Suddenlink Communications

Suddenlink Communications Employee Reviews in United States

Not good anymore
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJuly 2, 2016
Before Suddenlink was purchased by Altice it was an amazing place to work. Great people, pay, benefits no complaints at all!

Fast forward a few months the 7 core values no longer mean anything. Employees are given little to no warning of mandaory overtime. Commissiom will randomly drop after the commission cycle has closed. They have created a culture of fear & deception. Never know if today will be the day we get told we no longer have job. Customer service has went out the window all the new owners care about is money. They will squeeze every penny they can out of the customers and pay the employees as little as possible.
Pros
Free cable/internet
Cons
New owners and everything they brought with them
suddenlink
Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJune 21, 2016
I was appreciated and valued due to my expertise in revenue building, customer service, and sales expertise. I loved been able to help people while also working for a company that i was proud of. The team building and also moral within the facility was always top priority and i loved every part of my job. management spend a great deal of time and effort to make sure that they were able to perfect and develop our skills while making sure that we were given the tools to do our absolute in meeting personal stats and goals. Me personally I looked at is as a challenge to exceed the goals that were set into place for me.
Pros
salary capabilitys
Great Company
Sales Representative CCRI, Retention CCRI (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXJune 14, 2016
This was a great job talking with people everyday with services and problems. Until you get on the phones you will not ever know what kind of job this is. Great training and scripts but support is not available many times while customers are still on the phone. Look up and no one is around and others are also on the phones. Agents do however help one another well. Finally ended my job living to far away to make the money worth while. It was great and I sure learned a lot and meet some really great people. I would do it again if i lived near a call center.
Pros
Great Company, benfits, good people, great trainers Midsouth
Cons
lack of support on the floor many times, hours, honesty
Repetitive, unprofessional environment. Poorly managed.
Cable sales (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXJune 2, 2016
A day in the life ... take calls get even though people need help customer support ... nope u hammer them with product till they get mad. Then you are supposed to help them. They have 7 cultural values ... they are for show only, the company could give a care less about you as a person.

Plus your job is on the line everyday. At any moment they could say your fired and then give some stupid reason.

I quit the place and am much happier even with a little less pay.

Management is sad. They don't care about you or the customers only sale sale sale. No matter your position.
Pros
Cons
everything. poor company, doesn't care about customers
If you want to have a life outside of work don't bother
Direct Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Muskogee, OKMay 26, 2016
The pay here is decent but you work constantly, your sales are never good enough, it's just not worth the misery. Long days carry over because the phone never stops ringing you're left deal with every little problem that the customers have because they call you instead of the support line. There is also a lot of favoritism in this office.
Pros
Free cable and Internet
Cons
Always working, no room for advancement, high turnover, never good enough
ccr- Tyler Texas
ccr (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXMay 19, 2016
I have only been with suddenlink a couple of weeks. So far the training is great. There is a lot of complaining going on but the way I see it is, they tell you up front what the pay is, what to expect on your calls and what the opportunities to increase your pay are. If you are not willing to do what they know works, then that's why you are complaining. They give you every tool and opportunity to learn and grow and have great options to move throughout the company. So I say, if you don't like it, move on and let someone else work here that will appreciate what is offered.
Pros
pay, training, break room with pool table and pong, on site gym
Cons
crabby customers but thats part of the job
Customer Service Rep with excellent people skills and salesperson
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVJuly 17, 2016
My typical day at work is that I talk to customers around the US to give them the best customer experience that I can.
I set them up with services that best fit their needs
In my 9 years as a customer service rep, the biggest thing I have learned is to listen. Listen to what the customer wants and needs.
I have great respect for my co-workers because what we do is not an easy task to do all day every day.
The hardest part of my job is trying to calm a disgruntled customer.
The most enjoyable part of my job is that I get to help customers on an hourly basis. I consider myself a people person. I love being able to get the customer what they want in a timely manner.
Pros
health benefits and 401K
Cons
not being able to have much mobility.
Room for improvement
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXMay 23, 2016
This job is a great start but gets repetitive. My biggest concern is that the level of knowledge that i would expect is not there. for example if systems crash i can still do my job without them and still resolve issues. however this is not the case for the majority of my colleagues. when you start relying on scripting instead of training this is what happens
Pros
hour luch
Cons
no room for personal growth
Fast paced workplace with emphasis on fun
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVMay 11, 2016
This was my first experience with a call center. Suddenlink sets you up to succeed with amazing training and ongoing classes to help you be more productive and helpful to customers. Once a week you meet with your Supervisor and listen to a few random calls and together you grade the call and see where you can improve. I really enjoyed working there. There were always contests going on with incentves to upsell as well as pizza or sub parties. They really did so much to make it a fun place to work. It was very fast paced and the days just flew by.
Pros
Lunches provided on busy days, commission for sales, room for advancement
Cons
Short breaks, very rigid attendance policy
Challenging
Door to Door sales (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXMay 6, 2016
If you are looking for a job where the customer is satisfied, this is NOT the place to work. The whole concept of this company is to make the sale regardless of the customers objections. This company teaches a script with rebuttal statements to use to aggravate people until they give up and buy just so the customer can get rid of the Salesman. This is the worst company that I have ever worked for. The people were good people, but the philosophy of the company was terrible. I think this company could do better by just advertising on TV. I hate pressure sales. This is a extreme high pressure sales job.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
High pressure sales
Suddenlink Communications
Accounts Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXJuly 5, 2016
This was a great place to work if you are looking to make money and have great sales skills. great for single people just starting out, its a place to build a foundation for your future.
Not everyone can work on the phone though.
Pros
potential to make a lot of money and progress
Cons
very strict on attendance, breaks and lunch micro managed
All work and no appreciation
Dispatch Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXJuly 19, 2016
Way over worked and advancement is only given to the people that complain they will threaten to call HR or most importantly contact the SVP. Those same people get the raises and promotions.

The normal day is always hectic i had to get routes out each morning so the field service tech had a route ready 8:00am.

I had more executive rolls of learning all new products and procedures an then train my team, I had to do all the coaching and compliments.

The most difficult part of the job was firing people. On the other hand I love to continually business of the day, working with people from all over the company I was a go to person for many people in many departments.
Pros
friendships and the feeling of accomplishment
Cons
fored overtime, and all new jobs was all put on dispatch when they were the busiest department in the local office.
Went From good to bad !!!!!
CCR 3 TEchnical Rep (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaJuly 16, 2016
The only reason why I rated ONE star is bc before "ALTICE USA" took over , this was an awesome work environment ! Hakiim has completely decreased earned Incitives for employers , he's increased customers bills making it so much hard to keep customer satisfaction as well as hitting monthly quotas as a employer ! Constantly changing policies with the lack of little to NO training. He's all about a coin !!!!!!!! NO MORE EMPLOYEE REGCONITION ... It's a complete disaster . Walking into a work environment literally not knowing when your last day will be . It's unfornate that my team has been laid all with very little severance !! This is a company that I will no longer recommend for future employment , bc just as fast as he purchased Suddenlink he will loose it . The customer service has went completely down the drain .... His business ethic will not make it here in the USA ..
Pros
before ALTICE
Cons
after ALTICE
Suddenlink great place tp work
Manager Voice Operations (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXApril 7, 2016
A typical work day was Email review , 10min desk meeting with each of my team to review the what their day looks like and any problems, Conference calls, online meetings.
what I learned was how to better communicate with chief officers, to better see the bigger picture and how I can adjust my team faster to meet that vision.
my co workers were hardest working, had a very strong sense of responsibility, sense of teamwork was the best I worked around since I severed in the US ARMY. everyone had a very strong dedication to making the customers experience the best they could.
hardest part was leaving
the most enjoyable part of my job was my direct reports and how much I enjoyed when that little light bulb went off in their eyes when you were mentoring them.
Pros
free cable internet services, benefits
Cons
Hard physical labor and long hours, good compensation and great advancement opps
Broadband Technician and Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Parker, AZApril 13, 2016
Day starts at 8:00am with a job route fully populated for the day. It is your responsibility as a technician to finish all the work orders on your route. Ranging from as easy as changing inputs on a TV to hours worth of work replacing wiring at the customer premise. There is much to be learned as a cable technician. One of my favorite parts of the job would be the training. It can be very interesting to learn how a cable system operates, and to see what is coming in the near future of telecommunications. Coworkers' attitudes vary by location and from different crews. The hardest part of this job is learning how to identify and troubleshoot specific issues. The physical labor can also be excruciating in the hot summer months of Arizona.
stressful for reps and services not good enough
Account services representative (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXMarch 4, 2016
They expect you to be able to keep existing customers, and open new accounts each month but they are constantly increasing the service rates, reducing channel options, and in some cities they need to upgrade the entire system. Plus there are too many performance goals that you have to keep track of to make sure your meeting each one, but some interfere with others and you cant get ahead.
Pros
good benefits, seldom in mandatory ot, 1 hour lunches
Cons
you have to work there to understand
Productive workplace with a great focus on customer satisfaction and a pleasant and supportive workplace.
Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Angelo, TXMay 28, 2016
Suddenlink is a great company to work for, They generally care about the welfare of both their employees and their customers, and do everything possible to ensure that both are properly cared for.
great pay, great benefits
Broadband Tech 2 (Former Employee) –  Bossier City, LAJune 28, 2016
demanding career. on call responsibilities very frequent and exhausting at times, but financially rewarding. plant and customer services extensive.benefits were good.
Pros
great pay for me. most i have had up to date.
Cons
too much on call. don't like working during worship hours on sundays.
You usual cable experience.
Senior Technical Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  San Angelo, TXFebruary 17, 2016
You need to be in with the good ole boys to advance at Suddenlink. Do not expect much flexibility and employee engagement. The company is all about the bottom dollar leaving their employees overworked and underpaid.

Benefits are on par with most cable providers but do not support diversity in the work place. Technical operations requires late nights and on call which leaves little time for life balance.
Pros
Free cable and friendly work environment.
Cons
Lack of advancement ability and rigid leadership style.
Great Communications Company
Assistant Manager/Collections Assistant Specialist (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCMay 26, 2016
Provided Great Service to the Community and work environment was pleasant. Training was excellent and the benefits were great. A retirement plan would have been great
Pros
Culture was pleasant
Cons
Too Confined

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Suddenlink Communications. Our community is ready to answer.

Suddenlink Communications Reviews by Location