Suddenlink Communications

Suddenlink Communications Employee Reviews

Good Job, family atmosphere
Cable Technician (Current Employee) –  Trenton, MOJanuary 11, 2017
Have worked here for almost seven years now. Have learned a lot and get along with all co workers. It is a job that had be working in all types of weather environments from blazing hot, to freezing cold. I work aloft, or under houses, dealing with computers, phones, coax installation, mainline work, constant communication with the public, and much more.
Pros
free cable, data, cell phone, and company vehicle
Cons
not compensated for the work done, poor commision
Employees at Suddenlink communications and upper management are eager to help with advice when needed.
Broadband Technician II (Current Employee) –  Shrewsbury, WVDecember 27, 2016
Had minor disagreement with supervisors that I can explain upon interview of selected. Great work environment, just the way the upper management has some things to straighten out and get fixed, Other than that I enjoy the learning experience and employees and working there.
Pros
Company truck to drive home after work and gas card with truck. Good benefits and PTO
Cons
Could take 15 minute breaks every 2 hours, Always getting work added on by dispatch team, after scheduled working hours, which is understandable, by but it seems like it's an everyday thing, that's no problem I don't mind some over time, but sometimes I like to spend some time with the family.
Good room for growth
TECHNICAL SUPPORT/SALES (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXDecember 28, 2016
When I worked for Suddenlink Communications, I was eager about my future with the company. There was potential for growth within the company. My only reason for leaving was due to personal life conflict and the company was in the process of being sold to Altice - an overseas company. I didn't know how that looked for my job position as a Tech Support agent, so I found another job before that played out. I have friends still working at Suddenlink Communications, and others who have went back after it being sold. Seems to still be an excellent company to work for with great benefits and room for growth - if you can handle the call center life.
Pros
Room for growth/advancement, decent pay, good insurance, flexible schedule dependent on manager
Cons
Point system for absences
Fun and Friendly place to work
CSR-Saves (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXDecember 13, 2016
This job has so many wonderful benefits as well as pay and opportunity to expand and grow within the company. They appreciate their employees and do a wonderful job showing their appreciation towards them by being involved to help the employee improve on certain skills as well as offering many rewards for the employees.
Pros
healthcare, lunches were paid by the company when working overtime
Loved my co-workers. They made my job more fun
Technician (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXNovember 2, 2016
I had my own company vehicle to bring home every day which was very different from any other job I had. So basically it was an added bonus to my job. I also enjoyed , again, going to different customers houses and business to help them fix and get working any problems they had with their equipment.
Pros
The freedom of being out and about to work for different customers.
Cons
Not very many cons to this company. Actually enjoyed every aspect of this company.
the
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Lake Havasu City, AZDecember 5, 2016
I worked there for 3 months. Everyone i worked with was very kind. I did not like how they did not have a connection with the employees though. Sitting and having someone yell at me all day was not my ideal job either. In training I was told over and over again how stupid the customers are which is sad considering they are the ones paying for our services. Overall I have mixed emotions about working their.
Great Pay and Benefits
Customer Service Representative, Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MO 64506January 16, 2017
It was a stressful atmosphere working in a call center with unhappy customers. The coworkers and management did their best to make it enjoyable with workplace activities and rewards. Good starting pay for a low requirement job. Great benefits of free cable/internet
Pros
Pay, Benefits
Cons
Stressful environment, required overtime
Unperdictable
CSR - Tier (Former Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVOctober 21, 2016
I worked in the call center in West Virginia. My direct supervisors and the Team out on the floor were awsome! The always tried to help you understand your goals and tried coaching you to get the most out of the position you were in. The pay was good and the vacation and sick time was nice. On the down side the metrics constantly changed and there was a disconnect from upper to lower management often. This could lead to confusion on protocols or poor reviews on score cards for the month due to these changes. Since leaving this company I have heard that this has gotten worse due to the new ownership group.
Pros
Pay and Benefits
Cons
Constantly changing protocols
All arpund good place
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Tyler txOctober 20, 2016
I loved working fpr thwm just had alot of outside life going on that interfeared as well as the employees that were above felt the way speak was a problem and due to me not being up to par like that wanted me to i felt it was to stressful to keep my hardest to make them happy as well i felt a little discriminated against due to how i speak if the customer can understand me clearly why should a computer judge me an tell me im not doing my job it was confusing an stressful
Fun and productive enviroment
Intake and Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXOctober 19, 2016
I was a dispatcher for the local cable company, dispatching jobs to the field technicians.

