Suddenlink Communications Employee Reviews

Good room for growth
TECHNICAL SUPPORT/SALES (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXDecember 28, 2016
When I worked for Suddenlink Communications, I was eager about my future with the company. There was potential for growth within the company. My only reason for leaving was due to personal life conflict and the company was in the process of being sold to Altice - an overseas company. I didn't know how that looked for my job position as a Tech Support agent, so I found another job before that played out. I have friends still working at Suddenlink Communications, and others who have went back after it being sold. Seems to still be an excellent company to work for with great benefits and room for growth - if you can handle the call center life.
Pros
Room for growth/advancement, decent pay, good insurance, flexible schedule dependent on manager
Cons
Point system for absences
Employees at Suddenlink communications and upper management are eager to help with advice when needed.
Broadband Technician II (Current Employee) –  Shrewsbury, WVDecember 27, 2016
Had minor disagreement with supervisors that I can explain upon interview of selected. Great work environment, just the way the upper management has some things to straighten out and get fixed, Other than that I enjoy the learning experience and employees and working there.
Pros
Company truck to drive home after work and gas card with truck. Good benefits and PTO
Cons
Could take 15 minute breaks every 2 hours, Always getting work added on by dispatch team, after scheduled working hours, which is understandable, by but it seems like it's an everyday thing, that's no problem I don't mind some over time, but sometimes I like to spend some time with the family.
All work and no appreciation
Dispatch Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXJuly 19, 2016
Way over worked and advancement is only given to the people that complain they will threaten to call HR or most importantly contact the SVP. Those same people get the raises and promotions.

The normal day is always hectic i had to get routes out each morning so the field service tech had a route ready 8:00am.

I had more executive rolls of learning all new products and procedures an then train my team, I had to do all the coaching and compliments.

The most difficult part of the job was firing people. On the other hand I love to continually business of the day, working with people from all over the company I was a go to person for many people in many departments.
Pros
friendships and the feeling of accomplishment
Cons
fored overtime, and all new jobs was all put on dispatch when they were the busiest department in the local office.
Unperdictable
CSR - Tier (Former Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVOctober 21, 2016
I worked in the call center in West Virginia. My direct supervisors and the Team out on the floor were awsome! The always tried to help you understand your goals and tried coaching you to get the most out of the position you were in. The pay was good and the vacation and sick time was nice. On the down side the metrics constantly changed and there was a disconnect from upper to lower management often. This could lead to confusion on protocols or poor reviews on score cards for the month due to these changes. Since leaving this company I have heard that this has gotten worse due to the new ownership group.
Pros
Pay and Benefits
Cons
Constantly changing protocols
suddenlink
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJune 21, 2016
I was appreciated and valued due to my expertise in revenue building, customer service, and sales expertise. I loved been able to help people while also working for a company that i was proud of. The team building and also moral within the facility was always top priority and i loved every part of my job. management spend a great deal of time and effort to make sure that they were able to perfect and develop our skills while making sure that we were given the tools to do our absolute in meeting personal stats and goals. Me personally I looked at is as a challenge to exceed the goals that were set into place for me.
Pros
salary capabilitys
Great Pay and Benefits
Customer Service Representative, Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MO 64506January 16, 2017
It was a stressful atmosphere working in a call center with unhappy customers. The coworkers and management did their best to make it enjoyable with workplace activities and rewards. Good starting pay for a low requirement job. Great benefits of free cable/internet
Pros
Pay, Benefits
Cons
Stressful environment, required overtime
Good people, bad management
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKJanuary 18, 2017
Group think is the rule of the day here. Nobody wants to make decisions for fear of losing their job. The workers try hard, but they are handicapped by the poor management. This is not a rewarding place to work. Since being purchased by a foreign owner, this company has gone downhill rapidly. It probably won't exist in 5 years.
Pros
good coworkers
Cons
bad job security
Sales (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXDecember 28, 2016
I loved working here, and I want to go back.

I left the first time due to attendance I had a lot going on at the time and I think the attendance policy wasn't the easiest to work with especially how I started out but I think I would have a good hang of it this time now that I fully understand it.
Pros
management, coworkers, pay, benefits.
Cons
management, attendance.
Overall a great place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TxAugust 17, 2016
When I began at Suddenlink it was with high hopes and expectations. After a year and a half my expectations were a little more realistic. There were the same pitfalls and problems that seem to accompany any other job. The hours were long, the task repetitive, and there were rules and policies that seemed to work against the job that you were supposed to do. Having said that though it was still one of my favorite places I have ever worked. The people I worked with were amazing, the management seemed to genuinely care about your personal progress, scheduling time off was simple and easy, and the benefits were incredible.
Very competitive and fun place.
customer service representative II (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXNovember 16, 2016
There were many reasons why this was a great place to work. Not only did they have excellent benefits, they also had other perks, such as commission. The job offered many other incentives as well, such as games, prizes, lunches, bonuses, and many more. The management was excellent. You take courses to help better your skills every month.
Great benefits, terrible pay, zero management
Tech billing call agent (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXJanuary 30, 2017
The good: Benefits are the best I've ever had at any company. Medical, dental, vision, life insurance, tons of paid holidays, a gym at the call center, all the free coffee you can drink, free internet and cable with all the channels, steady schedule, and that's where the good ends.

