Suddenlink Communications Employee Reviews

Its Okay
Call Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Lake Havasu City, AZAugust 16, 2017
The moral starting the job was fun and upbeat. After new owners there was alot of changes that took place besides the many layoffs. They eliminated the ability to advance. Which brought moral down and everything soon became a numbers game in regards to what the customer thinks. The policies and procedures are not customer friendly. And its hard to make a customer feel the agent did their best when the resources are so limited. And as a result, the customer provided poor feedback on the agent with surveys because they were dissatisfied with the business and service. There is not enough appreciation for the agents taking the calls-with the amount of names we get called every day.
Great People, Teamwork, never boring!
Business Sales Support (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCAugust 16, 2017
Been in the cable industry 35 years. Products always changing as technology grows so always continuing education on processes and products. Culture respectful of all walks of life.
Fast paced, never boring. Great management team that cares.
high stress
Technical Operations Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVAugust 15, 2017
Your job revolves around customer and company. Lots of long days. Job is definitely weather related. Hard to make plans outside work.No set schedule so you never know what the day will lead. After 12 years and numerous promotions, the new owners felt I was no longer needed
Pros
over time
Cons
family
Not fun anymore
Technician III (Current Employee) –  Charleston, WVAugust 15, 2017
So many changes and so many good people cut from their jobs. used to be an awesome place to work....not so much anymore. if your looking for security its not here anymore
good place to learn about cable tv and internet/voip services
Cable Technician (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAAugust 8, 2017
good place to work at. This is where i started my communications career at and got a lot of expericence from it. Managers were instructive and the hours were decent. pay wasn't that great at the time i was there.
Pros
lucrative hours
Cons
underpaid
Ok job
Broadband Technician (Current Employee) –  Charleston, WVAugust 8, 2017
Loved the work but you are not compensated for the amount of work you do. Management is terrible along with the rest of the office workers. No common sense or communication
Pros
Company truck and free services
Cons
Everything else
Nice while it lasted
Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVAugust 7, 2017
Account executive position. Great before Altice USA bought the company and immediately started cutting staff, supplies and benefits. too little time available now to actually do the sales job as it should be done.
Pros
nice and helpful co-workers
Cons
new company cutting to bare bones
Can be a great place to work at
Broadband Technician (Current Employee) –  Paris, TXAugust 5, 2017
When suddenlink got bought out by altice, morale dropped significantly. You never know from day to day who will be in charge or if you're gonna still have a job. Also upper management is terrible at dissemination of info
Pros
Pay, benefits
Cons
Hours, not knowing any man info
Fast paced enviroment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXAugust 1, 2017
Worked as a CSR, took inbound calls about cable questions, took payments, made payment arrangments. Also worked out of office making sales to busnesses.
Currently employed
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 30, 2017
Ok company at first, was bought out, now getting laid off. new management, getting laid off. more will probably get laid off soon. Kinda glad I will be finding a new job
Amazing Work Enviroment- ZERO STRESS
Call Center Account Services Rep (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJuly 27, 2017
Management was extremely patient and always made work fun. Laid back environment- just don't be late- attendance is taken very seriously. The pay could be better but they make up for it with FREE services for every employee!
Pros
Free services, awesome work enviroment, excellent management
Cons
pay
Loved the job
Regional Operational Center Specialist/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Cabot, ARJuly 23, 2017
I would have stayed until retirement if the department would have not be terminated. It was like a big family and everyone I worked with was great. Sad it came to an end
Typical day at Suddenlink
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXJuly 21, 2017
The company always provided food and fun for all of the employees who worked there. Everything from T-shirts to blizzards from Dairy Queen. Lots of catered foods and fun games for everyone. I enjoyed working there.
Pros
Free Coffee
Cons
Sometimes it could be stressful
ideal place to work
RETAIL SALES (Former Employee) –  Ville Platte, LAJuly 18, 2017
Suddenlink Communication co- workers are great to work with. Unfortunately, in was laid off in May 2017. Huddles phone calls every Wednesday. Can be stressful at time to meet sales goals.
Happy
I-care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXJuly 18, 2017
I have been with the company for almost 7 years, the pay is great as well as the benefits. It can be stressful but it is customer service. You have to have a strong head for rudeness.
Good place for single people
Technician (Former Employee) –  Nacogdoches, TXJuly 18, 2017
Really good place to work for single people or people trying to get a foot in the door for the TV/broadband world. Training is really good also, overall OK place to work.
Productive and interesting industry to learn the behind the scenes
Consulting Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 18, 2017
Work with end user to understand day to day processes
How to make processes automated versus manual
Identified gaps and bottlenecks
Awesome team of Managers and stakeholders
Friendly relaxed balanced workplace in order to get the job done as a team
Including all stakeholders to buy in to change to applications
Working with the End Users and Developers

***Note: I was a Consultant
Pros
Industry is growing and everchanging to increase Customer base
Cons
When there's no documentation on an existing process
It was a great environment to work in at one time
Account Executive/TV Marketing (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXJuly 17, 2017
I absolutely loved this job! I was good at it and made good money. I had a wonderful boss and great co-workers and my job was fun. I was the top sales person and won several trips. I thought I would be there forever. Unfortunately that ended when some upper management changed things and fired our boss and we were left without any management for months which turned into years. I left shortly there after because the entire office and team was breaking down, clients were getting upset and leaving and team members were getting written up. The work atmosphere had taken a 180. but I hear it is back to being good to work for, not like it was before.
Fun but busy work
Broadband Technician IV- SBS (Current Employee) –  Barksdale AFB, LAJuly 15, 2017
Work is fun, management is typical management. people are cool, deal with a lot of customers which can be good and bad sometimes. work in all weather, rain, snow, heat, cold.
Pros
free cable and internet
Cons
inconnestant work schedule, never know when you get off on any certain day
I use to love my job and looked forward to retiring here.
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Bossier City, LAJuly 12, 2017
I have really enjoyed my time at suddenlink. I loved that it was family friendly and that most of us working here feel like this is our family away from our family. We are a team and work very well together with little to no drama. We have recently been brought out by a big company from overseas. Since this buyout things have drastically changed and employees all over the US have been laid off or pushed to retire. Budget cuts were so serious that even our paper towels and toilet paper were limited for several months. Despite all the drastic changes I still liked my job and wish I wasn't losing it.
Pros
former management, co-workers, descent pay, and good benefits
Cons
losing job after several years and new owners

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Suddenlink Communications. Our community is ready to answer.