Suddenlink Communications Employee Reviews

Decent job If you want no personal life
Direct Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Muskogee, OKSeptember 3, 2016
You work your butt off, rain.extreme heat shine sleet or snow, your phone never shuts up.. customers call u instead of support hotline, on holidays sundays they dont care.. also the sales you make are never good enough they want more and more, hours are more like 12 hours a day.. you have to work saturdays if u dont make ur installs
i did enjoy my co workers and all of the staff were friendly and very helpful. I really never had time for personal life. i was always to tired.
put a lot of miles on my car too! i did earn my sales experience tho! and now i can more on to bigger and better things.
Pros
free cable and internet
Cons
long hours, working in elements
interesting
RETAIL SALES SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCSeptember 26, 2016
doing the time I was there things changed from fun and exciting to dangerous and difficult. working with staff changed after new vp and marketing management took charge. concern for staff changed. would love to have seen the routine of the job stayed with concern for consumer but it became more difficult to assist and keep customers with continued changes. goal expectations were set unrealistic with the economy that the company is based in. did not seem like the company wanted to truly gain and keep customers.
Suddenlink Communications
Accounting Coordinator IV (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCSeptember 9, 2016
Coming to work was a pleasure for me because I enjoyed my department and coworkers.
Creating spreadsheets and balancing the P&L reports, running queries, posting payments to customers accounts, reconciling bank statements.
The hardest part of the job was making sure all journal entries were posted by a certain time so that Corporate could make their entries.
The company was great overall but not to great on communication to the employees.
Pros
Discounted Cable Services
Cons
Not enough trainng, I personally had to train myself and co-workers
Fun environment, very family oriented workplace
Business Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXSeptember 15, 2016
Work daily reports; learned different aspects of the cable industry daily; assisted internal and external customers with issues; hardest part was not always being able to assist customers in whatever issues they may have had; enjoyable part was the customer satisfaction with the customers I was able help with their issues
Pros
co-workers; the ability to assist customers
Cons
not able to resolve all customer issues
Overall a great place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TxAugust 17, 2016
When I began at Suddenlink it was with high hopes and expectations. After a year and a half my expectations were a little more realistic. There were the same pitfalls and problems that seem to accompany any other job. The hours were long, the task repetitive, and there were rules and policies that seemed to work against the job that you were supposed to do. Having said that though it was still one of my favorite places I have ever worked. The people I worked with were amazing, the management seemed to genuinely care about your personal progress, scheduling time off was simple and easy, and the benefits were incredible.
Up until recently it was a great pleace to work
Technical Service Representative (Current Employee) –  WVAugust 16, 2016
Up until the new take over the Suddenlink work life core values were reflected to the environment but now its really a hard place to work. The customers are all dissatisfied with the new transitions and they are not being clear to the customer on why there is a need for transition. Also they are getting rid of there season employees for new hires that are not trained properly its a really hard atmosphere to work in.
Pros
free internet and cable
Cons
overwhelming call volume
Overtime is ridiculous
Broadband Technician (Current Employee) –  Bullhead City, AZAugust 10, 2016
Suddenlink says their motto is "Family first." This is just not the case. When hired they say that there is a little overtime every once in a while. Try NO time with your family at 25-40 hours of mandatory overtime a week. Management does not care that technicians do not get home until almost 9pm or later every night (while management is home at 5). While the paychecks are nice, it just doesn't justify them working us to death.....then in the weekly meetings we are told we aren't doing enough.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
They work you to death and don't care about the employee
A challenging and rewarding fast paced sales experience
Residential Customer Consultant/Direct Sales Rep I (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCJuly 27, 2016
This job will test your internal fortitude. You are thrust into the field with little to no training and required to sell cable/internet to unsuspecting customers via door to door sales. The job is primarily commissioned based. It is in essence a truly cutthroat, sink or swim environment, full of fun and excitement for the thrill seeker.
Customer Service Rep with excellent people skills and salesperson
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVJuly 17, 2016
My typical day at work is that I talk to customers around the US to give them the best customer experience that I can.
I set them up with services that best fit their needs
In my 9 years as a customer service rep, the biggest thing I have learned is to listen. Listen to what the customer wants and needs.
I have great respect for my co-workers because what we do is not an easy task to do all day every day.
The hardest part of my job is trying to calm a disgruntled customer.
The most enjoyable part of my job is that I get to help customers on an hourly basis. I consider myself a people person. I love being able to get the customer what they want in a timely manner.
Pros
health benefits and 401K
Cons
not being able to have much mobility.
Not good anymore
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJuly 2, 2016
Before Suddenlink was purchased by Altice it was an amazing place to work. Great people, pay, benefits no complaints at all!

Fast forward a few months the 7 core values no longer mean anything. Employees are given little to no warning of mandaory overtime. Commissiom will randomly drop after the commission cycle has closed. They have created a culture of fear & deception. Never know if today will be the day we get told we no longer have job. Customer service has went out the window all the new owners care about is money. They will squeeze every penny they can out of the customers and pay the employees as little as possible.
Pros
Free cable/internet
Cons
New owners and everything they brought with them
Fantastic Work Enviornment
Broadband Technician (Former Employee) –  Paris, TXAugust 16, 2016
Suddenlink gave me all the tools required to perform my job functions and the management was always there to aid in difficult situations. My coworkers were easy to get along with and everyone was heard if there was an issue with any aspect of their work day.
Pros
dependable managemant, ever changing work conditions, rewarding
Cons
third party cable equipment
suddenlink
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJune 21, 2016
I was appreciated and valued due to my expertise in revenue building, customer service, and sales expertise. I loved been able to help people while also working for a company that i was proud of. The team building and also moral within the facility was always top priority and i loved every part of my job. management spend a great deal of time and effort to make sure that they were able to perfect and develop our skills while making sure that we were given the tools to do our absolute in meeting personal stats and goals. Me personally I looked at is as a challenge to exceed the goals that were set into place for me.
Pros
salary capabilitys
Great Company
Sales Representative CCRI, Retention CCRI (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXJune 14, 2016
This was a great job talking with people everyday with services and problems. Until you get on the phones you will not ever know what kind of job this is. Great training and scripts but support is not available many times while customers are still on the phone. Look up and no one is around and others are also on the phones. Agents do however help one another well. Finally ended my job living to far away to make the money worth while. It was great and I sure learned a lot and meet some really great people. I would do it again if i lived near a call center.
Pros
Great Company, benfits, good people, great trainers Midsouth
Cons
lack of support on the floor many times, hours, honesty
All work and no appreciation
Dispatch Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXJuly 19, 2016
Way over worked and advancement is only given to the people that complain they will threaten to call HR or most importantly contact the SVP. Those same people get the raises and promotions.

The normal day is always hectic i had to get routes out each morning so the field service tech had a route ready 8:00am.

I had more executive rolls of learning all new products and procedures an then train my team, I had to do all the coaching and compliments.

The most difficult part of the job was firing people. On the other hand I love to continually business of the day, working with people from all over the company I was a go to person for many people in many departments.
Pros
friendships and the feeling of accomplishment
Cons
fored overtime, and all new jobs was all put on dispatch when they were the busiest department in the local office.
Great for desk work
Tech Support Agent (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXSeptember 12, 2016
Environment is positive. Plenty to do on your breaks including playing pool and ping pong. I learned a lot about the company itself and a lot of product knowledge. Management is very kind. Everyone is all smiles walking around. The hardest part of the job is to not take anything personal when you receive irate customers on the phone.
Repetitive, unprofessional environment. Poorly managed.
Cable sales (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXJune 2, 2016
A day in the life ... take calls get even though people need help customer support ... nope u hammer them with product till they get mad. Then you are supposed to help them. They have 7 cultural values ... they are for show only, the company could give a care less about you as a person.

Plus your job is on the line everyday. At any moment they could say your fired and then give some stupid reason.

I quit the place and am much happier even with a little less pay.

Management is sad. They don't care about you or the customers only sale sale sale. No matter your position.
Pros
Cons
everything. poor company, doesn't care about customers
Suddenlink Communications
Accounts Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXJuly 5, 2016
This was a great place to work if you are looking to make money and have great sales skills. great for single people just starting out, its a place to build a foundation for your future.
Not everyone can work on the phone though.
Pros
potential to make a lot of money and progress
Cons
very strict on attendance, breaks and lunch micro managed
Excellent Learning Experience.
Direct Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Little Elm, TXAugust 15, 2016
Basically did door to door sales. was told that I was going to be able to work in my home area instead of driving 45 mins to do my route that hasn't happened. The workplace is very friendly my coworkers are very helpful when I have called on them and my manager is very knowledgeable and helpful just not the right job for me.
If you want to have a life outside of work don't bother
Direct Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Muskogee, OKMay 26, 2016
The pay here is decent but you work constantly, your sales are never good enough, it's just not worth the misery. Long days carry over because the phone never stops ringing you're left deal with every little problem that the customers have because they call you instead of the support line. There is also a lot of favoritism in this office.
Pros
Free cable and Internet
Cons
Always working, no room for advancement, high turnover, never good enough
Room for improvement
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXMay 23, 2016
This job is a great start but gets repetitive. My biggest concern is that the level of knowledge that i would expect is not there. for example if systems crash i can still do my job without them and still resolve issues. however this is not the case for the majority of my colleagues. when you start relying on scripting instead of training this is what happens
Pros
hour luch
Cons
no room for personal growth

Suddenlink Communications Reviews by Location