busy place to work. They expect you to make goal and achieve those goals. But no matter how many goals you achieve they are always expecting more.
Pros
good working hours.
Very fun but also sometimes stressful but a great placd to work
Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXSeptember 19, 2017
Working here was great you handled calls for tech issues and helped customers with their issues with their services or walked them through billing inquiries or issues. At times customers could be difficult to work with but you just had to be patient and calm with dealing with them. Management was amazing I always had great supervisors and they are always working with you to make you a better agent and helped you in any way that they could.
Pros
Sick time, vacations, medical, dental and, vision benefits and 401k
Cons
Stressful, fast paced
Overall pay rate and benifits
Residental Sales (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXSeptember 18, 2017
A typical day at work starts normal until after clocking in and learning instead of a hour lunch break it only 30 minutes. Mandatory overtime only a days warning no time to reschedule doctors appointments or child care.
Pros
benifits
Cons
short lunches
had fun working here plenty of room for advancement
Broadband Technician IV (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXSeptember 18, 2017
lots of room for advancement if you are ambitious. company truck provided and company cell phone also. benefits and paid time off. federal holidays off also
Work Ethic and Prorities
Front Counter Sales (Current Employee) –  Lewisburg, WVSeptember 18, 2017
Worked with technicians and supervisors correcting customers problems with services, working with several different types of programs to complete job duties. I like the fast pace and learning new things. The most enjoyable part of my jobs is the satisfaction of correcting peoples service issues and be able to help fellow co- workers do their jobs, team work. Never dull, always something to work on and take care of. Completing bank deposits.
CO-workers like family
MDU Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXSeptember 16, 2017
Love my manager, and the people I worked with are like my 2nd family. I spent Mon-Fri with them so we know each other very well and we celebrated one another
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Lack of communication
Fast Paced and enjoyable work
Technical Support/Dispatch (Former Employee) –  Lake Havasu City, AZSeptember 13, 2017
Loved working for the company, lots of great benefits and discounts. Love the overtime available and enjoyable place to work. Con would be new company taking over and changing structure of entire company.
Used to be a great place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXSeptember 13, 2017
Since being bought out by Altice, corporate micro-management has made Suddenlink an intolerable work envirinment. Local leadership has zero authority to run the call center and the individual teams in a productive manner. Everything has become based on trackable stats. Customer service is no longer the top concern. Your only job is to take the call, offer a sale, and get off the phone as fast as possible.
Pros
Free cable for now
Cons
Everything else
Fast paced company.
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXSeptember 11, 2017
Take incoming calls helping customers with services. Upsell new services to existing customers. Help fix problems with customers equipment and make sure I provided the best customer experience and service to the companies standards.
Management is Horrible
Communications Technician II (Former Employee) –  Daingerfield, TXSeptember 10, 2017
To much of buddy system. Expected to preform work out of pay grade and will not hire additional help. Poor customer service, never Fixing anything just band aids. Could be how high quality Place to work if it was not for the lack of job security from company always getting sold and employee forced to lie to customers
Benefits
Encouraging and dependable
Customer Care Representative II (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXSeptember 5, 2017
During my time working at Suddenlink Communications I encountered only the most positive and encouraging leadership I had ever received. There were multiple times where supervisors would check in to see how their team members were doing, while holding weekly/bi weekly meetings, one on one and as a team to review progress and the overall well being of the team and department. Career advancement was definitely available for those who wished to pursue it, and would be my go to choice for job recommendations to friends or family.
Pros
Technical training, advancement, discounts/benefits
Cons
Occasional mandatory overtime
Face Paced
Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVSeptember 2, 2017
I made GREAT money working for Suddenlink, I was there for 11 years and it became more like a little work family once I was advance to the sales department. I STILL keep in contact with coworkers from that department!
Great Company
Sales (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXSeptember 1, 2017
Awesome place to work. Very innovative and cutting edge technology. Progressive culture and advancement opportunities. When the company was purchased by Altice in 2016 we lost some of the small company values.
High Paced job with a pool table and ping pong table, and a small gym
Tech Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TX 75701August 31, 2017
Just as I started working there, I never knew what it would be like doing tech support. it was definitely interesting knowing what it's like on the other side of the phone. I truly now have a deep respect for people who work in call centers or for customer service. you bend over backwards for some customers or you won't be able to get a tech out as soon as they want and they just treat you like your subhuman. Now don't get me wrong, most calls are not like that but every once in a while, you will get the call that will ruin your day but once that call is done, you have to pick up the next call like it's your first. the schedule they may start you at won't be the one you want but you will be able to get a schedule that will work for you. the free cable, internet and HBO is awesome but I'm used to labor work and need to be on my feet.
Pros
Free everything that cable and internet has to offer. health benefits start immediately when hired
Cons
West Virginia and Arizona
Great place to work.
Feild Technician (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXAugust 31, 2017
The job was very good. Great benefits and paid time off. The management team was good and they for the most part would do what they could to make you work experience as good as possible
Cynthia Sanchez
Collections Specialist III (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXAugust 30, 2017
The typical work day is busy. There's always work to be done. The atmosphere varies from department to department. Great company over all. Very concerned with employess.
love this company
Sales/Retention/Collections (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXAugust 30, 2017
i really like working at suddenlink i was a very good company to work for i transferred from sales to retention and i love working in that department it was fun and fast paced place to work

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Suddenlink Communications. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval