Suddenlink Communications Employee Reviews

Loved my co-workers. They made my job more fun
Technician (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXNovember 2, 2016
I had my own company vehicle to bring home every day which was very different from any other job I had. So basically it was an added bonus to my job. I also enjoyed , again, going to different customers houses and business to help them fix and get working any problems they had with their equipment.
Pros
The freedom of being out and about to work for different customers.
Cons
Not very many cons to this company. Actually enjoyed every aspect of this company.
Unperdictable
CSR - Tier (Former Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVOctober 21, 2016
I worked in the call center in West Virginia. My direct supervisors and the Team out on the floor were awsome! The always tried to help you understand your goals and tried coaching you to get the most out of the position you were in. The pay was good and the vacation and sick time was nice. On the down side the metrics constantly changed and there was a disconnect from upper to lower management often. This could lead to confusion on protocols or poor reviews on score cards for the month due to these changes. Since leaving this company I have heard that this has gotten worse due to the new ownership group.
Pros
Pay and Benefits
Cons
Constantly changing protocols
All arpund good place
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Tyler txOctober 20, 2016
I loved working fpr thwm just had alot of outside life going on that interfeared as well as the employees that were above felt the way speak was a problem and due to me not being up to par like that wanted me to i felt it was to stressful to keep my hardest to make them happy as well i felt a little discriminated against due to how i speak if the customer can understand me clearly why should a computer judge me an tell me im not doing my job it was confusing an stressful
Fun and productive enviroment
Intake and Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXOctober 19, 2016
I was a dispatcher for the local cable company, dispatching jobs to the field technicians.

Helping technicians to make sure that the equipment was added to the account.

Management was great to work with and direct manager was awesome. She was always willing to help and worked will with her crew.

