Suddenlink Communications

Suddenlink Communications Employee Reviews

Good room for growth
TECHNICAL SUPPORT/SALES (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXDecember 28, 2016
When I worked for Suddenlink Communications, I was eager about my future with the company. There was potential for growth within the company. My only reason for leaving was due to personal life conflict and the company was in the process of being sold to Altice - an overseas company. I didn't know how that looked for my job position as a Tech Support agent, so I found another job before that played out. I have friends still working at Suddenlink Communications, and others who have went back after it being sold. Seems to still be an excellent company to work for with great benefits and room for growth - if you can handle the call center life.
Pros
Room for growth/advancement, decent pay, good insurance, flexible schedule dependent on manager
Cons
Point system for absences
Employees at Suddenlink communications and upper management are eager to help with advice when needed.
Broadband Technician II (Current Employee) –  Shrewsbury, WVDecember 27, 2016
Had minor disagreement with supervisors that I can explain upon interview of selected. Great work environment, just the way the upper management has some things to straighten out and get fixed, Other than that I enjoy the learning experience and employees and working there.
Pros
Company truck to drive home after work and gas card with truck. Good benefits and PTO
Cons
Could take 15 minute breaks every 2 hours, Always getting work added on by dispatch team, after scheduled working hours, which is understandable, by but it seems like it's an everyday thing, that's no problem I don't mind some over time, but sometimes I like to spend some time with the family.
Unperdictable
CSR - Tier (Former Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVOctober 21, 2016
I worked in the call center in West Virginia. My direct supervisors and the Team out on the floor were awsome! The always tried to help you understand your goals and tried coaching you to get the most out of the position you were in. The pay was good and the vacation and sick time was nice. On the down side the metrics constantly changed and there was a disconnect from upper to lower management often. This could lead to confusion on protocols or poor reviews on score cards for the month due to these changes. Since leaving this company I have heard that this has gotten worse due to the new ownership group.
Pros
Pay and Benefits
Cons
Constantly changing protocols
All work and no appreciation
Dispatch Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXJuly 19, 2016
Way over worked and advancement is only given to the people that complain they will threaten to call HR or most importantly contact the SVP. Those same people get the raises and promotions.

The normal day is always hectic i had to get routes out each morning so the field service tech had a route ready 8:00am.

I had more executive rolls of learning all new products and procedures an then train my team, I had to do all the coaching and compliments.

The most difficult part of the job was firing people. On the other hand I love to continually business of the day, working with people from all over the company I was a go to person for many people in many departments.
Pros
friendships and the feeling of accomplishment
Cons
fored overtime, and all new jobs was all put on dispatch when they were the busiest department in the local office.
Overall a great place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TxAugust 17, 2016
When I began at Suddenlink it was with high hopes and expectations. After a year and a half my expectations were a little more realistic. There were the same pitfalls and problems that seem to accompany any other job. The hours were long, the task repetitive, and there were rules and policies that seemed to work against the job that you were supposed to do. Having said that though it was still one of my favorite places I have ever worked. The people I worked with were amazing, the management seemed to genuinely care about your personal progress, scheduling time off was simple and easy, and the benefits were incredible.
Great Pay and Benefits
Customer Service Representative, Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MO 64506January 16, 2017
It was a stressful atmosphere working in a call center with unhappy customers. The coworkers and management did their best to make it enjoyable with workplace activities and rewards. Good starting pay for a low requirement job. Great benefits of free cable/internet
Pros
Pay, Benefits
Cons
Stressful environment, required overtime
Very competitive and fun place.
customer service representative II (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXNovember 16, 2016
There were many reasons why this was a great place to work. Not only did they have excellent benefits, they also had other perks, such as commission. The job offered many other incentives as well, such as games, prizes, lunches, bonuses, and many more. The management was excellent. You take courses to help better your skills every month.
suddenlink
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJune 21, 2016
I was appreciated and valued due to my expertise in revenue building, customer service, and sales expertise. I loved been able to help people while also working for a company that i was proud of. The team building and also moral within the facility was always top priority and i loved every part of my job. management spend a great deal of time and effort to make sure that they were able to perfect and develop our skills while making sure that we were given the tools to do our absolute in meeting personal stats and goals. Me personally I looked at is as a challenge to exceed the goals that were set into place for me.
Pros
salary capabilitys
Sales (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXDecember 28, 2016
I loved working here, and I want to go back.

I left the first time due to attendance I had a lot going on at the time and I think the attendance policy wasn't the easiest to work with especially how I started out but I think I would have a good hang of it this time now that I fully understand it.
Pros
management, coworkers, pay, benefits.
Cons
management, attendance.
Fun and Friendly place to work
CSR-Saves (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXDecember 13, 2016
This job has so many wonderful benefits as well as pay and opportunity to expand and grow within the company. They appreciate their employees and do a wonderful job showing their appreciation towards them by being involved to help the employee improve on certain skills as well as offering many rewards for the employees.
Pros
healthcare, lunches were paid by the company when working overtime
Customer Service Rep with excellent people skills and salesperson
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVJuly 17, 2016
My typical day at work is that I talk to customers around the US to give them the best customer experience that I can.
I set them up with services that best fit their needs
In my 9 years as a customer service rep, the biggest thing I have learned is to listen. Listen to what the customer wants and needs.
I have great respect for my co-workers because what we do is not an easy task to do all day every day.
The hardest part of my job is trying to calm a disgruntled customer.
The most enjoyable part of my job is that I get to help customers on an hourly basis. I consider myself a people person. I love being able to get the customer what they want in a timely manner.
Pros
health benefits and 401K
Cons
not being able to have much mobility.
Not good anymore
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJuly 2, 2016
Before Suddenlink was purchased by Altice it was an amazing place to work. Great people, pay, benefits no complaints at all!

Fast forward a few months the 7 core values no longer mean anything. Employees are given little to no warning of mandaory overtime. Commissiom will randomly drop after the commission cycle has closed. They have created a culture of fear & deception. Never know if today will be the day we get told we no longer have job. Customer service has went out the window all the new owners care about is money. They will squeeze every penny they can out of the customers and pay the employees as little as possible.
Pros
Free cable/internet
Cons
New owners and everything they brought with them
The most challenging job in my career so far.
Sr. Field Services Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Truckee, CAJanuary 16, 2017
A typical day starts with making adjustments to the work schedule based on the number of jobs scheduled and how many technicians are available. Most days the workload exceeds the capacity of the available technicians to complete the scheduled work within the given time frames.So adjustments are made and we do our best to take care of our customers and exceed their expectations. It is a very dynamic work environment. I have learned to make the best decisions I can and support the technicians and the work is usually completed on time and to the customers satisfaction.
My co-workers are a very professional and dedicated group and their support is outstanding. I couldn't do this job without them. This includes the management team. They are very supportive and helpful. The hardest part of the job is not being able to complete as much work each day as I would like to. the most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the employees learn and advance their positions, and also getting positive feedback from customers who are happy with the service and the employees.
I have learned more about myself in this job than, any other job I've ever had my life. A challenging and rewarding experience.
Pros
Good pay and benifits. Good vehicles to drive.
Cons
Harsh weather conditions. Old, system in need of repair. The office is too small.
love the job and people
Technical support representative (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXDecember 14, 2016
its a call center. the job is the same. answer phones but its the management and people that make it worth working at. free services also! big plus that we get free cable and internet and phone is only 10 or so. I love it.
benefits
Cons
shifts
Good company
Broadband Technician III (Former Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVNovember 22, 2016
Good benefits. Management was always receptive of constructive criticism if you had a way you thought things could run smoother or save the company some extra money in the long run.
Pros
Good benefits.
Cons
Lower end of spectrum for pay
Good steady job with great flexability
Warehouse Technician (Current Employee) –  Alta, WVNovember 11, 2016
Great people, good management, good pay and benefits. Need to understand the job and all the equipment that is needed to install at customers houses to know how to troubleshoot when needed.
Summary
INDEPENDENT SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAJanuary 6, 2017
Fun place to work. Great people surrounding you and pay that can bring home the bacon. It is enjoyable to bring home a nice paycheck after trying couple of weeks.
Pros
Great abliliy to make a good pay check and decent benefits.
Cons
Depends on to many uncontrolable variables.
BBT ( Broadband Technician) (Former Employee) –  Bossier City, LAJanuary 13, 2017
its a great job if you not lazy and you like to work with your hands. I enjoyed my time working there and the benefits of work there. I liked meeting new people every day and going new places.
Pros
everything
Cons
going into dirty houses
Regional Sales Manager-Central Louisiana (Current Employee) –  Central LouisianaJanuary 6, 2017
Love working with this company, but want to move back to my home in Middle, TN I have responsibility for media and digital sales for Central LA & Mid Mississippi.
Pros
great work environment
Cons
compensation plan
Great for benefits and pay. Helpful co-workers
Broadband Technician (Former Employee) –  Pineville, LAMay 29, 2016
A typical day at work is one that will instill pride in an employee. I learned how to collect and utilize data to properly install or repair an issue with service.Also how to utilize basic and advanced tools such as meters, ladder, climbing gaffs, basic hand tools, and provided equipment for phone, internet, and cable TV.Co- workers were helpfull in educating me and assisting me when help was needed.The hardest part of the job was fitting in tight spots in attics and sometimes technical issues with equipment.The best part of the job is that the knowledge you have is to be appreciated because its not a job anyone can do. And the pride one gains at the end of each day knowing that you have helped make a customers experience satisfying.
Pros
Useful knowledge, rewarding financially, benefits, and take home vehicle.
Cons
Being held responsible for accidents you are not at fault for, Being rushed to make better time rather than doing the job correctly on occasion

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Suddenlink Communications. Our community is ready to answer.