Suddenlink Communications Employee Reviews

Asked to work outside of moral comfort zone.
Broadband Technician (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVOctober 17, 2017
I was ok with the job its self, but was not ok with lying to customers as I was asked to do. The pay was not adequate for the risk of climbing telephone poles and ladders on a several times a day basis.
worked alone minimal supervision
Warehouse Converter Technician (Former Employee) –  Princeton, WV 24739October 17, 2017
worked alone minimal supervision, had no onsite manager or lead and was without knowledge of things that changed in everyday operations. total lack of communication through the ranks.
Productive place to work. Wonderful atmosphere to work in.
Business Operations Administrator (Former Employee) –  Beckley, WVOctober 13, 2017
Productive and stressful at times. Excellent management. Amazing team to work with. They believe in family first. The best part of working here is the relationships amongst co-workers and management.
Pros
Excellent benefits and paid time off.
Cons
Low pay.
Fast pace working enviroment
Customer Loyalty Specialist I (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TX 75701October 9, 2017
A typical day at work consist of taking in bound calls and helping customers within 8 minutes or less with what ever their issues, concerns etc. I learned to better use excel, Microsoft, email use, and my typing skills improved. The management is great within the company. The hardest part of my job is the scheduled shift and taking the inbound calls within 8 minutes or less as I don't feel that is customer service rushing through the call. The most enjoyable part of my job is working with my escalations team to get the customers taken care of.
Pros
Great pay, benefits
Cons
score cards, point system, call handle ti
horrible
Broadband/Cable/Alarm Technician (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAOctober 9, 2017
Not enough time in the day to complete scheduled installs. Managers are always complaining about overtime. Also the company doesn't pay its techs well at all.
Fun
Broadband Technician III (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAOctober 8, 2017
A typical day at work, what you learned, managment, workplace culture, the hardest part of the job, the most enjoyable part of the job and where it all went down
it was a very stressful environment at the time
Tech Support Agent Level 3 (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 8, 2017
they offered basic training for their positions, you didnt have to have ANY experience for any of the openings. the environment itself was extremely stressful but the job was good. The main complaint i would give for this job is that they demanded ALL employees to reach specific sales goals. i do not agree with this. that is what a sales department is for. it is especially hard for a tech support agent to try to sell services to angry customers that call in because their services are constantly out or not working properly. they had alot of incentives for bonuses with different promotions and you got additional compensation for those. they paid decent and their benefits were good.
Pros
different shifts available, good benefits and pay
Cons
very stressful and noisy environment, unfair sales demands.
company was good until was bought by Altice
Business Administrator (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXOctober 6, 2017
depending on manager it can be bad. because they are the front face of the department. you have to brag about yourself even if u have to lie. always show ourself on top
Pros
discounts
Cons
bad management
Serving my Clients
Writer/Producer/Director (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MOOctober 1, 2017
I enjoyed serving my clients for nearly 26 years at Cablevision Advertising which later became Suddenlink Media and is now Altiece. I would rather not comment on the manner in which my department was closed or whether I was fairly compensated.
Fun place to work
Technical Support, Level 3 (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXSeptember 28, 2017
Suddenlink was a fun place to work. I advanced fairly quick up to a Tech III. The management was excellent. Heavy customer contact with problem solving and trouble shooting a top priority. Selling more services was easy to do once the consumer's problem was solved.
Pros
free lunches, happy, cheerful employees, free gym
Cons
Sometimes the customer is rude and there is no comforting them.
Tech Op.Dept.Dispatcher II (Former Employee) –  Bryan, TXSeptember 21, 2017
I loved my time at Suddenlink and, only wish there was one in my area or that I could move back eventually to work for them again in the future. Great place to work. Free Services for employees all channels discounts on PPV (Fights etc)
Pros
Free Cable and, Internet Services great Health benefits
Cons
Realy I had none to be honest I loved my job and, my co workers.
overall good place to work
Customer Retention Specialist II / Floor Lead (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXSeptember 20, 2017
overall good place to work, great benefits, time off is easy to get, great supervisors for the most part. would suggest this company for a good starting out job.
Job Review
Matt Rivera, Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXSeptember 20, 2017
I worked at Suddenlink for 8 years they have provided me and my Family great benefits. I am being let go due to cut backs and out of my hands. I was getting paid well and I will miss this place of employment.
stressful place to work
Retail Sales Agent IV (Former Employee) –  Bastrop, LASeptember 20, 2017
suddenlink is a very busy place to work. They expect you to make goal and achieve those goals. But no matter how many goals you achieve they are always expecting more.
Pros
good working hours.
Very fun but also sometimes stressful but a great placd to work
Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXSeptember 19, 2017
Working here was great you handled calls for tech issues and helped customers with their issues with their services or walked them through billing inquiries or issues. At times customers could be difficult to work with but you just had to be patient and calm with dealing with them. Management was amazing I always had great supervisors and they are always working with you to make you a better agent and helped you in any way that they could.
Pros
Sick time, vacations, medical, dental and, vision benefits and 401k
Cons
Stressful, fast paced
Overall pay rate and benifits
Residental Sales (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXSeptember 18, 2017
A typical day at work starts normal until after clocking in and learning instead of a hour lunch break it only 30 minutes. Mandatory overtime only a days warning no time to reschedule doctors appointments or child care.
Pros
benifits
Cons
short lunches
had fun working here plenty of room for advancement
Broadband Technician IV (Current Employee) –  Midland, TXSeptember 18, 2017
lots of room for advancement if you are ambitious. company truck provided and company cell phone also. benefits and paid time off. federal holidays off also
Work Ethic and Prorities
Front Counter Sales (Current Employee) –  Lewisburg, WVSeptember 18, 2017
Worked with technicians and supervisors correcting customers problems with services, working with several different types of programs to complete job duties. I like the fast pace and learning new things. The most enjoyable part of my jobs is the satisfaction of correcting peoples service issues and be able to help fellow co- workers do their jobs, team work. Never dull, always something to work on and take care of. Completing bank deposits.
CO-workers like family
MDU Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXSeptember 16, 2017
Love my manager, and the people I worked with are like my 2nd family. I spent Mon-Fri with them so we know each other very well and we celebrated one another
Pros
Great Pay
Cons
Lack of communication
Fast Paced and enjoyable work
Technical Support/Dispatch (Former Employee) –  Lake Havasu City, AZSeptember 13, 2017
Loved working for the company, lots of great benefits and discounts. Love the overtime available and enjoyable place to work. Con would be new company taking over and changing structure of entire company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Suddenlink Communications. Our community is ready to answer.