Suddenlink Communications

Suddenlink Communications Employee Reviews

Great Pay and Benefits
Customer Service Representative, Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Saint Joseph, MO 64506January 16, 2017
It was a stressful atmosphere working in a call center with unhappy customers. The coworkers and management did their best to make it enjoyable with workplace activities and rewards. Good starting pay for a low requirement job. Great benefits of free cable/internet
Pros
Pay, Benefits
Cons
Stressful environment, required overtime
very productive
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Parkersburg, WVJanuary 14, 2017
everyday I come in and I take inbound calls from people concerning their bill,I answer their questions, make sales as well as I fix any problem with their bill.
Pros
great insurance
Cons
short training
BBT ( Broadband Technician) (Former Employee) –  Bossier City, LAJanuary 13, 2017
its a great job if you not lazy and you like to work with your hands. I enjoyed my time working there and the benefits of work there. I liked meeting new people every day and going new places.
Pros
everything
Cons
going into dirty houses
productive work place
Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXJanuary 12, 2017
5 stars. great place of business. very employee friendly. great coworkers. very friendly people to work for.
hardest part of the job is remembering all the information learned during training.
the most enjoyable part of the job is being around so many helpful people
Good Job, family atmosphere
Cable Technician (Current Employee) –  Trenton, MOJanuary 11, 2017
Have worked here for almost seven years now. Have learned a lot and get along with all co workers. It is a job that had be working in all types of weather environments from blazing hot, to freezing cold. I work aloft, or under houses, dealing with computers, phones, coax installation, mainline work, constant communication with the public, and much more.
Pros
free cable, data, cell phone, and company vehicle
Cons
not compensated for the work done, poor commision
Very fun workploace
Customer Service/Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXJanuary 9, 2017
the environment is great and the people are also. they make the work day go by so fast without even thinking about the time
Local Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Joseph, MOJanuary 8, 2017
Working at Suddenlink was a productive experience, unfortunately it was a short term job. I worked well with the people I had to train, but there were not enough people there to develop. I worked well with the director of sales. There just was a lack of business in that market.
Regional Sales Manager-Central Louisiana (Current Employee) –  Central LouisianaJanuary 6, 2017
Love working with this company, but want to move back to my home in Middle, TN I have responsibility for media and digital sales for Central LA & Mid Mississippi.
Pros
great work environment
Cons
compensation plan
Summary
INDEPENDENT SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAJanuary 6, 2017
Fun place to work. Great people surrounding you and pay that can bring home the bacon. It is enjoyable to bring home a nice paycheck after trying couple of weeks.
Pros
Great abliliy to make a good pay check and decent benefits.
Cons
Depends on to many uncontrolable variables.
cable in internet company
Direct Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Midland, TXJanuary 5, 2017
I loved working here I was a Direct sales door to door sales, but I do get Hot flashes and with this heat here walking from house to house was taking a pretty good tole from me so I had to quit. tried to see if I could transfer but was told nope due to me not being there for a year yet.
Pros
didn't have a boss hanging over me. got to do good things in our town
Commercial/MDU Sales Support Rep. (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXJanuary 4, 2017
Excellent place to work and grow within the company. Great atmosphere and co workers. Managers doors are always open and willing to help you achieve your goal.
Hours were not fun.
Broadband Technician II (Former Employee) –  Mount Gay, WVDecember 31, 2016
The hours were not fun, but the teamwork was really well. Everybody pulled their part and tried to help each other out. Benefits were pretty nice too.
Sales (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXDecember 28, 2016
I loved working here, and I want to go back.

I left the first time due to attendance I had a lot going on at the time and I think the attendance policy wasn't the easiest to work with especially how I started out but I think I would have a good hang of it this time now that I fully understand it.
Pros
management, coworkers, pay, benefits.
Cons
management, attendance.
Good room for growth
TECHNICAL SUPPORT/SALES (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXDecember 28, 2016
When I worked for Suddenlink Communications, I was eager about my future with the company. There was potential for growth within the company. My only reason for leaving was due to personal life conflict and the company was in the process of being sold to Altice - an overseas company. I didn't know how that looked for my job position as a Tech Support agent, so I found another job before that played out. I have friends still working at Suddenlink Communications, and others who have went back after it being sold. Seems to still be an excellent company to work for with great benefits and room for growth - if you can handle the call center life.
Pros
Room for growth/advancement, decent pay, good insurance, flexible schedule dependent on manager
Cons
Point system for absences
Employees at Suddenlink communications and upper management are eager to help with advice when needed.
Broadband Technician II (Current Employee) –  Shrewsbury, WVDecember 27, 2016
Had minor disagreement with supervisors that I can explain upon interview of selected. Great work environment, just the way the upper management has some things to straighten out and get fixed, Other than that I enjoy the learning experience and employees and working there.
Pros
Company truck to drive home after work and gas card with truck. Good benefits and PTO
Cons
Could take 15 minute breaks every 2 hours, Always getting work added on by dispatch team, after scheduled working hours, which is understandable, by but it seems like it's an everyday thing, that's no problem I don't mind some over time, but sometimes I like to spend some time with the family.
Stay away if you are able
Tech III (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXDecember 20, 2016
This company is one of the worst I've ever worked for. Their employees have creditable questions about being forced to work overtime and not be paid for it. The management of this area is horrible. It was good a few years ago but it has steadily gone downhill.
Pros
free cable
Cons
Management, forced to work OT without pay, bad safety conditions
NET Developer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 19, 2016
Good environment to improve our skills.Friendly management and encouraging team members. Team outings and dinners were the best part about the job.
Pros
friendly environment
Broadband Technician (Current Employee) –  Onalaska, TXDecember 19, 2016
Always around great people, with steady growth and pay increases. If you like being somewhere differant everyday, and being outside this is the place to work.
Pros
Company vehicle take home.
Cons
On call rotation.
love the job and people
Technical support representative (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXDecember 14, 2016
its a call center. the job is the same. answer phones but its the management and people that make it worth working at. free services also! big plus that we get free cable and internet and phone is only 10 or so. I love it.
benefits
Cons
shifts
Energetic team
Direct Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Lake Havasu City, AZDecember 13, 2016
Energetic team that worked well together. Management was great and the pay was too. If you have a drive to make money this job is for you.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Suddenlink Communications. Our community is ready to answer.