The bad: Pay is terrible, as a tech call agent you're always getting yelled at about the bill going up or services not working(definitely need thick skin here) you can earn commission selling things but the commission structure is terrible and doesn't make up for the low pay. There is zero management or accountability. Basically don't cuss at the customer and show up and you wont get fired. Other employees know this and tell the customer whatever they want to hear so they either get the sale or stop comlaining. Supervisors mostly refuse to get on the phone with a customer that wants to talk to them because they know they're going to get yelled at. Only company I've ever called into where its taken 20 minutes to speak with a supervisor when you ask for one. Also the company takes advantage of the customers, and it's funny how they only provide service in small towns and where no one else is, and they just charge the customer whatever they want prices always going up. Training is terrible too you learn more on the floor than the 4 weeks of training. It is a 24-7 call center so you will work holidays and might get stuck with a bad schedule for 3 months.

If you have a spouse that's a bread winner, and you need insurance for the family this place is great. If it's you trying to survive on your own,
  more... you can't do it here.  less
Pros
see above
Cons
see above
The most challenging job in my career so far.
Sr. Field Services Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Truckee, CAJanuary 16, 2017
A typical day starts with making adjustments to the work schedule based on the number of jobs scheduled and how many technicians are available. Most days the workload exceeds the capacity of the available technicians to complete the scheduled work within the given time frames.So adjustments are made and we do our best to take care of our customers and exceed their expectations. It is a very dynamic work environment. I have learned to make the best decisions I can and support the technicians and the work is usually completed on time and to the customers satisfaction.
My co-workers are a very professional and dedicated group and their support is outstanding. I couldn't do this job without them. This includes the management team. They are very supportive and helpful. The hardest part of the job is not being able to complete as much work each day as I would like to. the most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the employees learn and advance their positions, and also getting positive feedback from customers who are happy with the service and the employees.
I have learned more about myself in this job than, any other job I've ever had my life. A challenging and rewarding experience.
Pros
Good pay and benifits. Good vehicles to drive.
Cons
Harsh weather conditions. Old, system in need of repair. The office is too small.
Good place to work, good benefits
Broadband Technician III (Current Employee) –  San Angelo, TXFebruary 15, 2017
Suddenlink does a great job educating employees on broadband work, and the pay isn't half bad. However, it is easy to peak and not have the chance to promote anymore.
Pros
moderate to little supervision, great benefits
Cons
long hours, no set schedule
Account services
Account Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXNovember 7, 2016
Working at Suddenlink is stressful because you are dealing with customers who are generally mad and upset because they say they can't afford the services. Which I completely understand. A customer needs to be allowed to vent and release some frustration.
But for me the hardest part, is when elderly people can barely afford the basic we have and I have to tell them I'm sorry. There is nothing I can do to help you.
The best thing is when someone seems mad and frustrated, that I can say or do something that turns them around. And they say I've made their day, whether I was able to fix their account or just make them smile.
The co-workers I've come to know are wonderful people. Strangely enough being in a 24/7 call center, sometimes hard to meet a lot of people.
Since the buy out to Altice the management has been undergoing a restructure of departments.
Pros
Occasional free lunch coupons, when we have a cookout
Cons
Not many oppourtunities to advance
Great services
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVFebruary 8, 2017
Offers really good services,, allowing the CSR being treated like there no bodies, Changing proticall every day,,unfair treatment of employess. They do offer great benefits but not worth the treatment
Pros
Benifits
love the job and people
Technical support representative (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXDecember 14, 2016
its a call center. the job is the same. answer phones but its the management and people that make it worth working at. free services also! big plus that we get free cable and internet and phone is only 10 or so. I love it.
benefits
Cons
shifts
Not good anymore
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJuly 2, 2016
Before Suddenlink was purchased by Altice it was an amazing place to work. Great people, pay, benefits no complaints at all!

Fast forward a few months the 7 core values no longer mean anything. Employees are given little to no warning of mandaory overtime. Commissiom will randomly drop after the commission cycle has closed. They have created a culture of fear & deception. Never know if today will be the day we get told we no longer have job. Customer service has went out the window all the new owners care about is money. They will squeeze every penny they can out of the customers and pay the employees as little as possible.
Pros
Free cable/internet
Cons
New owners and everything they brought with them
Good company
Broadband Technician III (Former Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVNovember 22, 2016
Good benefits. Management was always receptive of constructive criticism if you had a way you thought things could run smoother or save the company some extra money in the long run.
Pros
Good benefits.
Cons
Lower end of spectrum for pay
Productive work place
Broadband Technician (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXFebruary 17, 2017
Work included disconnecting accounts that didn't pay, installing new services, or fixing existing services. The work was decent, the management was great, and so were the benefits.
Nice place to work with a lot of nice people
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCOctober 23, 2016
My typical day at suddenlink consisted of me showing up at my first customer's house at 8:00 am asking the customer how can be of an assistance today. I learned a lot from working at suddenlink starting with installing, troubleshooting, cable, internet, phone, and home security but most of all I learned how to do customer service. Management at Suddenlink Communications was an experience for me because the supervisors there treated you like family and not just another person working for the company. The hardest part of my job at the time was when I could not figure what was going on with the customer's equipment. The most enjoyable part of the job was satisfying my customer' and knowing that they were educated on the service and knowing that they could call me personally if they had any problems.
Pros
Always kept us on edge on what the weekly meeting.
Cons
Not knowing what the customer problem is

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Suddenlink Communications. Our community is ready to answer.

69%