Suddenlink Communications Employee Reviews

Suddenlink will be missed.
CMO, Senior Vice President, marketing and sales (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 23, 2017
Suddenlink was a company of strong values and work ethic. It's culture was one of inclusion in and entrepreneurial environment. Suddenlink was purchased by Altice in 2016 and it's culture assimilate in the acquisition.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Purchased by Altice in 2016.
Used to be a great place to work
Employee (Current Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVMay 23, 2017
Prior to our buyout by Altice, we were a fantastic company.
Since the buyout, this has become a very high-stress company-for all employees. U.S. based call centers are continually closing and jobs are being eliminated by mass amounts. There is NO job security in this company.
Benefits
Cons
Everything else
Fine for a summer job
Commercial Accounts Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXMay 22, 2017
I was only working there for a little over a month, but I enjoyed it. It did grow very boring very fast though. Once you finished going through the pile of mail and short call list there wasn't much to do.
a typical day at work
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVMay 19, 2017
Be prepared to prioritize the tasks at hand. Expect the unexpected and adapt to the changes of the day. Focus on the most customer impacting and ensure the customers needs are met.
Pros
Exciting and enjoyable place to work
Cons
downsizing
Chaotic and Inconsistent Work Environment
Technical Support/CSR (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXMay 17, 2017
This Company has some great employees that are not appreciated and nothing in this company is consistent. Employees are hired as bodies for the call center floor. Work instructions change daily and depends on who you ask. Work Life Balance is difficult because of the rigid work schedules. With that being said the company has some great benefits
Pros
The Benefits
Cons
Work Schedule and Inconsistent Instructions
Rewarding career if you can cut it.
Local Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LAMay 16, 2017
Challenging but rewarding company that allows me to utilize my leadership ability in a combination of tradition, digital and social media skills to achieve advertisers' marketing objectives.
Pros
Above average compensation and schedule flexability
Cons
Unrealistic expectations, lack of flexability in management style, little to enforce or improve market position, internal support is poor
Nice place to work
Senior Compliance Paralegal (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 15, 2017
Unfortunately, the company's corporate headquarters are being relocated to Bethpage, NY, so there are not many jobs available at this time at the St. Louis location.
the ppl you work with are amazing
Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXMay 12, 2017
its a fun place to work but has a lot of stress. the brake room is not a bad place to relax on brake and lunch. some sup's are way better then others
great atmosphere and great people management needs help
Technical support (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXMay 10, 2017
management needs help in people skills. they are not very friendly when talking to employees. they really dont take the time to go over what the agent needs to correct and has very little praise when the agent is doing good
Below
Sales door (Former Employee) –  Jonesboro, ARMay 10, 2017
The training was good. Didn't like the door to door sales required. The quota seemed unreachable. Didn't care for the GPS locater & being micro managed 100% of the time.
Pros
training
Cons
Micromanaged
Professional and Excellent
Retention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXMay 8, 2017
Suddenlink Communications is definitely the best company I've ever worked for, I am currently a Retention Agent and I love being able to assist customers with any problems they may have.
Pros
Benefits, Overtime
Cons
Good
Technical Support Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVMay 4, 2017
A good place to work. Great bosses to have around. Everyone in the company seems to care about what is going on and making sure we are the best in the business.
Fast Paced, Constant Change
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVMay 3, 2017
The management at the local caller center were professional and good to work with. They would work with the employees first hand and work with those that they say true potential into try and unlock that potential.
The work with the customer can be stressful at times but I developed the skills to allow one call to affect the next call. The customer that is next in line does not have anything to do with the call before.
The company was enjoyable as a whole. I would continue to work there if the job was not being eliminated because the call center is being shut down.
Pros
Health benefit and cable benefit
Cons
Job being eliminated.
Good place to work. Just not always good people
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  tyler texasMay 2, 2017
I worked there and put it to you plan, simple I fell on a wet floor that had no warning signs one night. broke my wrist then they fired me because I couldn't type as fast no more.
Pros
people not doing job right
Cons
good pay
Stay away
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXApril 30, 2017
Every morning 30 plus calls waiting. That stressed my morning. Call after call, management was very demanding on sales goals. You would get wrote up if you didn't meet goal which could lead to termination.
Pros
Good benefits, good discounts
Cons
Stressful, very demanding
Was good at the start
Headend Technician (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXApril 30, 2017
This company went through name changes and each time went down hill. We had a good working atmosphere and so really good people. Still moved up fast and enjoyed the work.
Pros
People
Cons
New management not taking time to lean a working system.
overall great job if you have paitence
IT Technician (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXApril 29, 2017
it was a nice steady job with great benefits. you just have to have a lot of patience for difficult customers. if you have patience then you will do fine at this job.
Pros
good health benefits
Cons
difficult customers
Great place of Buissness
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Bossier City, LAApril 29, 2017
A typical day at this job for me was pretty calm. I learned how to install cables and also cable boxes. That was an exciting experience for me. The management was great. The workplace culture was pretty nice a lot of moving but pretty nice. The hardest part about this job was using the ditch witch. A ditch witch is like a big shovel that's ran by a Machine. The most enjoyable part was the payment and the employees.
Pros
Perfect Pay
it was an ok job
Customer Service\Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAApril 27, 2017
the work environment was decent, management needs training, not all employees want to work. having to deal with multiple callins per day and being very short staffed
Nice work environment
Human Resources Coordinator II (Former Employee) –  Conway, ARApril 26, 2017
Nice work environment, amiable employees, satisfactory compensation and benefits. I discovered a whole new world in Human Resources. A world I am eager to rerturn to.On the downside, there is a lot of office politics that involves favoritism. Unfortunately, if you are not favored by management there isn't any chance of advancement and promotion.
Pros
The opportunity to learn and grow in a different career field, and increase my job skills.
Cons
The administration cares little to none about lower level employees, no job secuirty in the company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Suddenlink Communications. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval