Suddenlink Communications Employee Reviews

I use to love my job and looked forward to retiring here.
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Bossier City, LAJuly 12, 2017
I have really enjoyed my time at suddenlink. I loved that it was family friendly and that most of us working here feel like this is our family away from our family. We are a team and work very well together with little to no drama. We have recently been brought out by a big company from overseas. Since this buyout things have drastically changed and employees all over the US have been laid off or pushed to retire. Budget cuts were so serious that even our paper towels and toilet paper were limited for several months. Despite all the drastic changes I still liked my job and wish I wasn't losing it.
Pros
former management, co-workers, descent pay, and good benefits
Cons
losing job after several years and new owners
Stressful and unbearable since Altice bought out Suddenlink
Account Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXJuly 12, 2017
Basically beware before you go to work. You will not get all of the information in training that you will need when you get out onto the floor. Then they give you these chat rooms where you are supposed to get help only no one comes back and responds then you look around for help from co workers and of course they are all busy on calls so they can't help you.

Not all of the call center agents are trained the same. The information given to customers is inconsistent to the point that it's beyond embarrassing to say the least. I'm just glad I did not have to look into their faces and say that I was sorry they were given the wrong information or were never told of the potential charge.

The company sets up policy and then you are told it is grounds for dismissal if you do not follow such as credits to customer's accounts. Then you hear from the supervisor that "it's not your money what do you care if you give them a credit?" The manager's/supervisors contradict each other.

If you don't get a tech issue resolved and have to send a tech on location, the customer gets charged $50 charge. I always explained the potential charge however I believe some of the agents do not. Who do you think is going to have to talk to the customer when they finally see the charge on their bill, and keep in mind you have a call handle time that needs to average out to 300 seconds (5 minutes).

The departments set criteria you have to meet with monthly reviews. If you do not achieve the goals then you are constantly harrassed by your supervisors or the managers. One of the goals believe
  more... it or not that you have to pass is; TO GET THE CUSTOMERS TO LIKE SUDDENLINK. This might be easy if they were given good service. I've had customers make comments about the techs in the field not knowledgeable or rude or just leave after they say something like "I don't know how to do this and will have to get help and tell the customer that they will call the back (which they never do).

Call center agents giving the customers incorrect information or the agent was just down right rude to get the customer to hang up so they could keep their account handle time down.

Then on top of that Altice/Suddenlink has hired local sales agents to go door to door and get new customer's signed up. The sales agent gives them a phone number to call if they have any problems. Only the sales agent's will never answer their phone. Looks like the customer was taken advantage of which doesn't look well on the company when the customer calls in to complain about the bill not matching what the sales agent told them. How can I make customer's like Suddenlink when this is the kind of service they receive. I've also been told by customers how the local offices are rude,

The thing is that they were obsessively focused on the time you were on a call. Bear in mind you get all kinds of calls; Billing, Video tech, Internet tech, confirming appointments, customers in collections, customers wanting to disconnect, new sales and adding services. It was very stressful and the reason I was terminated was because I could not get my call average handle time below 300 seconds, and make sales of at least $1 per hour and keep customers from calling back within 30 days which is unrealistic because sometimes I would see that they had already called in 4 or more times in one day because they did not get the help they needed or they were asking for credits and didn't get what they wanted.

They have excellent benefits, but you do not get paid enough for the type of work you are required to do. I've worked in a lot of call centers and this is probably the worst. I kept trying to hang on though. I guess I wanted to make a point that I would not give up.

So they terminated me. . . . .

Because of account handle timed (the average time you are on a call). I got it down to 325 seconds and that still wasn't good enough. . .

This was an awesome company to work for before the Altice buyout.
Pros
insurance, paid holidays, vacation, vision, dental and 401 k
Cons
extreme stress, too many policy changes to keep up with, supervisors are inconsistent
Suddenlink
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXJuly 10, 2017
Great company, great co-workers, great workplace. Enjoyed working with co-workers and supervisors to get through volume as fast and as complete as possible.
Productive, Fast Paced Working Environment
Regional Outage Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXJuly 8, 2017
Suddenlink is a very fast paced working environment. This job helps you get a lot of different customer experience, with lots of room to advance in the company.
If you are open minded and patient
BROADBAND TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Bryan, TXJuly 6, 2017
A typical day at this company includes having an average of ten jobs a day on your own and having to finish them in a timely manner. I learned troubleshooting, new technology, customer service, and lots of math/physics. Hardest part of the job is communication within the company and getting help. The most enjoyable part of the job is leaving the home knowing you fixed the issue and resolving it on your own.
Great company to work for!
IT Analyst (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXJuly 6, 2017
I have worked for Suddenlink for 20 years now. I have learned professional skills and extensive knowledge of the telecommunications business. They truly care about their employees.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Suddenlink
Technical Trainer and Broadband Technician V (Current Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCJuly 6, 2017
I have worked in the same area for 20 years so I really enjoy what I do. I have nothing against the company I just feel like it might be time for a change of view.
Very Stressful
Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXJuly 5, 2017
Benefits and and pay are great but you are stuck in a box answering call after call. Most customers are not pleased so they proceed to cuss and yell. Supervisors have too much on their plate so they are not much help. they will even ignore you at times. There are days where you are forced to stay longer and they will take your lunch hour away.
Pros
Benefits and and pay are great
Cons
one the most stressful jobs
convient
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAJuly 1, 2017
Suddenlink is a convenient place to work and retire from they offer great benefits for their employees, there is a lack of communication and Proper job training
Not a positive environment
Network Technician (Current Employee) –  Rocky Mount, NCJune 30, 2017
Pay is a MAJOR factor also the lack of appreciation for veteran employees I regard to pay and treatments. Unorganized, understaffed, low moral, NO educational opportunities, NO opportunities to further your career, company's main objective is cutting cost as it should be its customers and employees.it wasn't too bad before ALTICE took over and fired hundreds of people and cut expenses everywhere.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Pay, no education, no promotions, no incentives, and a negative work environment.
Best job ever
Sales Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCJune 29, 2017
One of the best jobs I had. Supervisors are very nice, understanding and reasonable. Very easy to make tons of money by assisting customers with upgrades.
New ownership
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Bossier City, LAJune 29, 2017
I enjoyed working at Suddenlink for the first couple of years but when Suddenlink was brought out by Altice USA, then several lost their jobs/careers.
Pros
Great company before buyout
Cons
laid off
not the same company
Sales L&D Manager (Current Employee) –  Bullhead City, AZJune 26, 2017
the culture has drastically changed since acquisition. In the almost 18 months since Altice acquired Suddenlink job security is low confidence for most as many key positions have been cut. Additionally the reporting structures change monthly as acquisition has been poorly planned and executed.
Broadband Technician (Former Employee) –  El Dorado, ARJune 19, 2017
good company, good benefits, good people to work with, long hours.hard to advance and very demanding of personal time.

not set hours unless you are in an office position.
Loved this work place
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Victoria, TXJune 19, 2017
This company was a good one to work for untill a mew mamanger Camembert in who ran the place down
The manager ran all the sales people off - we were a great team of 4 who we're alwaya at goal.
not for family oriented individuals
Broadband Technician IV (Current Employee) –  Kingwood, TXJune 18, 2017
10-12 service calls per day. Long hours and do not have anytime with family. Management has alternatives that benefit them over the techs that keep the business going, Hardest part of the job is the long hours and no family or personal time. I cant really speak of an enjoyable time.
Pros
free cable, internet, benefits
Cons
zero down time
very stressful work.
Technical Support (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJune 17, 2017
This is a call center, so it's a given that the job is going to be stressful. however, I never knew what extreme stress felt like until I started working here. customers made me cry daily (i'm sensitive so that's besides the point). The training was AWFUL. it was all virtual and focused on sales rather than actual tech support. We got 3 weeks of BS training and didn't learn anything. a week on the floor with 1 person helping 30 people on the floor.
Fun and Energetic place to work
Tech Support (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJune 16, 2017
on a typical day you are assisting customers from beginners to experts to get their service back online. you have to be patient and really listen to what the customer has already done to attempt to get their service back online. some customers will say I have done this can you just send a tech? you still have to attempt all steps to get the customers service back online over the phone after all these steps have failed then you may send a tech. once you know all the steps to get internet, phone and cable back online this job is a breeze. You also have the opportunity to increase your income by offering to up-sale the customer before the end of every call. with no limit on your commission! Not to mention there are seasons that you allow you to work as much over time as you want. Big plus you get cable and internet for free for working for them!!
Pros
free food when you work over time
Cons
mandatory over time
Great pay, horrid work hours
Direct Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Laughlin, NVJune 14, 2017
While they reward you with great pay. They expect you to work 12 hour days on avg but pay you a minimum wage salary. If you don't work 6 days a week you may not hit the high Sales Quota requirement.

Management is good depending on where you work. I didn't have any issues with management.

Long story short, if you have a family and like to spend time with them forget about it.
Pros
Free Services, Great Insurance, Great Pay
Cons
Little to no time for you, Unrealistic Expectations causing High Turnover.
Great Company Benefits, Uneducated Management.
Broadband Technician (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVJune 14, 2017
The Company has some of the best benefits around, and as field technician, even better.Take home vehicle, tools, uniform, fuel, etc, is all provided along with excellent training from some of the brightest in the industry.

Bad part is, you will have no choice but to work what hours they say, no choice on not working over time, no choice in disusing issues with managers and no choice as to when you can be terminated.

With Altice USA buying the company out, they have eliminated all senior technicians, office personnel, human resources, call centers.

You name it, its gone. The motto for this new company is Contractors can do it better, All i can say is good luck!
Pros
Benifits, free services, company vehicle w/ fuel card, uniforms, tools, training
Cons
Reminded, every meeting your expendable, Ulcers, balding, an all around health hazard

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Suddenlink Communications. Our community is ready to answer.

CEO Approval