Helping technicians to make sure that the equipment was added to the account.

Management was great to work with and direct manager was awesome. She was always willing to help and worked will with her crew.

Co-workers were great always willing to help one another.
Pros
pros having a great work enviroment and getting discount on cable
Cons
working weekends
Great company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXOctober 19, 2016
Answer clients questions and troubleshoot the issues they were having with equipment. Sell them new products, which you had no control over completing. The management, senior agents, and upper echelon were fantastic to work with and for. Caring environment. Customers would need clarification on why the charges were added to bill. New customers were forwarded to sales thereby reducing your ability to meet your quota.
Cons
Selling the products and services out of my control and time factor company wanted adherence to
Always has great food
TECHNICAL SUPPORT/BILLING (Former Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVOctober 17, 2016
Suddenlink has not held up to the promises of advancement. The atmosphere is friendly, and they try their best to keep the employees happy when it comes to game days, food days, etc... But they are always changing policies, but don't always inform the employees.. leaving us in the dark. Which in turn make the customers feel poorly about the customer service they received.
Pros
good pay for area
Cons
unsure about job stability due to recent layoffs
Good people, bad management
Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, OKJanuary 18, 2017
Group think is the rule of the day here. Nobody wants to make decisions for fear of losing their job. The workers try hard, but they are handicapped by the poor management. This is not a rewarding place to work. Since being purchased by a foreign owner, this company has gone downhill rapidly. It probably won't exist in 5 years.
Pros
good coworkers
Cons
bad job security
Decent Place of Work
Customer Service Rep/ Door to Door Salesman (Former Employee) –  El Dorado, AROctober 17, 2016
I enjoyed my time with this company. They send you off to get trained at one of their "Schools" and make sure you can provide all that's needed for your day to day operations. I will say I never felt like I had a good chance to move up. One example is I was told I met all my goals to advance to the next tier of my position, just to have it denied because my supervisor was incorrect with her information as to what I needed to do.
Pros
Free Use of Services (with in service area, some restrictions), comfortable work environment, great training
Cons
Unclear way to advance at position
Productive and fun workplace
Sr. Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 14, 2016
Suddenlink is a very laid back company. I learned that work could also be fun. The manager was wonderful and so were my co-workers. The hardest part of my job was learning to do excel uploads. How well everyone worked together,
Pros
food days and company gifts such as jackets, etc.and Xmas time in the office
Cons
Some long work days at month end and 1099 time.
Very competitive and fun place.
customer service representative II (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXNovember 16, 2016
There were many reasons why this was a great place to work. Not only did they have excellent benefits, they also had other perks, such as commission. The job offered many other incentives as well, such as games, prizes, lunches, bonuses, and many more. The management was excellent. You take courses to help better your skills every month.
Local Branch
Tech Support Rep (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCNovember 1, 2016
The local branch that I worked for was a wonderful place to work and before the company was bought out, I enjoyed the views and direction of the company. After the buyout it seemed everything was about profit and the customers experience fell wayside.
Pros
The pay relative to other companies for my position was good
Cons
Sales goals as tech support are steep and unrealistic from time to time.
cable in internet company
Direct Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXJanuary 5, 2017
I loved working here I was a Direct sales door to door sales, but I do get Hot flashes and with this heat here walking from house to house was taking a pretty good tole from me so I had to quit. tried to see if I could transfer but was told nope due to me not being there for a year yet.
Pros
didn't have a boss hanging over me. got to do good things in our town
interesting
RETAIL SALES SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCSeptember 26, 2016
doing the time I was there things changed from fun and exciting to dangerous and difficult. working with staff changed after new vp and marketing management took charge. concern for staff changed. would love to have seen the routine of the job stayed with concern for consumer but it became more difficult to assist and keep customers with continued changes. goal expectations were set unrealistic with the economy that the company is based in. did not seem like the company wanted to truly gain and keep customers.
Sales (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXDecember 28, 2016
I loved working here, and I want to go back.

I left the first time due to attendance I had a lot going on at the time and I think the attendance policy wasn't the easiest to work with especially how I started out but I think I would have a good hang of it this time now that I fully understand it.
Pros
management, coworkers, pay, benefits.
Cons
management, attendance.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Suddenlink Communications. Our community is ready to answer.