Suddenlink Communications Employee Reviews

Good room for growth
TECHNICAL SUPPORT/SALES (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXDecember 28, 2016
When I worked for Suddenlink Communications, I was eager about my future with the company. There was potential for growth within the company. My only reason for leaving was due to personal life conflict and the company was in the process of being sold to Altice - an overseas company. I didn't know how that looked for my job position as a Tech Support agent, so I found another job before that played out. I have friends still working at Suddenlink Communications, and others who have went back after it being sold. Seems to still be an excellent company to work for with great benefits and room for growth - if you can handle the call center life.
Pros
Room for growth/advancement, decent pay, good insurance, flexible schedule dependent on manager
Cons
Point system for absences
Employees at Suddenlink communications and upper management are eager to help with advice when needed.
Broadband Technician II (Current Employee) –  Shrewsbury, WVDecember 27, 2016
Had minor disagreement with supervisors that I can explain upon interview of selected. Great work environment, just the way the upper management has some things to straighten out and get fixed, Other than that I enjoy the learning experience and employees and working there.
Pros
Company truck to drive home after work and gas card with truck. Good benefits and PTO
Cons
Could take 15 minute breaks every 2 hours, Always getting work added on by dispatch team, after scheduled working hours, which is understandable, by but it seems like it's an everyday thing, that's no problem I don't mind some over time, but sometimes I like to spend some time with the family.
Unperdictable
CSR - Tier (Former Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVOctober 21, 2016
I worked in the call center in West Virginia. My direct supervisors and the Team out on the floor were awsome! The always tried to help you understand your goals and tried coaching you to get the most out of the position you were in. The pay was good and the vacation and sick time was nice. On the down side the metrics constantly changed and there was a disconnect from upper to lower management often. This could lead to confusion on protocols or poor reviews on score cards for the month due to these changes. Since leaving this company I have heard that this has gotten worse due to the new ownership group.
Pros
Pay and Benefits
Cons
Constantly changing protocols
A good company to work for
CCR Generalist (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXMarch 12, 2017
Suddenlink Communications is a good place of employment. The chances for advancement are there. Good people and good call center environment. Hardest part of the job was dealing with some unfavorable customers. The most enjoyable part was being able to assist management and good customer service.
Pros
great health benefits
Cons
long drive to work
Great Pay and Benefits
Customer Service Representative, Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MO 64506January 16, 2017
It was a stressful atmosphere working in a call center with unhappy customers. The coworkers and management did their best to make it enjoyable with workplace activities and rewards. Good starting pay for a low requirement job. Great benefits of free cable/internet
Pros
Pay, Benefits
Cons
Stressful environment, required overtime
Sales (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXDecember 28, 2016
I loved working here, and I want to go back.

I left the first time due to attendance I had a lot going on at the time and I think the attendance policy wasn't the easiest to work with especially how I started out but I think I would have a good hang of it this time now that I fully understand it.
Pros
management, coworkers, pay, benefits.
Cons
management, attendance.
Good place to work, good benefits
Broadband Technician III (Current Employee) –  San Angelo, TXFebruary 15, 2017
Suddenlink does a great job educating employees on broadband work, and the pay isn't half bad. However, it is easy to peak and not have the chance to promote anymore.
Pros
moderate to little supervision, great benefits
Cons
long hours, no set schedule
Fun and Friendly place to work
CSR-Saves (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXDecember 13, 2016
This job has so many wonderful benefits as well as pay and opportunity to expand and grow within the company. They appreciate their employees and do a wonderful job showing their appreciation towards them by being involved to help the employee improve on certain skills as well as offering many rewards for the employees.
Pros
healthcare, lunches were paid by the company when working overtime
All work and no appreciation
Dispatch Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXJuly 19, 2016
Way over worked and advancement is only given to the people that complain they will threaten to call HR or most importantly contact the SVP. Those same people get the raises and promotions.

The normal day is always hectic i had to get routes out each morning so the field service tech had a route ready 8:00am.

I had more executive rolls of learning all new products and procedures an then train my team, I had to do all the coaching and compliments.

The most difficult part of the job was firing people. On the other hand I love to continually business of the day, working with people from all over the company I was a go to person for many people in many departments.
Pros
friendships and the feeling of accomplishment
Cons
fored overtime, and all new jobs was all put on dispatch when they were the busiest department in the local office.
The most challenging job in my career so far.
Sr. Field Services Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Truckee, CAJanuary 16, 2017
A typical day starts with making adjustments to the work schedule based on the number of jobs scheduled and how many technicians are available. Most days the workload exceeds the capacity of the available technicians to complete the scheduled work within the given time frames.So adjustments are made and we do our best to take care of our customers and exceed their expectations. It is a very dynamic work environment. I have learned to make the best decisions I can and support the technicians and the work is usually completed on time and to the customers satisfaction.
My co-workers are a very professional and dedicated group and their support is outstanding. I couldn't do this job without them. This includes the management team. They are very supportive and helpful. The hardest part of the job is not being able to complete as much work each day as I would like to. the most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the employees learn and advance their positions, and also getting positive feedback from customers who are happy with the service and the employees.
I have learned more about myself in this job than, any other job I've ever had my life. A challenging and rewarding experience.
Pros
Good pay and benifits. Good vehicles to drive.
Cons
Harsh weather conditions. Old, system in need of repair. The office is too small.
Very competitive and fun place.
customer service representative II (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXNovember 16, 2016
There were many reasons why this was a great place to work. Not only did they have excellent benefits, they also had other perks, such as commission. The job offered many other incentives as well, such as games, prizes, lunches, bonuses, and many more. The management was excellent. You take courses to help better your skills every month.
Overall a great place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TxAugust 17, 2016
When I began at Suddenlink it was with high hopes and expectations. After a year and a half my expectations were a little more realistic. There were the same pitfalls and problems that seem to accompany any other job. The hours were long, the task repetitive, and there were rules and policies that seemed to work against the job that you were supposed to do. Having said that though it was still one of my favorite places I have ever worked. The people I worked with were amazing, the management seemed to genuinely care about your personal progress, scheduling time off was simple and easy, and the benefits were incredible.
Great services
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVFebruary 8, 2017
Offers really good services,, allowing the CSR being treated like there no bodies, Changing proticall every day,,unfair treatment of employess. They do offer great benefits but not worth the treatment
Pros
Benifits
love the job and people
Technical support representative (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXDecember 14, 2016
its a call center. the job is the same. answer phones but its the management and people that make it worth working at. free services also! big plus that we get free cable and internet and phone is only 10 or so. I love it.
benefits
Cons
shifts
Productive work place
Broadband Technician (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXFebruary 17, 2017
Work included disconnecting accounts that didn't pay, installing new services, or fixing existing services. The work was decent, the management was great, and so were the benefits.
Nice place to work in the area
Billing and Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXMarch 16, 2017
Great employees, great opportunities, with nice pay and benefits. supervisors are understanding and will help when necessary. sometimes flexible schedules are available
Pros
Free lunches when they provide it
Cons
some maandatory overtime
Door to Door Sales
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJanuary 22, 2017
This job consisted of door to door sales. Depending on the type of environment, you can run into good customers and negative customers. Not a very stable job if you are looking for a salary base job. Great for people wanting to take the challenge.
Summary
INDEPENDENT SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAJanuary 6, 2017
Fun place to work. Great people surrounding you and pay that can bring home the bacon. It is enjoyable to bring home a nice paycheck after trying couple of weeks.
Pros
Great abliliy to make a good pay check and decent benefits.
Cons
Depends on to many uncontrolable variables.
Great Workplace
Broadband Technician II (Former Employee) –  Paris, TXJanuary 26, 2017
Loved working for them. Had great benefits. Hardest part was working around power lines climbing them all day. Worked my route everyday. Met boss once a week for weekly meetings.
Pros
company vehicle, free broadband etc
Cons
working in the worst weather
Good company
Broadband Technician III (Former Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVNovember 22, 2016
Good benefits. Management was always receptive of constructive criticism if you had a way you thought things could run smoother or save the company some extra money in the long run.
Pros
Good benefits.
Cons
Lower end of spectrum for pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Suddenlink Communications. Our community is ready to answer.

70%