Co-workers were great always willing to help one another.
Pros
pros having a great work enviroment and getting discount on cable
Cons
working weekends
Great company to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXOctober 19, 2016
Answer clients questions and troubleshoot the issues they were having with equipment. Sell them new products, which you had no control over completing. The management, senior agents, and upper echelon were fantastic to work with and for. Caring environment. Customers would need clarification on why the charges were added to bill. New customers were forwarded to sales thereby reducing your ability to meet your quota.
Cons
Selling the products and services out of my control and time factor company wanted adherence to
Decent Place of Work
Customer Service Rep/ Door to Door Salesman (Former Employee) –  El Dorado, AROctober 17, 2016
I enjoyed my time with this company. They send you off to get trained at one of their "Schools" and make sure you can provide all that's needed for your day to day operations. I will say I never felt like I had a good chance to move up. One example is I was told I met all my goals to advance to the next tier of my position, just to have it denied because my supervisor was incorrect with her information as to what I needed to do.
Pros
Free Use of Services (with in service area, some restrictions), comfortable work environment, great training
Cons
Unclear way to advance at position
Always has great food
TECHNICAL SUPPORT/BILLING (Former Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVOctober 17, 2016
Suddenlink has not held up to the promises of advancement. The atmosphere is friendly, and they try their best to keep the employees happy when it comes to game days, food days, etc... But they are always changing policies, but don't always inform the employees.. leaving us in the dark. Which in turn make the customers feel poorly about the customer service they received.
Pros
good pay for area
Cons
unsure about job stability due to recent layoffs
interesting
RETAIL SALES SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCSeptember 26, 2016
doing the time I was there things changed from fun and exciting to dangerous and difficult. working with staff changed after new vp and marketing management took charge. concern for staff changed. would love to have seen the routine of the job stayed with concern for consumer but it became more difficult to assist and keep customers with continued changes. goal expectations were set unrealistic with the economy that the company is based in. did not seem like the company wanted to truly gain and keep customers.
the
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Lake Havasu City, AZDecember 5, 2016
I worked there for 3 months. Everyone i worked with was very kind. I did not like how they did not have a connection with the employees though. Sitting and having someone yell at me all day was not my ideal job either. In training I was told over and over again how stupid the customers are which is sad considering they are the ones paying for our services. Overall I have mixed emotions about working their.
Fun environment, very family oriented workplace
Business Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXSeptember 15, 2016
Work daily reports; learned different aspects of the cable industry daily; assisted internal and external customers with issues; hardest part was not always being able to assist customers in whatever issues they may have had; enjoyable part was the customer satisfaction with the customers I was able help with their issues
Pros
co-workers; the ability to assist customers
Cons
not able to resolve all customer issues
Local Branch
Tech Support Rep (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCNovember 1, 2016
The local branch that I worked for was a wonderful place to work and before the company was bought out, I enjoyed the views and direction of the company. After the buyout it seemed everything was about profit and the customers experience fell wayside.
Pros
The pay relative to other companies for my position was good
Cons
Sales goals as tech support are steep and unrealistic from time to time.
Suddenlink Communications
Accounting Coordinator IV (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCSeptember 9, 2016
Coming to work was a pleasure for me because I enjoyed my department and coworkers.
Creating spreadsheets and balancing the P&L reports, running queries, posting payments to customers accounts, reconciling bank statements.
The hardest part of the job was making sure all journal entries were posted by a certain time so that Corporate could make their entries.
The company was great overall but not to great on communication to the employees.
Pros
Discounted Cable Services
Cons
Not enough trainng, I personally had to train myself and co-workers
Productive and fun workplace
Sr. Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 14, 2016
Suddenlink is a very laid back company. I learned that work could also be fun. The manager was wonderful and so were my co-workers. The hardest part of my job was learning to do excel uploads. How well everyone worked together,
Pros
food days and company gifts such as jackets, etc.and Xmas time in the office
Cons
Some long work days at month end and 1099 time.
Very competitive and fun place.
customer service representative II (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXNovember 16, 2016
There were many reasons why this was a great place to work. Not only did they have excellent benefits, they also had other perks, such as commission. The job offered many other incentives as well, such as games, prizes, lunches, bonuses, and many more. The management was excellent. You take courses to help better your skills every month.
Decent job If you want no personal life
Direct Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Muskogee, OKSeptember 3, 2016
You work your butt off, rain.extreme heat shine sleet or snow, your phone never shuts up.. customers call u instead of support hotline, on holidays sundays they dont care.. also the sales you make are never good enough they want more and more, hours are more like 12 hours a day.. you have to work saturdays if u dont make ur installs
i did enjoy my co workers and all of the staff were friendly and very helpful. I really never had time for personal life. i was always to tired.
put a lot of miles on my car too! i did earn my sales experience tho! and now i can more on to bigger and better things.
Pros
free cable and internet
Cons
long hours, working in elements
Good pay, Long hours
Broadband Technician (Current Employee) –  Batesville, ARSeptember 28, 2016
This is a good job if you dont mind working a lot of overtime. It gives good pay but dont expect to get off at a certain time. They do however pay you to learn (in Conway, AR) how to do some of the things youll be doing every day. You will be self teaching yourself as you go as well.
Pros
company phone, company truck, free services
Cons
long hours, rude customers, time limits, on call
Overall a great place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TxAugust 17, 2016
When I began at Suddenlink it was with high hopes and expectations. After a year and a half my expectations were a little more realistic. There were the same pitfalls and problems that seem to accompany any other job. The hours were long, the task repetitive, and there were rules and policies that seemed to work against the job that you were supposed to do. Having said that though it was still one of my favorite places I have ever worked. The people I worked with were amazing, the management seemed to genuinely care about your personal progress, scheduling time off was simple and easy, and the benefits were incredible.
Up until recently it was a great pleace to work
Technical Service Representative (Current Employee) –  WVAugust 16, 2016
Up until the new take over the Suddenlink work life core values were reflected to the environment but now its really a hard place to work. The customers are all dissatisfied with the new transitions and they are not being clear to the customer on why there is a need for transition. Also they are getting rid of there season employees for new hires that are not trained properly its a really hard atmosphere to work in.
Pros
free internet and cable
Cons
overwhelming call volume
Overtime is ridiculous
Broadband Technician (Current Employee) –  Bullhead City, AZAugust 10, 2016
Suddenlink says their motto is "Family first." This is just not the case. When hired they say that there is a little overtime every once in a while. Try NO time with your family at 25-40 hours of mandatory overtime a week. Management does not care that technicians do not get home until almost 9pm or later every night (while management is home at 5). While the paychecks are nice, it just doesn't justify them working us to death.....then in the weekly meetings we are told we aren't doing enough.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
They work you to death and don't care about the employee
Technology thats always changing
Direct Sales Supervisor (Current Employee) –  ArkansasNovember 17, 2016
Change of owners have changed the Company. Sales numbers are being asked of individuals that are out of their control in many of todays small markets. Overall a good company, however I feel they need more customer focus.
Pros
Good Pay, Time off accured per payperiod
Cons
Often unrealistic expectations/numbers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Suddenlink Communications. Our community is ready to answer.

Suddenlink Communications Reviews by Location